• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

lush

Scuba - After Hours Part 2
John Beltran - For Vangelis
Redshape - It's In Rain
Midland - Real Time
Fideles - Revenge
?? - What You Need (Coat Of Arms Remix)
George FitzGerald - Nighttide Lover
Ceasre vs Disorder - Chacha Malaga
Moodtrap - House Trippin
youANDTHEMACHINES - Uncover
Figueroa & Obando - Riesling (Dubfire remix)
Martyn - Memoryhole
Dusky - Vanishing Point
Dan Ghenacia - Acid Walk
Ceasre vs Disorder - Vercelli By Night
FCL - It's You (MK remix)
Will Asada - Panty Creamer
Detroit Swindle - The Wrap Around
Appleblim - Darkest Red

Sinden - Almost Gone
Cyril Hahn - Perfect Form (feat. Shy Girls)
Kidnap Kid - Thin Lines (feat. Lotti)
Lil Silva - Mask
Moomin - 9494949494
Little Jinder - Whatever 4ever (Kastle Remix)
MORRI$ - Quick Cash

Also, probably old news but:

Sophie - Bipp / Elle

Can't stop listening to Bipp.

miksushag

Sophie - Bipp / Elle

Can't stop listening to Bipp.

Yessss, bipp is a belter. Love the older EP aswell 'nothing to say'.

T.Williams bringing the heat,
https://soundcloud.com/twilliamsmusic/t-williams-three-letters/s-oQ5rQ

Seth Troxler & Eats Everything & Skream & Ben Pearce - Live @ Sands Bday Party 2013 (Sands, Ibiza)
https://soundcloud.com/skreamizm/seth-troxler-eats-everything

slightly older, but found this recently.
Flume - Holdin On (LKid remix)
https://soundcloud.com/lkid/flume-holdin-on-lkids

miksushag

220px-BurialUntrue.jpg

How does this thread feel about Burial's music? I have seen very rarely talk about him in this thread. (only when he releases something new, which happens every 80 years)

'Untrue' is one of my favourite lps, simple (yet complex), best sample-usage I've yet heard (I can't wrap my head around how the fuck he got rid of the quitars and changed it somehow that 'God can you whisper, in her ear' line sounds like 'God can you please hurry and find me' in shell of light. http://www.whosampled.com/sample/view/21889/Burial-Shell of Light_Ernie Halter-Whisper/), Coherent, Loneliness induced all over (which I think is very hard to pull of in music).

I feel like 'Untrue' sounds like you are watching this one jewel from all the different directions and they reflect the same idea differently - did that make any sense to anyone?

injurai

Banned
220px-BurialUntrue.jpg

How does this thread feel about Burial's music? I have seen very rarely talk about him in this thread. (only when he releases something new, which happens every 80 years)

'Untrue' is one of my favourite lps, simple (yet complex), best sample-usage I've yet heard (I can't wrap my head around how the fuck he got rid of the quitars and changed it somehow that 'God can you whisper, in her ear' line sounds like 'God can you please hurry and find me' in shell of light. http://www.whosampled.com/sample/view/21889/Burial-Shell of Light_Ernie Halter-Whisper/), Coherent, Loneliness induced all over (which I think is very hard to pull of in music).

I feel like 'Untrue' sounds like you are watching this one jewel from all the different directions and they reflect the same idea differently - did that make any sense to anyone?

His music was much more special before other artists started to emulate his niche.

That being said, he is one of my favorites artists. Burial and Untrue are both amazing. But Kindred EP is easily the best thing he has touched. I get kind of sick when people try to use him as a poster child for "true dubstep" as I see that belonging to Coki, Mala, Benga, and the likes of those.

But he has pushed the boundaries 2-Step Garage into amazing territories.

miksushag

But Kindred EP is easily the best thing he has touched.

I get where you are coming from, it is easily his most thought out and best produced release to date. However still, I end up listening more to untrue than to kindred ep, the songs are somehow more beautiful to me.

injurai

Banned
I get where you are coming from, it is easily his most thought out and best produced release to date. However still, I end up listening more to untrue than to kindred ep, the songs are somehow more beautiful to me.

Its all good. It's hard to compare things that are great amongst each other. I once listened to Untrue while falling asleep in my Uni's library and the energy of white noise coming from people in the background mixed with my dosing mind and Burial led me to my first visual hallucinations.

Dreaver

Oh, she's a proper DJ? I didn't see a name or anything anywhere... how do you know who it is?
Well she has over 139k likes on her Facebook and toured the world so yeah, I think you can call her popular. Half of the comments on her posts are about her boobs though lol.

edit: oh yeah there's a good chance she earned a good percentage of the likes because of her modeling, but she still toured the world as a dj.

miksushag

made a mixtape today! Didn't go for the deepest sound here, because it is a competition entry again. I'll try to put up a more varied mixtape this summer.
https://soundcloud.com/miksuswag/miksuswag-the-moonvault

jay-z - the dynasty intro
madlib - the come up
cassie - numb
kidnap kid ft. lotti - thin lines
embryo - don't make me wait (i want to dance)
le youth - cool
snakehips - on and on (tcts remix)
laszlo dancehall - gave up
kanye west - i am a god
kowton & julio bashmore - mirror song
helix - damnson
ciara - like a surgeon (behling & simpson rebax)

Dreaver

Purple Disco Machine - My House (Original Mix).

Cool tune, I have the feeling I've heard a lot of this song before, isn't the part in the middle a sample from another track?

edit: this old ('11?) remix from Disclosure, just popped up on my Facebook feed. I never heard it before and it's pretty cool.. I did a quick search but I don't think it has ever been posted before:

Jack Dixon - Coconuts (Disclosure Remix) (free download)

EDIT 2: I KNEW IT! I heard the sample in a song from Pretty Lights (Finally Moving) who is sampled it from this song.

I don't know if it's allowed here, but I want to share a "mix" (if you can call it that) I made today. I didn't have anything to do.

https://soundcloud.com/eravulgaris/mondays

I just started off so if anyone feels like giving some pointers, I'm up for it. (at the 17 min mark you can hear when I accidentally touched the cd, it glitches) There's some pretty good tracks in it so it won't be a complete waste of your time though! :)

It probably sucks though but hey.

miksushag

I don't know if it's allowed here, but I want to share a "mix" (if you can call it that) I made today. I didn't have anything to do.

Well, look a few posts up ;) It is allowed here and encouraged! keep them coming if you feel like it, there is a few djs lurking in this thread.

Back from glastonbury. so tired.
Managed to catch

Chic
Rolling stones
James Blake
Tyler the creator
The xx
Kahn
Youngsta
Mele
Space dimension controller
Peng sound showcase (Gorgon Sound, Dubkasam as a few others)
Butterzz show case (Skream with Disclosure, My nu leng, Woz and a few others)
few odd dub bits
Im sure there is more that im forgetting..sleeeep

Top Bottom