• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
People other than Kid Cudi listen to David Guetta?

It's ALL about the collaborations, why don't you tune into MTV Live HD right now (Sky channel 358) and listen for yourself with HD audio to judge for yourself?

It's sounding FUCKING good to me through 5.1 with a huge sub :D

Edit: Ludacris up next with him I think!

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Calvin Harris now, You Used To Hold Me. Blindin' track! :D

He's talking about the new technology he's been using to make it ...

Edit: and a trusty old xylophone haha
Edit: Prophet 5 & 8, Roland 808! NIIIIICE!
Edit: Video for Girls - I Created Disco is very cool.

This is awesome stuff! Well done MTV UK :D

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
The guitarist/electronic mastermind behind one of my favorite metal bands is behind a EDM project that I just discovered and it actually really sweet. Very dance-able and aggressive.

http://vestiges.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/vestigesmusic

534734815-1.jpg

Cool Story, Bro!
Crystal Ships (Featuring Riley Thayer)

That was fun. I always end up tabbing to my collection and digging out songs ive forgotten about!
Picked up like 5 eps during that session.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
MTV is back with a VENGEANCE tonight with the Live HD channel, bout time they got their shit together and went back to their roots!

I'm Sky+'ing the lot on a TB box, so will try and rip bits for YouTube over the weekend =)

Edit: Gangham Style live from Frankfurt was especially EPIC haha

Shaneus

Here, and a lot of the time via YouTube recommendations (at least, until they fucked them up and started recommending me shit I've already seen/am already familiar with... fuck, just link me to another fucking Daft Punk song next time you idiots).

Here, and a lot of the time via YouTube recommendations (at least, until they fucked them up and started recommending me shit I've already seen/am already familiar with... fuck, just link me to another fucking Daft Punk song next time you idiots).

Cant wait for that new album.

Shaneus

Ahaha, I wouldn't be that backhanded about that sort of thing. 99% of the time, if I come across a good song and I didn't hear it out, I found out about it on here.

But it's that other 1% that's sprung up from YouTube that always baffles me.

Like this. Found completely by chance via a YouTube rec from another song.

But what do you suppose looking at the recommendations on THAT brings me?
MGKYV.png

A song that may or may not be good.
I don't know what the fuck that is.
A FUCKING GRAND PRIX. Yeah, because I really want to watch that right after listening to some deep house tracks.
And some nobody's 1hr30 progressive house mix which is probably just Swedish House Mafia.

Kymbo

I think i'm getting about 90% of my music from here at the moment, some from Beatport/Juno, but I also find the "in the mix Berlin" group on Facebook another great source.

Shaneus I just wanted to thankyou for putting me onto that Mondo Rock track...it absolutely destroys everytime I drop it! One of the tunes of the year for me...Nice one!

Infact a massive thanks to everyone who contributes to this thread, you've all be absolutely amazing!!

here's some nu-disco for you :

http://soundcloud.com/weareoliver/black-van-inside-oliver-remix

thabiz

@ thabiz, That Dave Clarke mix has a nice tracklist but wow he's really going nuts with the effects.

Good set though. I remember everyone was doing that at DEMF one year. Got a bit annoying.

Closing out with Pontape was good, but i'm not feeling the new edit.

His Velvet remix is great too.

Hi guys, I'm looking for artists similar to Nicolas Jaar, Holy Other, Burial, Tycho, James Blake, etc. I love ambient stuff in between/during songs. Very long build-ups, ambient/melancholic sounds.

Let me know!

BeeDog

Hi guys, I'm looking for artists similar to Nicolas Jaar, Holy Other, Burial, Tycho, James Blake, etc. I love ambient stuff in between/during songs. Very long build-ups, ambient/melancholic sounds.

Let me know!

Try these:

Vessel - Order Of Noise
Darling Farah - Body
Memotone - I Sleep. At Waking.

Try these:

Vessel - Order Of Noise
Darling Farah - Body
Memotone - I Sleep. At Waking.

Really enjoying Vessel and Darling Farah. Memotone is very good as well, but not really what I'm looking for. But enjoyable none the less. It reminds me of The Caretaker.

Thanks for the recommendations, I've got something to listen to tonight! :)

Shaneus

Shaneus I just wanted to thankyou for putting me onto that Mondo Rock track...it absolutely destroys everytime I drop it! One of the tunes of the year for me...Nice one!
Not a problem! You're another Aussie, then?

This is more of a summertime tune, but I'm digging its funk/nu disco stylings:

Saint Lou Lou - Maybe You (Good Night Keaton Remix)
Excellent timing. It's summer in Australia :D

Nice little track! Really nice. Sounds like John Carpenter found some really good MDMA ;) Also, neither this nor the original would be out of place *at all* as a part of the Hotline Miami soundtrack, which is weird.

Edit: Well, shit. One half of Black Van is Kris Menace. There ya go.

And I just stumbled across this. Isn't too bad, but I like it's parts more than the sum (a great re-edit could definitely be knocked up out of it):
A-Trak feat. Oliver - Disco Nap

gdt

Duke Dumont - For Club Play Only Pt 1/2

The Giver is an absolute monster, Street Walker is awesome too. The other two originals are great.

Shed/The Traveller - 100 ep

Good stuff. Nice variation.

Spectr - Dance 4 Me/I Know

An excellent release from Scuba. Dance 4 Me is an instant classic. So bright and catchy.

Ghosts on Tape - Nature's Law/No Go

The title songs are awesome weird house creations, and the Lando Kal remix is probably the best song on here. The Jus-Ed remix is ok. The bassline at the start annoys the shit out of me.

Todd Terje - It's The Arps

"The Amazing Inspector Norse and two other selections"

Detroit Swindle - Creep

Great songs all around, with Brotherman being the clear standout. The remix of that is pretty interesting too. It doesn't sample anything from it (aside from unimportant crowd noise) but just imitates the vocal sample (same old black dude, different words, chopped up in a similar fashion). Just an interesting way to approach a remix.

Burial - Truant/Rough Sleeper

2 amazing songs.....or more like 13 amazing mini songs. He basically pulled a Abbey Road second half.

Some of the sections are so good but just fly on by. I can pretty much say that for all of them.With a little more meat on these small sections, he could had an LP. Its still great, but I wonder how longer versions of these snippets would sound.

andylsun

For those in the Boston area.

New EDM radio station - Evolution 101.7 launched yesterday - it replaced a previous station playing rock.

It's also available via iheartradio and I'm streaming it on my iPad right now.

At last, some decent dance music. Yes, it'll be mainstream, but it's an awful lot better than nothing. Hopefully my office radio can pick it up fine, and I'll be set for music.

Pete Tong is on the station, both with I assume his regular Essential Mix and also a Pete Tong Boston show. As I've been listening to him since the early 90's, this is great news. Still discover the unexpected (Nicolas Jaar) by listening to his show.

Shaneus

Ha that's right! Totally slipped my mind, it's always summertime somewhere.

If you like Black Van and Oliver I'm partial to this song myself (although it's the opposite case of Black Van remixing Oliver lol):

Oliver - Dirty Talk (Black Van Remix)
I don't mind it... but it errs a little too much on the commercial side for my liking. As in there's no real subtlety to it, if that makes any sense?

Not a horrible track by any means... it's quite good. But it's *just* not quite my jam.

Duke Dumont - For Club Play Only Pt 1/2

The Giver is an absolute monster, Street Walker is awesome too. The other two originals are great.
Duke Dumont, along with Maxxi Soundsystem are probably the two most consistently good producers of stuff I like this year. I looked up Dumont's back catalogue and it was pretty much all gold, just like MS after I heard his remix of Lose Yourself to Jenny.

okno

Miroku, it's about time you caught up on all that!!! That WK7 single is BRUTAL, and most anything Fachwerk release is guaranteed gold (that specific release you linked is a favorite of mine, you might be seeing a familiar track on my mix ;D).

Man, I love me some techno.

okno

People just don't realize they listen to techno.

;)

Wish I weren't on my phone, I have so much techno knowledge I'd love to drop right now...

Top Bottom