• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

CRS

Has BenZel released a mixtape/EP/album? They have all these tracks but I can't seem to find any collective pieces of work.

bowery

benzel said something along the lines of them being in school and hard for them to put out music and tour until they finish school, its two 16 year old japanese kids living in nyc

Huh, there you go. Had no idea that was a thing. I just assumed their name was actually an abbreviation for something, but your theory is probably more accurate.

Apparently not the case after all!
"Their nickname M.A.N.D.Y. is an acronym for Me And You, as in Patrick and Philipp"

Bringing the knowledge to Music gaf via the power of wiki

Shaneus

Apparently not the case after all!
"Their nickname M.A.N.D.Y. is an acronym for Me And You, as in Patrick and Philipp"

Bringing the knowledge to Music gaf via the power of wiki
I have to say... I love it. But it might be one of those backward abbreviation things where they come up with it after starting with the slang term of MDMA. That's what I'd have done, anyway!

thabiz

Shigeto - BEATS 4 DILLA

4095147234-1.jpg
3LLL - S E E D 0 0 1

lush

I'm going to need a link for this.
Soundcloud

or

Download
Slum Village - Climax - Good Vibe Recordings
J Dilla - Body Movin' (feat. J Rocc & Karriem Riggins) - BBE
Tyga - Switch Lanes (feat. The Game) - Mixtape
ASAP Ferg - Work - Sony
Drake - Started From The Bottom - Young Money
Pusha T - Take My Life (feat. Andrea Martin) - Mixtape
Ryan Hemsworth - Colour And Movement - Wedidit
Darkstar - You Don't Need A Weatherman - Warp
Anthony Naples - Pueblo - Trilogy Tapes
DEVolution - My Friends - Black Butter Records
Angel Lee & MJ Cole - What's Your Name - WEA
Luther Vandross - Never Too Much - Epic
Juan Atkins - I Love You - Tresor
Larry Heard - Mecurian Funk - Black Market
Kassem Mosse - Broken Patterns - NonPlus
KH - Text022 - Text Records
Ron Trent - Blood and Fire
??? - Data Screen
Xavier Leon - Croak
Falcons - Vroom
Viktor Vaughn - Let Me Watch
Chrome Sparks - Marijuana
Kevin Lyttle - Turn Me On
Jojo & Different Sleep - Baby It's U
Lana Del Rey & Cashmere Cat - National Anthem (Jamie What Edit)
Range - Tonight
Ja Rule - Between Me And You
Supreme Cuts - Ciroc Waterfalls
Drake - Started From The Bottom
???? - Secret of the Weapon
Mikky Ekko & Ryan Hemsworth - Pull Me Down
??? - Parade
Majora's Mask - Healing The Great Fairy
Drake & Rick Ross - Lord Knows
Nosaj Thing - Light 3
Missy Elliot & Kaytranada - Sock It 2 Me
Kingdom - Stalker Ha - Night Slugs
Emmanuel Moire - Lose It - Werk Discs

Nokterian

I still listen to Techno,but this kinda techno stuck to me ever since. The vibe,the constant energy pumping bass and tribal sounds. Just one big chunk great music. Also this party was the last and the best one in 2003 here in the netherlands. Great line up that night. I hate minimal techno it sounds to me way to slow and off to be honest. Sure dj's explore new kind of ways for music but sometimes do your fans a favor and do something back like this amazing sound.

Marco Carola live @ Shockers 2003

Shaneus

Welp, Maxxi Soundsystem was surprisingly good last night... one or two tracks I'm not sure I would've played, but 95% of the songs he did play were (pretty much mostly his, I guess, but...) off the fucking planet. MANDY was a lot better than I was expectiong, too... had seen him (it's only one-half of 'em) and was pretty average. Great choice of tracks, but set programming left a bit to be desired (no real flow to the set, jumped around a little between energies).

But still... great tracks. Examples of both:

Maxxi Soundsystem - Regrets We Have No Use For
Marc Houle - Oo Oo
Black Light Smoke - Lovework (DJ T remix)
Josh One - Contemplation (HQ King Britt Funke Mix)
Rachel Row - Follow the Step (Kink Beat remix) (this might be enjoyed by some of those here who don't mind that two-step kinda sound... I think you might know what I mean? Listen anyway, all of you!)
Macchina Nera - Gangbang
Tiger Stripes - Bright Lights (Andre Crom remix) (I think this might be a brand new track... yup, it is. Appeared on Beatport two days ago. Nice little display of being on top of it by Maxxi)

Yeah, was a great night. Made even greater by the fact that Maxxi had actually started early (no idea how long he played before we got there, but it was at least 20 minutes early) and finished on time, as well as getting free entry via a DJ mate who put our names on the door :)

Top Bottom