• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

okno

HOLY SHIT. Velvet dropped Little Fluffy Clouds in a recent set. My man.

Probably my favorite electronic track of all time (the mkII edit, especially). Holds such a special place in my heart. It's cheesy and cliche, but time stops for me when I hear it.

How's everyone on their mixes? Still haven't done mine . . . Compiling still. Probably going to throw it together tonight, don't know when else I'll actually have time to do it.

Excited to dig into that Kastle mix on my commute in the AM, too, and the Bicep set on my way home! So much for me to catch up on in this thread, can't keep up @_@

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
When are the mixes due again? I've been quite busy this week but next week I finally have off from work... also DJing a GAFfer's house party on Saturday :) possibly Thurs or Fri I can bang something out, provided Persona 4 doesn't distract me.

okno

Originally I had said this coming Friday, but there's leeway. Ideally, it'd be cool to have them by New Years.

Working on mine right now. Can't decide if this bloody mary is helping me or hindering me, but I guess we'll see!

okno

Anyone know who SEPallan is on plug.dj? I've popped in a few times to see if anyone was there (no one was,) but this guy is always there, not doing anything...

Shaneus

It was me. My one claim to fame is Pachanga boys- Time

Alot of them are sounds you dont follow (atleast based of what you post)
Yeah, I think you put me onto it after I posted about this from when I heard in a Robag Whurme set*:
The MFA - The Difference It Makes (Superpitcher remix)
Thinking about it... I'm not sure what I like more. The Difference is a more clubbier track yet Time is obviously more of an anthemic slow simmering track. Guess it depends on what mood I'm in

*Everyone needs to see Robag do a set, regardless of your musical tastes. He didn't play a lot of what I'd normally like (at least, prior to hearing him play) but it genuinely challenged the fuck out of my music knowledge and sensibilities. Fucked with my head in the most satisfying way possible.

Originally I had said this coming Friday, but there's leeway. Ideally, it'd be cool to have them by New Years.

Working on mine right now. Can't decide if this bloody mary is helping me or hindering me, but I guess we'll see!
Man, it's so funny... DJing is one of the few things I know I can do better when NOT medicated (and when I say that, I mean legitimately. I have ADHD and take dex). I can obviously think clearer when on meds but when scatterbrained (ie. my normal self ;) ) I tend to think of more obscure yet even more suitable tracks. I'll have to make a point of NOT taking them during a period of a few hours sometime during the next few days (will be hard, esp. due to Christmas) and see what happens.

Got bored and decided to work my way through the thread from the start, man its embarrassing.

Yeah I probably shouldn't say the UK sucks or anything just the area I live, I imagine in London there are shit loads of clubs for it but thats over an hour and a half train journey away, not really an option on a night out to then have to sleep rough or stay concious till 7am for the train home!

Anyone have any suggestions for house music like Maya Jane and Black Coffee?
Im pretty new to it all and to think that Daft Punk falls under the same category
makes it even more confusing for me!

Mt. Eden - Sierra Leone

Watsonfacepalm.gif

Also I should have started listening to joel's recs a long long time ago.

Shaneus

Lifelike and Kris Menace - Discopolis is a tune and a half, although it's a bit older. Desyn used to cane the shit out of that one in 2006.

Try:
Sally Shapiro
Tensnake
Aeroplane
Prins Thomas
all that nu-disco type stuff.
Fuck me. Tensnake was recommended to me FOUR FUCKING YEARS AGO.

It's also interesting I'd make a comment like this back then:
A lot of my previous mixes have been electro/minimal-based, so I'm really looking forward to doing something that's a fuckload housier and laid back... especially considering it's Summer here in Australia :)
While I still appreciate good proggy/minimal tracks... it's cool to know my tastes changed permanently rather than just for Summer '08/'09.

A few names popping up that I haven't seen around for a while either. btkadams being one, and... Joelseph. Still banned :/

HiResDes

I feel like when Joel left Lush stopped posting as much, as well as Cosmic Bus. I had more in common with them in terms of electronic taste : (

injurai

Banned
I feel like when Joel left Lush stopped posting as much, as well as Cosmic Bus. I had more in common with them in terms of electronic taste : (

Well it's brought a new group of people together through plug so it can't be all bad. Also don't leave because I need your amazing bandcamp drops. That Tor album was incredible.

thabiz

Your not asking the right questions. I think you should check some of those recent sets ive posted. I think thats right up your alley.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
best set finale I've ever seen - longwalkshortdock at Shambhala 2012

Fuck me. Tensnake was recommended to me FOUR FUCKING YEARS AGO.

Heh, I posted those recs probably right when I started getting into nu-disco as well... I remember an Add2Basket nu-disco special mix at the end of '08 and hearing Sally Shapiro - I'll Be By Your Side (Tensnake mix) on a Luke Fair mix is what originally got me into it... then I was sold when seeing Prins Thomas and Lindstrom b2b at the first ever Electric Zoo.

What did Joel do to warrant a ban?

Davidion

Shaneus

Heh, I posted those recs probably right when I started getting into nu-disco as well... I remember an Add2Basket nu-disco special mix at the end of '08 and hearing Sally Shapiro - I'll Be By Your Side (Tensnake mix) on a Luke Fair mix is what originally got me into it... then I was sold when seeing Prins Thomas and Lindstrom b2b at the first ever Electric Zoo.
That was the one that okno posted only a page or two ago. Small world!

What did Joel do to warrant a ban?
No idear. I recall it was discussed briefly when it happened (and it was seemingly pretty minor, from memory) but I was more musing that his absence in this thread has left a notable hole :(

It was to do with the Mixes and inciting a riot haha
Stumbled upon this eariler.
tumblr_mdi071Uj391ritv9lo4_500.png

Its pretty good!
01 – Video Games (Joy Orbison Remix
02 – Video Games (Omid 16B Remix)
03 – Born To Die (Moodymann Remix)
04 – Born To Die (Gemini Remix)
05 – Blue Jeans (Gesaffelstein Remix)
06 – Blue Jeans (Penguin Prison Remix)
07 – National Anthem (Fred Falke Remix Edit)
08 – National Anthem (Tensnake Remix)

daviyoung

Banned

thabiz

James Silk - OFF Recordings Podcast Episode #83
1. Karmon – When Dark Becomes Light (Diynamic)
2. Matt Tolfrey Ft. Marshall Jefferson – The Truth (Leftroom)
3. Pete Oak - Want You So (Sleazy Deep)
4. Nicone - Why (Monte remix) (OFF Recordings)
5. H2 – Chase The Sun (Get Physical)
6. Rebel - Sun Runner (Mexa Records)
7. James Silk – Inside Of Me (Nite Grooves)
8. Rob Clarke - Sometimes (Bounce)
9. Doctor Dru - 2 Know U (Exploited)
10. James Silk & Andre Crom - Perfect Thing (OFF Recordings)
11. H2 - Demo Tape (Get Physical)
12. Tough Love – Night Is Calling (Lee M Kelsall remix) (Runnin’ Wild)
13. Forest – Casablanca (Mexa Records)

Boris Dlugosch - DJ Mix December
1. BABY OLIVER // Primetime
2. DBX // And there ain’t
3. SLEAZY MC QUEEN // Pretty Baby
4. AEROPLANE // In her Eyes (Tiger + Woods RMX)
5. BORIS DLUGOSCH // Cycle (Etienne de Crécy RMX)
6. DANIEL AVERY // Drone Logic
7. TIGA // Plush
8. BORIS DLUGOSCH // Knalldrang
9. DARLING FARAH // Body (Jimmy Edgar RMX)
10. SOUNDSTREAM //Makin Love
11. ROOTSTRAX // Harlequin (Kerri Chandler RMX)
12. MATTHIAS ZIMMERMANN // Paul
13. HOT NATURED feat. Ali Love // Benediction (Dub)
14. BORIS DLUGOSCH // Sweet Talk
15. KYODAI // Breaking
16. DUKE DUMONT // The Giver
17. COSMIC KIDS // Freight to my Soul

Flashfonic - Fuck The Fucking Fuckers
01 Flume - Sleepless (Shlohmo Remix)
02 Pangea - Middleman
03 Jacques Greene - Arrow
04 Roman Flügel - Girls With Status
05 Magic Mountain High - The Schnitzel Box EP A1
06 Darling Farah - Aaangel (Live Edit)
07 Maurizio - M06A (Edit)
08 Dntel - Jitters (Robags Emmens Worsch Mix)
09 Four Tet - Lion (Jamie xx Remix)
10 Dillon - Thirteen Thirtyfive (Floyd Lavine Afterdark Remix)
11 Herbert - It's Only (DJ Koze Remix)
12 808 Mate - Retina Dreams
13 Cottam - Relapse
14 Lauer - Boringtone
15 Kim Brown - Kindness
16 Jakob Korn - Broken
17 La Boum Fatale - AAA

thabiz

And the last one for today.

Sven Väth 120 Min Mix Boiler Room Berlin

01. Flying Lotus Feat. Thom Yorke - Electric Candyman.
02. Matthew Herbert - It's Only (DJ Koze Remix).
03. Shed - Day After.
04. Rachel Row - Follow The Step (KiNK Beat Mix).
05. Boris Werner - Set It Off (Makam Orchestra Drama Remix).
06. Daniel Stefanik - Rush.
07. Marcel Fengler - Frantic.
08. Stephen Brown - Fuego (Ben Sims Remix).
09. Psyk - Distane.
10. Urban Peace - Get Up (Clap Yo Hands) (Blake Baxter Get Lifted Mix).
11. Tuff City Kids - SFS.
12. Eats Everything - Vertigo.
13. I:Cube - Transpiration.
14. Margot - Liuff Settanta.
15. Gary Beck - Before The Crash.
16. Harvey McKay - First Strike From Mars.
17. Manic Brothers - Black Bay.
18. Donna Summer - I Feel Love (Sterac Instrumental Dub).
19. Gregor Tresher - About A Good Place.
20. Guy J - Fixation.
21. Terranova Feat. Thomas Hoffding - Question Mark (Adam Port Remix).
22. Delano Smith - Inspiration (Reconstructed By Makam).

Shaneus

Ooh. Boris Dlugosch.

1. BABY OLIVER // Primetime
2. DBX // And there ain’t
3. SLEAZY MC QUEEN // Pretty Baby
4. AEROPLANE // In her Eyes (Tiger + Woods RMX)
5. BORIS DLUGOSCH // Cycle (Etienne de Crécy RMX)
6. DANIEL AVERY // Drone Logic
7. TIGA // Plush
8. BORIS DLUGOSCH // Knalldrang
9. DARLING FARAH // Body (Jimmy Edgar RMX)
10. SOUNDSTREAM //Makin Love
11. ROOTSTRAX // Harlequin (Kerri Chandler RMX)
12. MATTHIAS ZIMMERMANN // Paul
13. HOT NATURED feat. Ali Love // Benediction (Dub)
14. BORIS DLUGOSCH // Sweet Talk
15. KYODAI // Breaking
16. DUKE DUMONT // The Giver
17. COSMIC KIDS // Freight to my Soul
ge9xj.gif

No download link sucks, but that T&W remix (just listening to it standalone on YT) is hot fire. Loving it. It's like a MORE funky Da Funk.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
This looks pretty fun, rinsed the hell out of that Joy Orbison one a while back. I really liked these too:

Blue Jeans (RAC Remix)
Blue Velvet (Lindstrøm Remix)

Here's the full version of that Kingdom remix of "Goodies". That VIP Edition release is pretty damn fun.

I recommend Tony Senghore's remix of Ladyton's Evil, Blue Jeans was a pretty weak track for them.

Tony worked on Worms: Director's Cut with me, top bloke and one of the reasons you had a cheat mode for translating the whole game into Swedish for no apparent reason ;)

Edit: Ooh! MTV Dance just dropped a BIG ONE :D

ge9xj.gif

PERFECT :D

Edit: Tune in, drop out, know music, feel love. Shaneus knows the score :)

thabiz

No download link sucks, but that T&W remix (just listening to it standalone on YT) is hot fire. Loving it. It's like a MORE funky Da Funk.

I try to never post with out a DL link, but that set was too much to pass up. Hot. Daniel Avery track is killing me.

Top Bottom