• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
sfauj5.jpg

The Jesus DJ set-up!

Mix // Remix // Bootleg // Produce // Record

1 x Korg KM-402 Kaoss Mixer w/ built-in Kaoss Pad
2 x Pioneer CDJ-400's
2 x 8GB Memory Sticks (1000 MP3's/loops/acapellas/instrumentals/samples on each)
2 x Korg Kaossilators (Dynamic Phrase Generators - synths/bass/drums/patterns)
1 x Edirol R-09HR Professional Wave/MP3 Recorder w/ OLED Level Meters

All in realtime. No media. No laptop. No software.

Basically LIMITLESS potential!

ROCK ON!

\(^_^)/

Shaneus

Vocoder?

;)

Ahaha... sorry. It's a fucking sweet-ass setup, though! How much did it set you back in total, if you don't mind saying?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Shaneus said:
Vocoder?

;)

Ahaha... sorry. It's a fucking sweet-ass setup, though! How much did it set you back in total, if you don't mind saying?

Haha, any vocoding is taken care of by a Micro Korg, but don't need that for everyday use ;)

It doesn't work out too bad actually, especially when compared to the cost of CDJ1000's and Pioneer mixers. The CDJ400's are about a third of the price of 1000's and far more versatile because of the USB functionality, and the Korg mixers blow the Pioneers away at a fraction of the cost.

Kaossilators are around £130 each.

-

Richie from Infadels just gave my set-up a name actually:

'The Kaoss Engine'

I like! :D

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Some awesome sets to download, most are deep/tech/prog house.

Desyn Masiello mix for Jimbo and Felix (my set of the year so far! SOOO GOOD!)
Here

Danny Howells @ Arc closing party 10 hour set (one of the best sets I have had the pleasure of experiencing live).
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Joris Voorn Essential Mix (quality techno and prog)
Here

Lovebirds Beta Lounge Mix (great deep house from the producers of the moment, Lovebirds)
Here

Sasha and Digweed WMC Yacht Party (deep house believe it or not :eek: )
http://www.easy-share.com/1904545243/sasha_and_john_digweed-wmc_yacht_party-26-03-2009_www.trancezone.nu.mp3

Slizz

heres a mix i got from my boy. its a unknown dj that does these mixes specifically for people in the forum that my friend frequents, and i must say i love his mixes. they are super clean an very fun.

his name is: dabears.

cover_afterhours.jpg

Tracklisting:

Miles Dyson - Intro
Felguk - Step On The Scene Part 2
Stonewash & Fagault - Violet (Lazy Rich Remix)
Felguk - Side By Side
N.A.S.A. feat. M.I.A., Santogold, and Spankrock - Whatchadoin' (Villains Remix)
Calvertron - Doo Doo (Jelo Mix)
Real Booty Babes - I Kissed A Girl (Ph EleKtro Remix)
Dabruck & Klein feat. Stafford Brothers - Open Up Your Arms (Original Mix)
Spencer & Hill - Flat (Club Mix)
Stefano Prada - Blue 2009 (Electro Mix)
P&R & Jorge Martin S pres. Swiss Society - Danger Zone (Tony Tweaker V.I.P. Mix)
Bad Boy Bill - Falling Anthem feat. Alyssa Palmer (Herve's We Are A Beautiful Disaster Mix)
Jon E Industry - Take It Low (Lazy Rich Mix)
Benny Benassi - Satisfaction
Pansku - Interlunar (Tom Reason Remix)
Britney Spears - Circus (Mysto & Pizzi Remix)
Hirshee feat. Messinian - Burn It Up (Original Mix)
Cassey - Sweet Honey (Mackey & Smith Remix)
Fain - Aurora Borealis
Pryda - Miami To Atlanta
Planet Funk - Lemonade (Benassi Remix)

click here

edit: DL this. you will not be disappointed. get on that electro baby

Shaneus

Slizz: haven't listened to that mix you posted, but the tracklisting seems very nice! Will be sure to check it out, for sure.

Deckard: Hear ya on the budget thing. If I was still on one (and the 400s were around) I definitely would've partaken in those rather than the 1000s. But given that I'm fairly well off (ie. no girlfriend) financially and I really wanted as close to a club setup as possible, there wasn't much alternative for me. It has been worth it though, as I'm now nowhere nearly as daunted about playing a club gig as I was with my old setup.

And I agree about the mixer... whilst I've never touched the Korg mixer, I find the Pioneers to be horribly overpriced considering what they do. I'm much more impressed with my Ecler which, whilst not as feature-rich as the DJM-800, has the most beautiful sound quality I've ever heard from a club mixer. I can do without the effects :)

That said, though, the Ecler does have an effect in/out channel with basic MIDI (on/off, clock signal) if you want to use a KP. And the effects that are onboard can be fully customised via USB.

Slizz

Shaneus said:
Slizz: haven't listened to that mix you posted, but the tracklisting seems very nice! Will be sure to check it out, for sure.

do it up ill add one more. also a very good one:

ilovehouse_cover.jpg

Tracklisting:

deadmau5 - Ghosts N' Stuff (Hard Intro Edit)
Spencer & Hill - Right On Time (Original Mix)
Sydney Blu - Give It Up For Me (Original Mix)
Kid Cudi - Day N' Night (Crooker Remix)
Feed Me - The Spell (Original Mix)
Tocadisco - Streetgirls (Dabruck & Klein Mix)
deadmau5 - The Reward Is More Cheese (More vs Jelo Mix)
Eli Smith - Party All Knight (Original Mix)
Crookers - Il Cattivo (Original Mix)
Felguk - Buzz Me (Original Mix)
War - Low Rider (DJ Kue Remix)
Twocker - Stitch (Bass Kleph Remix)
Lady Gaga feat. Colby O'Donis - Just Dance (Digital Mode Freaky Remix)
Tiga & Zyntherius - Sunglasses at Night (Popof Remix 2)
Kurd Maverick - Blue Monday (Vandalism Remix)
Just Jack - Writers Block (Thomas Gold Remix)
Private - Secret Lover (Spencer & Hill Remix)
Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (deadmau5 vs. BuZZTech)
deadmau5 - Sometimes Things Get, Whatever (Original Mix)
The Ian Carey Project - Get Shaky (Ian Carey Vocal Mix)
DJ Antoine - This Time (Klaas Mix)
MGMT - Kids (Soulwax Nite Mix)
Corenell - Welcome To The Weekend (Club Mix)
Aaron Studt - Nice Boys (Adam K & Soha Remix)
deadmau5 - Arguru
Dave Darell - Freeloader (Spencer & Hill Remix)
Bingo Players - Chop (Original Mix)
Guru Josh Project - Infinity (Klaas Mix)
deadmau5 - Faxing Berlin (Chris Lake Edit)
Jan Van Bass 10 - Beautiful Life (Jendrik De Ruvo & Flarup's Mashupmen Remix)
deadmau5 - Not Exactly
Spencer & Hill - Housebeat (Original Mix)
Diplo feat Rye Rye - Wassup Wassup (Crookers Remix)
Uppermost - Equivocal
Morgan Page - The Longest Road (Lex Da Funk Mix)
Wippenberg - Chakalaka (Venaccio Remix)
Kaskade & Deadmau5 - Move For Me (Extended Remix)

i <3 house music

Shaneus

Another nice tracklisting! Nothing too eclectic or out there, but enough to keep people on their toes. Any idea what equipment he/she uses to put them together?

Slizz

Shaneus said:
Another nice tracklisting! Nothing too eclectic or out there, but enough to keep people on their toes. Any idea what equipment he/she uses to put them together?

your right at sometimes it can become a bit repetitive and bland with the choice of songs. as for the equipment ill look it up now

Slizz

http://mixes.dabears.ca/

thats his website. it doesnt say his equipment anywhere and im not sure if the picture in the background is him or not. however it does contain a ton of mixes he made, with descriptions of the vibe of each mix. def worth checking out might find a tracklist you like better

Slizz

Shaneus said:
Good work... cheers! If you're liking that sort of stuff, feel free to check out my mixes:
www.shaneus.com

:)

going to check it out now, ill dl tonight listen tomorrow when i can use my speakers loud, i have a house guest staying here the night.

EDIT: recommend your fave one to me

Shaneus

Pixel Perfect is my absolute favourite, so you'll probably get the most out of that (despite being almost a year old). Have one other which I'm fond of that wasn't uploaded to the site, and hope to work on one more this weekend. Will post about it here first!

btkadams

fuck i still have like 10 mixes from this thread i have to listen to. including member's mixes. once exams are finished im gonna go through them all.

Wes

venison crêpe
Seems like the most appropriate place for this question:

Is Pryda releasing an album or something soon? I hear mention of a lot of new tracks being "exclusively" played on radio stations lately.

Slizz said:
feel free to talk a ton of shit with nothing to back you up! thx ass-face =)

look up my rob hall link a few pages back, if you know whats good for you.

seriously, deadmau5 blows and it seems every mix on here contain 13 tracks of his.

and do we really need to hear another house remix of daft punk?????

Slizz

boredofcanada said:
look up my rob hall link a few pages back, if you know whats good for you.

seriously, deadmau5 blows and it seems every mix on here contain 13 tracks of his.

and do we really need to hear another house remix of daft punk?????

give me a new electro house mix to listen to so i can stop listening to trash then(serious statement)

joelseph

Slizz said:
give me a new electro house mix to listen to so i can stop listening to trash then(serious statement)

I love edits and reworks from artists not typically featured in other mixtapes, seeing the same ol' tracklistings gets tired quick! I am sure I have posted these all here before but they are that good.

The following is a lovely minimix from Chewy Chocolate Cookies. 14 tracks in 10 minutes.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/561706033b08c594/

1) Chewy Chocolate Cookies "Still Untitled" (Coming soon...) + FDHC "Silver screen" Acappella
2) Keatch ft. Gehts Noch "Call it Love"
3) Phenomania "Who is Elvis" Chewy Chocolate Cookies re-edit
4) From monuments to masses "Beyond gold & Elvis" Felix Cartal Rmx
5) Chewy Chocolate Cookies "Apocalypse" (Coming soon...)
6) Royksopp "Happy up here" Boys Noize Rmx
7) DJ Manaia "The bass killer"
8) Chewy Chocolate Cookies "Numero" (Coming soon...)
9) Cazals "Poor innocent boys" Shinici Osawa Rmx
10) Chewy Chocolate Cookies "Boom boom" (Coming soon...)
11) Lazy Jay "Float my boat"
12) Digital Boy "This is motherfucker" Chewy Chocolate Cookies Rmx (Coming soon...)
13) Junk Project "Brain tool" Chewy Chocolate Cookies re-edit
14) Drlkt Freddie"Blood" Chewy Chocolate Cookies Rmx (Coming soon...)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Wes said:
Seems like the most appropriate place for this question:

Is Pryda releasing an album or something soon? I hear mention of a lot of new tracks being "exclusively" played on radio stations lately.

He just released EP #14, with Lift, Reperbahn and Melo on it... there have been long-standing rumors of an album, and a Global Underground mix, but nothing more has been confirmed.

Slizz said:
the cover is aweosme lol

Heh, it really is. I am currently listening to the mix and it's fucking awesome. Apparently this guy really likes deadmau5, he's got tons of his shit in here. Ain't nothing wrong with that!

btkadams

Skiptastic said:
Heh, it really is. I am currently listening to the mix and it's fucking awesome. Apparently this guy really likes deadmau5, he's got tons of his shit in here. Ain't nothing wrong with that!
apparently there is:
boredofcanada said:

Slizz

Skiptastic said:

lol yea and satisfaction. as for deadmau5, im down hes always down in miami doing shows

joelseph

I hate Canada!

I thought I heard a new Twista song this weekend on the radio where Twista was rapping over Chromeo's Fancy Footwork. The only info I can find on Twista is for the new single with Pharell. Does anyone have a clue as to what this song might be?

Thanks!

joelseph

Count & Sinden April Mix

Sondido Del Principe - Pesebre
Santogold - Find A Way (Switch And Sinden Remix)
Metronomy - Radio Ladio (Micachu Remix)
Tv On The Radio - Dancing Choose
Calvin Harris - Not Alone (Herves Dub Mix)
Gemmy - Supligen
Magnetic Man - The Cyberman
Schalcthofbronx Feat Slushpuppykids & Spoek - Too High
Groove Armada - Crank It Up (Mad Decent Remix)
Chelley - I Took The Night
L-Vis 1990 - Flux Dva - Jelly Roll
Toddla T & Herve - Shake It (Feat Serocee)
Lady Sovereign - So Human (Sinden Remix)

http://www.mediafire.com/?nomjmzzz0dt

joelseph

I am close to getting the Mstrkrft set. hopefully the kid can come through.

I have been really digging mixes from Malente. Thing is they are so hard to find online, they come and go so quick. I am rocking a Dec 8th mix, if anyone has any others hook it up! =)

Shaneus

btkadams said:
loving these tracks right now. and i swear in hookshot he is sampling a smidgen of waters of nazareth.

Hookshot - Wolfgang Gartner

Push & Rise - Wolfgang Gartner

Montezuma - Wolfgang Gartner
Saw him live in Melbourne a month or two (or three?) ago. I'm sure I posted about it here, but Gartner was by FAR the biggest surprise of the day, and probably the best act overall. Seriously... he rocked the shit hardcore. Strongly recommend seeing him live if you get the chance.

He did a track aaages ago called Front to Back which was good, too.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Oh so much to DL.. <3 thread

Because I DL'd that Mustard Pimp - Le Mothership Exclusive Mixtape on the first page and wow im hooked.

Slizz

II VerTigo II said:
Oh so much to DL.. <3 thread

Because I DL'd that Mustard Pimp - Le Mothership Exclusive Mixtape on the first page and wow im hooked.

dl those 2 malente mixes a few posts earlier, similar to mustard pimp, youll def like it.

funk0ar

Finally got my computer back, was using a replacement with no soundcard haven't listen to new music in ages! I'll have to scour this thread when I get a chance.

Gotta give you guys the heads up on Mylo. Holy shitballs I never realised how good this guy was, Drop the pressure was a great song but the album is so much more than that. A friend told me to listen to the album so I did, very much enjoyed it. Absolutely loving the song Sunworshipper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUT4V60xWpk

Also got introduced to the twelves. They have some really cool remixes, this is my favourite. Great fun upbeat track!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEc5bQTOiLQ

Top Bottom