• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

miksushag

Shaneus

What's NightRide? Kavinsky?

In the OT, they mention the tracks they know about and there are enough songs they don't know about (they know ~220 out of 240) to account for an extra station or two. But given how much "electronic" stuff is there already, I don't like it's chances of making an appearance :(

a6b8f7c06a7f551dee97341817478ce2.jpg

http://soundcloud.com/d-j-detweiler/the-ganja-kru-super-sharp

HiResDes

Could I get some recommendations from Electronic-GAF? I've been listening to this album "Severant" by Kuedo this week. Never heard of him before until a friend recommended it to me last week, but I'm really liking it. I'd love to get some more albums with a similar sound. It reminds me a lot of Vangelis' Blade Runner soundtrack. Not the drums really. I mean they're fine, but it's the synth work that I love.

sample track

oneohtrix point never replica -

SFT010%20-%20Cover%20(500).jpg

Could I get some recommendations from Electronic-GAF? I've been listening to this album "Severant" by Kuedo this week. Never heard of him before until a friend recommended it to me last week, but I'm really liking it. I'd love to get some more albums with a similar sound. It reminds me a lot of Vangelis' Blade Runner soundtrack. Not the drums really. I mean they're fine, but it's the synth work that I love.

sample track

I would definitely recommend GESKIA! with a similar old school electronica feel, and proper compositions

Hey guys, figured I'd post this here as well as the Filmmaking thread.

I'm in my senior year of film school and currently fundraising my senior thesis film, RAGE. It's inspired by the 80's, 90's beat em up arcade games, and just overall badass-ness.

We put together a compilation CD of tons of well known synth artists and all of the proceeds go to funding our movie. Here's a link to our bandcamp as well as the IndieGoGo where you can see a test scene we shot last May as well as our pitch video. (I'm Ben in said video.)

If anyone checks it out, thanks for doing so. Feel free to spread the word if you like what you see!

http://telefuturenow.bandcamp.com/album/rage

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rage-a-short-film

20130910163952-INDIEGOGO_FIRST_HALF.png

20130910164013-INDIEGOGO_SECOND_HALF.png

gdt

Route 94 - Fly 4 Life EP is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

Fly 4 Life

This guy is awesome.

Most of his tracks floating around haven't been released yet I guess.

Its annoying to say the least. I'm looking at 3/4 songs (Window, We Are The Future etc) which we supposed to be an EP but whatever.

gdt

I started listening to Locked Groove - Heritage EP (its 40 minutes long btw, its an album) again. This thing is fantastic. Will certainly land in my top 10 come list time.

Dreaver

Went to a festival yesterday. Saw Detroit Swindle. I was pretty hyped to see them. Really liked their tunes and mixing. It's too bad it was quite early on the day (15.00) and the crowd was quite boring. They're really great.

gdt

Went to a festival yesterday. Saw Detroit Swindle. I was pretty hyped to see them. Really liked their tunes and mixing. It's too bad it was quite early on the day (15.00) and the crowd was quite boring. They're really great.

that's really cool. their last couple songs have been absolute bangers.

they were good, now they're great.

gdt

How To Dress Well - I Think Life Might Be Elsewhere (Hungover Mix)

ok i woke up super hungover today and made this mix of songs :+)
i felt like singing, but i didn't have the energy to do anything but lay in bed and sing into the macbook mic
it's like a mix of songs that soothe and punish kinda idk really
hope you like it xoxoxoxxxxx

------ TRACKLIST ------

hard to do these things alone bb hungover macbook mic a capella – tk
honest – future (hemsworth's post-rock tears bootleg)
last remnants - koreless + hard way - chief keef
bonnie & clyde - tink
nightrail from the sun - lubomyr melnyk + me singing
hold my liquor - kanye + me singing
blue moon - kendall johansson (official transition to winter song)
430 am - kevin gates
blocka la flame - travis scott + me singing wrecking ball - miley cyrus
carmelita - gg allin
at your funeral - saves the day (htdw + 'everything is' by crash of rhinos)
caps lock - m.i.a.

there are like some snippets in there from like 'citgo' and another tink song and tracy chapman but i can't remember where cuz i fell asleep....

Does a bit of lazy capella of Hold On We're Going Home at the beginning.

Shaneus

Future Music Festival 2014 Lineup just got announced:

huge lineup! Also the first time Eric Prydz comes to Aus!
Is Future even on anymore? You read what happened to them, didn't you?
Big dance festival in doubt as promoter collapses
The promoter behind some of Australia's biggest music festivals has collapsed with massive debts, less than a fortnight after announcing it was joining forces with Michael Gudinski's powerhouse Mushroom Group.

Three companies linked to Future Entertainment, which stages the annual Summadayze and Future Music Festival, were declared insolvent on September 4, leaving a string of angry creditors in their wake.

The financial woes of prominent promoters Jason Ayoubi and Mark Condron (also known as Mark James) mean next year's Summadayze festival is expected to be cancelled. The event is traditionally staged on New Year's Day in Melbourne and this year was also held in Adelaide, Perth and on the Gold Coast.

Founded in 1999, the event has been an annual highlight on the dance music calendar, attracting some of the world's biggest electronic music acts, including the Chemical Brothers, Groove Armada and Basement Jaxx.
Advertisement

In December 2012, Future's founders were included on BRW's annual entertainment rich list with a combined income of $4.66 million. But evidence suggests their businesses were by that stage already in trouble. Industry sources say the group laid off some key personnel about 18 months ago following a Future Music Festival tour in March 2012 at which headliners New Order played to near-empty paddocks.

Having said that, if it's on I'll definitely be there, putting these guys on my list:
Phoenix (dunno why they're there, though :/ )
Prydz, maybe
Dada Life
R3hab
Gesaffelstein (oh god yes, although it's "live" :/ )
Sven Vath (oh my god fuck yes)
Dubfire
Sub Focus
Curious about ATB and Netsky as well.

PS. I bet Prydz bitches out again and cancels. Frustrated me no end last time he was due and piked it.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Future Music Festival 2014 Lineup just got announced:

huge lineup! Also the first time Eric Prydz comes to Aus!

That's a pretty ridiculous lineup all things considered. I will never forgive you guys if you go to this festival and do not see Prydz. He's actually been traveling between the US and Europe rather often, so I feel like he's somewhat getting over his flying phobia.

gdt

Oh fuck....my laptop hdds might be dead. Windows is trying to repair whatever is up. Oh fuck I'm scared. Id lose aton of music. I was literallythinking of backing it all up (the ton of stuff since the last backup anyway) yesterday! Fuck me. Pray for me.

miksushag

so george fitzgerald, paul woolford and lone delivered tunes of the summer any other big ones i should know about

I'll hook you up this weekend :)

edit: gdt: there are ways to recover the data in these situations! my external HD died a few years ago and my friend recovered like 99.5% of the content to a new HD with some magic.

Top Bottom