• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

okno

joelseph said:
Bumping this for Okno, soo good. I live in Chicago too!

Hell yeah, Chicago! Thanks for the mix, it's pretty rad.

http://soundcloud.com/r_co/tracks?page=1

I've been browsing this guy's page for a little bit now. 44 pages of live sets by dozens of DJs, I'm sure everyone here will be able to find at least a handful of things that interest them. I'm only on page 12 and I've found 16 sets of absolute "must have" status (Troy Pierce, Gaiser, Richie Hawtin, Heartthrob Efdemin, Steffi, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Akufen, Todd Terje, fuuuuuuck yes), and plenty more that are on my "will download" list. Currently listening to the Troy Pierce mix and it is totally ace (although far from his best, but better than a lot of the sets I've heard from him in the last year or so).

I feel like I'm the only one here who's really into the techno/minimal/tech-house scene :(; ya'll keep talking about electro-house. Diversify, maaaaaan!

edit: just noticed the Troy Pierce set is from 2007, which would explain why it isn't complete psychedelic bullshit. I also groaned at the fact that he used Ambivalent's "R U Okay?", which is a song I've never been fond of, but, for whatever reason, was huge when it came out in '06, but I'll let it slide this one last time (the fact that people are STILL using that effing song in their sets these days really irks me).

edit edit: also, holy shit new Vitalic album, FINALLY!

Nyx

okno said:
I feel like I'm the only one here who's really into the techno/minimal/tech-house scene :(; ya'll keep talking about electro-house. Diversify, maaaaaan!

No you're not, minimal/techhouse 4 life yo. :D

okno

Nyx said:
No you're not, minimal/techhouse 4 life yo. :D

It's good knowing I'm not alone!

I really shouldn't have gone on a hunt for livesets... Anytime I listen to dance music, it wakes me up, and I get this tiny feeling in the back of my head as if I were rolling again. It's nearly 3AM here, and I'm going nuts to this Tiefschwarz set they did for Ibiza Voice. I'm wide awake now and really wouldn't be surprised if I were to be up when the sun came up, which I don't really mind as it's comforting in a nostalgic way.

subrock

okno said:
I've been listening to all sorts of techno, trance, ambient, goa, drum and bass, sugar house, electro, pop for about 15 years. its not that I dont like anything else, its just where I'm at right now. Plus, DJing ruins your taste a little bit because you start listening to things with other peoples ears.

Been listening to alot of Breakcore and Speedcore lately. This is an insane tune.

I:GOR - Dark Passenger

From his "Art of Distortion" LP. Really wikkid tracks guys. Holy fuck. Not for the faint of heart.

2hygho6.gif

Kind of on the other side of the spectrum, here's a REALLY nice old school Jungle tune.

Doc Scott - Tokyo Dawn

-

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
okno said:
Hell yeah, Chicago! Thanks for the mix, it's pretty rad.

http://soundcloud.com/r_co/tracks?page=1

I've been browsing this guy's page for a little bit now. 44 pages of live sets by dozens of DJs, I'm sure everyone here will be able to find at least a handful of things that interest them. I'm only on page 12 and I've found 16 sets of absolute "must have" status (Troy Pierce, Gaiser, Richie Hawtin, Heartthrob Efdemin, Steffi, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Akufen, Todd Terje, fuuuuuuck yes), and plenty more that are on my "will download" list. Currently listening to the Troy Pierce mix and it is totally ace (although far from his best, but better than a lot of the sets I've heard from him in the last year or so).

edit: just noticed the Troy Pierce set is from 2007, which would explain why it isn't complete psychedelic bullshit. I also groaned at the fact that he used Ambivalent's "R U Okay?", which is a song I've never been fond of, but, for whatever reason, was huge when it came out in '06, but I'll let it slide this one last time (the fact that people are STILL using that effing song in their sets these days really irks me).

edit edit: also, holy shit new Vitalic album, FINALLY!

No, you're not alone. I listen to quite a bit of tech-house and minimal, at least lately - not so much an electro fan anymore. Really into Luciano, Seth Troxler, Mirko Loko (btw did you hear the Mirko Loko album, "Seventynine"?), Guillaume and the Coutu Dumots, Losoul, Jaime Jones, Dyed Soundorom, Ricardo, etc.

Nu-disco and deep house are my favorite genres atm and what I tend to spin. BTW thanks for the recommendation on the Bruno Pronsato track the other day, I could totally see someone like Ricardo open with that. I'll have to check out that page you linked to, when I'm off work.

BTW saw the Save the Cannibals podcast link above, GET SETH TROXLER #22 if you haven't.

btkadams

WTF ITS STILL NOT ON BEATPORT!

what is the deal? mustard pimp said "itll probably be up tonight" on tuesday... i dont want to be tempted to buy it off itunes and then REBUY it on beatport. fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk i need to find a dl somewhere so i can hold myself off until the wav files are up on beatport lol.

joelseph

My favorite tech DJ's would be Lance Desardi as Land Shark and Brett Johnson.

The problem I have with tech hosue though is that you can listen to a whole set and hear nothing but tech. If you listen to a good electro set you could hear electro, fidget, nu-disco, dub, club and everything in-between.

I guess it come down to the DJ. If the DJ is good, and passionate about their craft, they can do anything. Take the Fake Blood essential mix for example, he puts the entire Touche EP, one of the best tech albums from last year, into his second hour.

----

Whole Sick - Mixin' it Up for Discobelle

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rpllj3

GEENEUS FT KATY B – AS I (SKEPTA REMIX)

UK Funky is everywhere right now – this tidy remix that bubbles along to get things started.

RITON & PRIMARY 1 – WHO’S THERE? (L-VIS 1990 REMIX)

L-Vis is turning out some massive remixes at the moment, this is no exception,

MK COLE – AO FT SEROCEE (MJ DUB)

An old garage hero of mine is back and killing it with his new releases

THE COUNT AND SINDEN – MEGA

Dancefloor killer !! Pure summertime bass !!

DIPLO & LBL – HEY (FOAMO REMIX)

Another big summer release. Foamo boosts the drop with some big bassline business.

STAR EYES – DISSAPEAR (DEXPLICIT REMIX – WHOLE SICK’S SHORT DROP EDIT)

The Debut release from star eyes of trouble and bass fame see’s a big remix from Dexplicit. Haunting vocals and a big drop!

GRAND PUBA – GET IT (12TH PLANET REMIX)

12th Planet show the UK that LA gets dubstep with a bass- heavy jump up remix

I CAN DREAM (RUSKO REMIX)

This remix came from nowhere and it’s one my favourite skunk anansie tunes, and is seeing a heavy rotation

I’M NOT YOUR TOY (JACK BEATS REMIX)

Can jack beats do any wrong right now?

TOMB CREW – INNA DAT (RICO TUBBS REMIX)

The UK answer to Trouble & Bass see their debut release get a remix from BASS = WIN head honcho Rico Tubbs. That’s a philosophy I totally endorse!

DTL – DEVILS EYES (LUCA’S B-LIVE CLUB MIX)

Heavy Bass Champion DTL picks up the pace and throws out another club banger

HEARTBEAT (CHASE AND STATUS REMIX)

Brock Out!!

SHORTERZ 99 – ENIGMA GROOVE (RIPGROOVE DUBSTEP MIX)

Bigger Than Barry take on a garage classic. If you don’t know about the parties they throw then you better get to know. Barry’s time is coming!

THE BOOGALOO CREW – DAYS GO BY

I can’t get enough of Boogaloo Crew productions right now – always on point!

SKREAM – IF YOU KNOW

Dropping into a 2-step vibe, my standout tune from Skreamizm 5

TIGERFLIGHT – JULIO

Production Outfit Tigerflight see memebers of Tomb Crew and The Boogaloo Crew taking on 2-Step / Minimal Dub. Make a note – big things a gwaan!

NUMAN – SECRETS

Hot new talent from Manchester, only 17 and absolutely killing it right now!

JOKER – DO IT

Joker has the golden touch right now. Synth heaven!

Nyx

djtiesto said:

His Fabric release was awesome, but since then he hasn't evolved at all.

In a recent set he still used that El Baille Vocal, which makes me yawn tbh, as does his track selection.

My fav DJs atm are Adultnapper, Onur Ozer, Mathias Kaden and all-time fav Steve Lawler ofcourse. Also liking a lot of Dutch DJs, Boris Werner, Lauhaus, Kabale und Liebe, and Isis to name a few.

btkadams

subrock said:
Wolfgang has some fucking vicious peak hour songs. Super thick bass and rad leads.
it seems like it would take him ages to make some of his songs. so many different sounds constantly. i really respect that.

So I'm going to the Saturday of this next month:
wipkrl.jpg

I know Justice and Soulwax, but what other artists on the Saturday list should I check out first?

btkadams

octopusman said:
So I'm going to the Saturday of this next month:
http://i34.tinypic.com/wipkrl.jpg[IMG]
I know Justice and Soulwax, but what other artists on the Saturday list should I check out first?[/QUOTE]steve aoki puts a lot of energy into his sets so his show would be really entertaining for sure. i havent seen any of the others on that list live but for me i would probably go to basement jaxx, crookers, major lazer, and classix out of curiosity.

okno

btkadams said:
steve aoki puts a lot of energy into his sets so his show would be really entertaining for sure. i havent seen any of the others on that list live but for me i would probably go to basement jaxx, crookers, major lazer, and classix out of curiosity.

Go to these guys and Shinichi Osawa, maybe Modeselektor. It's too bad you won't be able to make it to the Friday night, because Bloody Beetroots, Danger, Staccato are excellent, and Deadmau5 and 2manyDJs can be good.

roosters93 said:
What do you guys think of the new Chromeo track?
I can't stop listening to it. I love Chromeo, their second album moreso then the first, but this track has a different energy about it than their other stuff. I just found out about it last night, downloaded it around 1am and listened to it on repeat while I drew this week's comic for my site, turns out I've listened to it about 15 times since then.

Do you know if it's just a single, or do they have a new album in the works that it's part of? It's their first new song since 2007, and their only other upcoming release is that DJ Remix thing they did the "I Can't Tell You Why" remix for.

dabears is back, bitches!

Right-click -> Save As on the pic for I <3 House Music 2.

Deadmau5 - FML
Wolfgang Gartner - Wolfgang's 5th Symphony
Uppermost - Equivocal
Sydney Blu - Give It Up For Me
MSTRKRFT feat. John Legend - Heartbreaker (Wolfgang Gartner Remix)
Alaric - Cruelty (Wolfgang Gartner Mix)
Deadmau5 - Sometimes Things Get, Whatever
Deadmau5 - To Play Us Out?
Glenn Morrison - Circles
Deadmau5 - Strobe
Wippenberg - Chakalaka (Venaccio Remix)
Spencer & Hill - Housebeat
Jean Elan - Killer
Deadmau5 - Moar Ghosts N' Stuff
Deadmau5 - Ghosts N' Stuff feat. Rob Swire
Uppermost - Sound Box
BSOD - BSOD
Spencer & Hill - Trespasser
John Dahlback - Hustle Up (Albin Myers Remix)
Deadmau5 - I Remember
Black Eyed Peas - I Got A Feeling (David Guetta Remix)
Sweet Mercy - Reach Out feat. Rowetta
The Bloody Beetroots - Warp 1.9 (Feat. Steve Aoki)
Sidney Samson - Riverside
Player & Remady - Game Over
Proxy - Raven (Crookers Remix)
Wolfgang Gartner - Flashback
Player & Remady - Full Range
Joachim Garraud & CB Lyon feat. Margeau - The Answer (Dabruck & Klein Remix)
Kissy Sell Out, Herve - Rikkalicious - 12" Version
John Dahlback - Pyramid
Morgan Page - The Longest Road (Deadmau5 Remix)
Mason - Exceeder
Deadmau5 - Slip
Deadmau5 - Not Exactly
Spencer & Hill - Right On Time
Tocadisco - Streetgirls (Dabruck & Klein Remix)
Lady Sovereign - I Got U Dancing (Tommy Trash Remix)
Chris Lake vs Deadmau5 - Only Reward Is Cheese (dabears mix)
Deadmau5 - The Reward is More Cheese
Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger (Deadmau5 Remix)
Electrixx - Tetris
N.A.S.A. - Whatchadoin' (Villains Remix)
C-BooL & Taito feat. Rommie S - Better Place
Neelix - Disco Decay (Felguk Mix)
Swen Weber - The Pusher (Chris Reece Remix)
AC Slater - BanGer
FUKKK OFFF - More Than Friends
BenDJ feat. Sushy - Me & Myself (Wolfgang Gartner Remix)
Kidda - Under The Sun (Herve Remix)
Bad Boy Bill - Falling Anthem feat. Alyssa Palmer (Herve's We Are A Beautiful Disaster Remix)
Platnum - Trippin (Thomas Gold Remix)
David Guetta feat. Akon - Sexy Bitch
Kid Cudi - Day N' Nite (Crookers Remix)
Jean Elan - Where's Your Head At
Pryda - Rakfunk
Supermode - Tell Me Why (Axwell & Steve Angello Remix)
Felguk - Loopi Groopi feat. Michelle Adamson
Hard Rock Sofa - Immersing
The Ian Carey Project - Baby Get Shaky (Ian Carey Vocal Mix)
Global Deejays - The Sound of San Francisco
Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire (Richard Sharkey & Peter Sar Remix)
Guru Josh Project - Infinity (Klaas Remix)
Deadmau5 - Faxing Berlin (Chris Lake Edit)
Medina - You & I (Deadmau5 Remix)

Four hours long. Press play and relax.

Oh, and because I think only three of his mixes have been posted, go here to pick up the remaining 16 mixes he has on his site.

Thanks to whomever posted I <3 House Music 1, because now I'm on a serious dabears binge.

btkadams

Skiptastic said:
Thanks to whomever posted I <3 House Music 1, because now I'm on a serious dabears binge.
i believe it was slizz.

and thanks for the mix, im gonna dl now.

gee I WONDER IF DABEARS LIKES DEADMAU5 ;) haha

IrishNinja

permutated said:
Kind of on the other side of the spectrum, here's a REALLY nice old school Jungle tune.

Doc Scott - Tokyo Dawn

nice..

any recommendations for someone who used to really dig Orbital, Underworld, Chicane etc? im not even sure what that falls under, "experimental?" anyway, i enjoyed some Hybrid and a few others ive heard since, just wondering what's out there that's like that. espeically chicane.

WordAssassin said:
Do you know if it's just a single, or do they have a new album in the works that it's part of? It's their first new song since 2007, and their only other upcoming release is that DJ Remix thing they did the "I Can't Tell You Why" remix for.

"Chromeo has a new single called “Night by Night” now out on Mountain Dew’s label, Green Label Sound. With an album in the works, it’s the electro-funk duo’s first single since 2007. "

http://musicisart.ws/chromeo-night-by-night/

"I know this may be a little to left for some of ya but Green Label Sound released some new Chromeo from their new album, which is their first offering since their 2007 album Fancy Footwork."

http://content.onsmash.com/archives/24686

Sounds like a new album. :)
Don't know where they're getting their info from though.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
IrishNinja said:
nice..

any recommendations for someone who used to really dig Orbital, Underworld, Chicane etc? im not even sure what that falls under, "experimental?" anyway, i enjoyed some Hybrid and a few others ive heard since, just wondering what's out there that's like that. espeically chicane.

Try the first 3 In Search Of Sunrise albums from Tiesto, if you like Chicane... Also, check out Sasha-Airdrawndagger and Sasha-Involver, and stuff by BT.

Chaplain

08-08-2009%20Live%20Broadcast%20Intuition%20Summer%20Festival.jpg

Cosmic Gate:

01. Arnej - Tomorrow Never Comes
02. Dash Berlin feat. Cerf,Mitiska & Jaren - Man On The Run (Nic Chagall Remix)
03. Fabio XB & Ronnie Play Feat. Gabriel Cage - Inside Of You (Cosmic Gate Remix)
04. Michael Jackson - Stranger In Moscow (Jerome Isma-Ae Bootleg)
05. Cosmic Gate feat. Kyler England - Flatline (Kyau & Albert Remix)
06. Dakota - Sin City (Cosmic Gate Remix)
07. Nic Chagall feat. Jonathan Mendelsohn - This Moment (Prog Mix)
08. Armin van Buuren feat. Cathy Burton vs Cosmic Gate - F.A.V. Rain (Armin van Buuren Mashup
09. John O'Callaghan feat. Sarah Howells - Find Yourself (Cosmic Gate Remix)
10. Ayla - Ayla (ID Remix)
11. Paul van Dyk feat. Johnny Mc Daid - Home (Cosmic Gate Remix)

http://rapidshare.com/files/265195983/Cosmic_Gate_-_Intuition_Summer_Festival_2009.08.08.mp3

Leon Bolier:

01. Museartic - Your Eyes Open
02. Cliff Coenraad - Distorted Reality
03. Leon Bolier - Medellin
04. ID
05. Peter Martijn Wijnia - Sacrifices (Vast Vision Remix)
06. Leon Bolier ft Floria Ambra - This
07. Plastic Boy - Silver Bath
08. ID
09. ID
10. W&W - Mainstage
11. Leon Bolier - Lunar Diamond
12. Jorn van Deynhoven - Fastlane (Robert Nickson Remix)
13. System F vs Armin van Buuren - Exhale

http://sharingmatrix.com/file/23365...ion_Summer_Festival_2009_2009.08.08.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/265167598/Intuition_Summer_Festival_-_Leon_Bolier_on_AH-FM.mp3

Menno de Jong:

01. Menno De Jong And Leon Boiler - Last Light Tonight (Intro Edit)
02. Ron Van Den Beuken - Timeless 2009 (Ron Van Den Beuken & Maarten De Jong Edit)
03. Rank 1 - Symfo (Marcus Schossow & Robert Burian Remix)
04. ID
05. Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody (Ali Wilson Remix)
06. John O'Callaghan Feat Lo-Fi Sugar - Never Fade Away (Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix)
07. Greg Downey - Grudge Match (Greg Downey vs John O'Callaghan Remix)
08. Bobina - Invisible Touch (Ferry Corsten Touch)
09. Breakfast - Air Guitar
10. Solarstone - Seven Cities Armin van Buuren Remix)
11. Paul Oakenfold feat. Carla Werner - Southern Sun (Tiesto Remix)

http://rapidshare.com/files/265203975/Intuition_Summer_Festival_-_Menno_de_Jong_on_AH-FM.mp3
http://sharingmatrix.com/file/23401...Intuition_Summer_Festival_2009_2009.08.08.rar
http://hotfile.com/dl/9904559/88d11...tion_Summer_Festival_2009_2009.08.08.rar.html

Gareth Emery:

01. Jochen Miller - Brace Yourself
02. Gareth Emery - Metropolis
03. Stadium Four vs. Lethal Industry (Gareth Emery Mashup) - Lange Vs. Andy Moor Vs. Tiesto
04. You Walk Away - TyDi feat. Audrey Gallagher
05. Ben Gold presentes Be:Gold - Starstruck (Jochen Miller remix)
06. Marcel Woods - Inside Me
07. Tritonal - Suede (Stoneface & Terminal remix) [Garuda]
08. Gareth Emery - Exposure
09. Above Beyond pres. Oceanlab - On A Good Day (Above & Beyond Club Mix)
10. Delirium vs Gareth Emery - That is Silence (Myon & Shane 54 Collision)
11. ID
12. Super8 & Tab - Elektra (Original Mix)
13. Gareth Emery - More Than Anything (Stoneface & Terminal Remix)

Alex M.O.R.P.H. & Woody van Eyden:

01. Marcus Schossow pres. Progresia - Galandia
02. ID - ID
03. Sean Tyas & Simon Patterson - For The Most Part (Marcus Schossow Remix) w/ Simon Patterson - Thump
04. Armin van Buuren & DJ Shah feat. Chris Jones - Going Wrong (Alex MORPH B2b Woody Van Eyden Remix)
05. Loverush UK feat. Carla Werner - Give Me Your Love (Alex M.O.R.P.H. Remix)

http://hotfile.com/dl/9904575/216a305/08_Alex_M.O.R.P.H._and_Woody_van_Eyden_.html
http://sharingmatrix.com/file/234021/08_Alex_M.O.R.P.H._and_Woody_van_Eyden_

Topher Jones:

http://rapidshare.com/files/265121243/Intuition_Summer_Festival_-_Topher_Jones_on_AH-FM.mp3
http://sharingmatrix.com/file/233526/01_Topher_Jones_-_Intuition_Summer_Festival_2009_2009.08.08.rar

Inpetto:

http://sharingmatrix.com/file/233527/02_Inpetto_-_Intuition_Summer_Festival_2009_2009.08.08.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/265141979/Intuition_Summer_Festival_-_Inpetto_on_AH-FM.mp3

Wippenberg:

http://sharingmatrix.com/file/233528/03_Wippenberg_-_Intuition_Summer_Festival_2009_2009.08.08.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/265148946/Intuition_Summer_Festival_-_Wippenberg_on_AH-FM.mp3

joelseph

djtiesto said:
VERY true.. but you gotta love a guy who opened his essential mix with the Zelda theme.

Very true as well. A while back I got a co-worker into EDM but never introduced him to Deadmouse, because I am not a fan. Fast forward to Lollapalooza where he caught Deadmouse's set where he plays the Zelda theme among others and now that is all my friend wants to listen to!

Gav

Havent been in this thread for a little while, and look at all these mixes to download!

Love it. Thanks for posting them :D

joelseph

btkadams said:
maybe its because mustard pimp already released it for free. hosting it and linking it from their facebook page and all.

The best remixes that don't make the album are typically given out as promos leading up to the release. =)

crispyben

okno said:
Anyone checked out the Bruno Pronsato track "The Make Up The Break Up"? I think it's pretty good, not the end-all-be-all summer track that a lot of people have made it out to be, and I think I'm the only person who doesn't find the use of the Nico sample absolutely amazing (I feel like it drags the song down when the vocal comes in, and way overstays its welcome).
I always meant to check it out, hopefully I won't forget before tonight!

btkadams

joelseph said:
The best remixes that don't make the album are typically given out as promos leading up to the release. =)
oh cool! didn't know that.

ps everybody.....

2zsd4rs.jpg

CHERRY EP now available on iTunes AND Beatport.

now nothing can go wrong today.

joelseph

Foamo Australia 2009 Mixtape

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mg3nwbm4o0j

tracklist:

crookers - put your hands on me (solo remix)
fake blood - fix your accent
brodinski & noob - peanuts club
mat cant & scattermish - hornbo (sticky k remix)
DJ Gregory & Gregor Salto - Con alegria (solo more cowbell remix)
Bassnectar - Yo (speakerjunk remix)
diplo & laidback luke - hey! (Foamo remix)
major lazer - pon di floor (foamo edit)
Dub Pistols - Im in love (foamo remix)
Jack Beats - What (Foamo remix)
Buraka Som Sistema ft Kano - Skank (Foamo remix)
Primay 1 & Riton - Whos there (L-Vis 1990 remix)
future prophecies - dreadlock (foamo remix)
Lazy Rich - Funkjet (Jay Robinson & Supabeatz remix)
Jack Beats - UFO
Buraka Som Sistema - Lisboa Luanda
Hadouken - MAD (detboi remix)
Udachi & Jubilee - Smokerings edit
Count & Sinden - Mega
Cagedbaby - Forced (Foamo remix)
Blake - What I need (Knuckles remix)
Foamo - Wardance (Disco of Doom remix)
Digital Manges - Manges (Sharkslayer remix)
Man Like Me - London Town (Foamo remix)
Calvin Harris - Ready for the Weekend (Fake Blood remix)
La Roux - Bulletproof (Foamo remix)
Tune brothers - Girlfriend (Blaze Trip remix)
Miike Snow - Black & blue (Jaymo & Andy George remix)
Mr Hudson - White Lies (Rusko remix)

subrock

welp, time to start saving I guess.
xone_dx.jpg

Xone:dx - Professional MIDI USB Controller intergrated with 4-deck Serato ITC software

Designed by A&H in collaboration with Serato, the Xone:DX isa MIDI controller and USB soudncard with total integration for ITCH software. Boasting a huge number of MIDI control messages, inputs for external decks and two dual layer deck simulatorers, the Xone:DX is the most powerful ITCH controller on the planet. The brand new version of Serato ITCH, supploed with the DX, provides unqiue 4-deck control, and features a comprehensive set of digital DJ FX, as well as looping, time stretching and a massive number of DJ tools.

* Designed in conjunction with Serato
* Includes full version of ITCH software
* 4 channel layout with FX
* Two dual layer deck simulators
* Bi-colour LED layer assignment
* 20-channel USB 2.0 soundcard
* 24Bit/96kHz audio system
* 168 individual MIDI messages available
* ITCH includes FX, looping and time-stretching
* RIAA/phono inputs for external decks
* Mix outputs on RCA and balanced XLR
* Separate booth output
* Fully compatible with other leading DJ software
* Built-in hardware MIDI interface
* Professional modular construction
* High quality faders
* 50mm deep to feit laptop bag

btkadams

so what exactly do i do with that. im looking to get into djing as a hobby but have kinda limited money.

would i just use that with serato and that would be all id need to dj?

does it do the thing that like repeats a beat (i think my brother called the technique copycat) but keeps the song still going so its not like you added a beat. fuck i suck at explaining.

subrock

btkadams said:
so what exactly do i do with that. im looking to get into djing as a hobby but have kinda limited money.

would i just use that with serato and that would be all id need to dj?

does it do the thing that like repeats a beat (i think my brother called the technique copycat) but keeps the song still going so its not like you added a beat. fuck i suck at explaining.
if you want to get into it grab a VCI-300. thats what I use right now and its pimp. about $900 all you need after that are a laptop and headphones.
The DX is the next leap though, and certainly wont be cheap. estimates are that is will be about $2000 on release, but it should have some really high end pro amps and sound card in there, built in FX, and 4 deck support. I'm frothing about it because its bigger better and badder than my VCI, but has a lot of things are not at all necessary for a beginner.

itch right now has a lot of the bells and whistles of all the other major players right now. loop-roll (thats what you were desribing) is in there now, and an FX unit is coming within the week that should add a whole lot more versatility. the only thing it doesnt do is the locked down beatgrid that traktor does. you do have to pay attention while you are playing in other words.

Top Bottom