• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

lush

Oneman - FabricLive 64(shit stream, but nice lineup)
01 Mark Pritchard – ? [Ho Hum]
02 Fis-T – Night Hunter [502 Recordings]
03 Grievous Angel – Move Down Low VIP [Soul Jazz]
04 SBTRKT – 2020 [Brainmath]
05 Groove Connektion 2 – Club Lonely (Dem 2 Lonely Vocal Remix) [XL]
06 Mosca – Gold Bricks, I See You [fabric]
07 Lando Kal – Further [Hotflush]
08 Doubleheart – Salsa [Nonplus]
09 Pearson Sound – Untitled [Pearson Sound]
10 MikeQ – The Ha Dub Rewerk’d [Fade to Mind]
11 Nu-Birth – Anytime [XL]
12 Bok Bok & Tom Trago – Vector [Sound Pellegrino]
13 Joy Orbison – The Shrew Would Have Cushioned The Blow [Aus]
14 Distance – Feel Me [Chestplate]
15 Boddika – Soul What VIP [Swamp81]
16 Basement Jaxx – Red Alert (Steve Gurley Mix) [XL]
17 Girl Unit – Wut (Claude Vonstroke’s Butt Naked Mix) [Night Slugs]
18 Joy Orbison – Ellipsis [Hinge Finger]
19 Ce Ce Peniston – Somebody Else’s Guy (Tuff Jam’s Classic Garage) [A&M]
20 Teeth – Shawty VIP [502 Recordings]
21 Ed Case – Something In Your Eyes (Underground Solution Mix) [Red Rose]
22 Thefft – Switch [unreleased]
23 Youngstar – Pulse Y Remix [DDJ's Productions]
24 Burial – Etched Headplate [Hyperdub]
Ben UFO, Pearson Sound and Four Tet mix on Rinse FM
THE BOOMCAST #24 • French Fries / Pedro 123 (UK)
Wideboys - Addicted 2 The Bass (DJ Q Remix)

Checking out all the Blawan shit on youtube. Alot of this genius shit isn't released yet :(.
I need this one badly.

315446_10150934055131567_579331795_n.jpg

BeeDog

I could only find it on Bleep and Amazon which was odd. Did get a "free" flac/mp3 version aswell though!

Bugg'n is still the best track. So good.

Actually wait, Easy Easy is. Aww fuck I cant decide.

Heh, I'm liking Gooo the most with Top Floor and Higher Ground fighting over the no. 2 spot. I've played Bugg'n to death already, so it's snuggly on third place.

Divius

The repetition in Higher Ground is a bit too much, esp considering I'm repeating the EP myself a few times in a row usually.

The repetition in Higher Ground is a bit too much, esp considering I'm repeating the EP myself a few times in a row usually.

i'm a little disappointed in what higher ground became given what it sounded like late last year when lunice, rustie, and hudmo himself were dropping snippets of it in sets.

dat synth brass.

lush

Yeah, I like Higher Ground, but R U Ready was some next level shit. Still loving the EP, just really short and I fear it'll burn out for me quickly. Top Floor is the weak link on there for me.

I could only find it on Bleep and Amazon which was odd. Did get a "free" flac/mp3 version aswell though!

Bugg'n is still the best track. So good.

Actually wait, Easy Easy is. Aww fuck I cant decide.

Easy Easy hands down, track is awesome. The only disappointing thing about the EP is the lack of RU Ready which would have easily been the best track on this EP. Perhaps that was too much awesomeness for one EP? Wonder when we will see that song get a release?

Edit:
Yeah, I like Higher Ground, but R U Ready was some next level shit. Still loving the EP, just really short and I fear it'll burn out for me quickly. Top Floor is the weak link on there for me.

Whoa! Really? Those two are the "same" Song? *runs to youtube to see for self*

Edit 2: I can see the similarities, but think RU Ready will get released later separately as they play RU Ready still in live sets. That would explain why it wasn't on this EP though, trying to distance it from Higher Ground.

Speaking of Lucky Me releases, when is S-Type putting out his EP? I need Billboard blasting in my headphones, car stereo, and my towers and sub at home. All at once!

lush

LOL Boys' FADER Mix(this mix is awesome, listen to it)
1. Lil Wayne – Nightmares of the Bottom
2. Cloud – Turning
3. Avicii – Levels
4. John Legend – Tonight
5. Radiohead – Talk Show Host
6. Fiona Apple – Every Single Night
7. Christina Milian – Chameleon
8. Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe
9. Kanye West – Mercy
10. Jeremih – Keep It Moving
11. Kreayshawn – Summertime
12. R . Kelly & Jeremih – Misunderstood
13. Basement Jaxx – Romeo (Acoustic Version)

Rustie - After Light (feat. AlunaGeorge)(this actually works for me)
Brenmar & DJ Sliink - Bait
Holly Miranda - Slow Burn Treason (Jamie xx edit)
Addison Groove - Button Moon
Eprom - Machine Skin
Flosstradamus - Rollup (Baauer Remix)
Percussions(Four Tet) - Rabbit Songs(full track)
Bear In Heaven - Kiss Me Crazy (BNJMN Remix)

Nice.

Edit 2: I can see the similarities, but think RU Ready will get released later separately as they play RU Ready still in live sets. That would explain why it wasn't on this EP though, trying to distance it from Higher Ground.
i made an extended edit of the OG beat (that luckyme asked me politely to take down off youtube) that i can enjoy endlessly, but i really liked the "villainy" of R U ready. hoping it still gets released as an alternative remix or something.

higher ground is definitely an evolution of it. it has all the components as R U ready, just in a totally different and/or very diminished order.

i made an extended edit of the OG beat (that luckyme asked me politely to take down off youtube) that i can enjoy endlessly, but i really liked the "villainy" of R U ready. hoping it still gets released as an alternative remix or something.

higher ground is definitely an evolution of it. it has all the components as R U ready, just in a totally different and/or very diminished order.

Yea Higher Ground sounds like a proof read version of R U Ready, and that's what makes R U Ready so awesome was that it was just a dirty and rough banger. Higher Ground keeps that essence but loses some of the edge.

AlexSmash

Im sure it was posted already, but just wanted to express my appreciation to:

Untold - Calson

from the Change In A Dynamic Environment EP 2 on Hemlock Recordings.

The other Track on the EP "Breathe" is great too, but Calson just kills it, fuck.
Love UK Techno right now.

Apparently Kanye West bought "R U Ready" for use in one of his fashion shows. What the hell?

http://respect-mag.com/keeping-it-one-hunne-with-tnght-lunice-sets-his-sights-on-the-states/

I was thinking that a rapper probably jumped on the track for their own use in the future. West makes sense considering his collaboration with HudMo on a recent song. Doubt it was just for a fashion show though, expect it to show up on a G.O.O.D music release or on West's next album.

bowery

Anyone seen SBTRKT live (not dj set) and know if its worth missing a day of class and driving 3 hours for? Thinking of going to his terminal 5 show but i'll be upstate at school in october and the show is on a thursday.

Anyone seen SBTRKT live (not dj set) and know if its worth missing a day of class and driving 3 hours for? Thinking of going to his terminal 5 show but i'll be upstate at school in october and the show is on a thursday.

I did but I wouldn't consider myself a "drive-three-hours" SBTRKT fan. Some of the Wildfire sample-y stuff he did was pretty awesome though.

But I dunno, I've heard some sets and I'd rather see him mix. Maybe others here would be more enthusiastic about it hehe

Look at all the new posters that have suddenly appeared!

Simpsons-ClownDance.gif

Look at this for a line up! Pretty mental to say the least

SATURDAY 6TH OCTOBER
CURATED BY SBTRKT
SBTRKT — LIVE
FOUR TET — LIVE
TNGHT — LIVE
FT: HUDSON MOHAWKE & LUNICE
CARIBOU — DJ SET
RUSTIE — DJ SET
JACQUES GREENE — DJ SET
LONE
XXXY
PARIAH
ONEMAN & CHUNKY
KWES
TWO INCH PUNCH
ILLUM SPHERE
KRYSTAL KLEAR
JONNY DUB
DAMU
IN ASSOCIATION WITH HOYA:HOYA

daviyoung

Banned
I don't know what 2/3 of those things are. Closest I've got to this music is using a LOL Boys song in a recent mix. It's all too next-big-thing for me. I'll post a few tracks later but nobody listens to techno, and house music is old and boring and called new disco now or whatever.

I think I'm too old for this thread.

I don't know what 2/3 of those things are. Closest I've got to this music is using a LOL Boys song in a recent mix. It's all too next-big-thing for me. I'll post a few tracks later but nobody listens to techno, and house music is old and boring and called new disco now or whatever.

That John Talabot mix is supposedly techno (I cant tell you what techno is mind you it just says it in the right hand corner of SC)

Here have a prog house mix some Dj my friend knows made, He is playing before Guy J at a boat party in London in August
http://m.soundcloud.com/scottya/scotty-a-june-2012-sc-1000

In short:
grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud_001.jpg

:)

bomma_man

Hah sorry for the late reply but we were just about to go and it turns out that they had no license to sell beers... Or food... Or tickets so it was a wash.

Going to see a DFA (James murphy, hot chip, 2 bears, juan Maclean) gig in London on 1/9 so that kinda makes up for it :D

Shaneus

Sounds like I should post a few more. I've been doing so sporadically but whatever it is, it usually gets lost amongst all the love for this music that I've not heard outside of this thread :/

So, let's give this a crack. Some tunes that I've only just discovered which are probably old, but all awesome:

Dionigi - Atmosphere (quite possibly Moroder reincarnated. Yes, I'm aware he's not dead yet)
Tiger & Woods - Gin Nation (apparently all T&W stuff is this good. Excited!)
Prince - Controversy (Richard Grey remix) (Apparently sanctioned by Prince, but never used. Free download!)
The Commodores - Machine Gun (Situation Edit) (Massively championed by Greg Wilson, absolute bitch to come by. Had to rip it from SoundCloud :( )
Lana Del Ray - Blue Jeans (Gesaffelstein remix)
Gesaffelstein - Atmosphere (has Der Dritte Raum written all over it, IMO)
Lusine - Two Dots (Nic Fanciulli remix) (reminds me of In White Rooms by Booka Shade, but lifted up just a *tad* thanks to the vocals)
When Doves Cry (Finnebassen remix)
Ornette - Crazy (Phonique remix) (Youtube recommendation from the previous track. Sounds alright!)
Finnebassen - If You Only Knew (remix of an Aaliyah track, sooo smooth)
Piek & Efron - Vous Etes Fou (so good. On Fanciulli's Balance CD)
Jay West - Walk the Night (funky, summery, happy Paradise Garage-era disco house :) Love this song so damn much, such beautiful chord progression. Sweet.)
Joakim - Nothing Gold (Todd Terje remix) (see above, but rewind about a half a decade or so :) Love almost everything Terje does)
Adana Twins - Everyday (just a great track. Give it a shot.)
Robosonic - Thankful (samples Curtis Mayfield's Diamond in the Back. Very nice, smooth track.)

Hope this brings you back a little, dy ;)

Shaneus

Cheers dudes, that's helping :)
Glad!

I should actually make a point of posting in here more. I keep falling behind/out of date with keeping music sorted, I shouldn't use a lack of gigs as an excuse to not keep my mixing CDs so far behind.... and posting in here will help keep me in line and my mind fresh. I have a good mate who plays retardedly good tracks/sets in a local bar that I get tunes from/through, but I rarely follow through past writing them in my phone.

So next time this thread gets overrun with stuff you/we can't get into(/don't like), nudge me!

Loving listening to this Two Dots track again. Can't not love it.

If it helps, try not to listen to new music. There seems to be too much stuff that's too different from years past and bloggers get too excited for it... however I guarantee you there are songs by the bucketload you'd love that were released 12+ months ago and you're yet to hear AND still sound fresh. Hell of a lot easier to discover them after the fact as well, rather than when they first came out. Word of mouth is great for this, as you find people who fluked across them at time of release who still recommend them well after their supposed use-by date because they're genuinely good, not because they're the big thing right now.

joelseph

1. JIM-E STACK - Bubble Boy

2. DJ SOULJA-MAN - Eski Tech (DJ DODGER STADIUM REMIX)

3. DJ BIG O - Still In Love

4. DJ BIG O - Niggas In Parris

5. DJ FUNERAL - Bounce Dat

6. CHIPPY NONSTOP - Kicked Out The Club

7. DJ SLIINK - Emergency

8. CHRIS BROWN - Strip (DJSLIINK REMIX)

9. GRIMES- Oblivion (SLIINK REMIX)

10. WESTIN X TRIPLE SIX SOUND CLUB - Sway ft. TENNIS RODMAN

11. #SICHMANG - Koldsteal (NEUPORT REMIX)

12. LOST GENERATION - Back To 90’s (NAH LIKE REMIX)

13. MANIKAN - For All Y’all

14. GIRL UNIT - Club Rez

15. NEUPORT & TRIPLE SIX SOUND CLUB - Hennessy

528133_10150949034774607_1083816223_n.jpg

This Thursday July 26th CULT in Chicago will be a serious PARTY! Pizza Gang-star Neuport is gonna be bangin at the Мишка sponsored CULTin Chicago with Lol Boys, Teen Witch Fan Club and Sich Mang plus hosts Zombelle and Molly Soda. All this in one place will be enough to tear the roof off Berlin.

Neuport also just did a dope ass remix on The-Drum‘s new Sense Net EP released through Мишка and a huge collab “Hennessy” with fellow Pizza Ganger Triple Six Sound Club that goes wayyy HAM. But that’s not all the pokers he’s got in the fire. He is a regular collaborator with Tennis Rodman, Enron Hubbard and Triple Six on their own Minneapolis based #SMG label/clique, he just dropped a badassss mixtape to mark the transition of Gucci Goth to their new moniker BlackBlackGold and an upcoming remix for Chicago’s Sich Mang.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
love how trap is a genre now....and love that gregor salto track too, hes been making good stuff

What exactly is "trap"? First I've heard of it...

Daviyoung: I'd appreciate some techno and prog from you, I'm in the same boat... lots of stuff in this thread (especially the witch house and more hiphoppy stuff) feels a bit too "flavor of the week" as well, I prefer the basics - house, techno, trance, prog. Though I still love nu-disco ;)

bowery

What exactly is "trap"? First I've ever heard of it

I guess the best way to describe it would be like rolling hats, horns, heavy 808 snare and claps and any of those elements could sort of constitute trap but yeah it's just a certain style nowadays, look at any of flosstradamus's stuff.

SATURDAY 6TH OCTOBER
CURATED BY SBTRKT
SBTRKT — LIVE
FOUR TET — LIVE
TNGHT — LIVE
FT: HUDSON MOHAWKE & LUNICE
CARIBOU — DJ SET
RUSTIE — DJ SET
JACQUES GREENE — DJ SET
LONE
XXXY
PARIAH
ONEMAN & CHUNKY
KWES
TWO INCH PUNCH
ILLUM SPHERE
KRYSTAL KLEAR
JONNY DUB
DAMU
IN ASSOCIATION WITH HOYA:HOYA

Fuck I wish I lived in the UK, never get these type of lineups in the US

joelseph

What exactly is "trap"? First I've heard of it...

Interesting question. Trap recently has come to reflect a growing movement in the bass music community but ultimately has roots in the rap community. So I guess it's just the ghetto house of this generation. ;)

Davidion

So Trap is basically the slower, instrumental hip hop arm of all the sounds that's loosely defined as post-dubstep? I was wondering what all that #trapfuneral shit that Machinedrum was tweeting was all about.

I think it's hilarious that I can now like a particular sound, find out about the backlash about a genre, and then realize that the sound I like actually is that genre, in that order.

Top Bottom