• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Miroku

Do you know the song right around the 33min mark? I have it somewhere, but I can't remember the name for the life of me.

Pretty sure thats Jon Talabot, something off the Fin album. cant check now but should be easy enough to figure out if I got the album right :)

CRS

https://soundcloud.com/gavinturek/sets/com-truise-x-gavin-turek-re

jPXmVHTyqc9IS.jpg

!

Not sure if it comes with the territory but she sounds a lot like Yukimi. Which is weird because it's the same comparison I've done but with different people. Maybe I need to expand my female voice palette.

There should be a download link in the comments but I can't find anything. :(

okno

I've been on a huge Move D binge in the last week. Man is a genius.

And Miroku, you're right. I realized it a couple of hours later, but its a remix. The album version has lyrics in it. Bauemecker used a sublimely looped remix. I haven't checked out the Fin remix album, so it's most likely just that.

Such a good set, fuuuuuck!

gdt

Scuba tweeted this on 2/4

Scuba ‏@ScubaUK
Full details of North American shows in March will be up next week.

:O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEAR GOD COME TO PHILLY

Edit: Looks like 3 shows.....one in NY :/. On the night before Disclosure in Philly :/.

BeeDog

Saw RL Grime and Ryan Hemsworth live tonight, good shit. Ryan Hemsworth was the weaker of the two due to his choice of tracks; more slow r'n'b/trap which didn't create much of a party mood. Still freaking great though, and his technical skills are really damn good.

RL Grime was the shit though! Fucking awesome selection of trap tunes, and his mashup of Major Lazer - Original Don was excellent (started with the original hardstyle one before transitioning into the Flosstradamus Remix and then ending up with The Partysquad Remix). They also celebrated his birthday on stage, which was cool. He definitely knew how to get the (small) crowd going.

RL Grime played one massive trap tune that was bird-inspired, lulz. I think a distorted voice mentions something about birds, and then a bird sample is used throughout. Does anyone know this tune?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
no idea, it sounds a bit nu-discoey...maybe Shaneus or djtiesto will have a better clue?

I played the song on my new years eve mix actually (which is still coming... let's just say I got distracted by Ni No Kuni...)

John Talabot -When The Past Was Present (Pachanga Boys mix)

okno

I played the song on my new years eve mix actually (which is still coming... let's just say I got distracted by Ni No Kuni...)

John Talabot -When The Past Was Present (Pachanga Boys mix)

Came in here just to post this :) Such a beast.

Miroku, I kind of forgot about figuring out the 38min mark song for you. I was pretty twisted last night, ill look into it right now, heh.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
In other news, Beatport and Shazam have teamed up, which is really really helpful to us trainspotters...

Been listening to this as I'm currently snowed in waiting for the homeowner's association to dig me out:
Sasha Live at the BPM Festival, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Benjamin Damage & Doc Daneeka feat. Abigail Wyles - Battleships (Sasha Remix) [50 WEAPONS]
dubSPEEKA - Back To Basics (dubSPEEKA Red Sky Mix) [HOPE]
ID - ID 
Fabio Giannelli - Maintain (M.A.N.D.Y. Remix) [GET PHYSICAL]
Justin Martin - Butterflies (Catz 'N Dogz Remix) [DIRTYBIRD]
Hot Since 82 - Planes & Trains [SUARA]
Fabo feat. Angela Shiek - I Can't Decide 
ID - ID 
Dusky - Muriel 
Loco Dice - Auxotox [DESOLAT]
ID - ID 
Dominik Eulberg - Offenbach [TRAUM]
Marc DePulse feat. Debbizo - I Am Music (Nicolas Masseyeff Long Pressure Vocal Remix) [OSTWIND]
Mauro Norti - Last Day (Oliver Lieb Remix) 
James Zabiela - The Healing (Sasha Invol3ver Mix) [BORN ELECTRIC]
ID - ID 
ID - ID 
James Zabiela - The Healing [BORN ELECTRIC]  
ID - ID 
Maceo Plex - Stimulation [ELLUM]
Ultraista feat. Nigel Godrich - Smalltalk (ID Remix) [maybe Sasha remix] [I AM FORTIFIED]
Chaim & Electric J - En Milim [BPITCH]
Adam Beyer & Ida Engberg - Lovecraft [DRUMCODE]
Hot Chip - Flutes (Sasha Remix) [LAST NIGHT ON EARTH]
Ananda Project feat. Marta Gazman - Moment Before Dreaming 
Cat Power - Cherokee (Nicolas Jaar Remix) 
Luciano - Rise Of Angel [CADENZA]

Shaneus

Again, you've all ignored my post about last night. When you're all talking about that hot new Andre Crom remix of Tiger Stripes' latest track, I'll just be over there in the corner, shaking my head :(

PS. tiesto got it, it's Pachanga Boys. Though I cheated by way of Shazam :/

PPS. I'm sure I posted this a short while back, but it needs to be linked to again. No full versions on YT or anything else to link to, I'm afraid (though if there's demand, I'll quickly knock something up and upload it if you really want). Soundcloud preview:
Amadeo & Eclectic - Qualified (so hot)

Edit:
In other news, Beatport and Shazam have teamed up, which is really really helpful to us trainspotters...
I thought that! looking through my history, all of a sudden tracks matched to Maceo Plex's label (who I believe Maxxi Soundsystem is on) displayed a little BP logo in the top-right.

PS. I'm posting these because if any of you listened to them, you would've commented :p
Maxxi Soundsystem - Regrets We Have No Use For
Marc Houle - Oo Oo
Black Light Smoke - Lovework (DJ T remix)
Josh One - Contemplation (HQ King Britt Funke Mix)
Rachel Row - Follow the Step (Kink Beat remix) (this might be enjoyed by some of those here who don't mind that two-step kinda sound... I think you might know what I mean? Listen anyway, all of you!)
Tiger Stripes - Bright Lights (Andre Crom remix) (I think this might be a brand new track... yup, it is. Appeared on Beatport two days ago. Nice little display of being on top of it by Maxxi)

(okay, I was only going to post one or two... but I remembered that they were all good, so... yeah)

Bonus track: Alex Barck - Re-set (quite possibly the best deep chill track I've heard for the last year, with the exception of Aril Brikha's Tough Love[/url])
Alex Barck also did this track, which just slays me every time I hear it. So quality. Prommer & Barck - Gladys Knight (Alex Barck remix)

Miroku

I realized I didn't have any Versalife releases so I grabbed Nighttime Activities 1,2,3 & Rate of change.
Looking forward to digging into these. Similar sound to ERP as well as Drexciya.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
GET ON IT (all haha) ...

... so much good stuff tucked away on Soundcloud! Get to know those behind it ;-)

Edit: Thanks to everyone who has contributed music to this thread and kept it alive, and the mods for looking after it. MUCH appreciated, and much love as well for that matter!

Top Bottom