• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

btkadams

Patrick Bateman said:
Currently listening to Tons of Friends. Is it bad that I have the most fun with the A Capella version of Day n Night? :lol
I preordered the album months upon months ago and still haven't received it yet it shipped out on the 5th. I am definitely never ordering something (especially an album) from England with standard postage ever again.

btkadams

alright i guess i might as well post these. these are my own mixtapes! comment as you please! i've been told these are good to predrink to haha. the glow-in-the-dark one is the new one.

dcb1592d8c39740883051c429b42fc8d.png

Glow-in-the-Dark
DOWNLOAD

Tracklist:
1. Minds...Off (Dirty Disco Youth Remix) - Dirty Disco Youth
2. Under the Water (Dada Life Remix) - Like Mike, Dimitri Vegas
3. Dutchie (LAZRtag Remix) - Cold Blank
4. Party Animal (Vandalism Remix) - Mark Knight
5. Handguns (Dada Life Remix) - Alex Gopher
6. Twisted - Oddity
7. Zipper (Original Mix) - Sound of Stereo
8. Chuppa (Mustard Pimp Remix) - Missil
9. Times Like These (Dada Life Remix) - Albin Myers
10. Warrior's Dance (South Central Remix) - The Prodigy
11. Towel Swinger - JFK + St. Mandrew
12. Peaches (Original Mix) - Blende
13. Bad Romance (MAKE&MODEL Remix) - Lady Gaga
14. Rave is King (Zodiac Cartel Remix) - Fukkk Offf
15. Show Me Love feat. Robin S. (MAKE&MODEL Edit) - Steve Angello/Laidback Luke/Robin S.
16. French Jeans (Dada Life Remix) - MVSEVM
17. Beehive (Original Mix) - JFK + St. Mandrew
18. Poor Innocent Boys (Shinichi Osawa Remix) - Cazals
19. Boy and His Computer - Felix Cartal
20. Could This Be Real - Sub Focus
21. We Just Came to Get the Party Started (LAZRtag Remix) - The Disco Villains
22. Pumpin' Up the Meter (Original Mix) - Gigi Barocco
23. Kiwi (Gigi Barocco Remix) - Mustard Pimp
24. Fluttery Will Get You Nowhere (Original Mix) - Blende
25. 4h30 - Danger

Duration: 1:11:32

and this one is from january.

33at7vb.jpg

Fruit Punch
DOWNLOAD

Tracklist:
1. Take it Like a Man (Felix Cartal Remix) - Dragonette
2. Drop Down - Designer Drugs
3. Take My Hand (Mustard Pimp Remix) - Steed Lord
4. Where is it? feat. Gigi Barocco - Blatta & Inesha
5. Wanna Be (Oddity Remix) - DJ Vivid
6. Krack (Nite Version) - Soulwax
7. I Wanna - Sean Bronze
8. Drop the Pressure (Jack Beats’ 'Rinsed Out Rave' Remix) - Project Bassline
9. Monthra (Gigi Barocco Remix) - Jayvin Mena
10. Cherry feat. Kali (Mustard Pimp Dark Remix) - Mustard Pimp
11. Cherry feat. Kali - Mustard Pimp
12. Royal Ruffian (LAZRtag Remix) - Steed Lord
13. Toxic is Dead (Designer Drugs Remix) - The Toxic Avenger
14. Moombah (Afrojack Remix) - Silvio Ecomo & Chuckie
15. Satisfaction - Benny Benassi
16. Buzz Me - Felguk
17. Swagger - Gingy
18. Finally (Vandalism Remix) - Ce Ce Peniston
19. Let's Get Bleeped Tonight (Mustard Pimp Remix) - Dada Life
20. Rikkalicious - Kissy Sell Out and Herve
21. Save Us - Nadastrom
22. I'm in the House feat. Zuper Blahg (Gigi Barocco Remix) - Steve Aoki
23. Aurora (Shinichi Osawa Remix) - Alex Gopher
24. I Don't Care (Tommie Sunshine Remix) - Fall Out Boy
25. Zero (MSTRKRFT Remix) - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
26. Just Dance (MAKE&MODEL Remix) - Lady Gaga
27. Make You Freq (Miles Dyson Remix) - Filthy Rich
28. Song Away (Jack Beats' Anger Management Remix) - Hockey
29. Enjoy (Crookers Vocal Mix) - The Outhere Brothers
30. No Security feat. Kelis - Crookers

Duration: 1:11:41

subrock

btkadams said:
I preordered the album months upon months ago and still haven't received it yet it shipped out on the 5th. I am definitely never ordering something (especially an album) from England with standard postage ever again.
ruh roh. I just ordered a bike seat from england :-/ guess I'll just sit gingerly on the post for a couple weeks. :D

btkadams

subrock said:
ruh roh. I just ordered a bike seat from england :-/ guess I'll just sit gingerly on the post for a couple weeks. :D
ill let you know when i get it so you have a general idea of how long it could take.

btkadams said:
alright i guess i might as well post these. these are my own mixtapes! comment as you please! i've been told these are good to predrink to haha. the glow-in-the-dark one is the new one.

dcb1592d8c39740883051c429b42fc8d.png

Glow-in-the-Dark

Got a direct link to your soundcloud? I can only stream it from work and im being thick/lazy to find it myself

joelseph

btkadams said:

Mine didn't arrive until last Friday.

btkadams

cd arrived this morning! so that would be 12 business days it took to ship. it came from switz apparently, not uk. the crookers store is uk url though, weird.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
needlejuice said:
This is hardly ground breaking, neither am I certain if my skillz are any good. However, I've completed my first ever mix of progressive house/trance music.

Most of the tracks are more widely known from the UK House/Trance scene in the early 90's but there are a few more recent tracks in the mix too. (Just because the music is old doesn't mean it still can't kick ass!!)

Anyway for anyone interested, here is the dl link, or you can stream from there too!

http://www.4shared.com/file/244284001/fcbef74/Nightmare_Mix.html

Tracks

1) Bedrock ft KYO - For What You Dream Of (Full On Renaissance Mix)
2) Tranzformer 2 - Pacific Syphony
3) Seal - I'm Alive (Sasha & BT Atraxion Future Mix)
4) Candy Girls - Wham Bam (Sharp White Limo Remix)
5) Quench - Dreams
6) Poltergeist - Vicious Circles (Spirit Level Mix)
7) Zee - Dreamtime (Quivver Dub)
8) Space Manoeuvres - Stage One (Seperation Mix)
9) Josh Wink & Lil Louis - How's Your Evenin' So Far?
10) Man With No Name - Floor Essence (Dayglo Mix)

Any feedback would be most welcome. :D

Mix sounds fucking sick, thanks. Lots of classics on this, reminds me of what Sasha used to play in the mid 90's. But I was never big on that Josh Wink/Lil Louis track tho...

btkadams

what happens if a dj has to piss? don't some get a little drunk when they play? you HAVE to piss within a 2 hour period if you've had a little bit to drink.

joelseph

btkadams said:
what happens if a dj has to piss? don't some get a little drunk when they play? you HAVE to piss within a 2 hour period if you've had a little bit to drink.

Play a long track and book it to the bathroom. =)

btkadams

joelseph said:
i guess so eh? i just feel like i have never ever seen a dj leave the tables to piss. i guess i'm just too drunk all the time.

aoki is always wasted during his sets it seems (by the sound of his djing and the emptiness of his grey goose) and i don't recall seeing him leave during the 3 times i've seen him. even if the grey goose is just filled with water, i'd have to piss after that much and that long amount of time.

btkadams said:
i guess so eh? i just feel like i have never ever seen a dj leave the tables to piss. i guess i'm just too drunk all the time.

aoki is always wasted during his sets it seems (by the sound of his djing and the emptiness of his grey goose) and i don't recall seeing him leave during the 3 times i've seen him. even if the grey goose is just filled with water, i'd have to piss after that much and that long amount of time.

Forgot to say listened to your mixs, liked em and made work go by abit quicker :D There is one song on the newest one I liked alot but ive not gone and found out what it was yet :lol

btkadams

Johnlenham said:
Forgot to say listened to your mixs, liked em and made work go by abit quicker :D There is one song on the newest one I liked alot but ive not gone and found out what it was yet :lol
thanks! :)

djtiesto

joelseph said:

Hehe, download some Ricardo Villalobos tracks and you'll have enough time to take a shit before mixing out. :p

joelseph

Got a job promotion and haven't had time to stay up on my music of late. Keep this thread going, I like to see what you guys are into.

btkadams

Western Canadian MUSTARD PIMP fans:

Edmonton
18 Jun 2010 20:00
Venue TBA

Victoria
19 Jun 2010 20:00
Venue TBA

Vancouver
20 Jun 2010 20:00
Venue TBA

woooooo, i'm going to the edmonton show for sure!

joelseph

fireworks.fm

Only streaming audio site I can find at work that is worth a damn. Surkin selects the music, not mixed, mostly older stuff. =)

Right now is Psychic Bounty Killaz!

btkadams

joelseph said:
fireworks.fm

Only streaming audio site I can find at work that is worth a damn. Surkin selects the music, not mixed, mostly older stuff. =)

Right now is Psychic Bounty Killaz!
what are the hours for this thing? is it like 24/7?? im listening right now. old school music

subrock

btkadams said:
Western Canadian MUSTARD PIMP fans:

Edmonton
18 Jun 2010 20:00
Venue TBA

Victoria
19 Jun 2010 20:00
Venue TBA

Vancouver
20 Jun 2010 20:00
Venue TBA

woooooo, i'm going to the edmonton show for sure!
oh shit, I should see if I can get this gig.

joelseph

My god.

Kingdom and Dre Skull are starting a club night at The Studio at Webster Hall called Club Infinity. This Saturday is the first show and will feature Jubilee, Cubic Zirconia, and Egyptrixx.

If I lived in NY I would so be there.

btkadams

joelseph said:
My god.

Kingdom and Dre Skull are starting a club night at The Studio at Webster Hall called Club Infinity. This Saturday is the first show and will feature Jubilee, Cubic Zirconia, and Egyptrixx.

If I lived in NY I would so be there.
if i lived in NY i would go to so many shows at webster hall. it gets killer lineups.

theres a show there with mustard pimp and like 4 others, for only 5 bucks. that's just fucking awesome.

subrock said:
oh shit, I should see if I can get this gig.

Bit random but any chance you could upload your BANG BANG disco mix to megaupload or something? I want it on my ipod and never downloaded it when I had the chance :lol

btkadams

mixed at my boyfriend's party on friday. was awesome! so much fun.

also, i'm going to london at the end of august and im planning on hitting up the southwest four music festival.

i'm hoping to see Boys Noize, Fatboy Slim, Erol Alkan, Vitalic, Carl Cox, A-Trak, and Jack Beats. it'll be awesome!

jdforge

Banned
djtiesto said:
Mix sounds fucking sick, thanks. Lots of classics on this, reminds me of what Sasha used to play in the mid 90's. But I was never big on that Josh Wink/Lil Louis track tho...

Cheers for the feedback :D

djtiesto

I put together a 45 min bouncy tech house mix for my friend's podcast. Not the best thing I've ever done, but it came out decent:

Link:
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/65592916/file.html

Tracklist:
Birds & Souls - Birds & Souls [Spectral Sound]
Josh Wink - Dolphin Smack (Martin Buttrich mix) [Ovum]
Oxia - Whole Life [8bit]
Stephan Luke - Invisible Man (Sultan and Ned Shepard mix) [Harem]
Pirupa & Pigi - Sweet Devil [Noir Music]
Cirez D - Glow [Mouseville]

btkadams

thanks subrock :)

gaf djs, how many backups of your music do you have? i'm exceptionally scared of my hdd crashing. i have a backup of all my music that i update every week or so. should i be having 2 backups? i just remember seeing a few times on gaf people saying that they've had 2 drives fail at once and that terrifies me. i know it's extremely unlikely, but i thought i'd get other people's opinions who actually NEED their music for their jobs.

Top Bottom