• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

thabiz

I think I gave the new Lusine a bad rap the first time around. Its pretty good. walking around downtown, it struck a cord. pretty solid album.

February is the shit!

Shaneus

Lusine live is boring as shit though. Even more annoying, the chick from Lusine kept dancing around the booth for 90% of Robert Babicz' fucking set. I remember it more clearly than what he played, to give an indication of just how much it got to me.

The Fanciulli remix of Two Dots is fucking stellar, though.

thabiz

never seen them live. It just caught my attention today. maybe it was the setting or the fact I was high as shit. who knows. some funky shit on there. I dismissed it pretty fast the first go.

I'd guess you'd say i had a moment today. profound shit.

im still high. disregard that.

Shaneus

Yeah, some of their stuff isn't bad, but acts should know how to program a live set for maximum energy potential.

And if you hadn't heard that track, here it is, ready linked in case you're not in a state to look for it ;)
Lusine - Two Dots (Nic Fanciulli remix)

And an older track I adore which is very similar IMO:
Bertie Blackman - Town of Sorrow (Mic Newman remix)

PS. I want to hear more about this moment. But only if you're open to it! If not, just keep riding that wave, brother :)

Shaneus

I remember thinking in that EDM thread... "big room DJ sets weren't that bad when I was getting into festivals and drugs and such... were they?". I now have proof.

They weren't.
(Download link. The link in the YT vid doesn't work :/)

Seriously, 2manydjs dropping so many fucking bombs in 2006 it's beyond ridiculous... and this is at a festival that's largely focused on "live" music (although they do have an area called "Boiler Room" for dance stuff). I've heard Switch's A Bit Patchy, Windowlicker, French Kiss, Buy Now/For Sale (remember when Angello & Ingrosso were good?) and too many others to name. Diverse, but still fucking on point and you can still hear the crowd lose their shit.

So, does that set qualify as "EDM"?

thabiz

Nina Kraviz - Live @ Secretsundaze Easter Thursday 28-03-2013

Hipp-E - Live at Mono>Stereo Summer Edition 8.18.2012 Let the man show you how its done.

Lady Blacktronika - B40 Mix002
Vanessa McMillian – Stay With Me (Tribal Dub)
Blackadiscomental – BalladaMada (Wa Djay!BaamBoolaMix)
Mike ‘Agent-X’ Clark – Deep In Da Heat
Sweeney Soulman T – I See How It Is (Original Mix)
Mission Control – Outta Limits (Shelter Mix)
Mattski – INSATIABLE (Mattski forgotten loops series1)
Lady Blacktronika – Nu House
John Mood – A Basement Romance (Kontra Remix)
Sweeney Soulman T – 4 Season

Hofmann

For the last couple of days I've been listening to Murcof's Martes - still sounds as fresh as ten years ago - with some breaks for Inc. and new Autechre.

lush

Happa - Karflo

from

Happa: Live At The Upfront Project
00.17 Goldffinch - The Beast
04.34 NT89 - Molecular
06:33 Adam Beyer & Lenk - Drum Code No.1 (Original Mix)
09.00 Clouds - Gang 49
12:13 Happa - Karflo
15.26 Karenn - Wideyed
18.19 Happa - It Has What You Lack
20:54 Minuszwei - sh004
22:41 Perc - Forge
25:51 Witch - A1
29:00 Unklone - Burial
32:50 Shadows - Where There Is Only Light
35:59 Happa - Multiple Of
38:27 The Fate of Thirty Eight - Paul Birken and Freddy Fresh
40:49 Kevin McPhee - Fax
42:48 Regis - White Stains Pt.2
44:45 J. Tijn - Squirtle Squad
48:40 Unknown - Unknown

Also, Mala doing Essential Mix this coming Friday.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
us-0412-460414-142999-back.jpg

I'm hitting this up next week, should be a fun time. Don't really know much about these artists though, need to look up some stuff.

baphomet

This may not be the best place to ask, but the only related thread was pretty old that I could find. Been trying to identify this song for years. Emailed the person who put the trailer together shortly after it was released and he couldn't remember. If anyone can identify this song I'd be eternally greatful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0hy8tQtJm8

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
us-0412-460414-142999-back.jpg

I'm hitting this up next week, should be a fun time. Don't really know much about these artists though, need to look up some stuff.

I posted a Joris Voorn set up above but it's a bit uncharacteristic from what he usually plays (it's a lot more banging)... Vorn and Squillace usually play deep tech house with a bit of straight-up techno. I've seen them a few times and have had an enjoyable time...

miksushag

okno

I posted a Joris Voorn set up above but it's a bit uncharacteristic from what he usually plays (it's a lot more banging)... Vorn and Squillace usually play deep tech house with a bit of straight-up techno. I've seen them a few times and have had an enjoyable time...

You'll like it, ilnadmy, although the Highline Ballroom is a shit venue for house or techno. Saw Gaiser and Hawtin spin there two years ago and left early due to the sound (and it was just a boring night.) Expect to pay out of your ass for drinks, too. Security can also be dicks.

Went to Output for my first time on Friday for Efdemin, Tobias, and Marcel Fengler and I'm still recovering from it. The sound in that place is unreal, absolutely phenomenal sound design in there. The venue itself, though, is totally wack. $3 MANDATORY coat check, for starters. Security every two feet, bathrooms are hilariously designed and you have to pay to dry off your hands, the snarkiest bartenders I've ever dealt with, and the security are just complete jerks. If a group of people would stand in a circle to talk, they would hover over them waiting for a drug deal to go down so they could bust them. Newsflash: friends like to talk together when going out. That said, the music was incredible. Efdemin killed it, I had the biggest smile on my face the entire time. Tobias was *ridiculous*. It was so amazing hearing Clapper and October - My Left Tool (Tobias Remix) played out. Fengler was weak, though, just played standard Berghain techno with no character to it.

Sorry about the rambling texts, biz. I may have ingested a small (large) amount of molly towards the end of the night.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Ooh thanks, I'll check out the set you posted. Listened to some of his soundcloud sets while I was playing League of Legends just now and I liked it.

You'll like it, ilnadmy, although the Highline Ballroom is a shit venue for house or techno. Saw Gaiser and Hawtin spin there two years ago and left early due to the sound (and it was just a boring night.) Expect to pay out of your ass for drinks, too. Security can also be dicks.

Hmm I hope the sound system doesn't suck next week. And I'm used to paying out of the ass for drinks in Manhattan lol.

Shaneus

Went to Output for my first time on Friday for Efdemin, Tobias, and Marcel Fengler and I'm still recovering from it. The sound in that place is unreal, absolutely phenomenal sound design in there. The venue itself, though, is totally wack. $3 MANDATORY coat check, for starters. Security every two feet, bathrooms are hilariously designed and you have to pay to dry off your hands, the snarkiest bartenders I've ever dealt with, and the security are just complete jerks. If a group of people would stand in a circle to talk, they would hover over them waiting for a drug deal to go down so they could bust them. Newsflash: friends like to talk together when going out. That said, the music was incredible. Efdemin killed it, I had the biggest smile on my face the entire time. Tobias was *ridiculous*. It was so amazing hearing Clapper and October - My Left Tool (Tobias Remix) played out. Fengler was weak, though, just played standard Berghain techno with no character to it.

Sorry about the rambling texts, biz. I may have ingested a small (large) amount of molly towards the end of the night.
Damn, that place sounds like shit. Thankfully Melbourne doesn't have places anywhere near as bad as that, despite having our fair share of self-entitled security :/

PS. Bit jelly on your last point, too... shit is hard to find down here. Stupid isolated continent.

What are folks' opinions on Oliver's MYB EP? I feel like it's a more bangin' sort of italo-house sound than some of their earlier more disco-ish original and remix work. Not sure how to feel about that; it's good, but I love their old material.

okno

Damn, that place sounds like shit. Thankfully Melbourne doesn't have places anywhere near as bad as that, despite having our fair share of self-entitled security :/

PS. Bit jelly on your last point, too... shit is hard to find down here. Stupid isolated continent.

I'll be going back, the sound is absolutely worth it and they have been getting some really killer DJs. And you get to keep Late Nite Tuff Guy :p

And yeah, we're pretty lucky when it comes to that stuff. It's evvvvveryyyywherrrrrre, and cheap, and good. I haven't done it in nearly a year (I think? I forget the last time I did it,) so it was a really cool experience. Met a dude from Berlin who kept trying to take me into the bathroom to do coke with him, which was hilarious. He eventually got kicked out, but at one point he jumped onto the speaker stacks and did this weird jello man dance while SCREAMING "whoooooooo" at the top of his lungs. The place turned into a proper party around 3am, with girls on the speakers and people dancing on the railings on the upper level.

Kinda want that PS4 controller, hah.

gdt

This may not be the best place to ask, but the only related thread was pretty old that I could find. Been trying to identify this song for years. Emailed the person who put the trailer together shortly after it was released and he couldn't remember. If anyone can identify this song I'd be eternally greatful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0hy8tQtJm8

Not really related to your post...but god I hate this stuff. DnB right? I need some melodies to hold on to. Footwork isn't my thing either really.

Shaneus

I'll be going back, the sound is absolutely worth it and they have been getting some really killer DJs. And you get to keep Late Nite Tuff Guy :p

And yeah, we're pretty lucky when it comes to that stuff. It's evvvvveryyyywherrrrrre, and cheap, and good. I haven't done it in nearly a year (I think? I forget the last time I did it,) so it was a really cool experience. Met a dude from Berlin who kept trying to take me into the bathroom to do coke with him, which was hilarious. He eventually got kicked out, but at one point he jumped onto the speaker stacks and did this weird jello man dance while SCREAMING "whoooooooo" at the top of his lungs. The place turned into a proper party around 3am, with girls on the speakers and people dancing on the railings on the upper level.
Bastard. I need to come to the US.

Okay, here's an idea. If I took a few weeks off work (have arseloads of long service leave AND annual leave), where and when is the best place to go? Regular club nights, festivals, whatever. I'm over trying to decide which place has the best attractions or scenery, I think I just want to go out in a completely different place for a week or two (or more).

Not really related to your post...but god I hate this stuff. DnB right? I need some melodies to hold on to. Footwork isn't my thing either really.

Technically, that's breakcore. It's kind of like drum & bass on crack. There's plenty of melodic D&B out there.

Top Bottom