• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Shaneus

Indeed, but maybe ALL DJs can play with a bag over their head in the future.
4M0784a.jpg

I just read that Daft Punk isn't actually going to be performing at this event, so I'm not really sure what they're planning.
Well, they're playing/streaming (or whatevering) it... and three days before the official launch of the album. My guess is that it'll probably get leaked before then anyway, but if they're selling/giving away tickets it could be worth my while trying to get some, even if I don't go (could be a good souvenir).

PS. This page starts off with a pic of a Soulwax/2manydjs cover. How appropriate (and awesome) :D

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Ho-leee crap at the new Sandwell District Fabric mix:

Silent Servant – A Path Eternal (1:58)
Function – Voiceprint (Loop/Edit) (0:52)
VCMG – Spock (Regis Remix) (Loop/Edit) (0:33)
Boyd Rice / Frank Tovey – Extraction 7 (0:39)
Raime – Exist In The Repeat Of Practice (1:47)
Ike Yard – Loss (Regis Version) (4:53)
Vatican Shadow – Church Of All Images (Regis Version) (1:00)
Fiedel – Andreas (Bonus Beats) (2:44)
Cub – CU2 (UST Funk Mix) (0:16)
Mary Velo – Detune (4:20)
JPLS – Basis (2:08)
Rrose – Wedge (0:46)
Ø – Syväys (0:55)
Rrose – Wedge (2:03)
Function – Modifier (2:16)
Carl Craig – Darkness (3:11)
Markus Suckut – Hunt (3:54)
Samuel Kerridge – Waiting For Love Part 1 (2:38)
Untold – Motion The Dance (5:34)
Surgeon – As You Breathe Here Now (3:09)
Mark Ernestus – Mark Ernestus Meets BBC (1:48)
Plastikman – Plasticine (3:05)
Trevino – Uptight (2:43)
VCMG – Spock (Regis Remix) (2:58)
Planetary Assault Systems – Flat Tire (3:43)
Factory Floor – 16-2-16-9-20-1-14-9-7 (1:49)
James Ruskin – Into A Circle (2:32)
SS/S – Sicario de Dios: Siglo 2 (1:08)
Laurent Garnier – At Night (4:41)
Function – Voiceprint (Reprise) (5:37)

miksushag

Oh christ, stupid country restrictions. Could someone explain what is the logic behind putting country restrictions to digital downloads? I don't get it.

thabiz

D-Bridge - RA.358
Kryptic Minds - Burnt To Ashes - Exit Records
dBridge - Beg, Steal & Borrow - Exit Records
Dub Phizix - Yukon - Exit Records
Loxy & Resound - Residual Move - Exit Records
Ruffhouse - Greyscale - Exit Records
Consequence & Fis - Untitled - Exit Records
CMX ft dBridge - Tesserae - Exit Records
Instra:mental & dBridge - White Snares - Nonplus Records
Dan HarbarNam - The Rendering Of Garlic Boy (Loxy & Resound Remix) - Cylon Recordings
dBridge - I Know - Exit Records
Skeptical - Another World VIP - Exit Records
Abstract Element - Acid Coke - Dub
dBridge - OnO - Exit Records
Loxy & Resound - Thin Ice (Skeptical Remix) - Exit Records
Joe Seven - Juiced - Exit Records
Ruffhouse - Untitled - Dub
dBridge - Without Sound - Exit Records
Wraetlic - Better The Devil (dBridge Advocate Mix) - Convex Industries
dBridge, Indigo & Synkro - Untitled - Exit Records
Clarity - Constant - Exit Records
Loxy & Resound - Black Hole VIP - Exit Records

G Man - Dark Side Mix
1. Realmz " slipping into a dream"
2. G-Man " g-beatz 1"
3. Northern Structures " Session 4 "
4. Northern Structures "session 3 "
5. Diagenetic Origin "sacred"
6. Realmz " re-work" original mix.
7. Adam-x "diversion to Bangor"
8. G-Man " g-beatz 2 "
9. Diagenetic Origin " Blossom "
10. Adam-x " Navigational structure"
11. Realmz " Chamber 2 "
12. Conde Cero " Beauty"
13. Groof " Pull"
14. Leandro Gamez " Note Mode"
15. Aitor Molina " never saw the paradis "
16.Angel Costa "sintal"

Shaneus

Late Night Tuff Guy - Tuff Cut #001
http://www.juno.co.uk/products/481072-01.htm?highlight=LATE NITE TUFF GUY

Received this one this afternoon, that 'Bless The Rains' is simply mindblowingly awesome fun stuff. It is the kind of tune that you play out to a crowd and rip your shirt and tears are flowing from your eyes hahah.
Got mine ages ago... still don't really dig his work on that Toto track, especially compared to most of his other tracks. The highlight of that vinyl though by far is My Body's On Fire.

gdt

The George Fitzgerald and Scuba remixes of Beam Me Up are so good. That hook is just so catchy, digs right into your head. I thought it was only ok on first listen.

Have I missed much? Hoping I can get access to a laptop/etc to get James Blake's album when I reach Bangkok this weekend.

Randomly got to dj infront 20 odd people at a bar last night in Kandy, Sri lanka.

Went in for a drink and saw a vinyl/Cd setup with loads of records, chatted to the manager who was english and asked to look through them after eating, he was playing and after 10 mins he grabs me and says
"Off you go!"

Played the only 3 vague songs I recognised
(Some Voodoo ray remix, pryda and a moodyman song)
Was fun :)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
sandwell district's fabric is a snoozefest. very disappointed.

Diff'rent strokes, I guess. This hits nicely on most of the aspects I want from electronic music, and I was kind of surprised you bothered with it since the track list didn't strike me as the style you usually go for.

thabiz

Diff'rent strokes, I guess. This hits nicely on most of the aspects I want from electronic music, and I was kind of surprised you bothered with it since the track list didn't strike me as the style you usually go for.

style i usually dont go for? wtf?

as for the mix, its a weak mix. no peaks or valleys. just the same meandering beat for 70 min. its 2007 all over again.

Shaneus

I hate you? Don't care about Barem, but Ellen and Move D are aaaaaaaaces.

I love to sneak in Push into a set. That part towards the end where the beats kicks in amazing. 'Stadtkind' is such a great record.
To be honest, I'm not at all familiar with Ellen and Move D's stuff... just Jimpsters. Best part about this is, is that I got 3x tickets for this (as well as 3x tickets for Kraviz in a few weeks) in lieu of the 5x Maceo Plex tickets I had before he pulled out last year. Woo!

Edit: That Push track... christ almighty, that's nuts. It's on a Robag-level of wackiness. Man, I wish I wasn't going to be sober tonight :(

okno

To be honest, I'm not at all familiar with Ellen and Move D's stuff... just Jimpsters. Best part about this is, is that I got 3x tickets for this (as well as 3x tickets for Kraviz in a few weeks) in lieu of the 5x Maceo Plex tickets I had before he pulled out last year. Woo!

They're both pure class. If you like Jimpster, you'll like them, although Ellen can be *really* weird depending on the mood she's in. Since she's playing alongside Jimp and Move D, I'm sure she'll reign in her inner demons and play more approachable stuff, but I hope not ;) She's pretty creative behind the decks, and in the studio. I recommend checking out 'Berlinette' and 'Stadtkind' at some point.

thabiz

Tonight Levon Vincent @ Helsinki, Finland - gonna go. Has anyone seen him live, how is he?

depends on the night. he can be super funky, or sleep inducing. technically hes good and has a flow, usually on the uptempo tech house tip.

havent seen him in a couple of years, so im not sure what hes spinning these days.

miksushag

depends on the night. he can be super funky, or sleep inducing. technically hes good and has a flow, usually on the uptempo tech house tip.

havent seen him in a couple of years, so im not sure what hes spinning these days.

Ok, love his original productions and that fabricmix cd by him was one of the highlights for 2012 imo. He has his own style for sure.

Shaneus

Move D was kind of boring and inconsistent (no real flow or vibe... Love Story? Really?) but Barem is smashing the hell out of it right now. Highly recommended, if his prods are anywhere near as good as his sets.

Still yet to hear Jimpster or Allien, it's a long night

Shaneus

Yeah, not great... mostly because of scheduling, no way you should have someone like him starting at 3:30. Shame.

Ellen Allien doing alright, too. Not as wacky as I expected, but still left of centre for this kind of crowd.

okno

Sucks that Move wasn't in his element. He's usually pretty reliable. Surprised to hear Barem did so well, but I haven't listened to his stuff since his debut album on M_nus which was pretty predictable M_nus minimal tech-house, never liked his work at all.

Shaneus

Yeah, was definitely a bit over the shop. I'd never heard anything of Barem before so I guess anything he did exceeded expectations! Jimpster... yeah. Would've liked what he played at ~midnight, but at 3:30am that shit just doesn't fly at all. Allien started off okay, but her mixing turned to shit REALLY quickly.

Below average night, sadly :/

thabiz

with that lineup, im not shocked. little at Move, like okno said. usually on point.

ellen has always been a terrible dj. absolute rubbish.

Shaneus

Yeah, honestly I had no idea what to expect out of any of them. Well, I was hoping Jimpster was a little better, but I'd never seen him live before. And we all know that being a good producer doesn't always = being a good DJ (inverse almost 100%).

Still, Nina Kraviz coming up soon. Optimo next Fri in my local town (yay! No 1-hour drives!) as well, kinda looking forward to that too.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I FEEL SO GOOD BITCHES. I NEVER SAY THIS EVER BUT FUCK MAINSTREAM EDM RIGHT NOW.

Don't tell anyone I said that lol. I still love you Prydz.

Top Bottom