• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

lush

Supreme Cuts & Haleek Maul - Ball
Obey City - W.B.H.
Matthias Zimmermann - Vincente
Jimmy Edgar - My Balance (Last Priority)
Big Voyage - He Doesn't
Night Drugs - Bwo
Obey City - Down & Up (House Refix)
Dark Sky - Gaddagive
Zed Bias - Heavy Water Riddim
Rod Lee - ???
Sea Point - Nautical Day
Obey City - ???
Obey City - Emoji Greeting
Jam City - New York
Obey City - Quantum Phase
C.Z. & Lil Texas - What You Want
Space Ghost - My Hydro
Plot Twist - Towers
Ruff Sqwad - Underground
Brey - Gucci Gucci (I Deaded Your Vocals On A Quick One Instrumental)
813 - Village (Forthcoming Apothecary Compositions)
Obey City - Work/Move
Cid Rim - Poellau
Morgan Hislop - The Radiance of the Outdoors
C.Z. - Wonder Bread
Wayne Wonder - No Letting Go (Warm Syrup Edit)
Inc. - 5 Days
The Dream - AK47
D'Angelo - Africa (Acoustic Version)

Oh no, now there's pressure to perform. Umm... uhh....

Avicii - Levels

Did I do good??.

1339853236788.gif

injurai

Banned
So while eating lunch and being tortured by dozens of pop trance and cheese house that all used the same shitty guetta vocal filters (it was probably all just guetta but i wouldn't know)

all of a sudden a killer Drum and Bass remix of Lana Del Rey came on. I could barely make out the lyrics so it took me until almost the end to realize it was her. I don't even know which one of her songs it was because when I tried to listen to her album just now I kinda forgot what I was comparing them too...

I nee your help!!!

Servbot24

Banned
It's now possible to to listen to the new Actress single, Silver Cloud.
About to start, pretty excited. Cunningham is one of, if not the most visionary sonic artist alive for my money.

I don't know how much of it is edited down to a more game-y length. But everyone should support the fucking insane music in that game. So damn good.

PS. Goobicii is the best name ever.

Ive no idea! I have it and I remember in the gaming side thread someone said the music is included in the download file. No idea how that works if you got it of steam though!

Shaneus

Ive no idea! I have it and I remember in the gaming side thread someone said the music is included in the download file. No idea how that works if you got it of steam though!
There are .OGG files just for the in-game music, but if you buy it then it creates a subfolder with MP3s. No idea if there are more songs in the purchased bit or not.

But I didn't really buy it just to hear it, but to support the guys who collated and made it, too. They deserve it 100% (and this is after I bought the EP that contains this amazing track on it).

Shaneus

That kind of reminds me of this. A track I stumbled across many years ago and never seemed to make it big, thanks to being overshadowed by it's more popular brother, the Axwell remix (which it takes a massive dump on). But this track... damn, I just love it. It's summer all over :)

Mambana - Libre 2005 (Sobek Vocal Mix)

(Good luck trying to find a good copy anywhere... from what I can tell it was vinyl only and the MP3 copies of it are all obvious vinyl rips with some occasional SQ issues coming through :( )

Even if I don't post new stuff, I'm going to make a point of posting tracks that probably weren't all that big that you should all know about. Too much good music I've enjoyed over the years that has gone largely unnoticed.

Oh, one more that was a little more popular which you guys might not be familiar with. If I had to do a personal top 5 dance tracks, it would definitely be in there:
Deepest Blue - Shooting Star (Full Intention remix)

dat house

I need to get back into house/tech house/techno (thats not face melting). Ive been drowning myself in about 15 years worth of hip-hop of late.
I guess it does not help that its winter and shite in the UK, not really a happy summer house music vibe haha

Shaneus

Yeah, it's weird just how much the weather/seasons dictate what sort of music I listen to. Although funnily enough, last year was pretty much the first where I continually kept disco-house (etc.) re-edits and remixes in steady rotation. Normally they're heavily restricted to summer/late spring/early autumn.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Yeah, it's weird just how much the weather/seasons dictate what sort of music I listen to. Although funnily enough, last year was pretty much the first where I continually kept disco-house (etc.) re-edits and remixes in steady rotation. Normally they're heavily restricted to summer/late spring/early autumn.

For some reason I always associate nu-disco with the wintertime. Like, my first time hearing Inspector Norse was on its release last Jan, first time hearing of Tiger and Woods was in Tensnake's RA mix (released in Jan 10), Add2Basket's Nu-Disco christmas special from Christmas-season '07 is what got me into the mix...

It's weird because you think all those balearic guitars and light funky melodies would be perfect for summer.

Progressive house is another genre I associate with winter and the freezing cold.

okno

Day 3 of Coachella look BOSS!

Also: winter for me is all about nu-disco and dirty ass techno. Spring is techno, summer is house, fall is deep house and deep techno.

Shaneus

For some reason I always associate nu-disco with the wintertime. Like, my first time hearing Inspector Norse was on its release last Jan, first time hearing of Tiger and Woods was in Tensnake's RA mix (released in Jan 10), Add2Basket's Nu-Disco christmas special from Christmas-season '07 is what got me into the mix...

It's weird because you think all those balearic guitars and light funky melodies would be perfect for summer.
You're weird ;)

Progressive house is another genre I associate with winter and the freezing cold.
As do I.

PS. Kill the Noise is playing Coachella. So I guess "dubstep" is still a thing, then? SMH.

So I guess "brostep" is still a thing, then? SMH.

Fixed that for you! Theres way more than just him. Modestep and Knife party among others.

Here you go injurai and thabiz I know you guys can deal with it haha
The Bug ft Flowdan - Dirty
Kahn - Way Mi Defend
Dusk + Blackdown "The Drumz of Nagano [edit]"

V.I.V.E.K - Over My Head ft. Mel Dymond (this one is going to be my first vinyl of 2013

Edit: I went to go compare the first few songs of kill the noise compared to kahn to make a point about bro/dubstep but the first like 4 songs of kill the noise were like electro stuff so sacked the idea off haha

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Day 3 of Coachella look BOSS!

Also: winter for me is all about nu-disco and dirty ass techno. Spring is techno, summer is house, fall is deep house and deep techno.

Speaking of nu-disco, you still going to LPR tomorrow for 6th Borough Project/The Revenge/Mark E? I got my tickets from RA the other day...

okno

Speaking of nu-disco, you still going to LPR tomorrow for 6th Borough Project/The Revenge/Mark E? I got my tickets from RA the other day...

I might. I don't know if I'm going out at all anymore tomorrow (tomorrow is also the closing party of Dope Jams), because my boyfriend had a medical scare this week. Gotta take care of him (he's fine, just nervous.) We'll see what happens... I do really, really want to go to LPR, a lot.

Top Bottom