• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

gdt

Whatever you think of the record, Disclosure are having a phenomenal cultural effect on dance music. Like the best trailblazing club nights, their live shows are a melting pot of age, gender and race (though they're usually over by 11pm). Their universality opens up all kinds of potential, too: what if, instead of pop music having a brief flirtation with garage and house before defaulting to factory settings, it became the norm for forward-thinking British producers to outperform their glossy US counterparts?

"We'd be up for that," says Guy. "Even people who think we're too commercial, which I don't think we are at all, I say to them: what would you rather hear on the radio, White Noise or David Guetta? They can't say anything back to that."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/may/18/disclosure-guy-howard-lawrence

I like this quote. I also like that they know some people are worried about their mainstreamness...even if they don't agree.

gdt

Oh i don't really agree with that quote...just thought it was funny. They made similar statements in that coachella interview i think i posted awhile back.

They're kids. Literally. Dumb stuff is expected here and there.

lush

Oh I agree, had seen that and found it to be an interesting response to the quote. They are a bit samey/safe/too poppy at times but I do really enjoy most of their output to this point. They barely even have enough content to use those negative adjectives on if I'm being honest. I don't listen to the radio(at least local radio), but if I did, I certainly wouldn't mind hearing "White Noise". Music is music, either you enjoy it or you don't, the rest doesn't matter.

This is just the standard "mainstream" backlash.

Managed to get ahold of Daft punks album while in Cambodia.. it took an hour to download but I have it. Listened to it on an overnight bus then again today.
Dont "love" it right now but it has atleast 3 songs I like and would want to try and play out.
Desperate to have a mix but that's still 3 weeks away!

thabiz

Managed to get ahold of Daft punks album while in Cambodia.. it took an hour to download but I have it. Listened to it on an overnight bus then again today.
Dont "love" it right now but it has atleast 3 songs I like and would want to try and play out.
Desperate to have a mix but that's still 3 weeks away!

sounds like an epic trip.

sounds like an epic trip.

So far its been
Rome
Sri Lanka
Thailand
Malaysia
Cambodia
Got about 5 more days then fly back to kulua lumpur then down to Singapore.

Dieing for some new music though haha
Managed to grab the odd essential mix every now and then like malas or tenesnake (randomly) and James Blake/ daft punks album along the way.

thabiz

So far its been
Rome
Sri Lanka
Thailand
Malaysia
Cambodia
Got about 5 more days then fly back to kulua lumpur then down to Singapore.

Dieing for some new music though haha
Managed to grab the odd essential mix every now and then like malas or tenesnake (randomly) and James Blake/ daft punks album along the way.

damn man. im jealous.

Anybody excited abut the new Shpongle? Simon Posford is currently in mastering stage. I'm surprised by the lack of love for Younger Brother/Shpongle/Hallucinogen but I guees it's not "clubby" enough for this thread.

gdt

jacquesgreene_05_21_13.jpg

It has been a while since we've heard of anything being released by Scottish label LuckyMe that isn't related to Hudson Mohawke, Lunice, or the music those two producers make together, so we're especially pleased to discover that it will soon drop an EP by Canadian DJ/producer Jacques Greene. The three-track On Your Side will feature a collaborative track with tender R&B crooner How To Dress Well, alongside two solo cuts from the Montreal-based artist. One such tune will be "Quicksand," a track Jacques Greene shared earlier this year. Before the On Your Side EP gets a digital release on June 3 and a physical release on July 1, its collaborative tune can be previewed below, where the tracklist can also be found.

A1 On Your Side (feat. How to Dress Well)
B1 Faithful
B2 Quicksand

http://www.xlr8r.com/news/2013/05/jacques-greene-collaborates-how-

New Jacques Green EP!

miksushag

KINGDOM - VERTICAL XL MIX FOR LOGO
https://soundcloud.com/logobrandedculture/logo-mix-4

Kingdom - Zip Line
Kingdom - Bank Head feat. Kelela
Massacooramaan - Batwings
Divoli Severe - What I want (Acapella)
Divoli Severe - What I want (Instriumental)
Helix - Track Titled One
L-Vis 1990 - Ballad 4D
Total Freedom - Hunter's Tale
Rihanna - Numb
Kingdom - Corpse
James Nasty - Can U Fuck With This
Lil Silva - Funky Flex
Kingdom - Viper XL
Kelly Rowland - Kisses Down Low (Remix)
Girl Unit - Club Rez (Rizzla's Club Cecile Remix)
P Jam - A Night Writer
Kingdom - Takedown Notice

Shaneus

OH GOD YES!

I desperately need this.
Here's the thing. This sort of stuff that was super-wacky back then, still sounds wacked but still really good. The wacked new stuff I see posted in here, I don't see aging anywhere nearly as well as the aforementioned track.

Lakitu

st5fu
Anybody excited abut the new Shpongle? Simon Posford is currently in mastering stage. I'm surprised by the lack of love for Younger Brother/Shpongle/Hallucinogen but I guees it's not "clubby" enough for this thread.

Yes. God, yes. My most anticipated album by far. I've not been this excited for anything in years.

Raja Ram listened to it, here's his description on Facebook:

OOOOH it"sBIG....it"s symphonic........it is Deep,Fat,Delicate,Nostalgic,Futuristic,very Shpongle sounding,New,adventurous,shiny,reflective,3DHoly Gram,ear tickling,mind squashing,ego shredding,rapturous/,a little scary,very happy,put a smile on your ears,////and this is only the first track./.......7 portals to different states of consciousness that we enter together hand in hand,.

I really want a release date, I've been looking for new tracks on Youtube for a while (like this one) and from what I've heard during the broadcast of the mastering session, it sounds incredible.

Just have to wait :( I know that GAF does have a few Shpongle fans though. I think.

lush

Yes. Kingdom/Night Slugs are probably the best.

Love Numb x Corpse.

Jimmy Edgar - Hot Inside EP
Icona Pop - I Love It (Bobby Champs Remix)
Scuba's Ibiza After Hours Mix for IMS
01. Blanc 1 - It's All Over (Locked Groove Rendition) (Hivern Discs)
02. Echologist - Tricks Of The Trade (unreleased)
03. Boddika & Joy O - Fate (Nonplus)
04. Mario Zar & Marco Berto - La Jungle (Peace Division instrumental mix) (Recovery Tech)
05. Close Ft Scuba - Beam Me Up (George FitzGerald remix) (K7)
06. Ilario Liburni - From Buda To Pest
07. Locked Groove - Do It Anyway (Hotflush)
08. Miss Kittin - Girlz (TINI remix) (Jackathon)
09. ESS - Short Cuts (ESS)
10. Jean Bressan - Break Point (Amadar)
11. Burnski - Lost In The Zoo (Martinez Brothers remix) (Saved)
12. ESS - The Airplane Track (ESS)
13. Ilario Liburni - Drup
14. Marc Houle & Miss Kittin - Where is Kittin (Dubfire remix) (Items & Things)
15. Nina Kraviz - Show Me Your Time (Rekids)
16. Mano Le Tough - Started Running (Dirt Crew)
17. B.d.i. - Riot Of Chrome (Running Back)
18. Breach - Jack (Eats Everything remix) (Dirtybird)
19. Flashmob - Pieces (Garage mix) (Defected)
20. Julian Jeweil - Yoko (Minus)
21. Deetron - Out Of My Head (George FitzGerald remix) (Music Man)

edit: Oh my lord, that first track on the Scuba mix:

Blanc 1 - It's All Over (Locked Groove Rendition)

gdt

I'm so tempted to buy the new No Artificial Colours EP on Beatport....but man their prices are just silly. Its exclusive there until next week.

Shaneus

Want! No way to Dl I guess? :(
I managed to download it at home with whatever Firefox stream downloader plugin I had installed. I think the one I used was called DownloadHelper. Or Youtube MP3 Podcaster (no shit, that's what it's called). Either way, it let me download it. Not sure of the quality, but it was around 180mb so unless his set was six hours long, it's probably ~320kbps.

okno

I managed to download it at home with whatever Firefox stream downloader plugin I had installed. I think the one I used was called DownloadHelper. Or Youtube MP3 Podcaster (no shit, that's what it's called). Either way, it let me download it. Not sure of the quality, but it was around 180mb so unless his set was six hours long, it's probably ~320kbps.

It was 75mins, it's a really high-quality file. Tune after tune after tune in it, it's glorious.

ChryZ

It's actually 256 kbps, but I'll take it ... sooooo good

File NYL_3016_Giorgio_Moroder_Live_From_NY_2013_75min_NOMIN.mp3
Size 144210051 bytes
Format MPEG1 layer 3
Bit rate 256 kbps
Sample rate 44100 hz
Channels 2
Length 75:06
Output 44100 hz - stereo - 16 bit

Top Bottom