• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Dreaver

Hey electro-GAF, lately I've been listening some Essential Mixes, what are some must listens? (did I ask this before?)
I loved the Nero, Feed Me and SBTRKT ones. I'm open for every genre though. I need more of them!

gdt

What do you guys think of this line up?

Daedelus
featuring Salva , Ryan Hemsworth , and Samo Sound Boy

In about a month. Dunno anything about those other dudes. I'd mainly be there for Ryan. Would suck if he's on stage for like 15 minutes. Its only $14 so I'll probably go anyway.

gdt

Wow. Absolutely gorgeous remix.

Here's a preview of that SCB track from the Nonplus comp that's dropping next month: "Dissipate"

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! That screech is amazing.

Sounds more "classic SCB" than "Loss" SCB but its still pretty awesome. Scuba don't stop.

still wish he'd just put it out as Scuba

Divius

What do you guys think of this line up?

Daedelus
featuring Salva , Ryan Hemsworth , and Samo Sound Boy

In about a month. Dunno anything about those other dudes. I'd mainly be there for Ryan. Would suck if he's on stage for like 15 minutes. Its only $14 so I'll probably go anyway.

Daedelus is pretty good! Id go for $15 and im sure it will atleast be an hour set from each of them.

Essential mixes: Nicola Jarr and Dusky are another two Id reccomend.

Shaneus

Hey electro-GAF, lately I've been listening some Essential Mixes, what are some must listens? (did I ask this before?)
I loved the Nero, Feed Me and SBTRKT ones. I'm open for every genre though. I need more of them!
New or old? I'll list off some of my faves... and do my best to summarise the main genre used:

Adam Freeland 2003 - Breaks, but not "nu-school". Gritty, kind of industrial and even manages to fit in a bit of RatM in there. For a good idea of the sort of stuff, check out Evil Nine's "You Can Be Special, Too" (a great album in it's own right).

Infusion 2004 - Breaks, but of the newish kind. You hear their classics "Do To You (in '82)", Spike and a VERY early version of what would become Love & Imitation/Natural. Great mix the whole way through.

Soulwax 2005 - Wacky, takes twists and turns everywhere but I loved every minute of it. It's a trainspotters delight and fun as hell. Lots of 60s/70s tracks in there but nothing ever sounds out of place.

Dimitri from Paris 2011 - Is just a classic Dimitri-style disco funk mix with a bit of 80s and 90s synth-pop thrown in (Electronic's Getting Away With It <3). It's cool and funky and it makes you feel like you should be listening to it in a lavish bar somewhere in downtown Paris.

But my favourites, ones I can't stop listening to...

Greg Wilson 2009 - This mix schooled the fuck out of me. I was given a lesson in just how good music was back in the 60s and 70s, with tracks that blew me away from over 30 years ago. Gave me a new perspective on disco, funk and oooold electronica that's re-ignited the flame that once burned brightly inside me for older-style funky house music (deep house and electro has pretty much been my only diet for the last few years, prior to hearing his mix early last year).

Silicone Soul 2005 - This is the CD you have when friends are over. For a recovery, road trip big or small, it's just ridiculous how easy it is to get into this mix. Whatever state or mood you're in, it'll suit your mood perfectly. Sometimes you'll just want something as background music... that's fine. But if you're in a place where you want to lose yourself in something, this is the only ticket you need. You'll tap your feet and nod your head without realising it. It's deep, it's kinda groovy and is chill as fuck. And it hasn't aged a day, which does my head in something severe.

So there ya go :) There may be one or two that I've forgotten, but these were the ones that popped into my head first. Enjoy!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Dreaver

James Blake, Jamie XX, Rustie

This is great.

I'll check them out, thanks!

New or old? I'll list off some of my faves... and do my best to summarise the main genre used:

Adam Freeland 2003 - Breaks, but not "nu-school". Gritty, kind of industrial and even manages to fit in a bit of RatM in there. For a good idea of the sort of stuff, check out Evil Nine's "You Can Be Special, Too" (a great album in it's own right).

Infusion 2004 - Breaks, but of the newish kind. You hear their classics "Do To You (in '82)", Spike and a VERY early version of what would become Love & Imitation/Natural. Great mix the whole way through.

Soulwax 2005 - Wacky, takes twists and turns everywhere but I loved every minute of it. It's a trainspotters delight and fun as hell. Lots of 60s/70s tracks in there but nothing ever sounds out of place.

Dimitri from Paris 2011 - Is just a classic Dimitri-style disco funk mix with a bit of 80s and 90s synth-pop thrown in (Electronic's Getting Away With It <3). It's cool and funky and it makes you feel like you should be listening to it in a lavish bar somewhere in downtown Paris.

But my favourites, ones I can't stop listening to...

Greg Wilson 2009 - This mix schooled the fuck out of me. I was given a lesson in just how good music was back in the 60s and 70s, with tracks that blew me away from over 30 years ago. Gave me a new perspective on disco, funk and oooold electronica that's re-ignited the flame that once burned brightly inside me for older-style funky house music (deep house and electro has pretty much been my only diet for the last few years, prior to hearing his mix early last year).

Silicone Soul 2005 - This is the CD you have when friends are over. For a recovery, road trip big or small, it's just ridiculous how easy it is to get into this mix. Whatever state or mood you're in, it'll suit your mood perfectly. Sometimes you'll just want something as background music... that's fine. But if you're in a place where you want to lose yourself in something, this is the only ticket you need. You'll tap your feet and nod your head without realising it. It's deep, it's kinda groovy and is chill as fuck. And it hasn't aged a day, which does my head in something severe.

So there ya go :) There may be one or two that I've forgotten, but these were the ones that popped into my head first. Enjoy!

Well I'm open for everything that's good, but I think I prefer newer ones. But thanks I'll check them out!

I'll check them out, thanks!

Well I'm open for everything that's good, but I think I prefer newer ones. But thanks I'll check them out!

How dare you shun my input!! ;) Nicolas Jarrs one mix of the year I belive. I havent listened to an EM is awhile actually, not since Duskys.

Ohh I didn't saw your post! I'll get it as well, thanks!

Its pretty out there..Oh yeah and James Blakes one.
Id say James Blakes, Jarrs and Rusties are my fav off the top of my head. I rinsed Maya Jane Coles one aswell.

One this that One man mix did is make me realise I need to buy Fatima Al-Qadiris Ep Dessert Strike. I hear it everynow and then and think "so good!" but never rememember to pick it up..

Whens joelseph un-banned and what happend to all the mixes people made for NY? I might try and make one tonight but I havent really used my decks in awhile and I fairly recently destroyed my HDD so I need ot fix traktor..effort!!

okno

One this that One man mix did is make me realise I need to buy Fatima Al-Qadiris Ep Dessert Strike. I hear it everynow and then and think "so good!" but never rememember to pick it up..

Whens joelseph un-banned and what happend to all the mixes people made for NY? I might try and make one tonight but I havent really used my decks in awhile and I fairly recently destroyed my HDD so I need ot fix traktor..effort!!

Fatima is rad! Really love what she has done and her Factmag podcast is amazing.

As for the mixes, some of us posted 'em. I'll re-compile them. A couple peeps still have to post theirs. Maybe next Christmas?

injurai

Banned
Haven't missed much, it's also the last thing he did worth listening to.

New single is pretty nice though, definitely looking forward to the full album.

139604_o.gif

bowery

Kastle guest mix for B.traits

Zinc - Forest Gate - Rinse
Starz - Juke It
Zia - Your Smile - Zia & Grid Reflux Remix
Hybrid Minds - Meant To Be
Break - Love So True - Symmetry Recordings
Chase & Status - Loves Theme - Bingo Beats
RAVE DIGGER ANTHEM
The Good Men - Give It Up
Figgy - Only You - Symbols Recordings
Chicken Lips - He Not In (Eats Everything’s Chicken Tits Rewix) - Defected
Woozee - Now I Know
Josh Butler - Warm Embrace - MTA
Copy Paste Soul - Let It Go - Exploited Records
Stranger - Anguish - Retrospekt
Ivory D’or - Witch Doctor
Llesca - Lymph Node
Delphic - Baiya (Shadow Child Remix)
Lakosa & iO Sounds - Only One - Madhouse
Breach & Dark Sky - The Click - Naked Naked
Forget Me Not - Basseline - feat. The Get Along Gang
Youngstar - Pulse X (Blackwax Remix) - Liminal Sounds
I Killed Kenny - Crux (Pedro 123 Remix) - Four40
Tenchu & Daffy - Johnny Cage
Parachute Youth - Awake Now (What So Not Remix) - Sweat It Out Records
Strange VIP - Funeral at Skyland Mountain - Trouble & Bass
Skream - Copy Cat (feat. Kelis) - Tempa
Wretch 32 - Pop - Mele Remix
Mosca - Bax - Eddy’s Grime Refix
KASTLE GUEST MIX
Kastle - Without You (feat. Austin Paul) - Symbols
iO Sounds - Always Something - Infinite Machine
Bodhi - Culture - Grizzly
Kastle - Insatiable (feat. Ayah Marar) - Symbols
Teknian - You Make Me So - Inspected
Soulmagic - Someone Like You (Plezier Remix) - Strictly Rhythm
Squarehead - Elegante - 5ANDSEVEN
Jason Burns - Lightning (feat. Reva DiVito) - Symbols
Kastle - Don’t Look Back - Symbols
Kastle - Stay Forever VIP - Symbols
Feadz & Kito - Wettex (Cashmere Cat Remix) - Ed Banger
Jaw Jam - Frontin’ - Bootleg
Artful Dodger - Please Don’t Turn Me On (Disclosure Remix) - Public Demand
Jus Now - Tun Up - Gutterfunk
Monkey Wrench - Above The Sheets
Maribou State & Pedestrian - Mask - Pets Recordings
Lazune - Feel It - feat. Katy Shotter
Disclosure - White Noise (feat. Alunageorge) - PMR
Cause & Effect - Don’t Like To Do That - Dirty Bird
Riton - Bang Your Head - Ed Banger
GTA - Booty Bounce - Jeffries / Mad Decent

daviyoung

Banned
Tomas Barford - November Skies (Dj Carnage Edit)

Synkro - Mountains (Troy Gunner Mix)

Shir Khan presents Black Jukebox 06

Beaumont Stanford - Bit Pitch EP

ROD - Mission

Funk D'Void - Greatest Bits Mixtape

tracklist said:
1. Nacho Marco “Wench (Francois Dubois remix)”
2. Hot Toddy “Slave To You (Francois Dubois edit)”
3. Nature Soul “Horizon (Francois Dubois remix)”
4. Funk D’Void feat. Jay Leblone “Lovin’ Your Body”
5. Funk D’Void “Flealife (Christian Smith remix)”
6. Funk D’Void “Masque”
7. Funk D’Void “Shadowchaser”
8. Funk D’Void “Counter Cat”
9. Funk D’Void “Italoca”
10. Paul Loraine “Envy (Funk D’Void remix)”
11. Vince Watson “A Very Different World (Funk D’Void remix)”
12. Funk D’Void “Diabla (Christian Smith & Wehbba end of the night remix)”
13. Funk D’Void “Diabla intro”

Coma - Hoooooray

Gazelle Twin - Heartbeat

bowery

New kingdom mix

Cannot get enough of night slugs

ingdom – Blasting Voice Audio (Kelela Bank Head Vox Mix)
Kingdom – Bank Head (Instrumental)
DJ K Millz – Bounce to My Lou (ft. Bree)
Kingdom – Femme Litre
Frank Ocean & Kingdom – Pyramid Stalker (Total Freedom Blend)
Kingdom – Stalker Ha (Rap Mix)
Kingdom – Goodies Remix
Bok Bok & Tom Trago – The Hole Driller
Kingdom – Fukin Jaker
Dat Oven – Icy Lake (L-VIS 1990 Refix)
Untold – Stop What You’re Doing (Kowton Remix – Kingdom Edit)
Gatekeeper – Treedrum (Total Freedom Debt Stalking Version)
Brandy – So Sick
Morri$ & Sinjin Hawke – F?NT?SM? (ft. Micheal Taylor)
Future & Kelly Rowland – Neva End
Divoli S’vere – I Don’t Need a Pill (Instrumental)
Youngstar – Pulse Xtra
DJ Big O – Nobody’s Perfect
DJ Y Zell – Somaya
Girl Unit & Kelly Rowland – Double Take Part II x Ice (Kingdom Blend)
Fatima Al Qadiri – Oil Well (Kingdom Edit ft. Gangsta Boo)

HTuran

The Track I've Been Playing That People Keep Asking About And That Joy Used In His RA Mix And Daphni Played On Boiler Room

How can you not love Four Tet?

lush

Shaneus

So, a mate SMSed me today saying that Friday week both MANDY and Maxxi Soundsystem are playing in Melbourne.

Could not be more fucking stoked. That would just about make it 3/4 for my favourite producers/acts that I've seen in the last 12 months. LNTG, Todd Terje and now Maxxi. All that's left is Dumont.

joelparrett

Neo Member
Aural Sects - Long Clothing Mixtape

Mix by Bunny
Model: Ranya Keehl
Art: Oohh Mmyy Godd"

Tracklist (edits not listed):

Party Trash – Let's Chill
Psychic Rites – Killer
VS//YOUTHCLUB – Waves (Daterape remix)
VS//YOUTHCLUB – 10245
MADDEN – iRL uRL
Peachblack – Northern Winds
Rachel Haircut - Drench.sf2
Corona – Rhythm of the Night (We Have The Technology Remix)
Signs – Artillery
Flexdragon - Panty Drop
Witowmaker – WOTChU SAYiN
NANCY – Molly
Kitty Pride (ft. RiFF RaFF) – Orion's Belt (Duchovny Remix)
Marie Dior vs. Powny Lamb – HEELS OF DOOM (fast legs high heels)
Fake Brad – 6Ourm3t r4C3 (kirby super star)

You guys really need to find time to just listen to this. Seriously some of the most amazing tracks of all time.

'The Journey' (2 Hour Drum & Bass Mix)

Thanks for that link, really liking it so far (I'm at ~30 min). I haven't been following DNB in years, so it's nice to hear a wide range of sub-styles and quality tracks. It's probably old stuff for people in the loop, but it's all new to me.

By the way, if I enjoy Holy Other, are there any other artists that I will enjoy? Not the warped vocals so much, but the atmosphere is awesome. I know Burial is somewhat similar, but that's usually a lot more "nervous".

Ohnonono

Thanks for that link, really liking it so far (I'm at ~30 min). I haven't been following DNB in years, so it's nice to hear a wide range of sub-styles and quality tracks. It's probably old stuff for people in the loop, but it's all new to me.

By the way, if I enjoy Holy Other, are there any other artists that I will enjoy? Not the warped vocals so much, but the atmosphere is awesome. I know Burial is somewhat similar, but that's usually a lot more "nervous".

Wife-Stoic EP maybe? More vocals though.

HiResDes

Ghostek's Vacuum EP, WIFE's Stoic, Water Border's Harbored Mantras, Vessel's Order of Noise, Nocow's Gather Strength, Phon.O's Black Boulder, LIAR's Strange Love, and any Balam Acab and oOoOO

injurai

Banned

Also, Four Tet or Flying Lotus may be up your ally.

Top Bottom