• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

5kinandBone5 is hot. Speaking of girl rap, feeling this one over a Beautfiul Lou production

Friendzone just upped a collection of their instrumentals, download it free here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xs4sw3

Really fun mix.

From that same blog/soundcloud, brand new mix from Ryan Hemsworth:
http://soundcloud.com/liveforthefunk/ryan-hemsworth-mix-for-lftf

Tracklist looks crazy....

I swaer to god Ive just heard a Donkey Kong from the snes song on here. This mix is mad as hell haha

okno

http://www.reloopdj.com/product_info.php/info/p483_Reloop-Digital-Jockey-2-Interface-Edition.html

Reloop-Digital-Jockey-2-Master-Edition.jpg

Perhaps?

I recommend against it. I have the RDJ2 Interface Edition, and it's fine, but you can do better. It's supposed to have four-channel support, but I can't get it to play nicely with Traktor at all in four-channel mode (lags horrendously, unusable). The faders are also super meh, and the effects knobs are really irritating, because they are notched and not smooth (so everything goes up in increments of 7%, makes it tricky to do certain things smoothly). I really wish I had taken a little more time researching it before buying it. Another issue is that any support from Reloop is nonexistant. I've written to them a dozen times trying to figure out why I can't update the firmware, and have never received an answer. I would go Vestax or Numark if you want something in the same price range.

Shaneus

Just on that, what do you think of this? Keep in mind the one I'd be getting will NOT have that disgusting colour scheme. It'd be the one that was released only a few months ago:
8WxEW.jpg

Not as a serious thing, but for parties and smaller (less formal) gigs, I reckon it'd be hard to beat as a portable device. Especially at only $290AU. Only thing I'm not super-keen on is the sliding (as opposed to 'tating) EQs, but that's a small quibble and I'm sure something that'd be easy to get used to.

okno

That was my first mixer! It's also fine. Having faders for the EQ is ehhh and they don't have a full kill, either. However, Vestax really knows how to make a solid pair of jog wheels. They work really, really well and feel really satisfying. The construction of it is also kind of meh, as it is completely made out of plastic and feels a bit like a toy and not a proper mixer. For the price, it's great.

You might want to wait for Behringer's new modular line! Coming out in May:
CMD-STUDIO-4A_P0809_Reflective_web.png

$200US
CMD-MM-1_P0AJE_Reflective_web.png

$150
CMD-PL-1_P0AJF_Reflective_web.png

$99

There are some other things, too. Everything can be mix-and-matched for super cheap, I can't wait to get my hands on them. Going to get the CMD MM-1 with two PL-1s, full four-channel setup with effects and jog wheels for $350? Yes please!

There's also the new Allen & Heath Xone:K2 that I'm dying to buy.
Xone_K2_3Quarter%20web.jpg

$300, but has been delayed until May due to unforeseen manufacturing issues.

Shaneus

Yeah, briefly saw the Behringer stuff but given the name, no matter what reviews they'd receive I'd always be at least a little cautious. At least with the Vestax, there's a reasonable name behind it. And yeah, price too... <$300 is pretty much my price point, past that I'd have to be considering something far more expensive (and big) like the Kontrol S2.

In no way would I be ditching my current setup (1000mk3s, Ecler Nuo5 mixer and Serato SL1), this would more just be for knocking out a quick mix (the mix "comp" here was somewhat of a catalyst ;)) or doing bedroom/house party/emergency gigs. It seems to be the smallest and most functional for the price, too. That + tablet PC makes for a stupidly tiny portable setup.

Can I ask what you're using now for PC DJing? Or did you just use the Typhoon as a step to playing on proper decks?

okno

No, I don't play records right now, because I live in a shoebox. Have no space, at all, to even begin amassing a collection, but once we move later this year I'm going to have an entire area for myself and a pair of turntables :)

I lied. The Numark X1 USB was my first mixer. That thing was awesome, such an amazing sound card and the knobs felt so good. I then got the Typhoon, because I wanted to have greater control with the jog wheels and also wanted pitch faders. Had that for a few months, and now have my Reloop. I can't decide what I want to get next. Probably going to get the Numark NS6
ns6_ortho_lrg_13-624x390.jpg

The Typhoon is definitely great for the price. The only faults, like I said, are the faders for EQ and the lack of kills.

Nyx

I recommend against it. I have the RDJ2 Interface Edition, and it's fine, but you can do better. It's supposed to have four-channel support, but I can't get it to play nicely with Traktor at all in four-channel mode (lags horrendously, unusable). The faders are also super meh, and the effects knobs are really irritating, because they are notched and not smooth (so everything goes up in increments of 7%, makes it tricky to do certain things smoothly). I really wish I had taken a little more time researching it before buying it. Another issue is that any support from Reloop is nonexistant. I've written to them a dozen times trying to figure out why I can't update the firmware, and have never received an answer. I would go Vestax or Numark if you want something in the same price range.

Strange, I can play with 4 decks without any lag at all, and don't share your feelings about the knobs and faders.

For the mixing I do I think it's a cheap but good controller. :)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Went to see Tiger and Woods in Brooklyn last nite... show was pretty amazing even though it was sold out and my friend who didn't buy tickets in advance couldn't get in (he took a cab to Barcade)... venue was smaller than my basement though :p

Opening DJ played some nice deep, tech and funky house but T&W were the star of the show... playing their Pitchben remix was holy shit. And some girl asked me for pills about 5 different times that night... yeah, good times, good times.

Alucrid

Banned
Drake - I'm On One (Hemsworth's Dankey Kang Bootleg)
Grimes - Nightmusic (ft. Majical Cloudz)
Mariah Carey - We Belong Together (Ghibli Two-Step Remix)
Grimes - Nightmusic (ft. Majical Cloudz) (reprise)

that is just insane.

in-fucking-sane

posted a new mix of mine. :)

Syd Syside - Mind Of A Machine
detroit techno, electro

Carl Craig - Mind Of A Machine
Arpanet - Wireless Internet
Aux 88 - Passcode
808 State - Got It Huh
Damian Schwartz - Morado Pilgrim
Instra:mental - Sun Rec
Jeff Mills - Search For Sigmund Marx
Drexciya - Organic Hyrdopoly Spores
Arpanet - Infinite Density
Jodey Kendrick - Quas 3
Ceephax Acid Crew - Royal Lounge
Electrick Dragon - 3rd Plan
Carl Craig - Televised Green Smoke

http://percussionlab.com/sets/syd_syside/mind_of_a_machine

lush

Another crazy looking tracklist:

Falcons - Summer Drips Mixxtape

Daedelus - Curtains Don't Talk (Lover's Juke)
Big Sean - ASS (MORRI$ x Cedaa E$CALADE Rework)
Ludacris - Stand Up (Clicks & Whistles remix)
NHT Boyz - (Yin) &#9775; Yang Gang
Brenmar - Done (Don't Luv Me No More)
FALCONS - That Bump (forthcoming Hellfyre/Alphapup)
Clicks & Whistles - When I Feel (Cedaa remix)
Project Pat - Googly Moogly (FALCONS rework)
Jagged Edge - Tip of My Tongue (Instrumental)
Ciara x Guido - Mad Sax (Armie A+B Mash-up)
Ghost Mutt - Thoroughbred
Dorian Concept x Lil Flip - Flip my Chips
Mouse on The Track - Swagga Fresh Freddie
K.P. and Envyi - Shawty Swing my Way (B. Bravo remix)
The Touch - Bodies Waiting (French Fries Remix)
MachineDrum - Alarma
LDFD - Outtacontrol
Flosstradamus - Hood Fantasy (Ludacris)
XXXY - Kerpow
LOL Boys - Flaunt It (remix)
The Weeknd - High for This (NastyNasty remix)
Falcons - Nigeria

http://soundcloud.com/oaklandfalcons/summer-drips-mixxtape

Night Slugs Mixtape Series 01: BOK BOK

01 &#8211; BOK BOK &#8211; On A Journey [cover]
02 &#8211; LEVON VINCENT &#8211; Six Figures (Novel Sound)
03 &#8211; KOWTON &#8211; Des Bisous
04 &#8211; BOK BOK & TOM TRAGO &#8211; Pathfinder BB VIP (Night Voyage)
05 &#8211; BOK BOK &#8211; Midnight Stop
06 &#8211; KOWTON &#8211; Jam01 (Levity Sound)
07 &#8211; COOLY G &#8211; Last Nite (Dub Organiser)
08 &#8211; GIRL UNIT &#8211; Cake Boss (Night Slugs)
09 &#8211; SOUND STREAM &#8211; &#8220;Live&#8221; Goes On (Sound Stream)
10 &#8211; JAM CITY &#8211; Her [BB Dubplate mix] (Night Slugs)
11 &#8211; BOK BOK &#8211; Silo Pass [VJUAN ALLURE Remix] (Night Slugs)
12 &#8211; HELIX &#8211; Damson.wav
13 &#8211; JAM CITY &#8211; How We Relate To The Body [12" Mix] (Night Slugs)
14 &#8211; HELIX &#8211; Pul$e Remix
15 &#8211; LIL SILVA &#8211; [untitled]
16 &#8211; ANTHONY SHAKIR &#8211; The Floor Filler [SKUDGE's Floor Killer Mix] (Rush Hour)
17 &#8211; GEENEUS vs SLIMZEE &#8211; Log Off (Dump Valve)
18 &#8211; BOK BOK &#8211; MJT [The Torture Trak] (Night Slugs)
19 &#8211; HINDZY D &#8211; Target Remix
20 &#8211; KAOS SOULJAS &#8211; Melody Refix
21 &#8211; YOUNGSTAR / FLIRTA D &#8211; Shottaz Riddim vocal
22 &#8211; HELIX &#8211; Drum Track [BB Devil Tool] (Night Slugs)
23 &#8211; GIRL UNIT &#8211; Double Take (Night Slugs)
24 &#8211; LLOYD DEVASTATING JACKMASTER &#8211; Magic Fingers (Dance Mania)
25 &#8211; DIZZEE RASCAL &#8211; Wheel (Dirtee Stank)
26 &#8211; BOK BOK &#8211; Charisma Theme Remix (Night Slugs)
27 &#8211; MORRI$ &#8211; White Hood (Night Slugs)

http://nightslugs.net/2012/04/23/nsmix001-bok-bok/

Unknown track from Swamp 81 on Rinse
Vindahl - Head Over Heels (Heblank Remix)

Miroku

posted a new mix of mine. :)

Syd Syside - Mind Of A Machine
detroit techno, electro

Carl Craig - Mind Of A Machine
Arpanet - Wireless Internet
Aux 88 - Passcode
808 State - Got It Huh
Damian Schwartz - Morado Pilgrim
Instra:mental - Sun Rec
Jeff Mills - Search For Sigmund Marx
Drexciya - Organic Hyrdopoly Spores
Arpanet - Infinite Density
Jodey Kendrick - Quas 3
Ceephax Acid Crew - Royal Lounge
Electrick Dragon - 3rd Plan
Carl Craig - Televised Green Smoke

http://percussionlab.com/sets/syd_syside/mind_of_a_machine

oohh looking forward to this!

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
A year old, but still so fuggin' good.

Dadub - Anatomy 13 mix

Øe - February_Seek - Unreleased (Farmacia 901)
Alva Noto - T3 (For Dieter Rams) - Line
Arrogalla - [)[)[)[)[)[)[)[)[) (Dadub Remix) - Mime
Plaster - Program Q_nex - Kvitnu
Sepalcure - No Think - Hotflush Records
Lucy - Lav - Stroboscopic Artefacts
Shed - Atmo-Action - Ostgut Ton
Shed - 44A (Hardwax Forever!) - Ostgut Ton
Lucy - Bein - Stroboscopic Artefacts
Pangaea - Inna Daze - Hessle Audio
Aoki Takamasa - Rn5-09 - Raster Noton
Burial - Street Halo - Hyper Dub
Instra:mental - Thomp - Nonplus Records
Shed - My R-Class - Ostgut Ton
Xhin - Arrival (Lucy Twofold Remix) - Stroboscopic Artefacts
Donor - Remainder - Stroboscopic Artefacts
Plaster - M2d - Brainstormlab
Pfirter - Supraventricolar - Stroboscopic Artefacts
Frank Martiniq - Dark Star - Stroboscopic Artefacts
Øe - Sad_Jitter - Unreleased (Farmacia 901)
Øe feat. Inner8 - Waste Land (Version) - Unreleased (Farmacia 901)
Lucy - Mas - Stroboscopic Artefacts
Shackleton - Deadman (The Bug Crackle Remix) - Honest Jon's
Shackleton - Deadman - Honest Jon's
Ramadanman - I Beg You - Hessle Audio
Elemental & 3d - Attack - Runtime Recordings

Shaneus

Hay guize, anyone here have recommendations for someone looking at a decent soundcard to record bedroom sets with? RCA ins would be handy, as would balanced outputs... but I'm guessing something like that would be a bit exxy :/
I'm not sure what compromises would need to be made if it was USB as well, because that'd be even better for recording on the road, too.

Nyx

Hay guize, anyone here have recommendations for someone looking at a decent soundcard to record bedroom sets with? RCA ins would be handy, as would balanced outputs... but I'm guessing something like that would be a bit exxy :/
I'm not sure what compromises would need to be made if it was USB as well, because that'd be even better for recording on the road, too.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/dj/traktor-audio-10/

There's an 8 channel and even 4 channel version as well.

lush

Fantastic Mr Fox - XLR8R Mix

01 Kuedo &#8220;Work, Live and Sleep in Collapsing Space (Laurel Halo Remix)&#8221; (Planet Mu)
02 Hounds of Hate &#8220;Trident&#8221;
03 Fantastic Mr Fox feat. Alby Daniels &#8220;Yesterday&#8217;s Fall&#8221; (Black Acre)
04 A$AP Rocky feat. Schoolboy Q &#8220;Brand New Guy&#8221;
05 Caracal &#8220;Elements&#8221; (Black Acre)
06 Unknown &#8220;Untitled&#8221;
07 Fantastic Mr Fox feat. Alby Daniels &#8220;San&#8217;en&#8221; (Black Acre)
08 Rishi Romero &#8220;African Forest (Original Mix)&#8221; (Made in NL)
09 Todd Edwards &#8220;Shall Go&#8221; (Body High)
10 Fantastic Mr Fox &#8220;Untitled&#8221;
11 Auntie Flo &#8220;Oh My Days (Pearson Sound Remix)&#8221; (Huntley & Palmers)
12 Tyree &#8220;Nuthin Wrong&#8221; (Dance Mania)
13 Fantastic Mr Fox &#8220;Pascal&#8217;s Chorus (Instrumental)&#8221; (Black Acre)
14 Pariah &#8220;Rift&#8221; (R&S)
15 Brey &#8220;Juno&#8221; (Svetlana Industries)
16 The Analogue Cops & Blawan &#8220;45 Dollars&#8221; (Restoration Records) vs. Fantastic Mr Fox &#8220;Evelyn (acapella)&#8221; (Black Acre)
17 Squarehead &#8220;Steer Me Wrong&#8221; (Bad Taste)
18 Murlo &#8220;At the Knees&#8221;
19 Kodiak &#8220;Spreo Superbus (Girl Unit Remix)&#8221; (Numbers)
20 Logos &#8220;Error 808&#8221; (Keysound)
21 Pariah &#8220;Signal Loss&#8221; (R&S)
22 Kuedo &#8220;Work, Live and Sleep in Collapsing Space&#8221; (Planet Mu)

http://www.xlr8r.com/podcast/2012/04/fantastic-mr-fox

XLR8R also has Surkin's "Gold Island (Bok Bok & L-Vis 1990 Remix)" up for download as well. Good tune from that Rustie mix.

Just a question but the mix tapes of late (Rusite,lunice, falcons, Same Hemingsworth etc)
What genres would you say they were? I personnaly dont care but people keep asking me and I dont have a clue how to respond.
Bass music? Trap house? Juke? Im kinda grasping at straws here and it would be handy to know.

Either way I like them. Good stuff!

lush

Just a question but the mix tapes of late (Rusite,lunice, falcons, Same Hemingsworth etc)
What genres would you say they were? I personnaly dont care but people keep asking me and I dont have a clue how to respond.
Bass music? Trap house? Juke? Im kinda grasping at straws here and it would be handy to know.

Either way I like them. Good stuff!

Future Bass? I'm sure Bass would suffice though as it's the catch-all.

Miroku

That Ryan Hemsworth LFTF mix from the previous page is really well done! I probably wouldn't get into half of those tracks on their own, but it's so well assembled I can't help but like it. Great mix!

okno

New Mr. Oizo - Stade 3 Free download @ oizo3000.com (site is getting hammered atm)

try this: http://oizo3000.com/ajax/download-album.php

YES!! Thank you! Can't wait to hear this. Did you hear his recent remix? Para One - Mother (Mr. Oizo Remix) So good.

Thanks for all the mixes, guys! I have so much awesome music to catch up on, super rad.

Also, a reminder for NYC-GAF: Every Thusday, I'll be spinning at Yotel in Hell's Kitchen.
FV1xo.jpg

(taken with my phone, sorry for the quality)
:D

Shaneus

Oizo was awesome when I saw him last year(?). Not as good as Zombie Nation who preceded him, but still was a killer set.

If you can okno, record a set once every so often. Always good to hear "live" (as opposed to bedroom) mixes, warts and all.

okno

I sure will! Will probably do it tomorrow, actually, I'm pretty excited to spin tomorrow. The last two times (the first two) was kind of ehrhhh... not good. They didn't really give me any directive beyond "have fun! Play happy music!", so I ended up playing it super safe, but now I know I can go much deeper and weirder than I originally planned (it's inside of a club/restaurant, have to play for two different crowds at once).

That said, this Oizo EP is doooooope. Really, really love "Toodoo."

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
YES!! Thank you! Can't wait to hear this. Did you hear his recent remix? Para One - Mother (Mr. Oizo Remix) So good.

Thanks for all the mixes, guys! I have so much awesome music to catch up on, super rad.

Also, a reminder for NYC-GAF: Every Thusday, I'll be spinning at Yotel in Hell's Kitchen.
FV1xo.jpg

(taken with my phone, sorry for the quality)
:D

I'm definitely gonna get over there one of those days, promise! Unfortunately I'll be on vacation for the next 2 weeks, but I have off every other Friday so that's always good.

Top Bottom