• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

okno

I'm reaching out to y'all on help finding a song I heard the other night. It's a house/deep house track that samples "I Have A Dream" by MLK Jr., and that's all I got. I was browsing Beatport+Juno the other night, and I'm pretty positive I found it on Juno, but now I can't find it. I remember adding it to my cart, but it's not there D: Any help = much appreciated.

thabiz

I'm reaching out to y'all on help finding a song I heard the other night. It's a house/deep house track that samples "I Have A Dream" by MLK Jr., and that's all I got. I was browsing Beatport+Juno the other night, and I'm pretty positive I found it on Juno, but now I can't find it. I remember adding it to my cart, but it's not there D: Any help = much appreciated.

That sample has been used a million times. good luck.

okno

Tell me about it, I'm going nuts trying to retrace my steps. The only thing in my favor is I know it's a recent song. Outside of that, though, I'm fucked.

duckroll

Clarification about various misconceptions

1. The Secret Santa Mixtape thread was shut down because of legal concerns based on examining how other online communities have responded to similar concerns. It means that right now, we do not feel such an event is welcome on NeoGAF. If you want to do this in private in your own capacity off the site, no one can stop you.

2. If someone has already engaged a mod regarding clarification of a topic, it would be in bad faith to attempt to "try" other mods hoping for different answers. This can cause confusion especially if it is not made clear that multiple communication lines are open.

3. The attitude that if we lock a thread, that the activity can continue anyway on a more Community-centric thread is out of bounds. A hang out thread is not a safe house where like-minded members can use to continue things disallowed elsewhere without moderation. This sort of behavior can have serious consequences if left unchecked.

4. Activities which moderators engage in on their personal basis is not linked to NeoGAF. Even if it is sometimes shared here, it does not mean the site is affiliated with those activities. Do not get that idea, because it is not true. Otherwise NeoGAF would be affiliated with every game bishoptl works on. Use your head.

5. Do not reply to this message, do not discuss it in this thread, just take it as what it is. If you have any queries, feel free to PM me. If I do not respond, it probably means I feel the answer is covered here and you should read it again.

daviyoung

Banned
Tell me about it, I'm going nuts trying to retrace my steps. The only thing in my favor is I know it's a recent song. Outside of that, though, I'm fucked.

Stupid question, but have you searched for I Have A Dream on junodownload, and filtered by genres and date?

The Angel Diaz tune is killah! It should be this, even though it probably isn't.

okno

Stupid question, but have you searched for I Have A Dream on junodownload, and filtered by genres and date?

The Angel Diaz tune is killah! It should be this, even though it probably isn't.

Tried that, the problem is the song name has nothing to do with the sample. The reason it stood out to me is that the sample is pitched up and warped, so you can't really tell what it is at first and then there is a moment of clarity where it dawns on you, it's really rad. Just a solid house track, not tech-y and I want to say only about 120bpm.

This is what I get for browsing music after smoking.

edit: joel, that's not it, but that's nifty. Love the original cut of that to death.

Thanks DECK, checking that out now.

thabiz

Tried that, the problem is the song name has nothing to do with the sample. The reason it stood out to me is that the sample is pitched up and warped, so you can't really tell what it is at first and then there is a moment of clarity where it dawns on you, it's really rad. Just a solid house track, not tech-y and I want to say only about 120bpm.

This is what I get for browsing music after smoking.

edit: joel, that's not it, but that's nifty. Love the original cut of that to death.

Thanks DECK, checking that out now.

Check Cajmere. He's used that sample a couple of times and has recently released new remixes of classic trax.

Shaneus

Hey, maybe you can tell me about a song that has this sample in it. It goes "ting" or something.

;)

Todd Terje tonight, pretty fucking pumped. A taste of what you guys are missing by not being in Melbourne right now:
KC & the Sunshine Band - Boogie (Todd Terje edit)
Stevie Wonder - Superstition (Todd Terje edit)
Joakim - Nothing Gold (Todd Terje remix)
Todd Terje - Inspector Norse

Normally I try and temper my excitement for DJs, especially when they're better known as producers, but I can't help but be a little bit enthusiastic for tonight. His choices in songs to remix probably fuels that more than anything else.

HiResDes

Shit that is slaying me right now:

Dro Carey - WESTERNZONE EP

The Horrors - Higher (Remix Album)

Nocow - Gather Strength
wrG7E.jpg

Vladislav Delay - Kuopio
D7nIr.jpg

Moon Wiring Club - Today Bread, Tomorrow Secrets
q2s6f.jpg

Nyx

Read the D-Roll post.

Woops, didn't notice I was replying to a post not on the last page.

This one ?

Anyone heard or even got this?!
http://csa.fm/theprism/

The Prism, a small cube of smooth metal designed by Nicolas Jaar, contains twelve tracks of (mostly) unreleased material from Clown & Sunset Records artists, including new material from Jaar. A piece of art in itself, it begs for its content to be shared, the design incorporates two audio jacks; the connections to the object and of one listener to another. When unplugged, a beam of light passes through the Prism’s empty centre revealing a void.

Tracklist
01. Brandon Wolcott & Emil Abramyan - YouAndTheSpace Between
02. Pavla & Noura - Siblings Music
03. Nikita Quasim - GHOST
04. Nicolas Jaar - Why Didn't You Save Me
05. Pavla & Noura - Don’t Owe Me a Thing
06. Just Friends - Avalanche
07. Acid Pauli - Palomitastep
08. Nicolas Jaar & Will Epstein - Never Have I Ever
09. Vtgnike - Untitled Juke
10. Nicolas Jaar, Will Epstein, Dave Harrington, Ian Sims - Ishmael
11. Valentin Stip - Hiathaikm
12. Nicolas Jaar - Don't Break My Love

injurai

Banned
I just searched this thread and realized you guys missed one of the most killer albums this year.

edit: uhh I'll reveal it later. #landmines

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Speaking of songs that sample political speeches...

Vicetone feat. Obama - Hope

Shaneus

Time we get some kind of an end-of-year survey thing going.

Your favourite .... of 2012:

DJ/performer/producer:
Live performance (DJ sets included):
Newly discovered act/performer/producer:
Festival:
Song:
Album by a single artist:
Compilation/mix album:
Genre:

I'm thinking links to either reviews or YT clips or whatever would be nice, as well as explanations why (if you feel like it). Would just be good to get a feel of what everyone thought of this year in electronic music.

To clarify: The new artist thing isn't specifically for artists that made it big this year, it could be for artists that you discovered this year :) Re: festivals, make sure you mention where it is for those of us not in the know. And genre... that's handy if you bounce between certain styles from year to year, or if you think one in particular stood out from the other.

(If I've missed something obvious, let me know as well. Or if it's a shit idea ;) )

Speaking of songs that sample political speeches...

Vicetone feat. Obama - Hope
Oh, songs featuring political soundbytes? This one is the only one I can think of:
George Morel - Lets Take Drugs (Cedric Gervais Remix)

okno

Woops, didn't notice I was replying to a post not on the last page.

This one ?

Hah, no, I like that one but not quite. It was definitely a slower tempo, house/deep house track with the speech pitched up to make him sound like a woman. I'm taking a break from the hunt today. If I ever find it, I'll share it.

Top Bottom