• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Shaneus

Ahaha, I love this thread when that occasional sort of stuff happens! I wish I was in a position where I could get good gear AND see a good act. The former is far, FAR less frequent than the latter :/

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I can't listen to it right now Shaneus but your taste is impeccable.

In other news Joris Voorn is fucking killing it. My friend who likes W&W and Krewella is not enjoying himself lol. Fuck him.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Well I had to leave since my friends got bored. Hanging out with dudes that have girlfriends is kinda boring sometimes lol.

On the plus side I got a cool, pretty girl's number. :) I'll have to hit up more parties at Highline Ballroom, apparently all their Friday parties go until 6 am, and the crowd is pretty great.

Shaneus

I can't listen to it right now Shaneus but your taste is impeccable.
In regards to... how good I think the sample of the new DP track is? I'm sure there are people that won't like it, but from a pop/dancefloor perspective I think it's nigh-on perfect. I'm hoping against hope that this is the song (and album) that steers us away from the harsh, sterile synth sounds that dominate every commercial dancefloor and we see some good, old-fashioned, innocent, unpretentious dance music hit the charts. The stuff that doesn't necessarily make you put your hands in the air or gurn your teeth as that drop hits... I'm talking about the shit that makes you groove like you don't give a shit, sing like no-one's watching and just have a big, friendly smile on your face.

In other news Joris Voorn is fucking killing it. My friend who likes W&W and Krewella is not enjoying himself lol. Fuck him.
I secretly love it when I'm enjoying good music and people can't stand it. Example: Saw Aphex Twin at a festival last year. All bar one of my mates were loving it, the other guy just kept on saying he didn't like it at all. But I could tell... it wasn't that he didn't like it, just that it was doing his head in something fierce :D

holy generic funk batman.
Whatever gets the kids away from shitty electro. If Daft Punk gets funky house tracks played on commercial dancefloors again (and banishes the likes of Swedish House Mafia to everyone's "I can't believe I enjoyed that shit" list) then it doesn't matter how generic it is... as long as it's well put together. And naturally, they've nailed the shit out of it.

okno

I FEEL SO GOOD BITCHES. I NEVER SAY THIS EVER BUT FUCK MAINSTREAM EDM RIGHT NOW.

Don't tell anyone I said that lol. I still love you Prydz.

Ahaha. Hahaha. Hahahahaha. Ahahah. Hah. Ha.

:(

So hungover, this post makes me want to puke. Glad you had a good time! We'll have to meet up at one of these parties sometime.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah for sure, let me know if there's anything worth going to. My next concert is EDC NY in a month, don't think I've got anything lined up before then.

Shaneus

Spiritchaser is close enough to Spirit Catcher, giving me the perfect excuse to post this:
Kirk Digiorgio pres. Esoterik - Starwaves (Spirit Catcher's Time Modulator remix)

Discovered this track completely by accident (used to download "vinyl rip packs" that were ~4gb and were just massive EP collections) and it's been in my top 5 tracks of all time since, no question.

I remember when one night I went to one of the clubs in my town as it was winding down for the night, and the DJ who I was good mates with happened to have it on his laptop because it was part of Beatport's 10 year anniversary free download pack. He'd never heard it before (and was surprised that he had it!) but played it anyway.

Ugh, nothing beats hearing hit in a club (or live, from when they toured Australia a year or two after it came out :D).

Play
Mala - Essential Mix on Radio1 - 13-apr-2013

Posting from a hotel in Bangkok, tut tut gaf.
tracklist

mark pritchard - unknown
augustus pablo - east of the river nile
little roy - hurt not the earth
dennis brown - promised land
bob marley - running away
Rhythm & Sound - Friend
aly & robbie - shabby attack
mala & aimbad - noche suenos
ballaké sissoko & toumani diabaté - bafoulabe
mala - body clock delay
mala & sgt. pokes - answer me
quest - dubfoot
mala- lean forward
silkie - neckback
mala - blue notez
coki - intergalactic
loefah - punisher
mala - torn at the roots
coki - serious
coki - coral reef
fat freddy's drop - cays crays (digital mystikz remix)
compa - alpha
pinch - swish (distance remix)
mala - miracles
las - tic
mala - changuito
mala - cuba electronica
loefah - disco rekka
tunnidge - twenty12
kromestar - jedeye
kode9 - 9 samourai
swindle - last minute googie
mala - anti-war dub (VIP)
mala - changes (james blake remix)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Haxan Cloak's new RA mix is probably even more satisfying than his album was.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/podcast-episode.aspx?id=359
Otto Luening and Vladimir Ussachevsky - Incantation for Tape
Sun Ra - Imagination
Finn McNicholas - Why I Hate the Sea
Autechre + The Hafler Trio - Hae3
Burning Star Core and Prurient - Wheel of Fortune (Haxan Cloak edit)
Burning Star Core and Prurient - Hydrophiiac (Haxan Cloak edit)
ø - Olematon
Kevin Drumm - Snow (Haxan Cloak edit)
Halim el-Dabh - Wire Recorder Piece
Nine Inch Nails - At the Heart of it All
Sunn O))) - Richard (Haxan Cloak edit)
Boards of Canada - June 9th (Haxan Cloak edit)
Plastikman - Consumed
Meira Asher & Guy Harries - Torture/Bodyparts
Joy O - Wade in
AFX - Mangle 11 (circuit bent VIP Mix)
Chris Clark - Glen Velez remix
Folk Implosion - Raise the Bells

Divius

Disclosure Announce Debut Album, Settle

FISbAXt.jpg

Disclosure, the pair of producer brothers currently putting their stamp on UK electronic music, have announced their debut album. The record, Settle, will be out on June 3 through PMR Records. In the meanwhile, a new single called "You & Me" will be available for purchase on April 28. It features vocals from Eliza Doolittle. src

gdt

Thats a bad fucking ass cover. This should be great. White Noise is a great balance of mainstream and not.

Latch is a little too.......commercial though.

okno

gdt, your Legowelt talk got me on a bit of a kick. Just got myself a copy of Gilga which is just absolutely *brutally* good. Not a single bad track on it, get it if you can! Miroku, don't sleep on this one, either.

Top Bottom