• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

okno

http://boilerroom.tv/live

Hotflush takeover happening right now. Been a fun ride, so far. Dense & Pika are killing it. Those dudes directly behind them do NOT know how to dance. The thing I don't like about watching BR is that everyone is more interested in just being near the DJs rather than taking a step back and dancing. Not BR's fault, happens everywhere, but still.

edit!!! James Creed - Top Pocket. Heard this on that baumecker mix I posted (right around the 1:04:00 mark, I think), so stoked I found it! and the one after it.

gdt

Was skipping around my library, and started playing some Cole Co...so I hopped on their twitter. Posted this a few days ago...

You're So Fine (Preview)

Seems like they have a new EP out soon. Sounds just as awesome as their other songs.

Shaneus

Anyone else prefer discovering music of the past? I always find it better to delve deeper into the roots of different genres then constantly listening to the forefront. I find all to often new music ends up being disappointing. It's rare for things to turn out timeless. And those that do, I tend to follow them and their labels forever.
Dude, I love it. One of the reasons I love the re-edit trend (phase? fad?) that's happening at the moment is that I'm hearing fuller versions of tracks I've heard sampled in other songs in the past. A not so recent example:
Kanye West - Touch the Sky

And the newer version (still a few years old, though):
Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up (Eric Kupper vocal remix)

Having said that, even the original still kicks arse.

okno

Lol. Won this competition, going to play tomorrow for an electrohouse/techhouse crowd of about 500. Wonder how this kind of sound works sigh.

Haha!! Congrats, man! Looks like it'll be a fun time.

And Curtis <3 I've been retreating more and more into older material. A lot of amazing stuff is coming out these days, but there was a sense of daring and adventure that is so evident in older tracks that is lacking in newer productions. The Classic Garage comps are essential for everyone in this thread.

lush

Track ripped from Scuba b2b George FitzGerald(Hotflush x Boiler Room): Unknown - Untitled and another

Ejeca & Chamboche - Keep The Love(clip)

Mixmag Mix of the Week: Bobby Tank
B.Bravo & Teeko - The Roll Out
Jimmy Edgar - Hot Raw Sex (Machinedrum Remix)
Usher - Climax (Lindsay Lowend Remix)
Kilo Kish - Goldmine
Jhene Aiko - Mirrors (Lion Gonzalez Remix)
Bobby Tank - Used To Know
Bobby Tank - Cybo
The Weeknd - The Party & The After Party (Kastle Remix)
Krueger - Galactica (Bambounou Remix)
Jason Burns & Brent Still Life - Right Now (We Sink Remix)
Clip! - Shes Got
Figgy - Only You
Bobby Tank - The Way
A$AP Rocky - Fashion Killa (Druid Cloak Remix)
Bobby Tank - Waterphone Shadows
Katy B - Aaliyah (Clicks & Whistles Remix)
Flume - More Than You Thought
Djemba Djemba - Yah Pop
Bro Safari - That Ass
Stooki Sound - Ball So Hard
Valentino Khan - Twerk 4 Gold
Kanye West & Jay Z - Clique (Gladiator Remix)
Mike Gao - Let You Know
BambooClart - Sexy Beast
Slugabed - This Is A Warning
Giraffage - Money
SWV - Rain (Two Fresh Remix)

Shaneus

And Curtis <3 I've been retreating more and more into older material. A lot of amazing stuff is coming out these days, but there was a sense of daring and adventure that is so evident in older tracks that is lacking in newer productions. The Classic Garage comps are essential for everyone in this thread.
Yeah, it's one of the things that really does my head in about music. The first one is with just how much music is being made, despite having somewhat broad circles I'm probably only aware of 1% (if that) of stuff that I'd actually love to bits.

The other thing, is just how much music there's already been, even outside the "club"/electronic music era (roughly 80s and back) that I've never even heard before that is just absolutely fucking mental. Whenever I start getting back into the groove of modern electronica, there's *always* something that pulls me back.

I'll give you a few examples:
Ashford & Simpson - Bourgie Bourgie
(Ugh, you can just let yourself get lost in it. The sort of song you close your eyes for because you don't want to risk any other senses distracting you from it.)

Gil Scott Heron - Angel Dust
(Just funky and soulful and kinda deep but kinda not.)

The Commodores - Machine Gun (yes, that IS Lionel Ritchie on the keyboard... when he was cool)
(Cottoned onto it after I heard Greg Wilson playing this edit of it on his Essential Mix. Was surprised to hear that the edit really didn't do a lot to the original. I obviously prefer the edit more, but it stuns me that something so uplifting and kind of "put your hands up in the air" disco-funky could have ever existed.)

Gah, so much rambling. Just ignore the words and click on the links :)

Well fuck. Made a much better mix than the last one except for one bit, I then tried to edit it via audacity so it wasnt so jarring. Thought it was done and uploaded this morning..
Got to work to listen to it via soundcloud and I listened to the first 4mins and thought "this sounds like a mess".. I then realizsed I had managed to overlay the last half with the first half. smh.

Atleast I learnt alot about audacity I guess..

miksushag

Got to work to listen to it via soundcloud and I listened to the first 4mins and thought "this sounds like a mess".. I then realizsed I had managed to overlay the last half with the first half. smh.

Atleast I learnt alot about audacity I guess..

Audacity seems to have a mind of its own. I tried it last fall and couldn't get it to do the things that I wanted, simple copy+pasteing seemed to impossible hahah. Sony's Soundforge or Goldwave (Free) work fine.

However, I'd recommend you to get Ableton. Yes it is a DAW, but the possibility of editing audio and using plugins, warping etc adds a lot. Especially if you master, limit, compress etc the whole mix.
Ableton's competitor Logic is also a good choice, I haven't got any personal experience of it since I'm not a mac user :)

joelparrett

Neo Member

JAMIE PRINCIPLE - YOUR LOVE
HERCULES - LOST IN THE GROOVE
PFUTURE - ACID TRACKS
TELEX - MOSKOW DISCO
PHASE 2 - REACHIN
EDDIE FLASHIN FOLKES - MACRO
KEVIN SAUNDERSON - E DANCER
S’EXPRESS - THEME FROM S’EXPRESS
CULTURAL VIBE - MA FOOM BEY
ELBEE BAD - NEW AGE HOUSE
RON HARDLY - BROODYMAN
WILL I AM/BRITNEY SPEARS - SCREAM AND SHOUT
BLAKE BAXTER - WHERE IS THE LOVE

thabiz

DJ Hyperactive - Slam Radio 021
Andre Morant - Grey Matter (orig mix)
Chris Colburn - Feelings
Andrei Morant - Tourista (orig mix)
Attemporal - Att3 (Rebekah Remix)
Consoless - DM88
Consoless - DM88b
Andrei Morant - Needle Nose (orig mix)
Flug - 1K (Truncate Ghetto Jack Remix)
Johannes Heil - Lifesigns Pt. 2
Markus Suckut - Vibrant
DJ Hyperactive - 25Hrs (Markus Suckut Remix)
Andre Morant - Late Night
Savas Pascalidis - Mechanic
DJ Hyperactive - Untitled
Mann - Jackin
Delic - Sustain You
Andre Morant - Trusses
Felix Lorusso - Blackblock
Flug - Mental Disorder
Markus Suckut - Shatter
Monya Music & Static Sense - Involved
Patrick Bateman - oxo (Woo York Remix)

Steve Rachmad - PoleGroup Radio Feb 8

DJ Psycho - Bwaanzhii-Niimiidiwin

Mark Hawkins - Djax Mix
1. Clementine &#8220;Cryptic Symphony&#8221; Djax-up-187/1993
2. Mike Dearborn &#8220;Feedback&#8221; Djax-Up-188/1993
3. Chicago Bad Boys &#8220;That Motherfucker&#8221; Djax-Up-271/1997
4. Robert Armani &#8220;Circus Bells (Hardfloor Remix)&#8221; Djax-Up-177/1993
5. DJ Skull &#8220;The Graveyard Orchestra&#8221; Djax-Up-224/1995
6. Robert Armani &#8220;Ambulance (Armando remix)&#8221; Djax-Up-177/1993
7. China White &#8220;Batteries Not Included&#8221; Djax-Up-167/1993
8. Pacou &#8220;Code 09&#8243; Djax-Up-20001-8/2000
9. Chicago Bad Boys &#8220;Groove Theory&#8221; Djax-Up-271/1993
10. DJ Rush &#8220;Maniac&#8221; Djax-Up-279/1997
11. Mark Hawkins &#8220;Remorse&#8221; Djax-Up-337/2001
12. DJ Rush &#8220;Stomp&#8221; Djax-Up-20001-8/2000
13. Edge Of Motion &#8220;Overvolt&#8221; Djax-Up-135/1992
14. Clementine &#8220;Head Nodder&#8221; Djax-Up-187/1993
15. DJ Rush &#8220;The Family (Justin Berkovi Remix)&#8221; Djax-Up-359/2003
16. Miss Djax &#8220;E-City&#8221; Djax-Up-LP 20/2005
17. Random XS &#8220;Zuur V.1.3 b&#8221; Djax-Up-243/1995
18. Stephen Brown &#8220;Afterlife&#8221; Djax-Up-302/1998
19. DJ Rush &#8220;The Family (Claude Young & Ian Elgen Remix)&#8221; Djax-Up-359/2003
20. DJ Rush &#8220;Frigid&#8221; Djax-Up-336/2001
21. DJ Rush &#8220;Djax Up Beat&#8221; Djax-Up-325/2000
22. DJ Rush &#8220;Rain Dance&#8221; Djax-Up-263/1996
23. DJ Rush &#8220;Control Yourself&#8221; Djax-Up-317/1999
24. Mark Hawkins &#8220;Habitual Kick&#8221; Djax-Up-379/2005
25. DJ Rush &#8220;DBX Warfair&#8221; Djax-Up-263/1996
26. DJ Rush &#8220;Too Many Shit Talkers&#8221; Djax-Up-375/2005
27. DJ Rush &#8220;Rubber Daddy&#8221; Djax-Up-381/2006
28. Sebastian Prelar &#8220;Pop Your Booty Out&#8221; Djax-Up-269/2004
29. DJ Skull &#8220;The Graveyard Orchestra (Marko Laine Remix)&#8221; Djax-Up-283/1997
30. Mark Hawkins &#8220;Mortality Reality&#8221; Djax-Up-379/2005

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
why? I know the quality isn't all that... but trust me the set is sick. :)

BTW I was never a Guetta fan until I see his live performance. Simply drugged up music lol.

Don't take it personally, some people in this thread just hate mainstream EDM. I personally enjoy it.

Speaking of which:

BT - Skylarking ; Pretty good uplifting trance, can't believe I missed his set at EDC Vegas last year. The breakdown at 4:00 is pretty great.

Jeremy Olander - Let Me Feel ; Good deep house from Pryda's label.

Zedd - Clarity (Walden Remix)

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Don't take it personally, some people in this thread just hate mainstream EDM. I personally enjoy it.

Speaking of which:

BT - Skylarking ; Pretty good uplifting trance, can't believe I missed his set at EDC Vegas last year. The breakdown at 4:00 is pretty great.

Jeremy Olander - Let Me Feel ; Good deep house from Pryda's label.

Zedd - Clarity (Walden Remix)

BT is awesome.

... as is everything on the soundtrack to Go! A film shown from different angles and perspectives of view & OPINION.

thabiz

BT is awesome.

... as is everything on the soundtrack to Go! A film shown from different angles and perspectives of view & OPINION.

052469ac-ac19-4661-bfed-b445f9f8dab7-PLUR_by_JoKeRWarez1.jpg

Audacity seems to have a mind of its own. I tried it last fall and couldn't get it to do the things that I wanted, simple copy+pasteing seemed to impossible hahah. Sony's Soundforge or Goldwave (Free) work fine.

However, I'd recommend you to get Ableton. Yes it is a DAW, but the possibility of editing audio and using plugins, warping etc adds a lot. Especially if you master, limit, compress etc the whole mix.
Ableton's competitor Logic is also a good choice, I haven't got any personal experience of it since I'm not a mac user :)

Ableton is pretty easy to just drop songs into a timeline and blend them together. I think it takes a lot work work setting up automation graphs (curve editing) to give a mix some life as if it was done the "real" way.

I made my neogaf holiday techno mix in Ableton.

Hmm will have to look into them! I just didnt want to re-record it all because I fucked up by not fading out one song as it finished sooner than expected and I was scrambling for another!

Its fixed now so its listen-able.
Got a feeling this post will put it at the bottom of the page though!

Heres hoping its not at the bottom of the page ..

Chille

Nicolas Jaar + Theatre Rosevelt- The Ego
Ifan Dafydd- To Me
Floating Points- Myrtyle Avenue
Nicolas Jaar- Marquises
????
Chopin- Nocturne in E-flat Major, opus 9 no.2, Piano Solo
James Blake- Once we all agree
Nicolas Jaar- Etre
Just Friends-Avalanche

I wonder if you can guess where I fucked up (the most haha!)
Pic is from goggling intelligent trap-step lol

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking flight phobia :/ Was keen to see Prydz a few years back, but he cancelled a festy appearance a few weeks out. What a cunt. If LNTG can get over it, Prydz should be able to.

Weak cunt.

Haha I remember reading about that. He says that to him getting on a plane is akin to being buried alive. The fact that he actually made the decision to move to the US still surprises me.

Solarstone & Clare Stagg - Jewel (Pure Mix)

Top Bottom