• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season II: Who's your (league) Daddy?

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
Good question. One that I don't have the answer for. Ideally madden would be backwards compatible and that would solve your problem, but if it's not...Well then we might have an issue. How much would you get for your xbox? They're ripping you off most likely, just keep the SOB! :(

I guess my only advice is that with an overlap of 15 days between the 360 and the league ending (45-30) you could just wait that long till you sell your xbox, since I doubt the meager value will drop in that time. ;p I understand this might be a problem though. Maybe FMT will steal some of my thunder and come up with a brilliant solution.

Edit: Wow, we're both replying. Judging by the size of my post I A) Care more than FMT and/or B) Have more free time
I would assume Madden will be B/C, something no one has mentioned is the fact that saves won't carry over, which really should make a difference anyway with the league.

DCX

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
DCX said:
I know...it's killing me! I wanted to get in a few practice games in...we play Week 2 and i have never played you, i feel like my pass D is going to get a workout, that's for sure.

DCX

Don't worry, i'll give that D a workout week 5.

AZ Greg

Thanks for the answers guys. I only fear that they might not make Madden 06 work with the 360 in hopes more people will buy the 360 version. Hopefully it does work though. If not I guess I can hold on to my Xbox for a little longer.

P.S. Poor Truelize you get the Packers and Ahman gets taken out for the year and Ferguson is out for a month. The next roster update is gonna be killer. :( If you want to scrimmage Packers vs Packers I can show you some things that would hopefully help you with league games. Let me know.

I'm down to playing 2-3 games in 1 day but then again thats only because I just left my job for a new one leaving me 2 free weeks.
Even then, my schedule is better than my last job so I'll still be able to get my games in on time.

keep an eye out on the main page for a poll im about to put up. the winning vote wont necessarily dictate my actions on the subject, but perhaps it could influence it :D

Fifty

Hurry it up! Unlock all the weeks and let us finish the games when we can!
50% [ 3 ]
AZYUMA86, iceDragon7, Ramirez
Keep to the schedule! You can keep your xbox/madden game a little longer!
33% [ 2 ]
Fifty, frenchmovietheme

:lol

... :(

Ramirez

iseewhat3ag0dx.jpg

Marmaduke

Banned
FYI, I already told FMT but for the rest of you: I'm out of town in Cali for a week for business, so I will miss the scheduled Week 2 and probably Week 3 games. I will make them up as soon as I get back next Sunday night (30th). And I vote to NOT unlock the rest of the season games immediately, obviously. :)

Rorschach

Rorschach said:
Well, since xbl is down, I'm available after 630 PST tomorrow. I hope to see a reply from Cloudy even if he's not playing. Just let me know.
CLOUUUUUUUDYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Cloudy

CLOUDY

KONEX KONEX KONEX KONEX!!!!

Oh wait, I know how to get your attention....

kobe2.jpg

anime%20girl.gif

sakura-movie.jpg

sakura.jpg

brajant-kobe.jpg

Kobe + Little girls = CLOUDYS A BLACK PEDO!??

Xbox live being down sucks so bad. I expected to spend the day playing with my new Panthers and what do I get? Live down for 24 hours. =/

Their is acctually a lot to do outside but now I'm down $200 after going out... =(

Fifty

Finally the douchebags called Rogers Cable decided to come to my building and fix the internet they broke because they split my connection too many times. Have I mentioned I hate them? I also hate paying them money. Monopolies are fun!

Ok, I think I've partially calmed down. Bob, can you play tonight?

bonus edit: If anyone here is a fantasy basketball fan, PM me. I have a couple spots left in a GA league

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Live back up yet?

Play tonight CK? Even though I feel like crap, and all I want to do when I go home is go to bed, and play some GTA:LCS

Lonestar said:
Live back up yet?

Play tonight CK? Even though I feel like crap, and all I want to do when I go home is go to bed, and play some GTA:LCS

It's working.
I'm having trouble getting into the Xbox Live dashboard but I just logged into Madden Live.

Edit: Ok nevermind, Xbox Live dashboard only comes on for a few seconds then goes out.
I was able to get on madden Live but no one can get a game going.
All the Lobby chat rooms are full due to this.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm so fucked this season...0-16 here I come,I stink with the Jags :( I miss my Texans....

Result Opp
Week 1 at Dallas Cowboys L 17-23 hgplayer1
Week 2 vs ST. LOUIS RAMS (locked) BigZep
Week 3 vs SAN DIEGO CHARGERS (locked) malleymal
Week 3 at Dallas Cowboys (locked) hgplayer1
Week 4 at Dallas Cowboys (locked) hgplayer1
Week 5 vs GREEN BAY PACKERS (locked) Truelize
Week 6 at Kansas City Chiefs (locked) KingVitaman
Week 7 vs ST. LOUIS RAMS (locked) BigZep
Week 8 at Minnesota Vikings (locked) frenchmovietheme
Week 9 at New England Patriots (locked) Drey1082
Week 10 at Indianapolis Colts (locked) Mrbob2k6
Week 11 vs DETROIT LIONS (locked) Wellington

:lol Im done and thats only to week 11.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think League Leaders is broken. While I did have 3 tackles with Roy Williams, I didn't record them. The site lists him as having 8, and a couple of pass deflections.

Also, Had a good rushing game with Kevin Jones and he is not listed in the leaders. Weird.

Can't say I was really all that shaky in my game with Lone. One of those ints was my fault, though I think I could have completed it. I threw it behind Pollard who had Reed running in front of him, but the ball didn't go far enough back and Reed picked it. The two other ints were just super-plays by the Ravens D. :( Sucks I have to see them again. See, I don't rely on TE cheese, it's just that Shockey was the best player on my team last year!

Matrix said:
I'm so fucked this season...0-16 here I come,I stink with the Jags :( I miss my Texans....

Result Opp
Week 1 at Dallas Cowboys L 17-23 hgplayer1
Week 2 vs ST. LOUIS RAMS (locked) BigZep
Week 3 vs SAN DIEGO CHARGERS (locked) malleymal
Week 3 at Dallas Cowboys (locked) hgplayer1
Week 4 at Dallas Cowboys (locked) hgplayer1
Week 5 vs GREEN BAY PACKERS (locked) Truelize
Week 6 at Kansas City Chiefs (locked) KingVitaman
Week 7 vs ST. LOUIS RAMS (locked) BigZep
Week 8 at Minnesota Vikings (locked) frenchmovietheme
Week 9 at New England Patriots (locked) Drey1082
Week 10 at Indianapolis Colts (locked) Mrbob2k6
Week 11 vs DETROIT LIONS (locked) Wellington

Yeah right dude, look at MY schedule and cry:

Your Games
Date Opponent Result Opp
Week 1 at Baltimore Ravens W 24-14 LonestarGA
Week 2 vs CAROLINA PANTHERS (locked) iceDragon7
Week 3 at Philadelphia Eagles (locked) ColdBlooded33
Week 4 at Minnesota Vikings (locked) frenchmovietheme
Week 5 at Baltimore Ravens (locked) LonestarGA
Week 6 vs CAROLINA PANTHERS (locked) iceDragon7
Week 7 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (locked) dmczaf
Week 8 vs BUFFALO BILLS (locked) CP
Week 9 at Indianapolis Colts (locked) Mrbob2k6
Week 10 vs NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (locked) Drey1082
Week 11 at Jacksonville Jaguars (locked) matrixadw

All of these teams were above .500 last season.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
that 24-14 score HIGHLY disguises how close the game was. I had 3 botch passing attempts, 1 I know for an easy INT to give him the ball inside my 20. This is what I get for a 2 week layoff and hurry up league entrance. Not impressed at all with my Defense. Sure, I got some picks, but 1 sack, and I couldn't stop the little outside runs, just like I've never been able to stop those things. And Lewis is running exactly like he is right now, pretty "meh"

HERE COMES THE RAVENS, WOO WOOOOO!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yikes Ck thats a scary schedule :eek: You got a win against me atleast in week 11 :p

Fifty said:
Finally the douchebags called Rogers Cable decided to come to my building and fix the internet they broke because they split my connection too many times. Have I mentioned I hate them? I also hate paying them money. Monopolies are fun!

Ok, I think I've partially calmed down. Bob, can you play tonight?

bonus edit: If anyone here is a fantasy basketball fan, PM me. I have a couple spots left in a GA league

:lol What cheap persons garage are you getting your service from?

Road runner called me today after 3 days installing my Cable and thanked me for choosing Road Runner high speed internet and asked if I needed any help or had any questions.
I was worried at first since I thought there would be a problem with my billing info. :)

Rorschach

iceDragon7 said:
:lol What cheap persons garage are you getting your service from?

Road runner called me today after 3 days installing my Cable and thanked me for choosing Road Runner high speed internet and asked if I needed any help or had any questions.
I was worried at first since I thought there would be a problem with my billing info. :)
Same company you have took 2 weeks to come out to my house after getting the runaround on the phones for days. I feel bad for the dudes I had to chew out to finally get some help out here.

Anyway, FRENCHMOVIETHEME: get me an opponent (even if it has to be you...didn't want a loss my first game out :() or this game will never go through. I've read the NBA thread and this thread, and I don't think Konex will play. Looks like he doesn't like chasing after people to play their games? Well, I don't either. I did it most of last season and sometimes it's understandable, but he doesn't want to play and I don't want to force him. I'm cold enough as it is and the longer I go without games in, the worse I'll get. Tomorrow is Wednesday (the deadline) and there's no sign of him wanting to play.

Thanks.

PS: My schedule is hard. :'(

Fifty

Problem solved folks. He's playing Ice. That doesn't mean Konex is off the hook, but it does mean we can advance tonight. Since Konex has said he doesn't care, I can't see him being bothered by this so it should be ok

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Uh, when can we play our week 2 game? I wanna get it outta the way before i go into a hole to study.

Fifty

Uh, when it advances!

EA? Why do you fuck me up the ass? I'm not gay.....I don't like it. Stop with the ass fucking.

Shaun Alexander does not get hurt on a pussy hit like that. Bob is easily beatable people.....he just needs your #1 option on offense to get injured after dominating the first half. What a joke. I mean really now. At least let me lose on my own terms, madden! This game will be the death of me

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
:'(

DCX (weird starting a post with that)- I'll be available tomorrow after 630 PST or most of Thursday. Friday same as tomorrow.

-Rorschach

We can play tonight if you want :) I'm est time zone, i'm home in the mornings/afternoon mostly everyday, i'm off this weekend also.

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
We can play tonight if you want :) I'm est time zone, i'm home in the mornings/afternoon mostly everyday, i'm off this weekend also.

DCX
I'm still crying over my stupidity, but tonight would be good to get it out of the way. I'm down if you are :)

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
I'm still crying over my stupidity, but tonight would be good to get it out of the way. I'm down if you are :)
Yeah...give me a minute...i'm going to log on. What's your Gamer TAG?

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
Yeah...give me a minute...i'm going to log on. What's your Gamer TAG?

DCX
r0rschach

with a zero. I'm home, btw. I'll be waiting online. I have to turn off the pc for a bit, so see you there.

:lol :lol
I just beat coldblooded with nothing but passing trying to get a 500 passing trophy (Only got 400 =(

So anyway, I was down like 21-0 and came back with 38 seconds (after coming up 21-26 at the end to win 29-26 :)
Cold=Pissed

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
DCX: I have the stats down. Whenever you get back online, tell me.
Fuck me....power went out here...what's the procedure for something like this?

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
Fuck me....power went out here...what's the procedure for something like this?

DCX
Well, I have all the stats written down, so we play what was left of the game. You want to call it the half and give you the ball? (so we end up playing 2 quarters and that would be game over, then we add the stats up of the first and second half...which I have)

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Well, I have all the stats written down, so we play what was left of the game. You want to call it the half and give you the ball? (so we end up playing 2 quarters and that would be game over, then we add the stats up of the first and second half...which I have)
Ok, i'm online now...if u want to finish the game...

DCX

Rorschach

FUCK THIS GAME FUCK THIS LEAGUE FUCK DISCONNECTS FUCK FUCK FUCK YOU ALL I HOPE YOU ALL DIE! I WILL NOT TURN IN STATS! I WANT OUT OF THIS LEAGUE AND ANY FUTURE LEAGUES! SOMEONE TAKE MY TEAM FUCK THIS SHIT! DISCONNECTS ARE THE DEVIL! I HOPE YOU ALL DIE OF SEVERE BUTT ROT!

GG, DCX. That's what I get for being greedy...I don't know wtf came over me, but I paid the ultimate price. GG looking forward to our next.

PS: I'll send you the stats...just add them to your second half stats

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
FUCK THIS GAME FUCK THIS LEAGUE FUCK DISCONNECTS FUCK FUCK FUCK YOU ALL I HOPE YOU ALL DIE! I WILL NOT TURN IN STATS! I WANT OUT OF THIS LEAGUE AND ANY FUTURE LEAGUES! SOMEONE TAKE MY TEAM FUCK THIS SHIT! DISCONNECTS ARE THE DEVIL! I HOPE YOU ALL DIE OF SEVERE BUTT ROT!

GG, DCX. That's what I get for being greedy...I don't know wtf came over me, but I paid the ultimate price. GG looking forward to our next.

PS: I'll send you the stats...just add them to your second half stats
:lol :lol :lol great game!

DCX

DCX

DCX
Got them and everything is in...i couldn't stop your run...and surprisingly, you couldn't stop mine :p It was a nice back and forth game, i just so happened to stop you once and had the ball at the end of the game...

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
Got them and everything is in...i couldn't stop your run...and surprisingly, you couldn't stop mine :p It was a nice back and forth game, i just so happened to stop you once and had the ball at the end of the game...

DCX
I deserve the ultimate dunce cap.

Top Bottom