• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

subrock

Kitsuné said:
Sounds good

I really like the Strip Steve remix of Gloves's P.Y.X. right now. I was surprised to hear it was a Strip Steve remix, his previous work is so different. Hope he stays in this direction :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_0AuMSTkeA
hot, grabbing the EP right now.

edit:two thumbs up, a nice tight little EP. the ben browning mix is good too, clean guitar riffs and whatnot. it would rock the house dropped over something percussive with hip hop vocals.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Kitsuné said:
I don't really get the love for Steve Aoki.

Me neither, and I am a self-admitted weeaboo. The song posted sounds SOOO 2006, I have to admit I've gotten really bored with the electro sound over the past year and a half or so.

subrock

djtiesto said:
Me neither, and I am a self-admitted weeaboo. The song posted sounds SOOO 2006, I have to admit I've gotten really bored with the electro sound over the past year and a half or so.
I forget what I like anymore, I need to get out and play again :-/

btkadams

djtiesto said:
well.. judging by your username, i wouldn't think you would like steve aoki's style of music at all in the first place. am i wrong in assuming this? sorry if i sound rude, my apologies.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Just heard the Hervé remix of that Aoki track, sounds a lot more interesting than the original to say the least.

jdforge

Banned
Not been keeping up with this thread, but has anyone mentioned Joris Voorn's Balance 014 Mix? If not, you need to get your hands on it. Probably the best mix CD since Sasha/Digweed's first Northern Exposure.

Lumine

Woah nice thread, can't believe I missed it.
Let me contribute to it with a little liquid drum and bass. :)
A couple of excellent tunes I've recently come across which are surprisingly on youtube:

Parhelia - Birds Are Coming Home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecL0b3dcNnY&fmt=18
BCee - Glitter Balls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5l2wgToeM0&fmt=18
Sigurt - Colourful
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t54EhHLod8&fmt=18
Joe Syntax - Unified
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAZEZcqa63Y&fmt=18

Check it out. Love these tunes.

btkadams

subrock said:
so I just found out that a digital single for this is free from some gauthier site that takes your info. you can do that (fake info obvs) or DL here
http://www.mediafire.com/?n0mmmvmfdii

radio edit
extended mix
david e sugar mix.

I'm liking it
for some reason the rar package wont unwrap for me. gets 99% and has an error.

with the release of cherry just around the corner, mustard pimp decided to let us at their dark remix of cherry.

Cherry (Mustard Pimp Dark Remix) - Mustard Pimp [RIGHT CLICK SAVE-AS]

joelseph

I would kill to be in Bristol on the 2nd to see L-Vis 1990 and Fake Blood. L-Vis is on fire! London is just rocking so hard this year. A1's new EP is set to drop today yeah? The B side is the bomb, trust me!

subrock

joelseph said:
I would kill to be in Bristol on the 2nd to see L-Vis 1990 and Fake Blood. L-Vis is on fire! London is just rocking so hard this year. A1's new EP is set to drop today yeah? The B side is the bomb, trust me!
fake blood is really really good live. he's not one of those DJ/producer types that plays full 6 minute cuts of his songs, he actually works it. alan braxe on the other hand...

subrock

btkadams said:
pretty sure this is the full version. its actually really dope! i just don't like those half time feel dance songs as much.

Steve Aoki – I’m In The House feat. [[[Zuper Blahq]]] (The Count aka Herve’s Burning Down Your House Remix) (253 vbr kbps)
[RIGHT CLICK SAVE-AS]

listening to the Gigi Barocco Remix of this right now. pretty hot!

EDIT: yeah the gigi barocco is best out of all versions id say. look it up if you can!
agreed. this song feels like its missing something though. I'm really annoyed by this trend of making a huge build and then letting it drop only to give the dancefloor a walking bubbling bassline. gimme some fucking kicks and high hats. whip that shit up! I'm looking at you crookers.

btkadams

6919_161838962651_32829182651_3602472_6601126_n.jpg

i wish it was on beatport! it's only on itunes right now.. i asked mustard pimp and they said itll "probably" be up tonight.

i neeeeeed cherry and kiwi.
subrock said:
agreed. this song feels like its missing something though. I'm really annoyed by this trend of making a huge build and then letting it drop only to give the dancefloor a walking bubbling bassline. gimme some fucking kicks and high hats. whip that shit up! I'm looking at you crookers.
i really enjoyed their day n night remix, but so much of their stuff sounds so simple and bland. its like all they do is go up and down a scale with their basslines and nothing else is even happening. i really hope they blow me away with their upcoming album.

subrock

btkadams said:
i really enjoyed their day n night remix, but so much of their stuff sounds so simple and bland. its like all they do is go up and down a scale with their basslines and nothing else is even happening. i really hope they blow me away with their upcoming album.
one of my friends was hanging out with them and congorock when they were in vancouver last and she heard some early cuts and said they were gnarly. I take her word for things usually but she might have had her star goggles on.

okno

I'm in absolute LOVE with this song right: Retro/Grade - "Moda". Such a fun track.

Anyone checked out the Bruno Pronsato track "The Make Up The Break Up"? I think it's pretty good, not the end-all-be-all summer track that a lot of people have made it out to be, and I think I'm the only person who doesn't find the use of the Nico sample absolutely amazing (I feel like it drags the song down when the vocal comes in, and way overstays its welcome).

I've been pretty lazy with keeping up with electronica these days. Just saw Skream last Friday at Smart Bar here in Chicago which was a welcome breath of fresh air. I've never been a big dubstep fan, but that night changed my whole perspective on the genre.

I've kind of also fallen in love with Boy 8-Bit. His 'Baltic Pine EP' is just solid fun. Nothing truly innovative, but I feel like he does enough interesting and diverse things to make him stand out from all the others (I'm looking at you Deadmau5, you need to get over yourself).
"Baltic Pine"
"Wolfen"

Kind of looking forward to Friday night. Pendulum is doing a DJ set at Smart Bar, and while I think Pendulum has become quite horrible as of late (loved 'Hold Your Colour'), I hear they are pretty spectacular DJs. Also looking forward to Santiago coming up, as well as Simian Mobile Disco and a bunch of other fun stuff. This is going to be a good fall for dancing.

joelseph

subrock said:
one of my friends was hanging out with them and congorock when they were in vancouver last and she heard some early cuts and said they were gnarly. I take her word for things usually but she might have had her star goggles on.

They started releasing promos of the remixes on their upcoming through their new site and facebook, worth a look for the video alone. =)

I listening to Erol Alkan on 6 mix and there are some really really good tracks, def worth a listen if you have time to kill.

Erol Alkan @ 6 Mix on BBC 6 (19.09.2009)
Monday, September 21, 2009
1. Drums Of Death - Got Yer Thing
2. Gossip - Heavy Cross (Siriusmo Remix)
3. Mike Snow - Black And Blue (Tiga Dub Exclusive!)
4. Acid Girls - Lightworks (Havard Bass Remix)

5. Kindness - Swinging Party
6. Saint Etienne - Only Love Can Break Your Heart '09
7. Spacearc - Love Machine
8. The Phenomenal Handclap Band - You'll Disappear
9. Metronomy - Not Made For Love (Astronomer Remix)
10. Fool's Gold - Surprise Hotel (Micachu Remix)

11. Roy Orbison - Hyph Mngo
12. Dorian Concept - Trilingual Dance Experience
13. Joy Division - No Love Lost (Demo)
14. Patrick Cowley - Memory Fails Me
15. Pisces - Mary
16. Memory Tapes - Bicycle
17. Duchess Says - Black Flag (Emperor Machine)
18. Floating Points - Vacuum
19. Gucci Vamp - Unknown (Elvis 1990 Remix)
20. Erol Alkan - Wavves (Gonzales Reversion)

joelseph

Bumping this for Okno, soo good. I live in Chicago too!

joelseph said:
Haven't seen this many places and it is a masterpiece.

Boy b-bit July 2009 Mixtape

http://newsflash.bigshotmag.com/audio/Boy 8-Bit July 2009 Mixtape.mp3

Boy 8-Bit / “The Suspense Is Killing Me” (Phillipe De Boyar Remix)
Jack Beats / “What” (Boy 8-Bit Remix)
Midfield General / “Disco Sirens” (Boy 8-Bit Remix)
Who’s This / “Who’s There”
Tiga / “What You Need” (Zombie Nation Long Mix)
Tiga / “What You Need” (Zombie Nation Remix)
Paul Woolford / “Prune Juice”
Sebastian Leger / “Seaweed”
Fake Blood / “Mars” (Style of Eye Remix)
Datensi / “Doris and Levon” (Colbeat remix)
Stephan Bodzin / “Valentine”
Serge Santiago / “Atto D Amore”
Boy 8-Bit / “Baltic Pine”
Oliver Huntemann / “37 Grad”
Boy 8-Bit / “Chapel of Ghouls”

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
btkadams said:
well.. judging by your username, i wouldn't think you would like steve aoki's style of music at all in the first place. am i wrong in assuming this? sorry if i sound rude, my apologies.

Heh, well I listen to most forms of EDM, ironically I don't listen to too much of the modern day epic trance anymore due to quality issues. I've been on a big deep house and nu-disco kick lately... favorite genre of music will probably always be progressive house though.

needlejuice said:
Not been keeping up with this thread, but has anyone mentioned Joris Voorn's Balance 014 Mix? If not, you need to get your hands on it. Probably the best mix CD since Sasha/Digweed's first Northern Exposure.

I think I mentioned it in one of the monthly "What are you listening to?" threads... it really is a fantastic CD, some of the best work I've ever seen with Ableton. The website of it is really cool, you can see what elements of the 100+ individual songs are used at what time:
http://www.jorisvoorn.com/

Did you get your username from the Ferry Corsten song btw?

joelseph

And one more for today, everyone needs to listen to the second hour of this mix. Sub touched on it a few posts back, this man is a god. The tracks he plays in the second hour..

http://www.trashmenagerie.com/mixes...o_1_Essential_Mix20_14.03.2009_Fake_Blood.mp3

Hour One: The Club
Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip “Look For The Woman” (Fake Blood Mix)
Hatiras “The New Jam”
VV Brown “Leave!” (Style Of Eye Mix)
Knuckles “Loading”
Underworld “Ring Road” (Fake Blood Mix)
Touche “Vampires”
– w/ Frankie Bones & Lennie Dee “Just As Long As I Got You” Acapella
F#M “Riptide” Riptide “F#M”
EDX “Casa Grande” (Robbie Rivera Mix)
Hot Chip “Touch Too Much” (Fake Blood Mix)
Mustard Pimp “Oh La La Satan” (Jay Robinson Mix)
– w/ Josh Wink “Superfreak” Acapella
Hatiras & Jelo “Donkey Punch”
Boy 8-Bit “Baltic Pine”
Walter Murphy “A 5th Of Beethoven” (Soulwax Edit)
– w/ A+ “Enjoy Yourself” Acapella
Malente & Daniel Dexter “Hyperactive”
– w/ Trick Daddy “Shut Up” Acapella
The Kills “Cheap And Cheerful” (Fake Blood Mix)
DJ Zinc “Blunt Edge”
– w/ Plez “I Can’t Stop” Acapella
Lazy Jay “Float My Boat”
Ink & Needle “Tattoo 3″
– w/ Scenario Rock “Skitzo Dancer” Acapella
Little Boots “Stuck On Repeat” (Fake Blood Mix)
Joachim Garraud “Are U Ready” (Roman Salzger Mix)
Vektorkat “End Run”
– w/ Daft Punk “Revolution 909″ (Roger Sanchez Mix) Acapella
Fake Blood “Mars” (Original / R!M!E Mix / Hatchmatik Mixes)
Electric Light Orchestra “Mr. Blue Sky” (Fake Edit)
– w/ Green Velvet “La La Land” Acapella

Hour Two: The Afterparty
Chateau Flight “Baroque”
Mike Monday “I Am Plankton”
Touche “Spectres”

Butch “Amelie”
Caro, Dapyk & Padberg “Island” feat. Caro (Noze Mix)
Simian Mobile Disco “Run Theme”
Lucio Aquilina “Magic M”
Monochrome “Pearl”
Whomadewho “The Plot” (Noze Mix)
Can “A Spectacle”
In Flagranti “Business Acumen” (Holy Ghost! cover version)
Stephan Bodzin and Marc Romboy “Puck”
– w/ X-Press 2 “Smoke Machine” Acapella
Touche “Zombies”
Giorgio “From Here To Eternity”
Pylon “Cool”
– w/ LCD Soundsystem “Yeah” Acapella
Knuckles “Targus”
Lorenz Rhode “Antidote”
Battle Sequencer “Fish Fingers Part II”
Radiohead “Reckoner” (Diplo Mix)
Seventeen Evergreen “Music Is The Wine” (Joakim Dub)
Bent “To Be Loved”
Fad Gadget “Coitus Interruptus”
David Rubato “Circuit”

Chaplain

21-09-2009%20Markus%20Schulz%20Solo%20from%20Amnesia.jpg

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G4GK3KW7
http://letitbit.net/download/4145.4...Party_in_Amnesia__Ibiza__2009_09_21_.zip.html
http://depositfiles.com/en/files/5fy9zuxxz

Markus Schulz Solo @ Amnesia on AH.FM 2009.09.21
520.09 MB

[00:00] 01. Solo - Live @ Amnesia - Intro (00:08)
[00:08] 02. ID - ID (07:56)
[08:04] 03. ID - ID (06:38)
[14:42] 04. Dakota - Progression (08:09)
[22:50] 05. ID - ID (06:49)
[29:40] 06. ID - ID (06:55)
[36:35] 07. ID - ID (04:14)
[40:48] 08. ID - ID (05:29)
[46:17] 09. Niels van Gogh vs. Eniac - Pulverturm (M.I.K.E.'s Clubland Remix) (03:50)
[50:07] 10. ID - ID (04:27)
[54:34] 11. Ronski Speed - Overfloat (05:26)
[60:00] 12. Passenger 10 - Mirage (EDX's Sunshine Remix) (05:45)
[65:45] 13. Dakota - Lima (06:18)
[72:03] 14. Cirez D vs. Pet Shop Boys - Off On The West End Girls (Markus Schulz Mashup) (05:00)
[77:03] 15. Dakota - Johnny The Fox (Barnes & Heatcliff Remix) (06:11)
[83:14] 16. Dakota - Chinook (06:53)
[90:06] 17. Roland Klinkenberg - Monday Groove (05:53)
[95:59] 18. Blake Jarrell - Boracay (05:47)
[101:47] 19. Lentos - Forget About Us (Barnes & Heatcliff Remix) (06:23)
[108:10] 20. Dirty South & Sebastian Ingrosso vs. Julie Thompson - Falling Meich (Markus Schulz Mashup) (06:08)
[114:18] 21. Skytech - Cardboard Box (Markus Schulz Edit) (02:55)
[117:13] 22. Jochen Miller - Brace Yourself (06:19)
[123:33] 23. Robert Burian feat. Zdenka Predna - You (Club Mix) (06:49)
[130:22] 24. ID - ID (04:36)
[134:57] 25. Element One - International Language (05:56)
[140:53] 26. Anton Firtich feat. Victoria Mazze - Meant To Be Free (Cramp Remix) (06:07)
[147:00] 27. Timmy & Tommy - Full Tiltin (Joint Operations Centre Remix) (04:48)
[151:48] 28. Axel Karakasis - Pull The Trigger (Joint Operations Centre Remix) (05:20)
[157:08] 29. Faithless - Insomnia (Remix) (04:48)
[161:55] 30. Jester Music feat. Lavoie - Dressed In White (Markus Schulz Coldharbour Remix) (05:16)
[167:11] 31. Sander van Doorn - Bastillon (05:50)
[173:01] 32. OceanLab vs. Gareth Emery - On A Metropolis Day (Mÿon & Shane 54 Mashup) (06:26)
[179:27] 33. Andy Moor & Ashley Wallbridge feat. Meighan Nealon - Faces (Ben Gold Remix) (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction) (04:48)
[184:15] 34. Ummet Ozcan vs. W&W - Synergy (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction) (05:12)
[189:27] 35. Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone (Remix) (05:54)
[195:21] 36. Armin van Buuren vs. Cosmic Gate - F.A.V. Rain (Armin van Buuren Mashup) (05:54)
[201:16] 37. Richard Durand - Into Something (Fall Down Mix) (04:45)
[206:01] 38. DJ Observer & Daniel Heatcliff feat. Madeline Rison - Vision (Lentos Dub) (06:48)
[212:48] 39. Fabio XB & Ronnie Play feat. Gabriel Cage - Inside Of You (Cosmic Gate Remix) (05:12)
[218:00] 40. Sied van Riel - M.M.E. (05:12)
[223:12] 41. Rex Mundi vs. Ronski Speed - The Perspective Space (Markus Schulz Mashup) (07:19)
[230:30] 42. Dr. Willis & Junkyard Dog vs. Dean Newton & Huggy - Here Comes 747 (Markus Schulz Mashup) (04:58)
[235:28] 43. Purple Haze - Bliksem (03:08)
[238:36] 44. Rex Mundi feat. Susana - Nothing At All (Elevation Remix) (06:07)
[244:43] 45. Markus Schulz feat. Andy Moor - Daydream (Ronski Speed Remix) (Markus Schulz Edit) (03:17)
[248:00] 46. Markus Schulz - Do You Dream? (Uplifting Vocal Mix) (05:09)
[253:09] 47. Jochen Miller vs. Armin van Buuren - Lost Vocal Connection (Markus Schulz Mashup) (06:20)
[259:28] 48. Marcel Woods - Advanced (05:39)
[265:08] 49. Dakota - Sin City (Rex Mundi Remix) (Markus Schulz Edit) (04:34)
[269:42] 50. Virtual Vault - Boundary (04:41)
[274:23] 51. John O'Callaghan feat. Sarah Howells - Find Yourself (Cosmic Gate Remix) (07:54)
[282:17] 52. Beat Service - Insider (05:02)
[287:19] 53. Club Scene Investigators - Direct Dizko (Sander van Doorn Remix) (07:02)
[294:21] 54. Markus Schulz - The New World (05:24)
[299:45] 55. Marco V - Automanual (05:45)
[305:30] 56. Phynn - Spacewalk (07:23)
[312:53] 57. Greg Downey - Grudge Match (Jordan Suckley Remix) (05:09)
[318:02] 58. Markus Schulz - Fly To Colors (Markus Schulz Big Room Remix) (06:06)
[324:08] 59. Above & Beyond vs. Mr. Pit - Shana Can't Sleep (Black Army Mashup) (06:34)
[330:41] 60. Above & Beyond vs. Andy Moor - Air For Life (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction) (06:37)
[337:18] 61. Cass & Slide - Perception (Markus Schulz Remix) (09:55)
[347:13] 62. Super8 & Tab - Elektra (06:22)
[353:36] 63. Paul van Dyk - For An Angel 2009 (03:54)
[357:29] 64. Energy 52 - Café Del Mar (Original Three 'N' One Mix) (06:51)
[364:20] 65. Rank 1 - Airwave (Remix) (05:54)
[370:15] 66. Solar Stone - Seven Cities (Armin van Buuren Remix) (06:58)
[377:12] 67. Paul van Dyk vs. Rex Mundi feat. Susana - For An Angel At All (Markus Schulz Mashup) (02:34)

anyone looking into basement jaxx's new cd?

basement-jaxx.jpg

i'm kinda into them....... i have all their previous cds and probably will be picking up this one

subrock

dustytruly said:
anyone looking into basement jaxx's new cd?

basement-jaxx.jpg

i'm kinda into them....... i have all their previous cds and probably will be picking up this one
was NOT impressed by this. deleted it as soon as I got it.

Top Bottom