• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

lush

Felt so stupid a few days ago when my friend mentioned 'Tonight' and he meant 'TNGHT'. I always thought you were supposed to say it by the individual letters lol.
Seems like that would roll off the tongue nicely. Had a friend try to pull off the exact same thing with SBTRKT once and I lost it.

lush

Close feat. Scuba & Charlene Soraia - Beam Me Up (Original Mix)

Synkro Mix for Pulse
Synkro - To Be
Synkro ft. Jade Parker - Maintain
The xx - Sunset (Jamie xx Edit)
Call Super - Threshing Floor
Tropics - Don't You Know (Troy Gunner Remix)
Synkro - Frontline (Jack Dixon Remix)
Synkro - Girl (Stickman Remix)
Artifact - The Way It Do (Damu Remix)
Synkro - Don't Want
Unknown - Untitled
Snow Patrol - New York (Synkro Edit)

Ryan Hemsworth talks upcoming album, collaborating with UK artists and “selling out” in 2013(via FACT)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say

Wow, finally something that peeled me away from listening to the Pryda EM for the 30th time :p Really like Jacques Renault's part especially... saw him the other night in NYC (at the 6th Borough Project/Revenge/Mark E show) and was the most impressed with him! He's one of the Let's Play House guys, probably my favorite NYC area promoters right now.

bowery

scuba hotflush classics mix
1. Mount Kimbie - Maybes (Hotflush)
2. Scuba - Adrenalin (Hotflush)
3. Joy Orbison - Hyph Mngo (Hotflush)
4. Scuba - Twitch (Jamie Vex'd remix) (Hotflush)
5. Sepalcure - Love Pressure (Hotflush)
6. Search & Destroy - Candyfloss (Loefah remix) (Hotflush)
7. Toasty - The Knowledge (Hotflush)

brenmar vmix

1. TyDolla$ign - A Young (Brenmar Remix)
2. Mya - Case of the Ex (DJ Buzzy Remix)
3. Visionist - Who Ever Knew
4. Tigga Calore - Beads (Produced by MikeQ and Brenmar)
5. TT The Artist and Murder Mark - Pussy Ate
6. Dom Kennedy - My Type of Party (Brenmar Remix)
7. DJ Q - Trust Again
8. Rihanna - Loveee Song feat. Future (Brenmar Club Edit)
9. Mohegan Son - Locality
10. Cliff Savage - MCGP
11. DJ Bake & Dj Uniique - Boy I Got A Donk x Miss Honey (Beek Club Edit)
12. Deejay Theory - I Don't Wanna Know
13. "The Future" Fade - One Night Stand
14. Pink Dollaz - Double Mint
15. Riton - Lost My Mind
16. Brenmar & Salva - Let Me Bang
17. Kid Ink - Badass
18. Brenmar - Sloppy (Ray JR x V.alii Beats Edit)
19. Brenmar - Oh My Gawd
20. Brenmar - Trouble
21. In Transit - Sweatlodge
22. King L - 2 Pair
23. Ziggy The Zombie - Tank (Produced By Brenmar)
24. John Hart - Who Booty
25. Fabolous - Can't Let You Go (Murlo Remix)

so, i'm going to recommend world's end girlfriend to any of you that like layered, experimental electronic music.
a decent way to describe seven idiots (his most recent album) is a kind of classical twist on electronic music, but simply calling it that is doing it a disservice. it's his best work so far, and the album is incredible from start to (noisy) finish.

here's two specific track recommendations:
WEG - bohemian purgatory

WEG - helter skelter cha cha cha

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, finally something that peeled me away from listening to the Pryda EM for the 30th time :p Really like Jacques Renault's part especially... saw him the other night in NYC (at the 6th Borough Project/Revenge/Mark E show) and was the most impressed with him! He's one of the Let's Play House guys, probably my favorite NYC area promoters right now.

So you know that Cory Lasser track in the Pryda EM? It was from some dude who emailed the track to Prydz and he decided to drop it in his mix. That guy must be on cloud nine right now.

Any opinions on this? I must confess I have heard of none of them.
3rd1.jpg

One of my current favorite tunes, dat bass <3

Bodhi - Culture

What genre would you say this is?

Sounds like it fell out of the 90s but I like it!

I had no clue what you were talking about until I realized you were referring to MOLLY.

Yeah but its only called that in the USA!

Normally I would just go but Ive not been out since early December and something Im super hyped for is next week. Dont want to go hard this weekend and be lacking for the next :/

okno

Any opinions on this? I must confess I have heard of none of them.
3rd1.jpg

Looks like a strange, but worthwhile line-up. Rolando can be funky, but he can also just be weird, and the same goes for Morphosis and Miles. Miles I would lump in with Sandwell District. Morphosis just does his own batshit crazy stuff, but he knows how to really flip your head. Don't know the other two, but I'd go. Some highlights:

Rolando - De Cago (Vinyl Version) People freaked out when this dropped. The flip, Junie, is beautiful. However, if this video is anything to go by, he's just gone straight Berghain techno.

Miles - Primer
Miles - Flawed

Morphosis - Too Far The Dettmann remixes of this are must-haves.
Morphosis - Wild In Captivity
Morphosis - Round One The way this one evolves is fantastic.
Morphosis - Cetrik
Morphosis - Running Out

I really love Morphosis.

Also, Mandy makes way more sense than Molly ever did.

Forgot one: Morphosis - Musafir This one is badass.

thabiz

Looks like a strange, but worthwhile line-up. Rolando can be funky, but he can also just be weird, and the same goes for Morphosis and Miles. Miles I would lump in with Sandwell District. Morphosis just does his own batshit crazy stuff, but he knows how to really flip your head. Don't know the other two, but I'd go. Some highlights:

Rolando - De Cago (Vinyl Version) People freaked out when this dropped. The flip, Junie, is beautiful. However, if this video is anything to go by, he's just gone straight Berghain techno.

Miles - Primer
Miles - Flawed

Morphosis - Too Far The Dettmann remixes of this are must-haves.
Morphosis - Wild In Captivity
Morphosis - Round One The way this one evolves is fantastic.
Morphosis - Cetrik
Morphosis - Running Out

I really love Morphosis.

Also, Mandy makes way more sense than Molly ever did.

Forgot one: Morphosis - Musafir This one is badass.

How can you not post this. Shameful okno

Rolando - Knights of the Jaguar

Check out that Cold Wave compilation I posted in the Witch House thread, I think you might dig.

Wait what? Man with this, the bro thread, trance, instramental hiphop/jazz thing and now the trap thread I just dont know what to think anymore.
All these splinter threads man. so many splinter threads..
ralph_buzzer.gif

okno

nd_baumecker opening set

I love opening sets.

Opening sets allow the DJ to create the atmosphere for an entire night and are a true challenge (and lost artform) for those DJs, who travel from town to town every weekend playing 2 hour peak-time sets.

Opening sets allow to play tracks (and / or songs) that you usually don't hear in a club when you arrive after a certain time due to the DJs fear of losing people off the dancefloor (so what? :-D ).

For this and other reasons I dedicate this mix to those who tend to come (too) late and to those who come early at the same time and send a huge "THANK YOU!" to those who were participating LIVE in this session.
Also to those who contributed a few "WHOOHOOOs" in silent passages - one of the many nice things you only get when playing vinyl :)

It was a pleasure seeing the packed floor bouncing...early, did I mention that?

There is this line in the song "Hello" by The Beloved:

All you late-comers, just step on board.
I'm happy, glad you came.
So welcome home again!

Maybe next time then ;-)

<3

I love everything this man does. Absolutely one of the best DJs out there.

joelparrett

Neo Member
For people into real albums ;)

Manuel Gonzales is fast becoming one of Detroit's deadliest properties. Following that dope NSNT PRJCT 12" with Kyle Hall, his 3rd MGUN 12" lands on Will Bankhead's Trilogy Tapes, scouting the nastiest back alleys and derelict interzones of the Motor City mindset. We can safely say that these are his most rugged - and by turns, badass - cuts to date, going over-easy on the tape noise and loaded with the sort of direct beats demanded of a weekend within the 313. Face up, that means you get the lo-slung buck and cosmic bleeps of '2' and 'The Race''s UR-style militant electro fury sandwiching a grotty, bluesy loop jam called 'Walk With Me', whilst face down he pummels the booty shuddering swagger and atonal noise of 'Flutter's Brother' beside the psychotic Shake styles of 'Shamen' and the sub-loaded ghetto bouncer 'Tiles'. You're coming home with me, no questions.

okno

XLR8R #278 - Trus'me
tracklist said:
01 Trus'me "Hindsight" (Prime Numbers)
02 Trus'me "War Dub (Ben Klock Remix)" (Prime Numbers)
03 Trus'me "Moonlight Kiss" (Prime Numbers)
04 Adesse "Baayi" (Prime Numbers)
05 Barker & Baumecker "No Body (Machinedrum Remix)" (Ostgut Ton)
06 Adalberto "Don't Treat Me This Way" (Acidicted)
07 Adesse "Untitled Love" (Prime Numbers)
08 Volta Cab "Don't Give Up (Trus'me Gotta Be Strong Remix)" (Illusion)
09 Martyn "Phone Lines" (3024)
10 Raudive "Traffic" (Running Back)
11 Trus'me "Defunct" (Prime Numbers)
12 Damon Wild & Tim Taylor "Bang The Acid (Re-Banged By Skudge)"
13 Truss "Redbrook" (Prime Numbers)
14 Trus'me "Somebody" (Prime Numbers)
15 Massimo Di Lena "You Better Hear" (Prime Numbers)
16 Adesse "Supernal" (Prime Numbers)
Mostly comprised of tracks from his upcoming album, diggin it.

nd_baumecker opening set

I love everything this man does. Absolutely one of the best DJs out there.

Jackmaster and I think it was Benufo did a "warm up set" mix awhile back. it was pretty good. Think it was for okini or whatever that fancy clothes shop is called.

Yeah not saying its a bad thing to have loads of threads or if one is older than the other, just feel alot of it fits in fine here!
Saying that I cant even keep up with this and gafhop at the moment!

okno

I know this was talked about in here, but was the fact that it's free on xlr8r talked about? Such a jam: Grizzly Bear - Gun Shy (Lindstrom Remix)

Johnlenham said:
Jackmaster and I think it was Benufo did a "warm up set" mix awhile back. it was pretty good. Think it was for okini or whatever that fancy clothes shop is called.

I remember that mix! I liked it a lot, it was pretty weird. The baumecker one is kind of in line with that mix, really mellow with bursts of energy and moments of silence.

injurai

Banned
Wait what? Man with this, the bro thread, trance, instramental hiphop/jazz thing and now the trap thread I just dont know what to think anymore.
All these splinter threads man. so many splinter threads..
ralph_buzzer.gif

I know... these splinters are really making it hard to attract a wide range of taste in hear. I fear one day I'll be forced to into the Jungle where I'll start the tribe of DnB-gaf.

Top Bottom