• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Shaneus

Shaneus, on the disco theme: have you listened to Justin Van Der Volgen's incredible mix before? I've been immersed in this stuff for a few days now. Kenny Dope, Dr. Dunks, Disco Discharge, Walter Gibbons... <3
Very, very nice stuff. Only had a quick flick through that mix just now, but it sounds smooth as hell.

If you hadn't really considered/contemplated it, look up basically anything Dimitri from Paris has done. A couple of the newer tracks he's done are a little different, but he has a great ear for doing very basic re-edits/remixes that just go down perfectly.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Apparently the Disclosure album, Settle, is out there. Minus the intro for some reason.

The intro is just the vocal sample used in the following track, so not really anything significant missing. The Jamie Woon and Jessie Ware tracks back to back are EVERYTHING right now.

If you hadn't really considered/contemplated it, look up basically anything Dimitri from Paris has done.

Will do. I only know the name from seeing him on a bunch of those chill out comps that were everywhere in the late '90s, haha.

Shaneus

Will do. I only know the name from seeing him on a bunch of those chill out comps that were everywhere in the late '90s, haha.
That's all I ever initially knew him from (well, *initially* initially, it was the Playboy Mansion discs) but that was before I become mates with a dude who has ridiculously good taste in music and I found out about all the other stuff he'd done.

Check out his Essential Mix from 2011 for a good taste, I guess. Also, Get Down with the Philly Sound, if only because of this:
This particular selection focuses on the Philadelphia disco sound that was so successful throughout the '70s, and paved the way for disco fever to spread across the United States. Most of the Philly disco material was actually recorded by a single set of players and producers (including Trammps founder Earl Young, Salsoul Orchestra originator Vince Montana, Norman Harris and TJ Tindall amongst others), whose signature sound of silky strings, propulsive bass and a pumping four-to-the-floor beat, eclipsed the popularity of Motown by 1975. Producers Gamble & Huff have now opened up their archive of multi-track tapes for the first time to an external label, giving Dimitri the chance to work his magic in a more sophisticated way than usual.
He's gotta be alright if they trust him with their master tapes ;)

miksushag

Ok, listened through 'Settle' lp - Imo they are keeping it a little too much in their comfort zone, not too much surprises.
'January', 'Confess To Me', 'Grab Her!' and 'Defeated No More' were my favourites. Was hoping for more stuff like 'Tenderly / Flow' and 'My Intention Is War' to this lp.

daviyoung

Banned
I've been going through all my old prog and trance vinyl and CD Maxis and made a bunch of mixes for you all. I know trance has a bad name, but to me it's as wide a genre as house music with a huge variety of sounds. Most of the stuff is techno, breaks, progressive trance and progressive house from the early 1990s to late 2000s.

Let me know if the dl links aren't working because they're big files and one upload completely collapsed my Soundcloud account. Props to all the original producers and remixers and I hope you guys enjoy this little history lesson.

Cheers.

Download

20 Years of Trance - Level One

File: MP3
Length: 2:30
Size: 340Mb

Tracklist

1. Tall Paul - Got It (Anil Chawla and Dale Anderson Mix)
2. Atlas - Compass Error (Fluke Mix)
3. Jondi and Spesh - We Are Connected
4. Argonaut - Your Body Is A Temple
5. Moshic - Asian Love
6. Moogwai - The Labyrinth (Part 2)
7. Ian Van Dahl - Will I (Hemstock and Jennings Mix)
8. Virtua Trancer - Sex After Dinner
9. Way Out West - Stealth (Pablo La Rosa's Down and Dirty Mix)
10. Circuit Boy - The Door (Mr Sam's Definitive Deep and Dark Session)
11. Pete Lazonby - Wavespeech (Prawler Mix)
12. Reload - Peschi
13. Humate - Love Stimulation (Oliver Lieb Soft Mix)
14. Digital Witchcraft - Dangerous Music (Jerry Bonham and Dirty Hertz Mix)
15. DJ Fire - Diabolic
16. Hardfloor - Trancescript
17. Sonic Cube - Xcute
18. Art of Trance - Killamanjaro (Adam Dived Mix)
19. Main Element - Delta of Venus
20. Saints and Sinners - Peace (Breakfast Mix)
21. Orkidea - Beautiful (Marc Mitchell Mix)
22. Yahel - You Inside
23. K90 - Universe
24. Blue Amazon - Paradise Regime
25. The Chemical Brothers - Sunshine Underground

Download

20 Years of Trance - Level Two

Length: 2:15
Size: 310Mb

Tracklist

1. Chab and DJ Nukem - Forward
2. Solid Sessions - Janeiro (Lemon8 Mix)
3. Killahurtz - West on 27th (Sleepfreaks Mix)
4. Reza - I Am Eternal
5. Co*Bra - Love Sweet Love (Kamasutra Dub)
6. Tilt - Children (Breeder's Baroque Edit)
7. Alex Dolby - Hazy Way
8. Banco De Gaia - Desert Wind (Sunset Mix)
9. Joker Jam - Traffic (Van Bellen Mix)
10. Jaia - Orchestra 2.0
11. Vernon - Wonderer (Son Kite Mix)
12. Humate - Choose Life
13. Ryukyu Underground - Seragaki (Junkie XL Mix)
14. Ian Wilkie - Guten Morgen
15. Loafer - Travelogue
16. The MFA - Difference It Makes (Superpitcher Mix)
17. DJ Remy - Backstabber
18. Gift - Duration
19. Jaimy and Kenny D - Caught Me Running (Tribal Mix)
20. Underworld - Push Upstairs (Adam Beyer Mix)
21. Lovesky - Drums 4 Better Daze
22. POB and Boyd - Luna
23. Members of Mayday - Sonic Empire (Jan Driver Mix)
24. Ritmo de Vida - Havara (Parks and Wilson Mix)
25. Sunscreen vs Push - Please Save Me (Push Mix)
26. Katcha - Touched By God (Alfie Conn Mix)

Download

20 Years of Trance - Level Three

Length: 2:50
Size: 390Mb

Tracklist

1. Moonface - Overactive
2. Nat Monday - Waiting (Medway Mix)
3. Nathan Fake - Outhouse (Beaty Tool)
4. Innate - Changes
5. Akabu - Phuture Bound (Ame Mix)
6. Pete Lazonby - Sacred Cycle (Probspot Mix)
7. Quadran - No Air
8. Quest - Skyline Road
9. Matt Darey presents ESP - From Russia With Love
10. A Split Second - Flesh (Mr Sam vs Fred Baker Mix)
11. Kruger and Coyle - Rubba Love
12. Jeff Wayne - Eve of War (Hybrid's Fire in the Sky Mix)
13. Orbital - Nothing Left (Tsunami One Mix)
14. D.H.S - Watch The Sky
15. Phoenix - Rise Up (Desyfer Mix)
16. Moby - God Moving Over The Faces of The Waters (UNKLE Inner State Mix)
17. Reflekt - Need To Feel Loved
18. Humate - Love Stimulation (Love Mix)
19. Tilt - Rendezvous (Quadraphonic Mix)
20. Star - Rock Rose (Filterheadz Mix)
21. Sonic Cube - Xcute
22. Albert Vorne - Formentera What (Gareth Emery Mix)
23. Dousk - Acrobatics
24. Bedrock - Emerald (Dub)
25. Maor Levi - Reflect
26. D-Nox and Beckers - Jet Lag Slave
27. Cass - Giant (4-4-2 Mix)
28. Silencer - Drown In Me (Force Mass Motion Mix)
29. Sharpside - Belgian Resistance (The Idiots Dry Nuts Mix)
30. Way out West - The Gift (Gui Boratto's Fallopian Mix)
31. Taragana Pyjarama - Growing Forehead (Sasha Involv3r Mix)

Dreaver

I'm really liking the Disclosure album, yeah it's pretty safe but I don't really mind it.

I'm also kinda in love with Skream his new sound. I'm really liking his new disco/garage-y sound, way more then his 'dubstep' sound (though Outside The Box is so awesome). I really love Need U 100% but the Skream remix is so extremely chill as well.

andylsun

Let me know if the dl links aren't working because they're big files and one upload completely collapsed my Soundcloud account. Props to all the original producers and remixers and I hope you guys enjoy this little history lesson.

I can't get the mega.nz downloader to work at all. It gets to 100% and then stops...

I don't even know where the file ends up!

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I can't get the mega.nz downloader to work at all. It gets to 100% and then stops...

Likely in Windows' downloads folder. A "save as" window pops up on Chrome, but other browsers might handle Mega differently.

andylsun

Likely in Windows' downloads folder. A "save as" window pops up on Chrome, but other browsers might handle Mega differently.

Chrome on Mac didn't pop up anything. Will try under windows.

Edit: Under windows worked fine. thanks!

Now I need to tear myself away from Random Access Memories and give these a good listen.

Shaneus

It does actually save it, but I never remember where. But it should ask you where you want to save it? The downloading itself is completely separate from the downloader built into the browser. Such a piece of shit, that bit of software. Despise it.

Shaneus

Des was right: this Calibre album is the real deal. I kind of love how it's so unabashedly 20 years behind the times.
Who what what? Behind the times how... as in what sort of style?

First I've heard it mentioned, but I'm always up for new stuff that sounds like old stuff. Just try and stop me listening to the Les Rhytmes Digitales album.

injurai

Banned
how was the self imposed exile? lurked like mad i bet.

Really great actually. I finished my semester out strong, managed to land an incredible year long internship and have started running again. I should do this more often. Also I had time to explore some awesome music.

Thumbs up!

Was that your deep house mix that I reposted? Man that was awesome!!!

It actually seems more active now actually. Easier to find too.

Yeah, I've noticed some new members. Hopefully we will get things going in here.

I'm also loving that there has been a lot of Calibre love in this thread. The DnB scene is really great these days.

gdt

Just got this email from Waze & Odyssey...don't even know how or why.

We hope you're great.

We wanted to say hello and send you some informations!

Just in case you missed it, we've put the links below to our Boiler Room Berlin DJ set plus info on forthcoming shows in the next month or so.

Also, our brand new release Hold Up (WO004) is available to purchase on 180 gram 12 inch vinyl now.

You can listen to it here : snd.sc/11pn3bx

Buy it from Juno Records here : http://www.juno.co.uk/products/481300-01.htm

W&O Street Tracks 005 comes courtesy of Squarehead & Chamboche

Plus, we have forthcoming Waze & Odyssey releases with Lets Play House (NYC), Kolour Recordings (USA), Throne of Blood & 20:20 Vision.

Plans afoot for a US tour soon. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay in touch.

Hope to see some of you guys over the summer.

W&O

WTF! Are these guys machines or something?

okno

Was that your deep house mix that I reposted? Man that was awesome!!!

Indeed that was, thanks! I was quite chuffed when I saw you repost it. Glad to see you back!

So, Creme Organization has rapidly become one of my absolute favorite labels ever (started with the discovery of Einzelkind - Blues for Yous (Roman Flugel Remix)) and now continues with Willie Burns - Run from the Sunset.

Willie Burns - Pong In A Tracksuit

Fuuuuuuuuuuck that's good music!

EDIT: Embarrassing!! That Einzelkind track is, clearly, a Cecille record. Just goes to show how exhausted I am after today...

edit2: This CosminTRG XLR8R podcast is ridiculous
01 Unknown "Untitled"
02 Moire "Lose It (Actress Remix)" (Werkdiscs/Ninja Tune)
03 IAMTHATIAM "Vibrations & Harmonies 11" (Music from Mathematics)
04 Auto Repeat "Def Jam" (SSR)
05 Acid Jesus "Uraniumsmuggle" (Klang Electronik)
06 Cosmin TRG "Semipresent" (50Weapons)
07 Beroshima "Bushido" (Muller)
08 Interflow "Mains ON" (KYR)
09 Unknown "Untitled"
10 Subtractive Synthesis "Police" (Synewave)
11 Vereker "Rosite" (L.I.E.S.)
12 Girls of the Internet "Untitled"
13 Jeff Mills "The Hand Is Faster Than the Eye"
14 Cosmin TRG "Desire Is Sovereign" (50Weapons)
15 Simon Haydo "Track 06" (DEM)
16 Norman Nodge "NN 8.0" (Marcel Dettmann)
17 Rrose "23 Lashes" (EAUX)

injurai

Banned
Indeed that was, thanks! I was quite chuffed when I saw you repost it. Glad to see you back!

haha yeah. Okay I think I owe some people in here some tunes. It's a lot but I hope you guys don't just skip over this post, hopefully something for everyone.

First off not a single mention of TokiMonsta in this entire thread, for shame.

TOKiMONSTA feat. MNDR - Go With It (soundcloud Half Shadows preview below)
Fans of Bonobo, Flylo, Nosaj Thing, and Nujabes will love her, which is what most of her stuff is in the vein of.

Reso - Tabris album preview below. This is some really interesting progressive stuff.

Alix Perez Essential Mix 2013 (BBC Radio 1) and new album Chroma Cords below, really great DnB that I wouldn't miss. Also probably one of the best essential mixes I've heard in a long time. It's worth the listen, but at least check out the album.

Inkke Grime 2.0 Mix Really incredible mix for those into Grime, Hip-hop, and the likes. There are so many gems in here that it would be a shame to not give this one a play.
artworks-000048838858-gl1zet-t500x500.jpg

Atlantic Connection also doing a lot of great stuff these days. Here's just a sampling. Probably best to check out everything he has put up on Soundcloud over the last year.
Drifters______________________Inc. - Careful__________________BOY!

Dog Eat Dog - Step Right In (Breakbeat Science RMX) this is a piece of history, some god tier breakbeat right here.

Marcus Intalex - From The Ashes some absolute brilliant DnB/House hybrid stuff

gdt

7.5 mania is driving me crazy.

Cooooooool

Ejeca and Citizen Ready Split 12"

UK-house rising stars Ejeca (pictured above) and Citizen have teamed up to deliver the inaugural 12" from new London-based imprint Loft. Opening the split 12" is Belfast producer—and recent XLR8R podcast contributor—Ejeca, whose "Rosario" is a classically-minded slice of garage-inflected house, complete with pitched-up vocals and just a hint of rave euphoria. The flip-side finds Citizen taking things in a deeper direction, with the producer's oblique "U Give Me Love" mixing classic house tropes with the sub-bass of the hardcore continuum. The forthcoming EP will also feature a pair of remixes from Mic Newman and Nicholas. Ejeca's and Citizen's split 12" will see a vinyl release on July 1; in the meantime a streaming preview of the effort can be heard below.

http://www.xlr8r.com/news/2013/05/ejeca-and-citizen-ready-split-12

gdt

So I was watching this Masters At Work lecture (never really heard their music), and they play this track/remix of their created in 1990. It's fucking SCARY how modern it sounds. Or how retro the sound is today. Whatever.

http://vimeo.com/65441390#t=889

Edit: These are the guys who did Deep Inside? Well damn.

Shaneus

<3 MAW

Still regret going with my friends to a festival day party with my friends rather than risking going it alone to see them on NYD:
It still hurts :(

*sigh* So many beautiful people... I would've stuck out like a sore thumb, ahaha

Top Bottom