• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Servbot24

Banned
Uh, guys? Maxmillion Dunbar - House of Woo is STUNNING.

Stunning I say.

mdwoo_21213.jpg

Samples here: https://soundcloud.com/experimedia/maxmillion-dunbar-house-of-woo

Feb2013
Joker- Snake Eater
Wen- Commotion
Benga- Night
Benga- Pleasure
Kryptic Minds- Badman
Distance- Blue Meanie
The Bug- Skeng ft Flowdan
Skream- Midnight Request Line
Kode 9 - Nine Samurai
Coki- Beep
Kahn- Late Night Blues
VIVEK- Big Bang
Distance- A Result of sound

For the new page.
Currently feeling the weekends effects right now. Work is a major struggle.

daviyoung

Banned
For the new page.
Currently feeling the weekends effects right now. Work is a major struggle.

I like it, nice work. Not really my thing to scope for but this was really enjoyable.

Saying that, I'm a sucker for deep vibes and science samples and that tune near the end really left an impression. Guessing it's Big Bang?

Meanwhile, Ninja Tune has a nice idea. Beat Delete is a website where you pledge a specific amount for an out-of-print vinyl record and once a certain (publicly viewable) threshold is reached, the label takes your money, presses the vinyl and sends you a copy. Certainly, a nice idea.

I mentioned it here, since unsurprisingly it's largely populated by Ninja Tune releases, and so any vinyl heads might want to have a look.

injurai

Banned
Meanwhile, Ninja Tune has a nice idea. Beat Delete is a website where you pledge a specific amount for an out-of-print vinyl record and once a certain (publicly viewable) threshold is reached, the label takes your money, presses the vinyl and sends you a copy. Certainly, a nice idea.

I mentioned it here, since unsurprisingly it's largely populated by Ninja Tune releases, and so any vinyl heads might want to have a look.

by the power of RA!!!!

Ninja Tune continues to be the greatest label of all time!!!! This is so amazing!!!

#signMePlease!!!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say

That's a fantastic idea... wish it would be done for videogames one day...

miksushag

Made a mixtape for a mixtape-competition, give it a listen if you like :)

http://soundcloud.com/miksuswag/miksuswag-floorluv-mix-19-02

qinuwine - pony
the fugees - ready or not
adina howard - freak like me
kanye west - can't tell me nothing
teengirl fantasy - efx
boddika & joy o - mercy (VIP)
bodhi - culture
azealia banks - 1991
goldffinch - funky steppa (trusta remix)
breach & dark sky - fallout
outkast - hey ya! (lucky cub '13 remix)
notize - worth the pain
outkast - hey ya! (lucky cub '13 remix)
french fries - yo vogue
jean nipon - put it in the trunk
youan - girl
boddika & joy o - mercy (VIP)
karma kid - delight in delaware
a$ap rocky - fashion killa
avicii & nicky romero - nicktim
future feat. kelly rowland - neva end (remix)
hound scales - case (nabis)
low jack - free pyjamas
disclosure feat. alunageorge - white noise

Miroku

Decided to hit record tonight while drinkin & messin around a bit on my decks. Here's a short mix for you all. I fucked up the legowelt track, forgot a filter was turned on and couldn't figure out why it sounded so underwater for so long, other than that not a bad random mix set.

CLICK

Inigo Kennedy - Chamber
Mikael Jonasson - Cravings
Untold - Little Things Like That
MD2 - MD2.5.1
Kyle Geiger - Restore
Maceo Plex - Stimulation
Legowelt - Wayfaring Stranger
Arthur Oskan - Wants & Needs
Aunti Flo - Kisumu

So how do people buy all of this groundbreaking electronic music? Specifically, I want to buy all of the Danger EPs, but I have issues with pretty much every major music outlet that has his stuff. I despise iTunes and refuse to install it on my computer. Amazon also wants me to install a program just to download some mp3s. He doesn't have a bandcamp page. I've never used Google Play before. Is it just a cloud player, or can I download stuff I buy?

Edit: as it turned out, you can indeed download purchased music from Google Play. It never really made that clear until the last minute, though. And I didn't have to download any programs, yay.

So how do people buy all of this groundbreaking electronic music? Specifically, I want to buy all of the Danger EPs, but I have issues with pretty much every major music outlet that has his stuff. I despise iTunes and refuse to install it on my computer. Amazon also wants me to install a program just to download some mp3s. He doesn't have a bandcamp page. I've never used Google Play before. Is it just a cloud player, or can I download stuff I buy?

Edit: as it turned out, you can indeed download purchased music from Google Play. It never really made that clear until the last minute, though. And I didn't have to download any programs, yay.

Off the top of my head there is Juno, Beatport, Redeye, Bleep and there is probably more im forgetting!
Amazon isnt too bad and Ive found a few bits I couldnt find else where on there and I always seem to have credit with them.

Cool, liking the vibe.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I wish I hadny used the xxyy song. I told myself i wasnt going to mix tonight but as soon as I put it on to listen back it just made me want to do a better thought out one tonight :/

[quote="Ill Saint, post: 48022708"]For groundbreaking electronic music purchases in digital form, I recommend [URL="http://hardwax.com/downloads/"]Hardwax[/URL], [URL="http://www.zero-inch.com/"]Zero"[/URL], and [URL="http://boomkat.com/downloads"]Boomkat[/URL][/QUOTE]

Boomkat was the one I was forgetting.

Fjordson

Amazon's is great. I was a little weirded out by the program at first, but it's incredibly minor. It literally pops up for like 20 seconds as the files are downloading and then it's gone.

I mostly use them these days. Occasionally iTunes if I'm feeling really lazy and want something on my phone instantly.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Honestly I'm probably going to get hated on, but with only so much time to keep up with all of the music I just use spotify for most shit. I definitely say Amazon is a good place to buy music for an itunes alternative.

PS: Warp released that new Jamie Lidell, but I'm not really feeling it at all.

joelparrett

Neo Member
Honestly I'm probably going to get hated on, but with only so much time to keep up with all of the music I just use spotify for most shit.

You are missing out on all the new stuff then. I recommend using a RSS reader and subscribing to blog feeds. You will have more new music than you will know what to do with.

injurai

Banned
Anyone else prefer discovering music of the past? I always find it better to delve deeper into the roots of different genres then constantly listening to the forefront. I find all to often new music ends up being disappointing. It's rare for things to turn out timeless. And those that do, I tend to follow them and their labels forever.

okno

TX5tigy.jpg

Currently digging the ∆∆ (Delta Delta) - Skyway EP

Check out the track You: http://youtu.be/Ecmq-L0JkvA

I just got this last night! It's pretty freaking fantastic.

Some other things of note:

Mock & Toof - Walking the Streets (DMX Krew RMX)/Legowelt remix.
Anaxander - Antoinette
Daniel Avery - Drone Logic (Factory Floor Gabe Gurnsey Remix)
Skudge - Haste/Wonder Stories
Bleak - Noon Shape
Young Marco - In the Wind (This comes off a compilation from Rush Hour mixed by Gerd called 'Music for the Autobahn' and it is sublime, this is just a two minute clip)

Top Bottom