• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

I post in this thread way to much.
Apparently these guys have a new song out, I didnt much care for it
http://soundcloud.com/crystal-castles/crystal-castles-plague but it reminded me of this one of theirs that I used to love four odd years ago!
Crystal Castles-Crimewave

So Trap is basically the slower, instrumental hip hop arm of all the sounds that's loosely defined as post-dubstep? I was wondering what all that #trapfuneral shit that Machinedrum was tweeting was all about.

I think it's hilarious that I can now like a particular sound, find out about the backlash about a genre, and then realize that the sound I like actually is that genre, in that order.

The names been around for awhile but people kicked and screamed about it being a fad but now that its picking up steam and being abit more recognized its kinda stuck.

daviyoung

Banned
Enough with the moaning for now. Here's some heatwave music.

Ninja Tune + RizLab Present Bonobo - 'All In Forms' (Letherette Remix)

Trentemoller - Shades of Marble (Mortinare Mix)

Blu Mar Ten - All of Nothing (Sincopate Mix)

Boys Noize - What You Want

The Other Tribe - Skirts (Jody Wisternoff Mix)

Someone Else - Barbay (Ronan Portela Mix) (Joris Voorn Edit)

Alex Alterskye - You'll Be Right (Humandrone's Analogue Workout)

LetKolben - Rhythms of the Street

Slam - System v System

daviyoung:
One more that sprang to mind:
Maxxi Soundsystem - Criticize (I think I've posted it before, but warrants posting again)

This is awesome, never heard it before. Love the bass at 2.10.

Here have a prog house mix some Dj my friend knows made, He is playing before Guy J at a boat party in London in August
http://m.soundcloud.com/scottya/scotty-a-june-2012-sc-1000

Thanks! Chill mix. You'd better be going on that boat party!

LOL Boys' FADER Mix(this mix is awesome, listen to it)

And this is just nuts. Good work on the tracklisting, it's a proper mash-up.

Holy crapadoodles, so much goodness in here to check out! I've been out of the loop for a bit... Got robbed at knifepoint at my job last week, so I've been dealing with that (not fun).

What the fuck man?

Yeah Ill be going, a friend is organizing it :)
Speaking of Guy J
Guy J - July Never late for Summer mix
1.Soulade - Fora Da chuva
2.Ramon Tapia - Wonderland (BP mix)
3.Henry Saiz - Our discovery
4.Guy J - Lost & Found
5.Maximilijan - One love
6.Dead house squad - Sticky
7.Ferdy & Navar - True Colors (Cindy Lauper)
8.Sam Ball - Seal the deal
9.Michael Burns - How to escape yourself (Lank mix)
10.Sunshine Jones - Fall Down
11.Jeff Pietro and Israel Vines - Field Image

Edit: well sorting tickets but I think he knows the people running it aswell haha

lush

New Crystal Castles and Boys Noize on the same day? It's 2008 again.

I still think trap is a stupid genre tag but I think alot of them are stupid. It's certainly the flavor of the week right now and is being posted heavily, but it's definitely not the only thing posted in here. I'm probably guilty of posting too much, I enjoy that cross between hip hop and UK bass music. Jump back in though, the more in here the merrier.

bowery

So i'm going to Osheaga in montreal on friday, jamie xx with pearson sound, sinjin hawke and lemonade on saturday and then sunday this

lULlM.jpg

Going to hear so much TNGHT from lunice, going to wile out to harlem shake cant wait, erol alkan oh my god you just know hes going to drop amazing stuff
Probably the best music weekend of my life

okno

Can't find a YT, but man this is great:

http://www.beatport.com/track/the-invisible-thread-chloe-straight-mix/3593236

Really love this kind of atmosphere.

This Chloe also remixed the classic:

Rework - Love Love Love (Chloe Remix)

:O This is awesome, really really awesome. I've had a love affair with that Rework remix since it came out. Love, love, love (hah!) that track to death, including the original. Chloe's original material is just ehhh, with moments of brilliance, but her remixes are aces all around.

Now, about this "trap" genre... Some weird stuff there, but I like it. It's a cool sound, but I see it going the way of dubstep FAST. I listened to a handful of tracks last night, really liked that 813 track. That Gregor Salto track is bonnnnkers. Still haven't had any time to go through anything else, though. Shit has been crazy here.

Daviyoung said:
What the fuck man?
Yep. Fired a guy from my work two weeks ago, and he came back later that night asking for his tips and then held me up at knifepoint and stole all the money from the register, about $900. Really crazy, because he was a guy that no one would have EVER thought capable of such a thing. Got a phone call this morning that they arrested him, so now its time to press formal charges and get him into jail. He has a loooooong history, apparently, so he's going to be going away for a long, long time. I still haven't really gotten over it, but now that I know he's in jail I feel a little better.

I think this is as good a time as any to reveal this... My new side project! I've been playing out a lot lately, as erkr, but its mostly been disco/house, so I created Punkin as my bass/techno alter ego. I'll be uploading weekly after hours mixes comprised of mostly deep house, UK bass/funky/garage and techno, known as Punkin Plays the Hits. The idea is to do a mix that is as close as possible to feeling like one continuous song, with a maximum of three effects used on each mix, and to never be predictable. Enjoy Volume 1!

Mario & Vidis - Care (feat. Ernesto) (Silence Music)
Mr. Jones - Fun (Electrique Music)
Tight - Sunday Ride (Electrique Music)
Alexander Robotnick - Back to Dreams (Hot Elephant)
Mak & Pasteman - What Love Is (Car Crash Set)
John Spring - Eye Contact (Areal Records)
Jon Convex - Zero (3024)
Sei A - Hawk Tone (Kompakt)
Julio Bashmore - Troglodytes (Boardwalk Records)
D-Bridge - Scarlett (Convex Industries)
Midland - What We Know (MCDE Remix) (Aus Music)
October - Tension Point (Simple Records)
Renaissance Man - What Do You Do When You Do What You Do (Paul Woolford Remix) (Turbo Recordings)

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I stumbled upon this Lorn song on youtube the other day -Running Ink - it's pretty shit in terms of quality, does anyone know if it's been released on a record somewhere? I think it sounds pretty neat, but it'd like to be able to listen to it without bleeding out of my ears. discogs don't turn up nothing much and I didn't find anything googlin' either.

=(

Shaneus

Interesting question. Trap recently has come to reflect a growing movement in the bass music community but ultimately has roots in the rap community. So I guess it's just the ghetto house of this generation. ;)
Hey daviyoung, now we can put a name to it! :D

BTW Keen to hear your mix, okno! Soundcloud blocked at work but will (try to remember to) check it out tonight.

daviyoung

Banned
Yep. Fired a guy from my work two weeks ago, and he came back later that night asking for his tips and then held me up at knifepoint and stole all the money from the register, about $900. Really crazy, because he was a guy that no one would have EVER thought capable of such a thing. Got a phone call this morning that they arrested him, so now its time to press formal charges and get him into jail. He has a loooooong history, apparently, so he's going to be going away for a long, long time. I still haven't really gotten over it, but now that I know he's in jail I feel a little better.

That's rough. Glad you're all right and that you weren't hurt. The guy's doing his time now. He was obviously desperate and snapped, not that it's any excuse to do what he did. He can get over that in jail. Hopefully this is just the one-a-million event it sounds like. I'm wishing you a speedy recovery mate.

In the meantime there is some fantastic music being posted by new faces in the last few days. And there's some "trap" too.

daviyoung

Banned
Hey daviyoung, now we can put a name to it! :D

Haha, I don't think it's just trap. It's the music with a total identity crisis I have a problem with. Garage hi-hat + happy hardcore chipmunk vocals + IDM-style broken beat + whatever else is in your misc-synth folder of Reason. In 2 minutes it's like 10 genres that have no passing semblance to each other, it works 5% of the time. It's like the electronic equivalent of a Jackson Pollock painting and it annoys me, probably more than it should.

Shaneus

In the meantime there is some fantastic music being posted by new faces in the last few days. And there's some "trap" too.
Bahahahaha

Haha, I don't think it's just trap. It's the music with a total identity crisis I have a problem with. Garage hi-hat + happy hardcore chipmunk vocals + IDM-style broken beat + whatever else is in your misc-synth folder of Reason. In 2 minutes it's like 10 genres that have no passing semblance to each other, it works 5% of the time. It's like the electronic equivalent of a Jackson Pollock painting and it annoys me, probably more than it should.
Yeah, that's what rubs me up the wrong way about it as well. It's not doing any genre well, but it's mooshing them all together and not in any clever, significant way. At least, compared to "regular" music which has structure. I'm glad someone else is on the same page as me because I was beginning to feel a bit alone in this thread!
I just can't picture the music being played anywhere where people would be enjoying it. Not a bar, not a club, not a festival... maybe in someone's bedroom where they're making it on the fly, but that's it.

Bahahahaha

Yeah, that's what rubs me up the wrong way about it as well. It's not doing any genre well, but it's mooshing them all together and not in any clever, significant way. At least, compared to "regular" music which has structure. I'm glad someone else is on the same page as me because I was beginning to feel a bit alone in this thread!
I just can't picture the music being played anywhere where people would be enjoying it. Not a bar, not a club, not a festival... maybe in someone's bedroom where they're making it on the fly, but that's it.

I typed up a few responses, I was going to bold bits of this, instead Ill just put this instead. I have a feeling we will agree to disagree no matter what I type up as a response just like the last time this happend haha.
StarTrekFacePalm.gif

Shaneus

That doesn't exactly explain why other people like it though. You don't need to try and convince me to justify explaining yourself. Hell, I wasn't trying to convince anyone to not like it :) I can go on and on for hours why I might like a particular genre or song or whatever, but I'm never trying to turn anyone around... just trying to explain to them why *I* like something. Maybe they'll be able to see it from my point of view and enjoy it for themselves, maybe not.

Feel free to go ahead and tell me why you like it... or just post a gif. You could be losing one convert by going down the latter route.

True, but when you say stuff like you cant imagine people dancing to it anywhere outside of their room its kind of hard to muster up the energy to say anything because thats a nuts thing to say.

Well actually Ive been to all kinds of nights and the most energy Ive ever seen from people dancing and so on was Lunice playing Trap/Rap in Bristol and Vivek and Mala playing Dubstep.

Honestly when I saw Lunice play the guy has SO much energy and stage presence if you can call it that, People where swinging from the low ceiling, jumping around, shouting and genrally losing it and having a blast.
I had some footage but never got around to uploading it :(

There is actually a really good review of the Vinyl I posted on youtube, dude is bald and has black glasses if that helps lol but ill try and find it.
Edit: Found it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjZJoRTOKr0&feature=youtu.be
He does a far better job than I ever could explaining the technicals but to say its just random stuff thrown together with no sense would be like me saying a prog house song is just a two min house song looped for 10 which orderline offensive haha.

Its punchy, abit crazy, its just fun music really. I cant describe why I like it to be honest.

Not trying to convert anyone just defend it I suppose.

End of the day if you dont like the stuff posted you can ignore it but I think thats just being closed minded.
Just post all the stuff you love. I dont post dubstep anymore because I never get any feedback or comments on it when I do!

Is is abit of a random rant/response so I apologise for wasting your time reading it :p

Edit: something funny about typing that while listening to Sashas- Involver CD haha

daviyoung

Banned
I've always felt that good music is good no matter what genre it is or how it's made or who it's made by. Electronic music is special because it's so easy to experiment with. Other genres take years of practicing a certain instrument before you've just scratched competence, let alone have the confidence to experiment with any sort of clarity. Learning sheet music is for university courses, writing sheet music is a profession.

Electronic music is constantly grassroots sound experimentation, some software and some ideas is literally all you need: does it sound good? Keep it. This is why a new genre is discovered every minute, like a new species of fly. Not because it's new, but because it's a slight variant of another or more. Every EDM genre started off as a mash-up of previous genres, then they become more refined and rigidily defined.

However, after a while it's easy to spot trends in certain new genres, it's easy to see which ones have lasting power and which ones don't. And this is more to do with psychology than musicality. It hasn't come to old-man-telling-kids-it's-all-just-noise yet, but it's easy to misunderstand it as that.

Progressive house started with DJs playing different genres within a set, then it progressed to different genres within a song. It's the same with this music. Progressive house is the same house beat looped for 10 minutes, but people can find their groove and dance to it. This stuff has a house beat for 30 seconds and then the time-sig goes all over the place. Yeh you can jump around to it and shout at your friends over a breakdown, but can you dance to it? Not really, it's not built for that.

Watching people try to dance to dubstep in 2007 was like watching fish flap about out of water in slow motion.

Edit: I jibberjabber about the best o' times during the day, and post choons at night. It's how I roll, don't be hatin'

Fair points.
Maybe I should have said cant help but move rather than dance then but I have seen it with my own two eyes! Same with dubstep. I guess its just personal experience at the end of the day! I see more people trying to pull or just waving their arms about like jelly fish at house nights than anywhere else :p

I cant post anything from work so I just chat shit instead :|

okno

Well, this thread took an interesting turn. Remember PLUR, guys? Let's bring back PLUR... It's surprising to me that there is always this tension between genre lovers, and it seems like it'll never really end. When Bass started getting big, and more people like Scuba and Boddika started playing more house in their sets, it seemed like the divide was shrinking, but now it's rapidly widening again.

I'm with Daviyoung: good music is good music regardless of labels. Trap is a strange beast, but I think it's a logical evolution given the direction things have been going in. Parties are constantly being thrown with a mix of house, breaks, and d n b DJs, it's very similar to how dubstep began to form into a thing and become a viable genre. Whether or not Trap has any staying power, I don't know, but let the kids have their fun. I don't see us talking about it a year from now, but I can see it becoming fairly mainstream. It has all the trappings to become a big thing: big bass, low-swung grooves, a hip-hop strut and spastic vocal samples. Only time will tell if it'll get smoothed out or if it'll stay a wily beast. That said, I think it's cool and interesting.

This thread lacks serious discussion. It's mostly just kids throwing up random links to stuff saying, "big," "tune," and whatnot. Throw in some thoughts here and there, we can't just wait for the discussion to form itself, otherwise this thread will whither and die.

Shaneus

It's great to read your viewpoint and I can't say I disagree with any of it (apart from being close-minded... and I mentioned "enjoying", not dancing. Subtle difference ;) I can enjoy music without dancing to it. Tapping feet is sometimes all it needs, and I couldn't even imagine people doing that to this... because of the wacky time signatures). DY has pretty much said what I was going to say anyway... there's a groove you can get into with house/prog (etc. etc.) where you can get as involved with it as you want (whether it's right into it or tapping your feet to it while chatting to mates, having a drink) but (trust me, I've tried) I can't seem to get involved with this stuff. I can pay attention to it, but I can see I won't be able to get lost in it.

I can't picture it being good bar music, either... and as I spend more time in bars and less at clubs and festivals as I get older (dear GOD no!) that's where my preferences naturally lie and where my mind wanders to when thinking about stuff I can either just "hang out" to or actually play. I'd imagine mixing this stuff would be a right bitch ;)

Anyway, these are obviously two completely different circles of music here, with basically no overlap and no real opportunity to relate one with the other... which is why I literally can't find anything that I really dig about it. I don't think any one of us will be able to see it from the other's point of view (particularly this old stick in the mud ;))

BTW I watched part of that review, and the editing of it... as much as I'm sure it was done to reflect the album... I just found it grating. The words never really sunk in or grabbed me or prompted me to listen to it further. Words like "interjecting" and "relentless" are terms I'm not super fond of when relating them to music. So make of that what you will :)

And yes! Discussion! I love it. Seriously, how fucking boring would this thread be if we all liked exactly the same shit?

Very.

Something that I think might appeal to people who like "trap" but may not be familiar with it... is this (a personal fave):
Solid Groove & Sinden - Red Hot
:)

daviyoung

Banned
Channel 4 to celebrate revs genre with six hour ad free broadcast

6 hour televised rave, sounds awesome. It will never be broadcast again, so if you have access to Channel 4, tune in :) Wish I could witness this...

DAMN! :D

House Party is a genuine one-off,” she added. “It will not be repeated and it will not be available on 4oD

DAMN! :(

I think John's my only fellow countryman here, hopefully he can watch it. It could go either way, I'm expecting lots of 'old skool anthems'.

okno

At least you have the opportunity to tune in! I'm really curious who is going to be playing, or if it'll just be Annie, and if they'll be making this a legit rave night, or if it'll just be a six hour house party... Either one is fine by me, but it'd be killer if they played some happy hardcore :D

joelseph

I personally think this is a weak ass set but that's just me. Give it a listen, the dude does have skills.. araabMUZIK live in the Boiler Room New York

A trap remix of a trap song, entire album goes free from Fools Gold on the 31st. Flosstradamus - Rollup (Baauer Remix)

And moving from trap to juke we have Brenmar & DJ Sliink - Bait on Body High.

Speaking of old Chicago boy Brenmar, look at what party he showed up special for.. GOODNESS THIS WAS A PARTY! I'm not jealous! LOL Boys tonight in Chi.

Anyway, these are obviously two completely different circles of music here, with basically no overlap and no real opportunity to relate one with the other... which is why I literally can't find anything that I really dig about it. I don't think any one of us will be able to see it from the other's point of view (particularly this old stick in the mud ;))

:)

Well that probably what I take issue with and meant by the closed mindedness coment.
I dont think "oh god what has shaneus posted" I just have a look for names I recognise or go on a link lucky dip and have a listen. Glossing over posters stuff because you dont think youll like it based of the last lot seems alittle off imo.

Got a tiny amount of posters as it is, no need to split it again!
Also I do find it quite hard to keep up with loads of genres at once so you will notice trends in what I post week by week.
This week im on a very trap inspired hype due that new EP.
Next week I will be on a Oneman/Swamp81 kick as ill be seeing one man on the friday so ill post more stuff like that.
Not long after its that prog house boat with GuyJ so ill be listening and posting that.

Maybe its just me that does that haha

That Baauer song got played like 20 times yesterday!
At least you have the opportunity to tune in! I'm really curious who is going to be playing, or if it'll just be Annie, and if they'll be making this a legit rave night, or if it'll just be a six hour house party... Either one is fine by me, but it'd be killer if they played some happy hardcore :D

Gabba or bust.
Cant view the link but when is it from? Im at Global Gathering from tonight till Sunday. My family may be able to record it via sky plus though.

okno

You're going to that Swamp81 party?! D: wah! I've always wanted to go to one of those nights, and this one with Joy O headlong as well? Bonkers!

Edit: it's at midnight on August 24th.

You're going to that Swamp81 party?! D: wah! I've always wanted to go to one of those nights, and this one with Joy O headlong as well? Bonkers!

Edit: it's at midnight on August 24th.

The one on Friday I wont be :( Bad timing. This one I am though and I cant imagine Loefah will be playing dubstep

Room 1
HESSLE AUDIO

Pearson Sound
Pangaea
Jackmaster
MM/KM Live
Randall Crate Digging Set
Joe
Hosted By Chunky

Room 2
FABRICLIVE 64 ONEMAN LAUNCH PARTY

Oneman
Artwork
Kode 9 Garage Set
Loefah
Jon Rust B2B Reecha
MC ASBO
Room 3
EXIT
dBridge 5 Hour Set
SP:MC DJ Se
Hosted by SP:MC

Edit: got to it via BBC. I wonder if you can actually go...
The show will feature six hour-long sets from DJs including hip-hop pioneer Grandmaster Flash and Radio 1's Annie Mac.

Channel 4 said the event would turn the TV "into the ultimate DJ booth" with viewers able to request songs via social media sites.

yikes maybe not or maybe im just being cynical

Shaneus

Well that probably what I take issue with and meant by the closed mindedness coment.
I dont think "oh god what has shaneus posted" I just have a look for names I recognise or go on a link lucky dip and have a listen. Glossing over posters stuff because you dont think youll like it based of the last lot seems alittle off imo.

Got a tiny amount of posters as it is, no need to split it again!
Also I do find it quite hard to keep up with loads of genres at once so you will notice trends in what I post week by week.
This week im on a very trap inspired hype due that new EP.
Next week I will be on a Oneman/Swamp81 kick as ill be seeing one man on the friday so ill post more stuff like that.
Not long after its that prog house boat with GuyJ so ill be listening and posting that.

Maybe its just me that does that haha

That Baauer song got played like 20 times yesterday!

Gabba or bust.
Cant view the link but when is it from? Im at Global Gathering from tonight till Sunday. My family may be able to record it via sky plus though.
I don't gloss over anyone's posts though :(

But anyway, Guy J is awesome! Still can't work out why a gig of his on a long weekend here in Melbourne got sold out while the Francois K one I went to seemed to rely more on blow-ins than anything else. People should know their roots!

Someone post a Skream- Summer Dreams youtube link please.

Pretty please!

It needs to be heard!

I say because its hot and summery but if thats not the case where you are then Im sorry :(

Kymbo

hey guys,

I'm a long time lurker and just wanted to post to say thanks a million for all the links over the past few months, you guys really do put in a lot of time to make this thread so good.

I'm really digging this at the moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUb20gxXKFw

Lovin' the nu-disco vibe in general to be honest...

Don't know if you'll be interested, but here's a mix I put together the other month

http://www.mixcloud.com/kym-holland/first-mix-of-2012/

always looking for feedback so please enjoy!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
hey guys,

I'm a long time lurker and just wanted to post to say thanks a million for all the links over the past few months, you guys really do put in a lot of time to make this thread so good.

Don't know if you'll be interested, but here's a mix I put together the other month

http://www.mixcloud.com/kym-holland/something-for-the-weekend-sir/

Paul Keeley is pretty awesome... check out the rest of the Anjunadeep roster if you haven't already.

BeeDog

Move over, TNGHT EP, new tracks are rocking the house:

My current favorite trap-ish tune:

Cosmic Revenge - Damn Girl

The part that starts at 3:05 makes it.

Other recent favorites + ratings (no trap tunes, I swear!):

Borealis - Nightfall (Liar's 'Adrenal Ego Lap' Mix) (9/10)
Emufucka - Ghost Of A Rose (DZA Remix) (Spotify link) (8/10)
Zenojim - Titan Sound (9+/10)
Zenojim - Liquid Hot Magma (8/10)
Shigeto - Huron River Drive (Evenings Remix) (10/10)

And to top it off, I just discovered an old (1999) and absolutely brutal track from a top producer, wicked stuff:

The Bug - Low Rider (Spotify link) (10/10)

Shaneus

Shaneus, I just saw that Disco party flyer you posted... I am, to say the least, incredibly jealous. Have you heard LNTG's new remix, Anna Lunoe & Flume - I Met You (Late Nite Tuff Guy Disco Dub)? Such a funky jammer.
Um, wow. That's considerably more... up-tempo(?) than a lot of his other stuff. That could be the best track of his I've heard so far... at least under his LNTG moniker. Just got *completely* lost in it. More excited for tonight now!
The "House" HMC remix is quite good, too!

okno

Um, wow. That's considerably more... up-tempo(?) than a lot of his other stuff. That could be the best track of his I've heard so far... at least under his LNTG moniker. More excited for tonight now!

Funny thing is it's the same tempo as basically every track he has ever released under LNTG, 110BPM. The energy of it, though, is stellar and works so well in a set. I've been screwing around mixing shit all day and I keep coming back to that song, haha.

Some other songs I've been bumping recently:
Bonar Bradberry - You Were Away (Space Ranger Hypno Dub) Takes a while to get going proper, but it's a trip.
Joey Negro - Why (Hot Toddy Club Mix) The page credits it to Kola Cube, but its credited to Joey everywhere else, so I don't know what's up with that. Disco edit of Carly Simon's "Why," really hot.
Joey Negro - Beyond the Dance (12" Extended Mix) More nu-disco goodness.
I:Cube - Y.O.U.R.O.C.K. Massive stormer, this one. Peeps be calling this nu-disco, but I don't know... Something about this track, the little "do-do-dododo-do" snippet that pops up every once in a while, that warped to hell cow bell, it's just straight fun.
Danton Eeprom - Black Is A Dark Side of White I can't find a link to this track ANYWHERE else but Beatport, but it's a fantastic song. Weird little disco-tech-house track, tons of fun on a proper system.
Dusky - Every Day Really great, warm deep house stomper. The vocal burrows into your head and won't leave. The B-side, Flo Jam, might even be better.
Tim Green - The Quiet Hour Not really sure why I like this tech-house track so much, but something about it just really gets me going.
Jonsson/Alter - For You This is how you make a proper deep house track! I can only find this clip of it, but the whole thing is worth it.
Bicep+Omar Odyssey - Don't Don't need to say much, the track speaks for itself.
Sei A - You Can Bring (Axel Boman Remix) Another fantastic Boman remix.

lush

Bicep+Omar Odyssey - Don't Don't need to say much, the track speaks for itself.
I'm loving the hell out of this release. The Steffie remix of "You" especially.

LOL Boys - Changes (Shlohmo Remix) // Putting the vocals to good use on this one, Shlohmo has been on fire this year.
5kinandbone5 - Do You Really Know Me? // Apparently they have a split coming out with Sinden. Love the vocals on this one, vibes for days.
Throwing Snow - Clamor EP (Preview) // The build up on the title track....
Faith Evans vs Nuyorican Soul - Love Like This (Lorca Refix) (clip)
Medla - Driving Me Wild // Housey goodness, loving this dude.
Bareskin - Flow // If you like Bondax, Disclosure, Karma Kid, etc....
Matthias Zimmermann - Bastian // forthcoming on Sound Pellegrino

Shaneus

Funny thing is it's the same tempo as basically every track he has ever released under LNTG, 110BPM. The energy of it, though, is stellar and works so well in a set. I've been screwing around mixing shit all day and I keep coming back to that song, haha.
Yeah, when talking about the tempo, it was more the vibe than the actual speed! Though it does sound a little faster, admittedly ;)

Can't wait to hear someone like Greg Wilson start championing it. Can't believe it's a free .wav download!

Haven't actually guaranteed entry tonight (notoriously exclusive club at times) but I'd only emailed them. Will call today just to make sure we'll get entry. Love how basically a few dollars on top of regular club entry here gets you in to see someone like him. And in one of the best venues in Melbourne (seriously, I'm in love with the joint).

Ill Saint

And to top it off, I just discovered an old (1999) and absolutely brutal track from a top producer, wicked stuff:

The Bug - Low Rider (Spotify link) (10/10)

KMart's new Acid Ragga label is gonna be one to watch closely. Man's never put a foot wrong, and continues to be one of the most daring and original producers out there.
http://soundcloud.com/ninja-tune/the-bug-cant-take-this-no-more
http://soundcloud.com/ninja-tune/the-bug-rise-up-feat-inga

One of the few who matches up to the title of 'groundbreaking' that this thread aspires to.

Shaneus

For a taste of what I'll be hearing tonight, a mix by DJ HMC/Late Nite Tuff Guy: Eurotrash

Edit: I'm not sure if this is the same version as in the above mix or not, but it's worth posting on it's own anyway:
Giorgio Moroder - E=MC² (Alexander Robotnick Remix)

hey guys,

http://www.mixcloud.com/kym-holland/first-mix-of-2012/

Nice track in that first link! If I wanted to find more stuff like it, do I look up Paul Keely or Domestic Technology?

And is there a way to download your mix through Mixcloud (or any other site?). I have an aversion to only streaming stuff. That, and on my drive to Melbourne tonight (it's an hour) something I can download to chuck on the USB stick is always welcome :)

Kymbo

And is there a way to download your mix through Mixcloud (or any other site?). I have an aversion to only streaming stuff. That, and on my drive to Melbourne tonight (it's an hour) something I can download to chuck on the USB stick is always welcome :)

I don't think there is a way of downloading from Mixcloud, the only reason I've started to use it over soundcloud is due to the fact that Soundcloud were removing my mixes!

I'm at work at the moment, but if you drop me a pm I should be able to email you over a copy!

Top Bottom