• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

gdt

New Disclosure track. Sounds good. I think they did it live, vocals are a bit..well live.

F For You

Same for You Used To Hold Me.....and You and Me. All live.

Edit: They're doing the backing vocals on You and Me...sound great.

New Mount Kimbie song sucks.

Edit: They did an actual cover of You Used To Hold Me....new vocals and everything. So that hasss to come out somewhere....probably Japan bonus track.

Shaneus

GQCciRz.jpg

FABKcXo.jpg

I don't care what the album's like, the package as a whole is badarse.

Shaneus

So this is pretty fucking cool:
30hhsl7.jpg

http://soundcloud.com/late-nite-tuff-guy/jamiroquai-too-young-to-die

I wasn't a massive fan of it, TBH (and doubted it could win, even though I didn't listen to the competition)... but it's *massive* exposure for LNTG.

We're very pleased to announce the winner of the 'Too Young To Die' remix competition. It's Cam Bianchetti, better known by his artist name, Late Night Tuff Guy. He says', "First of all I am a big fan of Jamiroquai. I continue to play their tracks as part of my DJ sets.'Too Young To Die' is a real favourite, so when i heard of the competition i immediately jumped on board. I wanted to give it a smooth R'n'B/Soul kinda feel, at the same time keeping the true essence of the track, and what was beautiful and inspiring to me already. "

He wins a great prize fund, including prizes from Ableton, Loopmasters, Sound On Sound, Soundcloud, Dynaudio, TC Electronic and Novation.

Cam, based in Australia, is about to embark on a Late Nite Tuff Guy DJ tour of Europe and the UK. We wish him luck and congratulations on such a great remix. We haven't stopped groovin' to it yet!
http://www.jamiroquai.com/news;news/10424/Winner-Of-The-Remix-Competition-Late-Nite-Tuff-Guy

Pacbois

Man, the new Mount Kimbie is so good... I want the whole album right now. And that Disclosure live session was great. You Used To Hold Me is massive and even You and Me sounds great live. Can't wait to see them live.

gdt

XLR8R 7.5 strikes again. I haven't even heard the EP yet so I have no opinion on it.

I'm gonna go through their reviews, and see how big a percentage 7.5 scores take up. I just find it funny.

okno

XLR8R 7.5 strikes again. I haven't even heard the EP yet so I have no opinion on it.

I'm gonna go through their reviews, and see how big a percentage 7.5 scores take up. I just find it funny.

Haha, I love that you noticed this, because it's totally true. I'd love to see what you find out.

thabiz

Lee Reynolds - Live @ Tropical Hearts

Mark Broom - Elek Mix Up

I-Robots - Different World Podcast 18

Dave Clarke - Fuse 19 Years 2013
Sleeparchive - 3 (Tresor - Tresor 260)
Regis - Speak To Me (Downwards - LINO008)
Christopher Just - I'm A Disco Dancer (Dave Clarke Remix) (International Deejay Gigolo Records - GIGOLO 08)
Gene Farris - It's the Underground (Cajual Records - CAJ350)
Dj Rush - She's Fine (Gary Beck Remix) (BEK Audio - BEK014)
Armando - Downfall (The Advent Pay Your Respect Remix) (Slap Jaxx - SLAPX010)
Bobmo - Hardbells (Strip Steve & Das Glow Remix) (BNR Trax - BNRTRAX006)
Skyman I - Focus (Dance Mania - DM 058)
Dj Rush - Sex Me All Night Long (Charlie Hall Remix) (Pro-Jex - PROXLP4)
Dj Nehpets - Acid Reflux (Public Housing - PH002)
Dj Nasty - Krispy (Motor City Electro Company - MCEC114)
Dave Clarke - The Wiggle (Bonus Old School Remix) (Skint Records - DEVILS004)
Dave Clarke - Southside (12" Extended Version) (Deconstruction - SOUTH 001)
Disco D - Fuck Me On The Dancefloor (Acapella) (Rapster Records - RR0011)
Dave Clarke - Southside (12" Extended Version) (Deconstruction - SOUTH 001)
Green Velvet Feat. Russoul - Millie Vanillie (Dub) (Relief - RR 2047)
Levi Verspeek - Hurken (Rolf Mulder Remix) (The Public Stand - TPS 009)
Gary Beck - Video Siren (CDr)
Fred Hush & Noseda - A Joke That Kills (Green Velvet Remix) (Relief Records - RR2059)
Club M.C.M. - Club M.C.M. (K.A. Happy Mixx) (Rhythm Beat - RB 203)
The Shamen - Ebeneezer Goode (South Of Detroit Instrumental) (One Little Indian - 78TP12)
Miss Nicky Trax - Acid In The House (Koas Dance Records - KAOS 004)
Clouds - Consciousness (Turbo - TURBO 129)
Bas Mooy - Kneel (Perc Trax - TPTDIGI058)
Octave One - New Life (Unsubscribe Remix) (430 West - 4W620)
Da Posse - The Groove (Future Records - FR-1)
Green Velvet - War On The Saints (Relief - RR2024)
Dj Hyperactive - Wide Open (Len Faki Dj-Edit) (Figure - FIG40)
Dj Funk - Run (UK Extended Mix) (Pro-Jex - PROX014)
Anthony Rother - Back Home (Datapunk - DTP 1-6)
Tom Trago feat. Tyree Cooper - What You Do (Unsubscribe Remix 1) (CDr)
Marc Romboy & Ken Ishii - Taiyo (Unsubscribe Remix By Dave Clarke & Mr Jones) (Systematic - SYSTBOX3-3)
Steve Poindexter - Work That Mutha Fucker (Muzique Records - MR-001)
Nitro Deluxe - The Brutal House (Cutting Records - CR-210)
Midfield General - Coatnoise (Dave Clarke Remix) (Skint - SKINT62)
Renato Cohen - Power (Sino - SINO19)
Adán & Ilse - Swallow You All (David Carretta Remix) (Space Factory - 41782)
The Neon Judgement - Fashion Party (Play It Again Sam Records - BIAS 70)
CWS - Somewhere Else (Makaton's The Reckoning Mix) (Singularity Recordings - SIN022)
Dave Clarke - Wisdom To The Wise (Steve Rachmad Dub) (Boysnoize Records - BNR102)
The Hacker - Black Hole (White Noise - WHITE NOISE 010)
Malik Alston & Ray 7 - I.D.F.D.F.I. (Truth Manifest - TMR-007)
Unsubscribe - Spek Hondje (Vox Spek Hondje) (Houndstooth - HTH 004)
Dimi Angélis & Jeroen Search - Monopole (A&S - A&S 001)
Trio - Da Da Da (I Don't Love You You Don't Love Me Aha Aha Aha) (Mercury - 6005 199)
Dave Clarke - Wisdom To The Wise (A.Mochi Re-Edit) (Boysnoize Records - BNR102)
Aux 88 - I Need To Freak (Direct Beat - DB4W-022)
Dave Clarke - Wisdom To The Wise (A.Mochi Re-Edit) (Boysnoize Records - BNR102)
Laurent X - Machines (Paul Mac Basic Edit) (CDr)
Al Ferox - Doom Planet 2013 (CDr)
Nitzer Ebb - Control I'm Here (Strategic Dancefloor Initiative Remix) (Mute - L12MUTE71)
Mr. Jones - Black Rainbow (Black Asteroid Remix) (The Public Stand - TPS012)
Split Enz - The Choral Sea (Mushroom - L37167)
Mr. Jones - Three Dozen (A-Brothers Black Carpet Remix) (Mixtape Records - MXTR 020)
Two Withouth Hats - Try Yazz (Loca Dub #) (Music Man - MMPT 12008)
Hugo Moya - Move (Relief Records - RR2022)
Cajmere & Wayne Williams - Acid House (Cajual Records - CAJ335)
Black Asteroid - Black Acid (Perc Remix) (Electric Deluxe - EDLX029)
Mr. Jones - Hyperfunk (Mixtape Records - MXTR 020)
Ritzi Lee - 7th Contact (Fuse Mix) (CDr)
Robert Armani - Ambulance (Dance Mania - DM 041)
AnD - 001 (AnD - AnD 001)
Unsubscribe - Untitled (CDr)
Space DJz - Grey Matter (Mark Broom Remix) (Recode Musik - RMR013)
Normann Gravis - Shuffle The Cards (Asyncron Recordings - AS001)
Dj Surgeles - 28.000 Light Years (Jeroen Search Remix 2) (Nasty Temper Records - NTR004)
Pilo - Ubstraktion (Jazz Yo Self Mix) (Twin Turbo - TT 014)
Mory Kanté - Yé Ké Yé Ké (The Afro Acid Remix) (London - LONX 170)
Angel Alanis - Tube (Trust The Machine Remix) (Slap Jaxx - SLAPX035)
Outlander - Vamp (Mike Humphries Remix) (CDr)

BeeDog

What the fuck, MPIA3 is ending?

:'(((((((( and I JUST got home with the new Matt Whitehead vinyl which includes his last(?) remix.

Shaneus

I haven't paid much attention to The Crystal Method recently, but this isn't great news:
Many months ago I started experiencing short, but painful headaches. Thinking they were related to too many flights (or one too many flights of tequila), I didn’t think too much about it, but during my annual checkup I mentioned the headaches to my doctor. She recommended a brain MRI. Scary, but No big deal, right???

Well, thankfully no tumors, but the MRI did find something called a ‘benign posterior fossa arachnoid cyst,’ which normally would be left alone and monitored with future MRIs. That diagnosis worked for me because Ken and I were busy putting the finishing touches on our self-titled studio album that would be followed up by a big summer tour.

I was referred to the very talented University of Southern California brain surgeon Dr. Chen, who evaluated the diagnosis and explained that complications with my cyst could arise due to my tendency to get a little excited on stage. He recommended surgery.

A date was set for extraction of said cyst and on April 11, 2013, I was given a dose of the ‘good stuff.’ A few hours later I came to with a well-sutured hole four-and-a-half inches long in the back of my head and a pain that was only appeased by a round of pharmies. After a few days in the hospital, I got to go home and a week later I felt good enough to join Ken in the studio for a couple of hours on two consecutive days. Some of you might have seen the picture on our Facebook page.

Just when I thought I was on the mend, I contracted an infection and, due to complications, I ended up back in the hospital where I spent most of my next 10 days in ICU dealing with a painful lumbar spinal drain, aka a ‘Spinal Tap.’

Pain that seemed to be set on 11 held me hostage for the first 24 hours. The line from the movie Spinal Tap—"Given the history of Spinal Tap drummers, uh, in the past, do you have any fears, uh, for your life?"—made me laugh a few times, but all in all it was not fun.

Finally, this past week I got home to my wonderful family and a healthy supply of antibiotics that automatically dose me every four hours intravenously, and will continue to do so for the next few weeks.

I'm itching to get back in the studio and finish mixing the last two tracks for what is an amazing record with Ken, but I recognize my need to rest until I get the thumbs up for a return to work from Dr. Chen.

I can’t tell you how frustrating it is for me that my health has made us postpone the release of the new record and cancel a summer full of amazing shows. But I am fully intending to be back in the studio in a couple of weeks with Ken, and our agents are starting to work on putting together new shows for the fall.

Love you all and Keep Hope Alive,
Scott

GhaleonQ

I'm rather obsessed with Japanese and Russian/ex-Soviet countries' output, so let me plug an album that was released yesterday by Fuselab (considering upcoming Moa Pillar, Monokle, Galun, and Ishome, it's the label of the year for me right now).

Ishome's Confession is such a breakthrough for her. I love Nina Kraviz and all, but I appreciate that Ishome doesn't market herself on her attractiveness. The album's a lovely survey of the various electronic genres.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUIG8P8bvSQ http://fuselab.bandcamp.com/album/confession

I haven't paid much attention to The Crystal Method recently, but this isn't great news:

Oof. At least he has intellectual clarity right now.

Shaneus

Oof. At least he has intellectual clarity right now.
Yup. I'm also kinda glad it happened because otherwise I wouldn't have known they were doing a new album. I don't think I've bothered tracking anything of theirs down since... um... that album with Born Too Slow on it (that's if they've actually done anything since that was released). Saw them live once, fucking rocked it, but couldn't watch the whole thing because New Order was playing on another stage.

Vegas still has to be one of my favourite electronic albums of all time. Has a very specific sound, but doesn't have a filler track on it. Doesn't really sound all that dated either, IMO.

Edit: HOLY FUCKING SHIT. The menu music from Bizarre Creations' Blur is TCM! Smile?

That's just done my head in something fierce.

Edit #2: Holy crap, this is amazing:

gdt

I enjoyed the recent Krystal Klear EP with Jenna G......but I far far farrrrr prefer his house sound to the....80's funk stuff sound on that EP.

Edit: The Scuba song is called August...not up anywhere it looks like.

miksushag

Shaneus

Man, tonight was a trip... was chatting to a guy at my cousin's 21st, and one of my cousin's stepfather's sons is a fairly frequent DJ in Melbourne who also plays as part of a Daft Punk "tribute" act (started doing it about a year and a half ago). Even had helmets made up:
zu3vW7xm.jpg

Spun me out, guy was clued up as all hell. Had even supported HMC (aka LNTG) in Adelaide a few years back.

lush

Closer (which he says is an SCB song on twitter) is a total banger. I still hate how he delineates between the two aliases.

Got that updated. Looked on Twitter and saw he was busy making an edit of a Todd Terje track.

Damn.

Oh and I still can't get over that new Girl Unit track, so good. Especially on the heels of Double Take Part II, don't stop.

Shaneus

So guys, I have the three following acts all on the same night. Who should I choose?

Tensnake
Gregor Salto
The Revenge

I was thinking Gregor Salto, because while I know Tensnake will be good, it'll still be the same relatatively safe (but still good, obv.) house that's been floating around Beatport the last few years. Salto I think would be really different, possibly average but possibly *amazing*. The Revenge would be different too, but probably pretty safe as well.

miksushag

Got that updated. Looked on Twitter and saw he was busy making an edit of a Todd Terje track.

oh, sweet. Expecting it to be one of those lindstrom vs todd terje tunes, rakost or eggedosis maybe.

edit: hope all my fellow neogaffers are watching the eurovision, oh god.

miksushag

http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...e-producer-one-more-time-singer-reported-dead
http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=19876

Romanthony, an influential house producer and singer best known for performing the vocals on Daft Punk's single "One More Time," has been reported to have died earlier this month.

Romanthony - Now You Want Me (Original Jersey Mix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgeaMigcA_k

Tom Trago - Steppin' Out ft. Romanthony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQQhRQZem8k

Daft Punk ft. Romanthony - Too Long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6_ZNW1DACE

Nyx

Beatport having problems just as I want to buy some more tracks to finish the tracklist I have been working on.

miksushag

Koreless - Yugen EP

01 Ivana
02 Sun
03 Last Remnants
04 Nosun
05 Never

http://boomkat.com/downloads/712458-koreless-yugen
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/yugen-ep/id641844163

Pearson Sound - REM
http://boomkat.com/downloads/719888-pearson-sound-rem

https://soundcloud.com/skreamizm/may-mix

May Mix...One for the car, by the pool or when you're getting ready to go out.....

Enjoy

TRACKLIST:
BELL AND JAMES - LIVIN IT UP (FRIDAY NIGHT)
FREE ENTERPRISE - MAKE IT ON MY OWN -BEN LIEBRAND REMIX
DAFT PUNK - GET LUCKY
SINNAMON - THANKS TO YOU
MONTE - TRUE
DETROIT EXPERIMENT - THINK TWICE (HENRIK SCHWARZ REMIX)
SION - MAKE YOU DO
ROUTE 94 VS SECOND CITY - WHAT I NEED
ROUTE 94 - UNDER
FRENCH FRIES - T.R.A.X..X
MARK FORCE - CHICAGO
DUSKY - TRUTH, SMALL T
HRDVISION-I LIKE THE FEELING YOU'RE GIVING ME
LEON VYNEHALL - SISTER
VONDEL PARK - CALIFORNIA ANALOG DREAM - ROBAG WRUHME MIX 1

okno

Heeeey guys. Haven't been around very much lately. Have been taking a lot of time to myself to meditate and get my shit together.

Wanted to share this with y'all. I think it's rather quite good and am really excited to share it with others. An off-the-cuff mix I threw together yesterday morning before I left for work, I envisioned it as a warm-up set, as that's what I have realized I have the most fun doing at a party. Enjoy :)

Phidias - Cygnus Astratus (Freund der Familie)
Jichael Mackson - GTI (Zimbabwe Mix) (Stock5)
Roman Flugel - Dishes & Wishes (Live at Robert Johnson)
Daniel Avery - Drone Logic (Factory Floor / Gabe Gurnsey Remix) (Phantasy Sound)
San Proper - Groundfloor (Upfrondawall&on...) (Studio Soulrock)
KMA Productions - Cape Fear (Vlad Caia & Cristi Cons Edit)
John Hughes Daydream - Thriller (Cut Mistake Music)
Headless Ghost - Basik Fire (Clone Royal Oak)
Endian - Straight Intention (Nonplus)
Jagdstaffel 66 - Alle Piloten Mit en Den Tod (Creme Organization)
Lawrence - Titel 3 (Isolee Mix) (Ladomat)
Nyra - M for Mother (Freund der Familie)
Prosumer & Murat Tepeli - The Jam (Ostgut Tontrager)
Arttu - Tune In feat. Diamondancer (Clone Royal Oak)

thabiz

Phidias - Cygnus Astratus (Freund der Familie)
Jichael Mackson - GTI (Zimbabwe Mix) (Stock5)
Roman Flugel - Dishes & Wishes (Live at Robert Johnson)
Daniel Avery - Drone Logic (Factory Floor / Gabe Gurnsey Remix) (Phantasy Sound)
San Proper - Groundfloor (Upfrondawall&on...) (Studio Soulrock)
KMA Productions - Cape Fear (Vlad Caia & Cristi Cons Edit)
John Hughes Daydream - Thriller (Cut Mistake Music)
Headless Ghost - Basik Fire (Clone Royal Oak)
Endian - Straight Intention (Nonplus)
Jagdstaffel 66 - Alle Piloten Mit en Den Tod (Creme Organization)
Lawrence - Titel 3 (Isolee Mix) (Ladomat)
Nyra - M for Mother (Freund der Familie)
Prosumer & Murat Tepeli - The Jam (Ostgut Tontrager)
Arttu - Tune In feat. Diamondancer (Clone Royal Oak)

funky.

Top Bottom