• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Shaneus

Ask and ye shall receive.

Not the smoothest mix ever, but that's kind of the idea then isn't it? I wouldn't normally share this, but I figured why not. The mix really hits a stride once "Singularity Jump" comes into play. I've been really feeling heavier techno vibes lately, it's so satisfying when mixed successfully with more house-y stuff. Enjoy?
6h4pPCa.jpg

Nice work. As a reward, have a new song a mate just told me about via Facebook:
Flight Facilities - I Didn't Believe feat. Elizabeth Rose (Tiger and Woods Remix)
Good to hear some new T&W, it's been a while (that's to say I haven't heard anything new of theirs for a while, but I haven't been looking TBH)

Shaneus

I'll look into it bro! I've done a few mashups, hahah

mylo vs tessela - drop the hackney parrot
http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/48524218/file.html
What do you use? I still (*STILL*) need to wrap my head around Ableton or something. It just messes with my head too goddamn much and after a short period of time, I just get frustrated and figure that whatever it is I'm working on isn't worth it.

On that note, if anyone can point me in the directions of some good tutes for *any* software (if you think something like FL Studio would be easier/quicker/better, tell me!) I'd be mega-grateful.

miksushag

What do you use? I still (*STILL*) need to wrap my head around Ableton or something. It just messes with my head too goddamn much and after a short period of time, I just get frustrated and figure that whatever it is I'm working on isn't worth it.

On that note, if anyone can point me in the directions of some good tutes for *any* software (if you think something like FL Studio would be easier/quicker/better, tell me!) I'd be mega-grateful.

Ableton! I'll be your mentor if you will.

okno

Anyone snag Ikonika's Aerotropolis, yet? I just got a copy myself, and, while I like it, it's a fucking weird album; It's kind of like if Night Slugs were to remake the Double Dragon 2 soundtrack. Really solid productions all around, but she seems to use the same synth throughout which makes the album feel kind of tired by the time you get halfway through it.

Also got a copy of The Mole - Lockdown Party (DJ Sprinkles' Crossfaderama) which is just excellent. Sprinkles always brings the heat.

okno

nice!

any deep house recommendations? kinda working my way through that genre, loving what I'm finding on youtube.

That really depends on what you're looking for on YouTube, care to share some examples?

Some worthwhile artists:

Sven Weissman
John Roberts
Francis Harris
Roman Fluegel
XDB
Unbroken Dub
Kassem Mosse
Endian
Efdemin
Smallpeople
(Some)Christopher Rau
Cassy
Lawrence
Justin Steinhoff
Jacek Sienkeiwicz
Really the entire Dial Records catalogue

That's just scratching the surface.

okno

Whatever happened to Oxia? I remember seeing there name around a ton a few years back, but nothing now. They did some quality stuff.

Shaneus

Man, I used to be heavily into deep house... but for the life of me I cannot think of *any* artists I used to listen to (and I know there were a few!). Maybe 16-Bit Lolitas? Robag Wruhme?

Fuck, it's too early in the day (and I'm getting to old) for this shit.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
nightbus was a thing like two years ago, curious to know why Beatport thinks it's on the rise now. Really though it's just a mood descriptor that can fit all sorts of stuff from the last 30-40 years.

Ghost23

I think this is the best place to ask this question. So I just got an iPad with Djay 2. I don't have enough electronic music in my library, however, to test the app with. Can someone recommend some good electronic music for me? I'm down for anything really.

Top Bottom