• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Well, I just discovered the fact that Pioneer Djm-900 mixers and CDJ-2000s are 100% traktor compatible. You literally just plug three USBs in, sneeze, and hit play. So, so, so awesome. Knowing all I need to bring with me is a laptop and some a smattering of CDs to any gig is really nice.

Are you guys in the room? On my phone right now, but I might join shortly :D

A few of us yeah

Shaneus

The "Mainline (Dub)" creams the original vocal edition. The vocals, while fun and campy, are too much and drag the song down towards the end. The dub, however, can be looped for a long time before getting tired.

Love me some Tensnake. My favorite remix of his is definitely of Sally Shapiro's "I'll Be By Your Side". Such class.

Shaneus, which Trainmann remix is your favorite? I like the Trance remix, but Franceman absolutely takes the cake for me.
There's more than one Tensnake mix? I haven't ventured outside the Franceman one except for the original. It's rare for me to check out a song's other remixes unless I can hear a good original track in there (by way of vocals, certain synth lines etc.) and I couldn't really hear any of that in Franceman.

Checking that other song you linked, too... it's nice (via work speakers :/).

Got a three hour set this afternoon, getting more and more excited for it, just to drop this on everybody: Waze & Oddysey - Our World

Mmmmmmmhmmmmm.
Will check that too. Recording?

Phil K and Andy Page were alright back in the day.
Phil K is still pretty damn good. My best mate is actually REALLY close mates with Phil. Often has a smoke with him when running into him at Melbourne clubs.
Edit: Forgot, they're actually playing at a gig together for New Year's:
hhZq4.jpg

(It's Scotty D on the bottom row, but I'm also good mates with Nathan Fuller too)
(edit: I'll do my best to try and get a recording of it, too)

Well, I just discovered the fact that Pioneer Djm-900 mixers and CDJ-2000s are 100% traktor compatible. You literally just plug three USBs in, sneeze, and hit play. So, so, so awesome. Knowing all I need to bring with me is a laptop and some a smattering of CDs to any gig is really nice.
That's pretty damn nifty. It must be nice to head out and know that the joint will have 2000s. It's mostly 1000s still around here (except for the super big-name places). I still rock my 1000mk3s w/ Ecler mixer at home :)

One guy was in the room static till inspector norse came on and he danced then left.

What a hipster.
Ahahaha. Let me tell you a story...

okno

There's more than one Tensnake mix? I haven't ventured outside the Franceman one except for the original. It's rare for me to check out a song's other remixes unless I can hear a good original track in there (by way of vocals, certain synth lines etc.) and I couldn't really hear any of that in Franceman.

Checking that other song you linked, too... it's nice (via work speakers :/).

Will check that too. Recording?
Ya, he did two. Tranceman is similar, but, obviously, more Trance-ish.

No recording, I didn't have time to fully configure my in/outputs. My mix for the exchange will be worth the wait ;)

Sorry, didn't join in tonight. Just three hours of DJing kicked my cold back into high gear and knocked me out. Next time, proms.

Good times tonight. thanks everyone for the banging tunes. Serious booty shaking going on.

Did you work what that album was after Amit- Drilla Killa was played?

Ill have to check the history when I get home after work as it was a right mix up of genres.

Any house heads want to write up a few suggestions for Eps worth checking out?
Realized I have been focused so much on picking up dubstep Eps everything esle has been pushed ot the side.

I think Bobby Champ(?) was the last thing I checked out but for some reason didnt buy.

Stuff like Deep house, Swamp81/Dusky/Joy O kind of sounding and anything else really..

HiResDes

Realized I have been focused so much on picking up dubstep Eps everything esle has been pushed ot the side.

I think Bobby Champ(?) was the last thing I checked out but for some reason didnt buy.

Stuff like Deep house, Swamp81/Dusky/Joy O kind of sounding and anything else really..

Half the shit I post is House

TheXX - Angels (Kamandi's FVCKLXGHT remix)

Kåm∆nd¡ is straight killing shit these days.

Pretty sick, still like the Bodhi remix the best though

okno

I got you, boo. Probably didn't buy that Bobby Champ because it's garbage. Dude had a lot of promise, but that EP is just borrrrring.

gdt

I got you, boo. Probably didn't buy that Bobby Champ because it's garbage. Dude had a lot of promise, but that EP is just borrrrring.

Pshhhhh whaaaaaaaaaaaaa

His Drag Queen is just good, but Moonlight and Steve Martin are killer imo.

Awesome House-y eps

Bicep - Visions of Love
Bobby Champs - See above
Duke Dumont - For Club Play Only pt 1/2
Breach and Midland - 101/Somewhere
ColeCo EPs (both of them, not really house but they're awesome awesome awesome)
Ghosts on Tape - Nature's Law/No
Detroit Swindle - Creep (all I've heard from them so far)
Waze & Odyssey - I Want You You You

Still need to get to Citizen and Ejeca and Lando Kal and Locked Grove and Jodie Wisternoff and etc etc etc.

Most disappointing release of the year for me:

LOL Boys - Changes EP Way too poppy without the actual hooks they used to spit out so easily. I like the Shlomo remix of Changes though, plus track 3/4. The title track is just okay. LDR is still the king with them.

Pshhhhh whaaaaaaaaaaaaa

His Drag Queen is just good, but Moonlight and Steve Martin are killer imo.

Awesome House-y eps

Bicep - Visions of Love
Bobby Champs - See above
Duke Dumont - For Club Play Only pt 1/2
Breach and Midland - 101/Somewhere
ColeCo EPs (both of them, not really house but they're awesome awesome awesome)
Ghosts on Tape - Nature's Law/No
Detroit Swindle - Creep (all I've heard from them so far)
Waze & Odyssey - I Want You You You

Still need to get to Citizen and Ejeca and Lando Kal and Locked Grove and Jodie Wisternoff and etc etc etc.

Most disappointing release of the year for me:

LOL Boys - Changes EP Way too poppy without the actual hooks they used to spit out so easily. I like the Shlomo remix of Changes though, plus track 3/4. The title track is just okay. LDR is still the king with them.

Cheers!
Yeah i have Mirror mau thats an odd one to place for me.
Stuff like this aswell http://www.surus.co.uk/Lobster-Boy/
New york transit authority and so on.

bowery

Kastle Triple-J mixup

01. Xavier - For Her (Symbols)
02. Jeremih - F*ck You All The Time (Shlohmo Remix)
03. Andrea - Another
04. The XX - Fiction (Druid Cloak Remix) (Symbols)
05. Wih'lo - It's True
06. Ta-Ku - Make It ft. JMSN
07. We Sink - Inside ft. Andrea (Symbols)
08. Cashmere Cat - Kiss Kiss (Pelican Fly)
09. Aaron Lipsett & Fion - Kinda Slow
10. Maribou State - Puppet Strings (Southern Fried)
11. Figgy - For The One (Symbols)
12. Lion Gonzalez - American Dreams (Symbols)
13. Aaron Lipsett - Know This
14. Jason Burns - Lightning ft. Reva Devito (Symbols)
15. Kastle - Don't Look Back (Symbols)
16. Kastle - Stay Forever VIP (Symbols)
17. Cosmic Revenge - No One Like You (Kastle Remix) (Symbols)
18. Club Cheval - Vanilla Girl (Bromance)
20. We Sink - Blackspot (Symbols)
21. Jaw Jam - Don't Walk Away
22. Karma Kid - It's Always (Just Us)
23. Kastle - Technique
24. Frank Ocean - Pyramids (Kastle Remix)
25. LOL Boys - Changes (Star Slinger Remix) (Friends of Friends)
26. Baauer & Sleepyhead - Purebread
27. Dead Times - Future Selves (Bad Panda)
28. Doshy - Suspiria (Rwina Records)
29. Sweater Beats - MLLNDLLR (Just Us)
30. Kastle & iO - Only You (Symbols)
31. Cashmere Cat - Paws (Pelican Fly)

Top Bottom