• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

joelseph

Chicago is gonna reach 115 degrees today!

Morri$ on tour:
7/6 – LA, Fade to Mind R&B Special (Kingdom, Prince William)
7/17 – Sacramento, Townhouse Lounge (Grimey, Deathface)
7/19 – San Diego, Kava Lounge
7/20 – San Francisco, 1015 Folsom (Machinedrum, Sinjin Hawke)
7/21 – Oakland (Sinjin Hawke, Zora Jones)
7/22 – Boiler Room LA
7/25 – Los Angeles, Low End Theory
7/29 – St. Louis, Lola
7/31 – Chicago, Empty Bottle (Onra)

Jim-E Stack - Bubble boy . Single release on BODY HIGH

Don't know if anyone here frequents bleep.com to buy music, but they just released a compilation that spans the history of electronic music, beginning in 1930 and ending today. It's a pretty solid list, and has a number of obscure gems. I haven't heard of a bunch of the stuff, obviously, but there are some very worthwhile, and not all too surprising, mentions on the comp. Worth checking out!

A Guide to Electronic Music

Ishkur's is still the only guided to electronic music that matters ;)
http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/
Such fun

daviyoung

Banned
Ishkur's is still the only guided to electronic music that matters ;)
http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/
Such fun

Haha, Ishkur's a giant troll but he knows his stuff. Just had another look. Got reminded of this damn awesome tune, thought it came out much earlier than 2005 though. Oh well.

Some new house for y'all.

Mixes

Dave Seaman - Digital Mixtape vol 6

Jody Wisternoff - Intensified July 2012

Tracks

Tom Taylor and Gareth Whitehead feat. Robert Owens - I Came To Dance

Electric Rescue - Dope (John Digweed and Nick Muir Mix)

Yost Koen - 1994

Felipe L and Deephope - Conjunction

Slam - Positive Education (ROD Mix)

HiResDes

These are out:

RhJ7l.jpg
Pd6nk.jpg
p45UT.jpg
SLRJs.jpg

Edit: Joel is there a reason you post rap in an electronic thread, and not in Gaf-hop...Also did anyone grab that Modeselektor, shit is hot, wtf

gdt

New Blawan EP? Shiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

He has so many songs available to use, why only put out a 4 song ep? :(

Why They Hide Their Bodies In My Garage needs to be somewhere dammit. The full version.

Is anyone else going to Electric Zoo this year? Last year was my first time and I only went on Sunday, but this year I'm going for all three days. I don't know if I'm ready.

okno

I'll be passing on EZ this year. The lineup is really, really weak. Also, no way in hell I'll be trapped on Randall's Island if this heat keeps up through then.

Resident Advisor has an awesome, and long, interview with Boddika and Joy O. They go through their release process and drop a bunch of hints about future releases. Worth the read.

I'll be passing on EZ this year. The lineup is really, really weak.

I wouldn't know, my knowledge of and interest in electronic music is admittedly peripheral. Last year I went (at the recommendation of a friend) without knowing anything and I had a great time, so this year I decided to say fuck it and go for all three. Some things I witnessed last year were pretty lame (Snoop Dogg "Who here likes to smoke WEED!?" *crowd cheers*), but it was mostly entertaining. Hopefully I'll have fun this year.

I subbed this thread and I'm going to poke around for stuff to listen to. Getting into electronic music intimidates me.

lush

Electric Zoo is like Ultra North right?

Jealous of UK peeps with Bloc starting today. That lineup isn't fair.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I wouldn't know, my knowledge of and interest in electronic music is admittedly peripheral. Last year I went (at the recommendation of a friend) without knowing anything and I had a great time, so this year I decided to say fuck it and go for all three. Some things I witnessed last year were pretty lame (Snoop Dogg "Who here likes to smoke WEED!?" *crowd cheers*), but it was mostly entertaining. Hopefully I'll have fun this year.

I subbed this thread and I'm going to poke around for stuff to listen to. Getting into electronic music intimidates me.

Yeah, I will be going there this year, it's been an annual thing for me... mostly looking forward to Sasha, Maya Jane Coles, and Jaytech... but the lineup looks a bit weaker this year (and ticket prices are even more expensive, WTF???).

Some of you lot need to be in England! I cant keep up with all this stuff!
"Azari & III
Jamie Jones
Kerri Chandler
Julio Bashmore
Damian Lazarus
Andrew Weatherall
Joy Orbison
Maceo Plex
MK (Marc Kinchen)
Nina Kraviz
Tensnake
Pan-Pot
Sebo K
Crazy P (live)
Nick Curly
Miguel Campbell
Huxley
Koreless (live)
Richy Ahmed
Amirali (live)
Geddes
2020 Soundsystem (live)
Greg Wilson
Ralph Lawson
Bicep
Dusky
Waifs & Strays
Trickski
Maxxi Soundsystem
Futureboogie DJs
Luca C & Brigante
Dan Williams
Serge Santiago
Krankbrothers
Lorca
Luca C. & Ali Love (Infinity Ink)
Bill Patrick
Duff Disco
Danny Raper
Leon Vynehall
Black Diamond
Alfie

and 5 more TBA"

uk-0804-350021-33238-back.jpg

3rd August
10pm ~ 6am
Pearson Sound
Pangaea
Jackmaster
MM/KM Live
Randall Crate Digging Set
Joe
Hosted By Chunky

Oneman
Artwork
Kode 9 Garage Set
Loefah
Jon Rust B2B Reecha
MC ASBO

dBridge 5 Hour Set
SP:MC DJ Set
Hosted by SP:MC

320380_10151228210372166_1211640050_n.jpg

and so on.

okno

So. Jealous. Oh, my god.

Also, sucks about Bloc., that's really lame. Turns out there was a link online where you could print unlimited tickets by just changing the last digit +1. Uber lame...

okno, check out their mix, it's fantastic

What mix are you talking about? I didn't see one on RA and google turns up nothing...

Shaneus

Some of you lot need to be in England! I cant keep up with all this stuff!
"Azari & III
Jamie Jones
Kerri Chandler
Julio Bashmore
Damian Lazarus
Andrew Weatherall
Joy Orbison
Maceo Plex
MK (Marc Kinchen)
Nina Kraviz
Tensnake
Pan-Pot
Sebo K
Crazy P (live)
Nick Curly
Miguel Campbell
Huxley
Koreless (live)
Richy Ahmed
Amirali (live)
Geddes
2020 Soundsystem (live)
Greg Wilson
Ralph Lawson
Bicep
Dusky
Waifs & Strays
Trickski
Maxxi Soundsystem
Futureboogie DJs
Luca C & Brigante
Dan Williams
Serge Santiago
Krankbrothers
Lorca
Luca C. & Ali Love (Infinity Ink)
Bill Patrick
Duff Disco
Danny Raper
Leon Vynehall
Black Diamond
Alfie

and 5 more TBA"

http://www.residentadvisor.net/images/events/flyer/2012/8/uk-0804-350021-33238-back.jpg[IMG]

3rd August
10pm ~ 6am
Pearson Sound
Pangaea
Jackmaster
MM/KM Live
Randall Crate Digging Set
Joe
Hosted By Chunky

Oneman
Artwork
Kode 9 Garage Set
Loefah
Jon Rust B2B Reecha
MC ASBO

dBridge 5 Hour Set
SP:MC DJ Set
Hosted by SP:MC

[IMG]http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/320380_10151228210372166_1211640050_n.jpg[IMG]

and so on.[/QUOTE]
Oh yes. Definitely need to be in England. But thankfully, I will be hearing stuff like this within the next week:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJGnbco65Bc]Lusine - Two Dots (Nic Fanciulli remix)[/url]

gdt

The new Blawan EP is awesome, but its kinda different from his last one. It isn't really all that rip roaring/HYPE-y, its a bit more restrained. Still vicious.

And as an added bonus, dasboy just updated his soundcloud with 84 classic electronic albums. Get that down ya!

Pretty safe and expectant list, but there was definitely a curveball in there:

R-21439-1153306561.jpeg

Probably my favorite album to come out of the early 90s West-Coast Ambient/Breaks/Trance scene. Paid a pretty penny for the CD 10 or so years ago, and then snagged a mint copy from the artist himself on ebay for $20 or $25 a couple of years ago.

Top album filled with cool Sci-Fi samples, check it out:

Sunrise
Over and Out

joelseph

It is street fest season in Chicago and Chicago & Damen had their annual West Fest this past weekend with Flosstradamus closing on Saturday. Motherfuck they blew it up.

There are motherfuckers on the portapotties! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOckXpM5mDg

Went to an afterhours to catch ShowYouSuck but god damn it was 600 degrees in the building.

Onto the music..

Jessie Ware - Wildest Moments (Zed Bias aka Maddslinky Remix)

ƱZ - ŤɌ∆Ҏ ᶊῌῗ† √11

Percussions - Rabbit Songs [Rip]

R&B

How To Dress Well - Ocean Floor For Everything (Live at the Waldorf)

Rap

tumblr_m6sa12L9El1qc7f63o1_400.png

100s X Main Attrakionz - “Passion” (Produced by Joe Wax)

DJ NATE AKA BAKA DA FLEXXBABII - GUCCI GOGGLEZ ((MUSIC VIDEO)) FLEXXBABII ENT 2012

modeselektor live in the boiler room/

I keep seeing this guy get mentioned so im sure someone will aprechiate.

Anyways I also saw Scratch Perverts who may or may not have been a big deal at somepoint but their/his set was pretty random to say the least! Swamp 81 stuff like Acid Jackson,Mr Ozi-Flat Beat,Pretty sure I heard Coki-Shattered, Bauuer-Harlem Shake. Was alot of fun.

Also saw Netsky just because and he played some Jungle which made me pretty happy and once again I got funny looks for shouting "yooooooo!" at the top of my voice when M Beat Feat General Levy Incredible came on (Jungle is massive)

daviyoung

Banned
Scratch Perverts were never a big deal, but they were a solid part of the British breaks scene that had Freq Nasty, Plump DJs, Krafty Kuts and Meat Katie on one side, and Sneaker Pimps, Dub Pistols and UNKLE on the other. Scene hit its peak in the late 90s.

Scratch Perverts were never a big deal, but they were a solid part of the British breaks scene that had Freq Nasty, Plump DJs, Krafty Kuts and Meat Katie on one side, and Sneaker Pimps, Dub Pistols and UNKLE on the other. Scene hit its peak in the late 90s.

Ah Ok. It wasnt an EDM festival as such (Gf wanted to see Emili Sande...) but they had a dance tent with these guys and I recognised their name. Then it was some guy with a cross on the end of his name then Netsky then Fake Blood.

HiResDes

Lurk or post in Gaf-Hop more, Joelseph is quite wrong and just seems to be a bit butthurt at how the community doesn't immediately jump all over new releases. However, I've had success there, and my taste can be quite eccentric at times.

bomma_man

Just spent a weekend in Berlin, best scene I've ever experienced although coming from Australia that isn't saying a lot. Went to about blank on Friday and saw the Melbourne deepcast crew (but got lost in the k hole for a bit) then the opening of the chalet on Saturday, which was fycking incredible. Got there at the three in the morning and left at one the next day. Absolutely beautifully chilled vibe. Thinking of maybe heading to that month long rave in Portugal at the end of the month.

Just spent a weekend in Berlin, best scene I've ever experienced although coming from Australia that isn't saying a lot. Went to about blank on Friday and saw the Melbourne deepcast crew (but got lost in the k hole for a bit) then the opening of the chalet on Saturday, which was fycking incredible. Got there at the three in the morning and left at one the next day. Absolutely beautifully chilled vibe. Thinking of maybe heading to that month long rave in Portugal at the end of the month.

Go on...

Alucrid

Banned
I just gave the Rustie album another listen to. I didn't get all the hype from a couple months ago, but after listening to it a bit I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit.

okno

TOUCH BASS (aka subrock) put out a new mix. Everyone should check it out!

Huff & Puff

Just gave it a really quick listen (skipped forward a whole bunch, at the office so can't reeeeally listen) and I like the sound of it. He's gone in a very different direction, way more house-y and less electro.

Speaking of old-timers, what happened to DECKARD? I see him post around the forum every once in a while, but he never pops in here. Wonder if his bar is still open...

subrock

Hey guys!
Glad you found my mix. this is the track list :)

1 - Limestone - Bobmo
2 - We belong (together) - Urulu
3 - Love will find away (Alphabet City remix) - L'equipe du son
4 - Shape your life - Kolombo feat. Vince L
5 - Blue jam (Deepshizzol remix) - Vandyman
6 - Across the sky - Urulu
7 - Ballistics - Andre Crom & Martin Dawson
8 - Funkaccino - Lex Newton
9 - Foreign Language (Will Saul and Tam cooper remix) - Flight Facilities
10 - I wonder - Mr. Moon feat. Desy
11 - Miss you - Hardhouse Banton
12 - The Best Ever Made Ever - Axel Bowman
13 - Nora Nights - Dusty Kid
14 - Silvia Solar (Hot City remix) - Capracara
15 - The rebirth (solee remix) - Oliver Schories
16 - Sleepless - Vincenzo

OneMans Fabric Live Mix has found its way onto the net.

Not supposed to be out for another five days or so
Tracklist
01. Mark Pritchard - ?
02. Fis-T - Night Hunter
03. Grievous Angel - Move Down Low VIP
04. SBTRKT - 2020
05. Groove Connektion 2 - Club Lonely (Dem 2 Lonely Vocal Remix)
06. Mosca - Gold Bricks, I See You
07. Lando Kal - Further
08. Doubleheart - Salsa
09. Pearson Sound - Untitled
10. MikeQ - The Ha Dub Rewerk'd
11. Nu-Birth - Anytime
12. Bok Bok & Tom Trago - Vector
13. Joy Orbison - The Shrew Would Have Cushioned The Blow
14. Distance - Feel Me
15. Boddika - Soul What VIP
16. Basement Jaxx - Red Alert (Steve Gurley Mix)
17. Girl Unit - Wut (Claude Vonstroke's Butt Naked Mix)
18. Joy Orbison - Ellipsis [Hinge Finger]
19. Ce Ce Peniston - Somebody Else's Guy (Tuff Jam's Classic Garage)
20. Teeth - Shawty VIP
21. Ed Case - Something In Your Eyes (Underground Solution Mix)
22. Thefft - Switch
23. Youngstar - Pulse Y Remix
24. Burial - Etched Headplate

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
The OneMan mix looks fucking sweet, I love Red Alert (Steve Gurley mix), Gurley was one of my favorite 2step producers back in the day... guy was a master of the low-end. subrock, your mix looks awesome too, can't wait to hear the new direction!

Top Bottom