• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

DJ88

Wasn't sure about making a thread for this or not so I'm posting this here first.

Y100, a radio station here in Miami, is doing a DJ competition. Each entry is a quick 12 minute mix and the DJ with the most votes gets to play a 30 minute set live at the Ultra Music Festival next week!

I already have my friends and family helping, but if anyone here on GAF wants to help out with some votes it would be awesome. Maybe if it catches steam here I can make a thread. I doubt i'll win, but if it happened it would be a pretty damn big dream made reality. Who knows, maybe I can play a song at EDM GAF's request.

Here's the link to my entry:
http://y100.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=V&c=84806&s=32256903

thabiz

Atoms for Peace - Essential Mix (2013-03-09)
1. Chris Clark - The Pining Pt. 1 [Warp]
2. Doom & Thom Yorke/Jonny Greenwood - R Fren [Lex Records]
3. Luke Abbott - Brazil [Border Community]
4. Thom Yorke/Jonny Greenwood - Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses [_xurbia_xendless]
5. Redshape - Man Out Of Time (Major Space Dub) [Present Recordings]
6. Kuodede - Golf [Taxila]
7. Colleen Et Les Boites a Musique - Bicycle Bells [Leaf]
8. Shed - Day After [50 Weapons]
9. Thom Yorke - The Twist (Unfinished Section B)
10. Thom Yorke - Has Been
11. Macel Dettman - Ellipse [50 Weapons]
12. Luke Abbott - Modern Driveway [Border Community]
13. Radiohead - Give Up The Ghost (Thriller House Ghost Mix) [Ticker Tape]
14. Thom Yorke - Harrowdown Hill (C90 Mix)
15. Radiohead - The Gloaming
16. Boys Noize - Kill The Kid [Boysnoize]
17. Other Lives - Tamer Animals (Atoms For Peace Remix) [50 Weapons]
18. Radiohead - Harmonics Loop
19. Bad Autopsy - Ginmixer [Ramp]
20. Phon.o - Fukushima [50 Weapons]
21. Adolfo Coelho - Socana N'gam [Lusafrica]
22. Trim & Riko - Trousers
23. Apostrophi - Average Joe
24. Mr. Oizo - Stunt [Ed Banger Records]
25. Throwing Snow & Louis Vines - Too Polite [Local Action]
26. Steve Reich - It's Gonna Rain Pt. 1 (1965) [Nonesuch]
27. DJ Tre - Ping Pong Track [Skratch-A-Trak]
28. Aphex Twin - Cilonen [Rephlex]
29. DJ Slugo - Juke Me From The Back Low
30. Thom Yorke - The Drunkk Machine [XL]
31. Firefox & Glamour - Check Da Skills [Gold Philly Blunt Records]
32. Thom Yorke - The Hollow Earth [_xurbia_xendless]
33. Macc & DgoHn - Forget Stuff [Rephlex]
34. Wishmountain - Walkman [Antiphon]
35. Oneohtrix Point Never - I Only Have Eyes For You
36. Alex Cortex - Huyendo [Klang Elektronik]
37. Radiohead - Bloom (Jamie XX Club Remix) [_xurbia_xendless]
38. Abu Sultan - Your Love Made My Head Hurt [Sham Palace]
39. Diplo & Blaqstarr - Get Off (Rob 3 Remix) [Mad Decent]

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
dESEQV8.jpg

z0DGVdB.jpg

Si3H4Kx.jpg

... track-listings to follow SHORTLY, for the curious / IGNORANT.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
William Orbit - Montok Point, the rather brilliant track from the album Strange Cargo Hinterland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVlT1HIcIAM

... also used in a rather brilliant Cadbury's Celebrations advert set in a Japanese garden (!)

Reminds me now of Shenmue, and this video of Madonna's Ray Of Light also produced
by William Orbit haha

<3

Servbot24

Banned
I mean it's electronica for Grizzly Bear fans. Safe. Tame. Irrelevant. Still, perfectly listenable. Of course he has a few exceptional tracks but not nearly enough to make me care when I hear there's a new one.

/snoot

thabiz

I mean it's electronica for Grizzly Bear fans. Safe. Tame. Irrelevant. Still, perfectly listenable. Of course he has a few exceptional tracks but not nearly enough to make me care when I hear there's a new one.

/snoot

i dont think this falls onto Four Tet, but i get what your saying.

Techno for people that dont like Techno.

okno

/snoot

I see what you're getting at, but (clearly) respectfully disagree.

http://plug.dj/the-jamz/ Bored, home alone, making dinner, listening to music, if anyone feels like joining.

Shaneus

So, Greg Wilson was alright last night! Didn't set my world on fire like LNTG did, but was still pretty great. What was even better, was that I found out at the festival that was on earlier in the day, that GW was playing in a little faux-tavern promo joint for Jack Daniels! Which was great, because it gave me the opportunity to find out what time he was starting for his set that night What better way to find out what time someone is playing than to ask them personally? :D

Some songs I got onto during my absence. Hopefully they haven't been posted already:
The Sunburst Band - Where the Lights Meet the Music (Joey Negro dub)
Digitalism - Zdarlight (Chopstick & Johnjon remix)
Dino Lenny - West End Girls (Leon & Toky Aka Superhero Remix)
Teenage Mutants - Hanging On
Kid Culture - Something is Wrong With the Weather
Grass is Greener - Start Again (Teenage Mutants remix)

And in case you guys didn't catch it... JACQUES LU CONT HAS A SAMPLER UP FOR HIS YET TO BE RELEASED ALBUM!!!! It's pretty hot.

miksushag

Limited vinyl release my ass, here is the digital for you all!
VARIOUS - Think & Change LP (NONPLUS)
http://www.junodownload.com/products/think-change/2149359-02/
http://boomkat.com/downloads/665757-various-nonplus-think-and-change

1. Boddika & Joy Orbison : &Fate
2. LOWTEC : The Rhythm (Remix 2)
3. FOUR TET : For These Times
4. Boddika : Beats Me
5. PEARSON SOUND : Quivver
6. Endian : Straight Intention
7. KASSEM MOSSE : IP Mirrors
8. Instra:mental & dBridge : White Snares
9. MARTYN : Bad Chicago
10. Boddika & Joy Orbison : Mercy (Boddika VIP)
11. KASSEM MOSSE : Broken Patterns
12. SCB : Dissipate
13. BASIC SOUL UNIT : Untoward

Limited vinyl release my ass, here is the digital for you all!
VARIOUS - Think & Change LP (NONPLUS)
http://www.junodownload.com/products/think-change/2149359-02/
http://boomkat.com/downloads/665757-various-nonplus-think-and-change

Nice!

hang on isnt that missing that joy o tune? you know the one with the stupidly long name.

Edit: Yeah it is
The Vinyl, CD & Digital releases are all different. The digi and CD releases have the samplers included but they don't have BRTHDTT (Probably because of the sample), however the CD release has Skudge's Irie as a replacement.

gdt

Does Bicep have an album or EP out there? I love his/her/their music from the few songs I've heard.

I always prefer kicking back with a full length release as opposed to tracking down singles for some reason. Sort of a weird preference (and not terribly convenient when it comes to electronic music) but oh well.

I had the same problem. You just get used to it. Luckily, at least most of the time, "singles" are two track releases, so that eases up...a bit.

Bicep have a couple EPs out, plus a few singles. Don't forget the Say You Wanna EP (pure disco funk) which is on another page on their discogs, for some reason. Their best EP is their latest though....Vision of Love. The songs they've put out since then are awesome too...Feel It....Love Comedown....Mixxxmaster 88.

Nice easy monday morning music.
Roots of Mala vol.2

Mala - Pop Pop Epic
Mala - Da Wrath (Souljahz VIP mix)
Mala - Learn
Mala vs Johnny Clark - Sinners
Mala - Eyez VIP
Mala - New Life Baby Paris
Mala - City Cycle
Mala - Miracles
Mala - Education
Grace Jones - Love you to Life (Mala remix)
Mala - I Wait
Mala - Forgive
Mala - Mountain Dread March
Mala - Explorer
Fat Freddy's Drop - Cay's Crays (Digital Mystikz version)
Mala - Alicia

okno

Weird oversight to not include Tech House Tool on the digital version. That was the only track I wanted, too, so guess I'll be saving a couple dollars.

Weird oversight to not include Tech House Tool on the digital version. That was the only track I wanted, too, so guess I'll be saving a couple dollars.

Its on purpose, to give the vinyl buyers "extra" as such and to attempt to stop it getting rinsed by every bedroom DJ in the world. Stupid really as youll no doubt be able to "find" the rip a week after it comes out..

okno

Its on purpose, to give the vinyl buyers "extra" as such and to attempt to stop it getting rinsed by every bedroom DJ in the world. Stupid really as youll no doubt be able to "find" the rip a week after it comes out..

I get that, but it's still weird to me to include all but that one. It's already being rinsed to hell and back, as have a handful of the other tracks on the comp. it's just more artificial inflation bullshit, really.

Top Bottom