• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

daviyoung

Banned
Work it out for your fucking self, those who can't are the ignorant ones. Always questioning, lecturing, judging, labelling. NEVER answering, and unable to listen. Nor love. Those are the sad cunts with no lives that WANTED the world to end.

Music IS love, it's the beat of life. And the beat goes on, WELL into 2013 and beyond ...

what the fuck are you on about?

there was no music in that post lol

oh, PLUR btw

oh shit, top of page

Hiatus feat. Dariush and Hayedeh - Shenidan

thabiz

Work it out for your fucking self, those who can't are the ignorant ones. Always questioning, lecturing, judging, labelling. NEVER answering, and unable to listen. Nor love. Those are the sad cunts with no lives that WANTED the world to end.

Music IS love, it's the beat of life. And the beat goes on, WELL into 2013 and beyond ...

Dude. This is awesome.

R-3427751-1330007521.jpeg

NRSB-11 ‎– NRSB-11

Tracklist▼
685-471 2 4:53
6231-748 3 3:56
685-471 1 4:41

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OuvnLbB8JqM&feature=relmfu#/watch?v=OuvnLbB8JqM&feature=relmfu

My favorite release from 2012.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Dude. This is awesome.

Thanks =)

I've had so much shit from people the last few weeks from being punched, spat on by a jealous gf, to mugged, and both phone and wallet stolen, that I went zero-tolerance and turned to music to escape it all. Finally got things sorted again, but rather angry to say the least haha

what the fuck are you on about?

there was no music in that post lol

oh, PLUR btw

oh shit, top of page

Hiatus feat. Dariush and Hayedeh - Shenidan

There were TWO amazing tracks, yin and yang that complement each other. Remixes of Zombie Nation and Utah Saints.

You just had to go looking for them, rather than an attempt at self-validation because it's the top of the page or something. Call it a test of clarity, a test of an open-mind. Maybe the top is actually the bottom? Something to ponder.

Davidion

Lately I've been seeing the recent Shed material being mentioned, but haven't really seen anyone pull any of his older material. This one is probably my favorite from his debut on Delsin.

Everything I've heard from Shed, from productions to mixes, are absolute monsters. I kinda wonder why, as much as he does get praise, isn't more ubiquitous.

Thanks =)
You just had to go looking for them, rather than an attempt at self-validation because it's the top of the page or something. Call it a test of clarity, a test of an open-mind. Maybe the top is actually the bottom? Something to ponder.

Yeah but they were both terrible :| I honestly only went looking because I wanted to see how much of a train wreck that "dubstep" remix would be.

I mean if you going to go to all that effort to post a huge image, youd think linking it via youtube would be like ten times faster?!

Shaneus

The video is awesome too, it's based on a TV documentary on this actual scene in the North of France :)
So is that actual footage or is it just actors taking the piss? Because my brother was heavily involved (as was I) in the Australian (specifically Melbourne) "arm" of that thing (dB Drag Racing).

It's fun as hell, especially when you have an absolute shitheap of a car with a fairly poxy (but still decent) stereo with a VERY poxy install. Sitting out of your car with a Macguyvered wiring harness so you can control everything from outside, kneeling near the driver's side door with head-unit in hand (way before the norm of remotes coming with pretty much every head unit) is surprisingly exhilarating.

okno

u wot m8?

Image works for me! but its a numark mixtrack pro, Its no traktor s2 but it will be great to learn the ropes on!

The Mixtrack is an excellent piece of equipment, so congrats! Looking forward to seeing you progress ;D If you have ANY questions about it and Traktor, I can help you out. I'm probably going to buy myself an X1 tomorrow, got a $50 gift card to a DJ shop in town, whoop!

Merry Christmas, guys. I'm almost done with my mix, promise.

In the meantime, here's a free Locked Groove song that I just recently fell head over heels in love with, "Affinity". That vocal, mmmph so good!

Chaplain

Jaytech, "Jimbo's Xmas Beats 2012 is a compilation of chillout, downtempo and deep house tracks from this year. Merry Christmas and all the best for 2013!"

(Right Click/Save As)

Jaytech - Jimbo's Xmas Beats 2012

1. Rod V - Viviendo Los Tiempos
2. Aurint - Hip Girl
3. Jaytech feat Nathan Grainger - Innovation (Dub Version)
4. Domestic Technology - The Night
5. Rod V - Burbujas En El Aire
6. Eddie M - Strictly For The Love
7. Fon.Leman - Waterworld
8. Luiz B - Rainy Days (Lessov Remix)
9. Tycho - Hours
10. Mango, Richard J Aarden, Hiroyuki Imamura - Chasing Birds (Dub Mix)
11. Orion & J.Shore - White Birds

Miroku

I don't have good access to my turntables due to holiday plans so I'm trying to construct a mix in Ableton. It's hard work and not all that fun, but at least it will be perfectly beatmatched.

The Mixtrack is an excellent piece of equipment, so congrats! Looking forward to seeing you progress ;D If you have ANY questions about it and Traktor, I can help you out. I'm probably going to buy myself an X1 tomorrow, got a $50 gift card to a DJ shop in town, whoop!

Cheers! Just been messing about with it for awhile as ive only just found a dual red/white cable to hook it up.
Im finding it a 1000% times easier to browse tracks on than the traktor s2 atleast.

Got to learn how to use the mixer properly and how to beat match as using sync is not really the way forward!!

okno

Cheers! Just been messing about with it for awhile as ive only just found a dual red/white cable to hook it up.
Im finding it a 1000% times easier to browse tracks on than the traktor s2 atleast.

Got to learn how to use the mixer properly and how to beat match as using sync is not really the way forward!!

The most important thing to remember is to count in 8s, it's the formula for dance music. Phrases will almost always be in bars of 8 or 16, so if you get your counting down (gets really tricky when doing loops and trying to time the releases) you'll be good to go.

And, yeah, the S2 is kind of a weak piece of tech. I don't like it very much. I was originally saving up to get an S4, but I think I'll just save my cash a little longer to get a proper Pioneer or Allen&Heath mixer down the road.

The most important thing to remember is to count in 8s, it's the formula for dance music. Phrases will almost always be in bars of 8 or 16, so if you get your counting down (gets really tricky when doing loops and trying to time the releases) you'll be good to go.

And, yeah, the S2 is kind of a weak piece of tech. I don't like it very much. I was originally saving up to get an S4, but I think I'll just save my cash a little longer to get a proper Pioneer or Allen&Heath mixer down the road.

Ah someone told me it was in 4s and you can tap it out on the cue button to help.
Need to find some good tutorials and such

Shaneus

u wot m8?

Image works for me! but its a numark mixtrack pro, Its no traktor s2 but it will be great to learn the ropes on!
Lame attempt at being a smartarse :(

You'll definitely have a tonne of fun with the Mixtrack, though! I own the Vestax equivalent and don't use it as much as I want, but they're definitely an awesome substitute if you can't afford proper decks and a mixer (and who can? My config set me back around $3.5k AUD at least!).

Pro tip: If you can (and it might take you a while), try to disable things like the song key and BPM and learn to mix without them. Oh, and auto-beatmatch. They may be great to start with but if you wind up playing bedroom or bar parties, you may not have the luxury.

Pro tip #2: If you can't play with no assists (or without any of them), it doesn't fucking matter in the long run. As long as you have fun :)

Pro tip #3: It's probably more accurately in 4s, because I find it goes in four, then sixteen, then 32 beats. But listen to enough house and you soon get the hang of it!

gdt

In the meantime, here's a free Locked Groove song that I just recently fell head over heels in love with, "Affinity". That vocal, mmmph so good!

This song is awesome dude.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
^^ Seven Lions is good shit.

Question, when I'm finished with my mix I'm making for new years, what's a good way or the easiest way to upload it online so my friends can download it and such?

crispyben

So is that actual footage or is it just actors taking the piss? Because my brother was heavily involved (as was I) in the Australian (specifically Melbourne) "arm" of that thing (dB Drag Racing).
The video was shot especially for Thomas Bangalter's edit, by Romain Gavras I think.

Shaneus

Idn't it!? I got it when they first uploaded it, but I forgot about it and when it came up on my iPhone over the weekend my jaw just dropped!
It is. As far as posting tracks I'm actually into (as opposed to tracks I might like or try to get into or whatever) I'm pretty sure every one of your recommendations in this thread has been right on point, at least for 2012. Tops work, tiger.

whats trap music?
Awful shit, the work of the devil.
It really, really is. Unless you utterly despise your music having any REMOTE semblance of subtlety in it whatsoever. I rue the day I first heard it.

The video was shot especially for Thomas Bangalter's edit, by Romain Gavras I think.
It's a great video. It's even better if all of the "contestants" remind you of the characters and their cars from Ali G: Indahouse. They're all spitting images of them!

Shaneus

It's not ignorant. I listened to one or two tracks, couldn't hear any lines that weren't vying for my attention by playing as loud as possible at any point in the track. That's not to say there wasn't any subtlety there, but everything was just too in my face to be appreciated on a separate level.

Ergo, your favourite music sucks ;)

whats trap music?

Its originally Rap music music, stuff like 3 6 Mafia, Flaka Waka, Juciy J and stuff like that
Couple of examples:
Juicy J- Who Da Neighbours
Geeked Up Off Them Bars

Now (well fairly recently) people outside USA have started making stuff and its getting pretty popular. Its mostly Bass driven stuff so forming a half assed opinion of it via your laptop speakers when its meant to be heard in clubs is not the best way forward..

Ill just copy paste a post from another forum I go on.

It's not ignorant. I listened to one or two tracks, couldn't hear any lines that weren't vying for my attention by playing as loud as possible at any point in the track. That's not to say there wasn't any subtlety there, but everything was just too in my face to be appreciated on a separate level.

Ergo, your favourite music sucks ;)

You dismissed an entire genre based off "one of two songs" Thats like me saying "House is shit, I mean wow its just pop music for drunk people" because I had been linked "one or two" David Guetta tracks. Can you see why I get abit frustrated by it?

Shaneus

Hm. Must've been something else I was thinking of. It's not as bad as I wrote, but it's still not my thing. Those two tracks you posted certainly aren't as bad as I remember... but I'd still probably walk out of the room if I heard a DJ play them.

You dismissed an entire genre based off "one of two songs" Thats like me saying "House is shit, I mean wow its just pop music for drunk people" because I had been linked "one or two" David Guetta tracks. Can you see why I get abit frustrated by it?
When something's posted in here, I expect it to be the pinnacle of whatever genre it slots into. I figured it was safe to assume that if it was posted in here and I didn't like it at all, then I would probably outright despise the rest of that specific genre.

(the songs do all sound pretty much the same though, don't you think? Unless I'm missing something... I mean, brostep does a similar thing whereby everything has identical structure, effects, instruments and filters and I don't think I'm missing anything there with how cookie-cutter everything is. But maybe I am. If you can point out to me how the songs vary though and what I should look for, I certainly wouldn't dismiss your point of view)

Hm. Must've been something else I was thinking of. It's not as bad as I wrote, but it's still not my thing. Those two tracks you posted certainly aren't as bad as I remember... but I'd still probably walk out of the room if I heard a DJ play them.

When something's posted in here, I expect it to be the pinnacle of whatever genre it slots into. I figured it was safe to assume that if it was posted in here and I didn't like it at all, then I would probably outright despise the rest of that specific genre.

(the songs do all sound pretty much the same though, don't you think? Unless I'm missing something... I mean, brostep does a similar thing whereby everything has identical structure, effects, instruments and filters and I don't think I'm missing anything there with how cookie-cutter everything is. But maybe I am. If you can point out to me how the songs vary though and what I should look for, I certainly wouldn't dismiss your point of view)

Which ones? I cant remember what Ive posted!
I wouldnt say everything posted in this thread is the pinnacle of the genre it came from.
The nu-disco shit that's being posted here doesn't hold a candle to trap at all

*runs far, far away*
:)

Haha See I cant really geet into alot of the disco stuff posted but I dont call it rubbish either. I am guilty of glazing over the posts relating to it but Im sure there is some good stuff ive missed because ive done that..

Shaneus

Which ones? I cant remember what Ive posted!
I wouldnt say everything posted in this thread is the pinnacle of the genre it came from.
Oh, it wouldn't specifically be stuff you've posted, just stuff that's been posted of that genre. I'm sure you're not the only one who has!

thabiz

1163739815-1.jpg

It's snowing and the girls are singing

FREE!

Run is amazing.

A mix he did, released the same day.

Sun Glitters - X-Mas Whithout Snow Mixtape
01 Manual - Midnight Is Where The Day Begins
02 Jatoma - Little Houseboat
03 Isan - Channel Ten
04 Palomino Falls - Bruise Coloured Blue
05 The Remote Viewer - Spend more time with me
06 Fieldhead - This Train Is a Rainbow
07 Amp - Tomorrow
08 Arovane - Tides
09 Populous - Ent - The Dexo
10 Vitaminsforyou - Losing Everything
11 Jessica Bailiff & Odd Nosdam - Untitled Three (Edit)
12 Hood - The Lost You
13 Cha Cha Cohen - Spook On The High Lawn (Hood Remix)
14 godspeed you black emperor - the dead flag blues

thabiz

Top Bottom