• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

subrock

thanks for being patient!

http://soundcloud.com/touch-bass/getting-warmer
1. Booka Shade - Bad Love
2. Telonius - Hit Me (Ian Pooley Dub)
3. Unai - u And I
4. Ou Est Le Swimming Pool - These New Knights
5. Miami Horror - Sometimes (Shazam remix)
6. TV Rock - In The Air (Grum Remix)
7. Tiga - What You Need (Chromeo Remix)
8. Swick - Grow Up (Cassian Remix)
9. Priors - What You Need (DCUP Remix)
10. Jump Jump Dance Dance - Show Me The Night (Human Life's West Coast Girls Remix)
11. Grum - Can't Shake This Feeling (Aston Shuffle Remix)
12. Flight Facilities and Giselle - Crave You (Cassian remix)
13. DCUP - To Be In Love (Universe Remix)
14. logo - La Vie Moderne
15. Cassette Kids - Spin Cassian Remix
16. Admiral Freebee - Always On The Run (Kistov Remix)
17. The Aston Shuffle - I Wanna See You
18. Paul Johnson - She Got Me On (Neoteric Edit)
19. Farley Jackmaster Funk - Love Cant Turn Around (Lifelike remix)
20. Two Door Cinema Club - Something Good Can Work (The Twelves Remix)

Wes

venison crêpe
^ will check out this tonight!

What do you guys make of Swedish House Mafia's "One"? I like it but I don't think it's earthshattering.

subrock

Haha, glad you guys are digging it! I feel like I'm getting a bit better at sticking to a theme and this one stayed on course really well.

More feedback is welcome!

Rktk

Touch Bass, that sounds really good.

Hadn't heard that Booka Shade track before, also Logo - La vie moderne, awesome.

okno

Nyx said:
Holy shit Magda was so freaking awesome last week, some vids :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvO3UM5Iq7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoXOPZYtOW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOGrzOfwhzI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_63fir_ibI

Really happy with this pretty new organisation, awesome lasershows, funktion one speakers (which are AWESOME), low entry prices, and usually they throw parties in a location which is a 5 minute walk from my frontdoor.

Thanks for pointing out these vids! Magda is easily my favorite DJ at the moment. I've been listening to a couple of mixes I got from UMP3. Absolutely amazing DJ and I don't know of anyone else who does quite what she does. Her style is so unique and just so fucking FUNKY! I love her to death.

Also, this is a note for EVERYONE READING THIS THREAD: check out www.ump3.de . It's a music blog, of sorts, but if you go to the 'Audio' section of the site (www.ump3.de/audio), you will find a gigantic list of DJs on the right hand side, each with a link to a profile which holds information on the DJ's life, releases, etc., etc. The kicker, though, is that each profile holds AT LEAST one live set by said DJ, all listed by the year it occurred. Most of the really big name DJs have dozens of mixes, but the smaller DJs tend to only have a small handful. Every mix I've downloaded has been of superb audio quality, not one has had bad artifacting, and none of them sound like an audience recording. There are also, sometimes, videos on the profile pages, but there aren't very many as of now. Really, really, really awesome website.

Slizz

subrock said:
Haha, glad you guys are digging it! I feel like I'm getting a bit better at sticking to a theme and this one stayed on course really well.

More feedback is welcome!
You know me subrock, awesome mix as always, but it is the summer and I wanna see more beach time bangers(I am aware you're in Canada lol).

subrock

Slizz said:
You know me subrock, awesome mix as always, but it is the summer and I wanna see more beach time bangers(I am aware you're in Canada lol).
I have something special for you coming next time :D

Rktk

okno said:
Thanks for pointing out these vids! Magda is easily my favorite DJ at the moment. I've been listening to a couple of mixes I got from UMP3. Absolutely amazing DJ and I don't know of anyone else who does quite what she does. Her style is so unique and just so fucking FUNKY! I love her to death.
Saw her do a set at Fabric last November, it was fantastic.

subrock

hot dang, downloads are going fast on this mix. if it hits the limit and anyone still wants to grab it lemme know and I'll throw it up on mediafire.

hope you guys are diggin it!

subrock said:
hot dang, downloads are going fast on this mix. if it hits the limit and anyone still wants to grab it lemme know and I'll throw it up on mediafire.

hope you guys are diggin it!

I control the music in car journeys and even my mrs likes this mix which is saying something! The east coast /west coast girls song the most :lol

subrock

Johnlenham said:
I control the music in car journeys and even my mrs likes this mix which is saying something! The east coast /west coast girls song the most :lol
I aim to make my mixes girl friendly. its funny how differently I play when I'm actually live. it's like lifelike on tape and bloody beetroots when I'm live.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
needlejuice said:
Another mix I threw together, still rocking the old school vibe :)

Tonto's Drum (Lexicon Avenue Mix) - Eagles Prey
Little Bullet (High Velocity Mix) - Spooky
Lost In Love (Sasha Mix) - Up Yer Ronson
Torwart (Louder Bass Mix) - Dee Piece
The Gloom - Castle Trancelott
No Other Love (12" Version) - Blue Amazon
Four Seasons - Blue Amazon
Are You Out There? - Crescendo
Steppin' To The Sound - Flammable
Vicious Circles (Union Jack Remix) - Poltergeist
The First Rebirth (Airwave Remix) - Jones & Stephenson
Water (Spooky's Heavy Water Mix) - Jo Bogaert
Pacific Symphony - Tranzformer 2

http://www.4shared.com/file/257892791/9f940db1/are_you_going_outside.html

Enjoy!

I finally took a listen to this and kudos, apart from a few problems with the levels (a few songs sounded noticeably louder than others), it's really good. I absolutely love the music on display, lots of retro progressive house classics. You should try posting this on tranceaddict.com DJ mixes section, a lot of people over there dig this type of music. It's a shame more people aren't commenting on this one.

subrock said:
I aim to make my mixes girl friendly. its funny how differently I play when I'm actually live. it's like lifelike on tape and bloody beetroots when I'm live.
Well its more the fact she hates pretty much all of my music :lol
"ugh what is this noise it hurts my ears"
"you listen to weird stuff"
"this is just noise"
Are the usual comments, mostly aimed Drum and Bass and Electro stuff

subrock

shit, I just had to turn down opening for LA riots because I have another show booked that night. when it rains it pours :-/

Shaneus

The new Tiesto remix of Rocket by Goldfrapp has no right to be this addictive. I hate that I love it :(

Edit: While I'm at it, everyone needs to get onto the new remix of Dark Flower by Robert Babicz (Fever Mix). Hot shit.

btkadams

Shaneus said:
The new Tiesto remix of Rocket by Goldfrapp has no right to be this addictive. I hate that I love it :(

Edit: While I'm at it, everyone needs to get onto the new remix of Dark Flower by Robert Babicz (Fever Mix). Hot shit.
tiesto has been hanging around way too many talented artists lately to not be even a little bit influenced. honestly, i've noticed his music has improved over the past year or two. it's still not at the level where i can like him much, but i feel like he's getting better.

Shaneus

So many good songs coming out now, I really need to do another mix (it's been a year ffs). This one in particular:
Louis Diamond - Leek (Libex remix)

is amazing. As is:
Tiga - What You Need (A-Trak remix)

Rktk

New John Acquaviva podcast:
293iro4.jpg

Live at Pacha in Buenos Aires, April 2010
http://cdn4.libsyn.com/acquaviva/April_2010_Live_from_Buenos_Aires_at_Pacha.mp3

01 | Sickness feat. Meggy - Original Mix - David Keno, M.in
02 | House Is feat. Mustafa Akbar - Lissat & Voltaxx Remix - Saeed Younan
03 | gone hunting - Acquaviva Giacomotto-definitive
04 | Hurt - Martinez Dark Soul Remix - Matthew Dear, Seth Troxler-Spectral Sound
05 | Aguja - Original Mix - Kaiserdisco-MBF
06 | What You Want - Original Mix - D-Formation, Ferrero-BeatFreak Recordings
07 | back down - Olivier Giacomotto-Definitive
08 | Hoo Cha Cha - Acquaviva Giacomotto-definitive
09 | Raw - David Amo, Julio Navas, Gustavo Bravetti
10 | Ash Cloud - Acquaviva Giacomotto-definitive promo
11 | Jaguar (Freaker Booty Mix) - DJ Freaker promo
12 | Land Of Spirits - Original Mix - Mastiksoul-Tretmuehle
13 | Old Sunshine - Tim Green-get physical
14 | 96 degrees-riva starr mash up - Giacomotto & dj T
15 | Paradigm House - Original Mix - Maetrik-Treibstuff
16 | Devi8or - Original Mix - D.Ramirez-Slave
17 | Cradle Of Life (Phunk Investigation Ah Ha Mix) - Phunk Investigation-promo
18 | Shibuya - DJ Tonio-Definitive
19 | dec09-Shameless - Original Rework - D-Formation-BeatFreak Recordings
20 | Mmh Hmm - Original Mix - John Acquaviva, Olivier Giacomotto
21 | Scatterbrained - Jan van Lier-Definitive promo

09 | Raw - David Amo, Julio Navas, Gustavo Bravetti - probably my favourite house track at the moment. Any tech-house fan should be subscribing to this awesomeness.
http://www.john-acquaviva.com/

subrock

Shaneus said:
Wow. Creamfields Melbourne was incredibly average. Lifelike was horrible and it broke my heart :(
saw lifelike and alan braxe at the same show... both were terrible... which to me was shocking.

Shaneus

I honestly couldn't believe it. His techniques for cross-fading were just... wow. Even on his own tracks! He thoroughly butchered his remix of Love Can't Turn Around (my favourite track of his by far) by removing the main buildup and rearranging the track into an incoherent mess. Not only that, but he played Discopolis all the way up to the buildup then mixed out of it! He even played Warp by Bloody Beetroots toward the end of his set :lol

This was on the main stage too. I don't even know why he does festivals... his music was made for lounges and small bars/clubs.

But having said that, he did introduce me to Poison Lips by Vitalic. (Side question: Does anyone know who did the vocal for it? Reminded me of Alison Goldfrapp.)

Green Velvet was great, as was Dave Clarke, Tommie Sunshine and MSTRKRFT. I saw Bloody Beetroots for about 5 minutes and they bored the shit out of me. Kid Sister was WOEFUL and I think Acid Jacks were coked out of their skulls doing some of the most pathetic mixing I'd ever seen. I think both they and Lifelike have inspired me to do some mixes again. If they can play like that and still get live gigs, then I should too!

Shaneus

Yeah, they were great. Prefer them much more that Beetroots. Their mashup of the guitar solo from DP's Aerodynamic with Thunderstruck was epic.

BTW Both Lifelike and MSTRKRFT (I think, there were a lot of acts) played the original of Rollin' and Scratchin'. Was it re-released or something?

btkadams

Shaneus said:
Yeah, they were great. Prefer them much more that Beetroots. Their mashup of the guitar solo from DP's Aerodynamic with Thunderstruck was epic.

BTW Both Lifelike and MSTRKRFT (I think, there were a lot of acts) played the original of Rollin' and Scratchin'. Was it re-released or something?
i don't think it was rereleased. i've just noticed a trend this past year or two of djs mixing that in. it's like it's getting new life again, but i really don't think it's been rereleased at all. there was also a fantastic gonzales remix of it maybe 6 months ago that probably gave it some more attention.

okno

Shaneus said:
But having said that, he did introduce me to Poison Lips by Vitalic. (Side question: Does anyone know who did the vocal for it? Reminded me of Alison Goldfrapp.)
Vitalic uses crazy, crazy samples and is very, very secretive about what he samples. So, it's hard to say. I've read a few interviews and several reviews since the release of his new cd (which is EPIC and everyone should have), and have found no information on his samples.

However, it's very likely it's a pitched-up and screwed vocal of himself. It's a voice that is carried throughout most of his work, and can be heard throughout both Flashmob as well as Ok, Cowboy. So, it's either just him, or a friend. When I saw him play in February, he did have a microphone in front of him, but I don't remember seeing him use it (throughout most of the show I was tending to an ill friend (asthma), and eventually had to leave before it was over.)

Shaneus

Cheers for that. I actually had a bit more of a look into it and he's using some kind of software (or hardware) called "Brigitte". No more information other than that, but it's the most realistic vocal I've heard used in an electronic track ever. However, you can definitely tell it's synthesized if you listen really carefully.

Doesn't take anything away from the track, though... it's AMAZING.

joelseph

4600691750_b454f47b59.jpg

Kingdom – Live Set for Mix Up on Triple J Radio – April 2010 – 60 min.
http://www.mediafire.com/?gejmmmwzm0w

01. Kingdom – Mind Reader ft. Shyvonne (Bok Bok Remix)
02. Brackles & Shortstuff – Pipey D
03. EMZ – Basssss
04. DJ Bigga – Boeke Anthem
05. Soha – Izabelle
06. Egyptrixx – Everybody Bleeding (Kingdom Remix)
07. Vjuan Allure – Intensified
08. Mike Q – Kunt Remix
09. DJ Small – Limp By Limp
10. DJ Parra – El Tribal Rapido y Furioso
11. Roska – I Need Love (ft. Anesha)
12. Mikix The Cat – The Key (Kingdom Remix)
13. Girl Unit – I.R.L.
14. Ikonika – Idiot
15. Davinche – Phaze
16. OMG Michelle – You Don’t Know Michelle (Prod. Kingdom)
17. 8 Ball & MJG – Dont Make (Prod. Bangladesh)
18. Bitch Ass Darius – Ride
18. Kill Frenzy – Finna Get On Da Flo
19. TOK – Good Like Gold
20. DJ Rashad – Juke It From Behind (ft. Gant-Man)

Galang

Banned
btkadams said:
as much as people like to hate on MSTRKRFT, they put on a fantastic show.

Could never understand the hate for MSTRKRFT... I keep missing their live shows, despite almost living in Toronto. They've created some outstanding tracks across both albums.

Love Bounce. Get more credit for getting Isis in on the track over Kid Sister. :D

Patrick Bateman said:

You Love Her Coz She's Dead is awesome. New track Paraffin is also available here:
http://www.buffetlibredjs.net/europe.html

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
btkadams said:
tiesto has been hanging around way too many talented artists lately to not be even a little bit influenced. honestly, i've noticed his music has improved over the past year or two. it's still not at the level where i can like him much, but i feel like he's getting better.

Hmm, actually I think over the past few years, his music has steadily declined... compared to such songs like "Lethal Industry", "Suburban Train" and his remix of Delerium's "Silence", and compared to the early ISOS series. Perhaps its time for a name change, but too many people know me via this name. :p

I was surprised to find that I liked the recent song he did with Diplo much more than I was expecting.

Alucrid

Banned
Man, I can't get over The Twelves. Their remix of nearly everything is awesome...I've been listening to their remix of Pacific! - Hot Lips for a few times on repeat so far.

btkadams

djtiesto said:
Hmm, actually I think over the past few years, his music has steadily declined... compared to such songs like "Lethal Industry", "Suburban Train" and his remix of Delerium's "Silence", and compared to the early ISOS series. Perhaps its time for a name change, but too many people know me via this name. :p

I was surprised to find that I liked the recent song he did with Diplo much more than I was expecting.
oh well you know that we have different tastes. maybe it's him moving out of trance a bit and more into the slight direction of electro/house that's got me liking it a bit more, while you like it a bit less.
Alucrid said:
Man, I can't get over The Twelves. Their remix of nearly everything is awesome...I've been listening to their remix of Pacific! - Hot Lips for a few times on repeat so far.
i've always really dug the twelves. i've been listening to them for a few years now but i just feel like all of their stuff is sounding the same now. it all sounds great, but they're just very similar. it might have to do with their lives show using keyboards rather than djing completely different sounding songs.

subrock said:
I have something special for you coming next time :D

Something for around June 3rd would-be nice, something to play at a certain party of mine ;):lol

Any decent mixs about in general? bit ermmm tried of the stuff ive got on cycle atm

btkadams

*cough*

2vl0d47.jpg

Coloured Mixtape

DOWNLOAD

Tracklist:
1. Watch This! - MAKE&MODEL
2. Gomma Gomma (Original Mix) - Gigi Barocco
3. Hyper (Original Mix) - Sound of Stereo
4. Weapon of Choice 2010 (Lazy Rich Remix) - Fatboy Slim
5. Cookies With a Smile (Original Mix) - Dada Life
6. Till Tonight (MSTRKRFT Remix) - Laidback Luke
7. Babylon (Dub) - Congorock
8. Acapella (Benny Benassi Remix) - Kelis
9. Il Buono (Original Mix) - Crookers
10. Easy Lady (Congorock Extended Remix) - Spagna
11. Silvia (Savage Skulls & Tony Senghore Remix) - Miike Snow
12. I Wanna See You - The Aston Shuffle
13. Victims feat. Whiskey Pete (Original Mix) - Villains
14. Nyce (Original Mix) - Moguai
15. Face Pump (Original Mix) - JFK + St. Mandrew
16. Popular Music intro - Felix Cartal
17. WTF feat. Kid Sister & Pase Rock (Deekline & Tim Healey VIP House Remix) (MAKE&MODEL EDIT) - Tittsworth
18. Highway (Original Mix) - High Powered Boys, Bobmo, Surkin
19. Bubonic (Mustard Pimp Remix) - AutoErotique
20. Hey Hey (Vandalism Remix) - Dennis Ferrer
21. Clockwork (Valerna Remix) - Juelz Santana
22. Miami to Atlanta (Original Mix) - Pryda
23. Valium - Mustard Pimp
24. Pool Party 2008 (Original Mix) - SHAZAM
25. Let it Lemonade (MAKE&MODEL Mash-Up) - Kevin Rudolf, Benny Benassi

Duration: 1:11:32

Morris

Disco Devil
Hey Electronic Music GAF, wanna listen to some of my disco / house mixtapes ?

This one is a bit old but i still luv it
Deep Space 7

I lost the artwork lol
Tracklist:
Linkwood & House Of Traps - Barely Eagle
Rocha - Hands Of Love (Fingers Of Sand)
Jarle Brathen - Søder
Hercule - Sunday Morning Fever
Runaway - Your League
Ilija Rudman - Two Face Love
40 Thieves - Don’t Turn It Off (Brennan Green Remix)
Social Disco Club - Man Of Magic
The Diaphanoids - Mermaids Of Lunaris (A Blackjoy Discomix)
Spatial & Co - Bass Power
Broadway - Kiss You All Over
Smith & Mudd - The Delivery Man

And this one is newer, but i had a hard time trying to mix it, you can hear some terrible tempo changes here, i still love the tracklist tho

Disco For Beardy Kids

2vwustx.jpg

Tracklist:
Eddie Kendricks - Going Up In Smoke (Super Value Edit)
6th Borough Project - Stratus Quo
Dennis Parker - Like An Eagle (Todd Terje Edit)
Pilooski - AAA
C.O.M.B.i. - Kill
GQ - Disco Nights (Frico Edit)
Glitter Band - Makes You Blind
Joey Negro - Beyond The Dance (The Revenge Demo Mix)
Saturday Night Band - Don't (SDC Edit)
Brooklyn Dreams - Music, Harmony & Rhythm (Stupid Human Edit)

I'm still learning how to mix, that explains some terrible fades you might found here. I hope anybody in the mood for some disco schnizzle enjoys them!

btkadams said:
*cough*

Coloured Mixtape

DOWNLOAD

Tracklist:
1. Watch This! - MAKE&MODEL
2. Gomma Gomma (Original Mix) - Gigi Barocco
3. Hyper (Original Mix) - Sound of Stereo
4. Weapon of Choice 2010 (Lazy Rich Remix) - Fatboy Slim
5. Cookies With a Smile (Original Mix) - Dada Life
6. Till Tonight (MSTRKRFT Remix) - Laidback Luke
7. Babylon (Dub) - Congorock
8. Acapella (Benny Benassi Remix) - Kelis
9. Il Buono (Original Mix) - Crookers
10. Easy Lady (Congorock Extended Remix) - Spagna
11. Silvia (Savage Skulls & Tony Senghore Remix) - Miike Snow
12. I Wanna See You - The Aston Shuffle
13. Victims feat. Whiskey Pete (Original Mix) - Villains
14. Nyce (Original Mix) - Moguai
15. Face Pump (Original Mix) - JFK + St. Mandrew
16. Popular Music intro - Felix Cartal
17. WTF feat. Kid Sister & Pase Rock (Deekline & Tim Healey VIP House Remix) (MAKE&MODEL EDIT) - Tittsworth
18. Highway (Original Mix) - High Powered Boys, Bobmo, Surkin
19. Bubonic (Mustard Pimp Remix) - AutoErotique
20. Hey Hey (Vandalism Remix) - Dennis Ferrer
21. Clockwork (Valerna Remix) - Juelz Santana
22. Miami to Atlanta (Original Mix) - Pryda
23. Valium - Mustard Pimp
24. Pool Party 2008 (Original Mix) - SHAZAM
25. Let it Lemonade (MAKE&MODEL Mash-Up) - Kevin Rudolf, Benny Benassi

Duration: 1:11:32

Edit: listened to it a few times and this might come of as a backhanded compliment but its a fuck load better than your previous work :) Alot of good tunes aswell.
The beginning is fucking weird but it made me chuckle so ill let you off :lol

subrock said:
thanks for being patient!

http://soundcloud.com/touch-bass/getting-warmer
1. Booka Shade - Bad Love
2. Telonius - Hit Me (Ian Pooley Dub)
3. Unai - u And I
4. Ou Est Le Swimming Pool - These New Knights
5. Miami Horror - Sometimes (Shazam remix)
6. TV Rock - In The Air (Grum Remix)
7. Tiga - What You Need (Chromeo Remix)
8. Swick - Grow Up (Cassian Remix)
9. Priors - What You Need (DCUP Remix)
10. Jump Jump Dance Dance - Show Me The Night (Human Life's West Coast Girls Remix)
11. Grum - Can't Shake This Feeling (Aston Shuffle Remix)
12. Flight Facilities and Giselle - Crave You (Cassian remix)
13. DCUP - To Be In Love (Universe Remix)
14. logo - La Vie Moderne
15. Cassette Kids - Spin Cassian Remix
16. Admiral Freebee - Always On The Run (Kistov Remix)
17. The Aston Shuffle - I Wanna See You
18. Paul Johnson - She Got Me On (Neoteric Edit)
19. Farley Jackmaster Funk - Love Cant Turn Around (Lifelike remix)
20. Two Door Cinema Club - Something Good Can Work (The Twelves Remix)

"This track has reached its download quota"

:( :(

Pepto

Banned
I've also got a mix for gaf.

This is drum & bass if you can't tell by the tracklist:

01. Performance – The Living (Drumsound & Bassline Smith Remix)
02. Mass Production – Two Drops
03. DJ Vapour – Pentapeptides
04. Urban Assault – Kid Dynomite
05. Steamboy – Warning Light
06. Sidney Samson feat Wizard Sleeve – Riverside (Let’s Go!) (TC Remix)
07. Agent Alvin – Moonlight Bay
08. Burma – Gringo Gunman
09. DJ Vapour – Gurners Anthem
10. Gridlock – Wake Up! (BSE Remix)
11. Mass Production – Mushroom Forest
12. Callide – Ecstasy Rising
13. Mutated Forms – High Sines Low Claps
14. Muffler – Pinball Fantasies Remix
15. Lutin – Planet Ogo
16. Majistrate & Nicol – Mankind
17. Krust – Rhodes Less Travelled
18. DJ Hazard – Real Shit