• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Kymbo

Haha, TBH I'd settle for basically anything 4/4 but all you guys have gone wacky on me ;) It's all good though. There's a lot of stuff I wouldn't have found by proxy if it weren't for the left-of-centre stuff that was in this thread!

definitely needing some more 4/4...hopefully these help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q6Afk9Os4w - NSFW - Hold me Close
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFzfNVvmtZk - Boys Noize - Ich R U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIbaiCBwfZo - Kurtz & Bomber - Such a rush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSxnKbv4V6k - 16 Bit Lolitas ft. Lucy Iris - na na nahana ( Wehbba remix )

also just wanted to pimp out a good friend of mine who produces here on the Isle of Man...doesn't get the recognition he deserves in my opinion, figured you guys may get a kick out of some of his work!

http://soundcloud.com/audio-wok

This thread continues to deliver in spades!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Haha, personally I go in and out of phases with genres. Not really listened to any house properly for a long while. Some kind of sasha mix would probably fix that though.

Supposedly Invol<3r is almost done... but knowing Sasha that could mean anything, this is the same person whose artist album took longer than Duke Nukem Forever to drop :p

daviyoung

Banned
Supposedly Invol<3r is almost done... but knowing Sasha that could mean anything, this is the same person whose artist album took longer than Duke Nukem Forever to drop :p

Ha, is it actually called Invol<3r?

I still haven't listened to Involv2er, although I relistened to the first one only a few days ago and it sounds even better than I remember it. Sasha is fantastic, but for some reason I can only get into his stuff in retrospect, he's too far ahead of me each time. Totally out the loop on prog house these days too.

Really looking forward to seeing the tracklist for Invol<3r.

Davidion

I still haven't listened to Involv2er, although I relistened to the first one only a few days ago and it sounds even better than I remember it. Sasha is fantastic, but for some reason I can only get into his stuff in retrospect, he's too far ahead of me each time. Totally out the loop on prog house these days too.

Involv3r
Involv4r
Involv5r
Involv6r
Involv7r
Involv8r
Involv9r
Involv10r

yaaaaaaaaaaah

u wot.
2 is better than 1 your doing it all wrong.

New benji b show has mala on for anyone that cares. A lot of Cuba stuff aswell as loads of bangers going off the track list (I'm like 8mins in)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say

Well, you can bet your first born that Hot Chip - Flutes (Sasha mix) will be on there. And also willing to bet we'll see some stuff from his Last Night On Earth label and also Kolsch - All That Matters.

I wasn't really too enthused with Invol2ver, then again I have insanely high expectations for a new Sasha album that I still haven't tempered yet. Has some great tracks but there are points where it's pretty plodding. I expect the 3rd one to be a lot better due to Sasha slightly moving away from prog-that-wants-to-be-tech-house and embracing melodic deep house.

Some stuff I've been listening to. I think the Answer Code Request song in particular will find fans in this thread:
Jimmy Edgar - Too Shy (Detroit-y electro)
Xosar - Rainy Day Juno Jam (Legowelt mix) (Deep tech house)
Chymera - Parelo (melodic techno)
Answer Code Request - Untitled (sort of a deep, melodic, raw take on 2-step)

Damn you bandcamp guys!

On the plus side I won Guestlist +1 to this :):):):) My chance to catch JB before the years out and its freeeeeeeee

Line-up /
James Blake (DJ) & Trim
Egyptian Hip Hop (live)
Space Dimension Controller (live)
Lone
Pariah
Vondelpark (live)
Airhead
The Chain

Miroku

So I just got back from thanksgiving with friends and had a fun talk with a friend of mines wife about music. She's from Japan (Okinawa) and doesn't like techno/electronic music at all. She's into hip-hop and mainstream but also likes classical music such as Tchaikovsky and Bach. Being the evangelist that I am I felt I could probably throw together a mix for her that'd get her to open her mind a bit. It might be a lost cause but I'll try anyways. Anyone got any recommendations of tracks that have good crossover for hip-hop fans?

Davidion

So I just got back from thanksgiving with friends and had a fun talk with a friend of mines wife about music. She's from Japan (Okinawa) and doesn't like techno/electronic music at all. She's into hip-hop and mainstream but also likes classical music such as Tchaikovsky and Bach. Being the evangelist that I am I felt I could probably throw together a mix for her that'd get her to open her mind a bit. It might be a lost cause but I'll try anyways. Anyone got any recommendations of tracks that have good crossover for hip-hop fans?

I'd appeal to her appreciation for percussion, attitude, and maybe structured ambiance. You'll also want something that's maybe a bit more accessible than most. Also, don't do pure instrumentals, and try to cover the spectrum of sounds to highlight diversity. Try to build a connection with what she likes.

Some old and recent favorites that I think could work.

DJ Krush - Kemuri
Sbtrkt - Something Goes Right
Mokhov - U Know
The Orb - A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From The Centre Of The Ultraworld
Orbital - Out There Somewhere pt 2.
Dax Riders - Freak Out
D`arcangelo - Stepping Out
LTJ Bukem - Atlantis
Karizma - Twist This

Shaneus

Fuuuuuck. I honestly can't think of any. Possibly (maybe) from the very early beginnings of rave with Bomb the Bass:
Beat Dis
Megablast (aka the theme from Xenon 2
Bug Powder Dust (my favourite track of his/theirs)

The Prodigy's Fat of the Land probably wouldn't be a bad recommendation, either. And some 90s trip-hop could be good, too:
Tricky - Black Steel

And I suppose there's a lot of newer stuff which fuses hip-hop and electronic music more closely that may be more suited to what you're looking for:
Dizzee Rascal/AVH - Bonkers
(that's the only one that springs to mind right now)

Oh, almost forgot. Afrika Bambaataa should rate a mention as well, depending on how far you were willing to go.

Edit:
I'd appeal to her appreciation for percussion, attitude, and maybe structured ambiance. You'll also want something that's maybe a bit more accessible than most. Also, don't do pure instrumentals, and try to cover the spectrum of sounds to highlight diversity. Try to build a connection with what she likes.

Some old and recent favorites that I think could work.

DJ Krush - Kemuri
Sbtrkt - Something Goes Right
Mokhov - U Know
The Orb - A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From The Centre Of The Ultraworld
Orbital - Out There Somewhere pt 2.
Dax Riders - Freak Out
D`arcangelo - Stepping Out
LTJ Bukem - Atlantis
Karizma - Twist This
Fuck, blows my post out of the water :/

Miroku

Good stuff guys. I'm definitely looking at some Boards of Canada & Aphex Twin as well. Orbital... I like it.

Also re-listening to a gigantic mix series that came out in 2008 by DJ Rob Hall. I don't think I've ever heard IDM, Techno, Hiphop mashed up as well as these, ever. Of course a lot of the music in these sets is hard to get/unreleased.

thabiz

Simon Baker - US Tour Mix

Jeremy P Caulfield - Shadowplay

Drop Out Orchestra - November Mix Sessions
01. Rayko - Take It To The Top
02. Drop Out Orchestra - The Blue Train (Dicky Trisco Mix)
03. Kenneth Bager Experience - Fragment Sixteen (A Copycat and Martin Brodin Dub Mix)
04. Patterns - Sunny Days (Drop Out Orchestra Remix)
05. Andre VII - Discoteca Clandestina (Zombie In Miami Remix)
06. Drop Out Orchestra feat Kinema - Your Girl
07. Romanthony - Bring U Up (PBR Streetgang Remix)
08. Giorgio Moroder vs MB Disco - From Here To Eternity (Aeroplane Remix)
09. Xinobi - Bronze (Mr Mitsuhirato Rework)
10. Imany - You Will Never Know (Miguel Campbell & Matt Hughes Remix)
11. Nathan Swiss - Two Worlds (Final Djs Remix)
12. TJH87 - Break Away Kicks!

Mark Henning - Down Under Promo
Joel Mull - Daylight (Inside)
Emil Seidel - Raw Days (Compost)
Kat Williams - That Track By Kat (Shadowprint)
Rino Cerrone - Gate (Saw)
Jackmate - Back That Bitch (Morris Audio)
Mark Henning - Big Ride (Cityfox)
Retrac - Shades (Ethyl Rmx) (Indigo Raw)
33.5 Queen - Searchin (Nu Groove)
Christian Burkhardt - Delight (Oslo)
George Fitzgerald - Lights Out (Aus Music)
Mr G - G Strings (Duty Free)

Shaneus

A new one Shaneus might be into; it's such a nice album.

Erdbeerschnitzel - Tender Leaf // "Let Go", "Through the Night"
Mental note: I should not jump into listening to an album teaser without knowing it's an album teaser. Listened to it as just a track and thought "What the fuck? This is all over the place!". Then I realised.

The individual tracks though... very, very nice. I'm enjoying the layering and detail in them, but I like how they feel like they can be appreciated however much you want to get into the song. Like, if you want to get lost in them you can, or they can just wash over you.

Thanks for the tip!

Edit: Just found this, too. I think I like what this guy's doing:
Hot Toddy - Won't Let Go (Erdbeerschnitzel Remix)

Shaneus

Shit, no I didn't! I remember seeing that post, but I think I saw it at work and promptly forgot to look at it at home :/

BTW I love Youtube recommendations. The amount of new, good music I've found from there is scary as shit. This is far less lush than Erdbeerschnitzel, but is a really nice "clubby" equivalent of those songs:
Nils Hoffmann - Balloons (Club Mix)

gdt

City Of Thieves - New Game + is much less to my liking. Rapping all over the place, sucks that I have to put up with it. The music is awesome, I wish there was a vocals-less version around.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
rDCk0.jpg

Top Bottom