• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

jdforge

Banned
Another mix I threw together, still rocking the old school vibe :)

Tonto's Drum (Lexicon Avenue Mix) - Eagles Prey
Little Bullet (High Velocity Mix) - Spooky
Lost In Love (Sasha Mix) - Up Yer Ronson
Torwart (Louder Bass Mix) - Dee Piece
The Gloom - Castle Trancelott
No Other Love (12" Version) - Blue Amazon
Four Seasons - Blue Amazon
Are You Out There? - Crescendo
Steppin' To The Sound - Flammable
Vicious Circles (Union Jack Remix) - Poltergeist
The First Rebirth (Airwave Remix) - Jones & Stephenson
Water (Spooky's Heavy Water Mix) - Jo Bogaert
Pacific Symphony - Tranzformer 2

http://www.4shared.com/file/257892791/9f940db1/are_you_going_outside.html

Enjoy!

subrock

btkadams said:
thanks subrock :)

gaf djs, how many backups of your music do you have? i'm exceptionally scared of my hdd crashing. i have a backup of all my music that i update every week or so. should i be having 2 backups? i just remember seeing a few times on gaf people saying that they've had 2 drives fail at once and that terrifies me. i know it's extremely unlikely, but i thought i'd get other people's opinions who actually NEED their music for their jobs.
I have my main DJ playlist on mediafire but thats it really. if I could get around to buying a HD I would back up more but I'm lazy, what can I say.

joelseph

Midnight Juggernauts new mixtape is a monster..

Starts off slow and low but picks up towards the end. Anytime you see SALEM in a mix you know its gonna be a fun ride.

The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band – A Child’s Guide to Good and Evil
Eroc – Der Prophet
Midnight Juggernauts – Fantastic Valleys
FLRL – Poppies Count
Rob – Femme Et Enfant (Ft. Sebastian Tellier)
Its A Fine Line – Woman
Gold Ether – In Armies
Gucci Mane – Round One (Salem Remix)
Lemonade – Big Weekend
FLRL – Kz
In Heaven (Lady In The Radiator Song)

Ive no idea if such a thing exists but I really need some sort of London Club info funnelling thingamajig.

I found out Crookers were playing by pure accident in Koko but didn't get to go as my gf and girl mate were worried they wouldnt like the music as my taste is "weird" so total £50 for tickets was to much :(

I then found out the night before that Yuksek was playing at Heaven (its a gay club most of the time, no idea if it is all the time though) and well it was sold out.
And then again by pure accident found out Crystal Castles were playing there in May but its sold out...

Its really quite annoying that I miss all these acts I want to see :(

btkadams

Johnlenham said:
Ive no idea if such a thing exists but I really need some sort of London Club info funnelling thingamajig.

I found out Crookers were playing by pure accident in Koko but didn't get to go as my gf and girl mate were worried they wouldnt like the music as my taste is "weird" so total £50 for tickets was to much :(

I then found out the night before that Yuksek was playing at Heaven (its a gay club most of the time, no idea if it is all the time though) and well it was sold out.
And then again by pure accident found out Crystal Castles were playing there in May but its sold out...

Its really quite annoying that I miss all these acts I want to see :(
tell me about it! i have a chance to go to creamfield festival at the end of august near leeds (im going to england for a week), BUT i'm going with my brother and parents. my brother doesn't want to go, so i don't want to go alone.

alex metric, crookers, afrojack, a bunch of people are gonna be there. i would've been stoked!

im going to the sunday of the south west four festival in london though if i can't get to creamfields. jackbeats shall be dope.

btkadams said:
tell me about it! i have a chance to go to creamfield festival at the end of august near leeds (im going to england for a week), BUT i'm going with my brother and parents. my brother doesn't want to go, so i don't want to go alone.

alex metric, crookers, afrojack, a bunch of people are gonna be there. i would've been stoked!

im going to the sunday of the south west four festival in london though if i can't get to creamfields. jackbeats shall be dope.

What in the fuck. Why have I not heard of South west four. My mate lives in bloody clapham!!!

Oh my. I might have to convince/force my friends to go to atleast Sunday, Together arena looks to be rather good. Mind you im hoping alot of them will be at Glastonbury in June

btkadams

Johnlenham said:
What in the fuck. Why have I not heard of South west four. My mate lives in bloody clapham!!!

Oh my. I might have to convince/force my friends to go to atleast Sunday, Together arena looks to be rather good. Mind you im hoping alot of them will be at Glastonbury in June
yeah the together arena looks dope! i'm really stoked for it, already got my ticket.

btkadams

rented some P.A.'s and set them up in my friends basement last night. we had a sick party and i mixed for a few hours. i had so much fun, im glad im playing more regularly in front of people now, i hope i keep it up because i feel like you learn a lot more about how to perform when you're in the moment in front of a crowd.

joelseph

Just downloaded the Buraka Som Sistema's BBC Essential mix and had totally forgotten how much I loved these guys.

Ah!!, I think they edited Douster's King of Africa!! so hot.

So, I was listening to some sports talk radio station on my way into bowling this afternoon, and the bumper music was fucking Cascada - Evacuate the Dance Floor.

Please, GAF. Tell me that my ridiculous love for this song isn't misplaced. Because it won't get out of my fucking head. I need to know I'm not crazy...and if there are any awesome remixes. :)

btkadams

Skiptastic said:
So, I was listening to some sports talk radio station on my way into bowling this afternoon, and the bumper music was fucking Cascada - Evacuate the Dance Floor.

Please, GAF. Tell me that my ridiculous love for this song isn't misplaced. Because it won't get out of my fucking head. I need to know I'm not crazy...and if there are any awesome remixes. :)
not that i was ever a fan, but i felt she really changed her styles. remember "Everytime We Touch"?? totally different genre. kinda weird.

also, here's my answer to your question. the song is bad. haha at least for me, it just is generic dance/pop. BUT it does have some cool sounds in it which are catchy. im sure youll grow tired of it soon, don't worry. and i actually haven't got a hold of any notable remixes of it either. i'll let you know though!

btkadams

hey subrock, neoteric is playing at BSD with smalltowndjs this friday. its at the university. always a massive turnout since its a beer gardens in the middle of the day in the uni parking lots. i get to see this friend of yours finally! next time i want to see you play.

heres a vid of last year

btkadams

Outdoor Miner said:
Even though this is not groundbreaking in that is is over a decade old, but I stumbled upon this while on the interwebz

Banco de Gaia -Big Men Cry

Fucking amazing.

What would this be classified as? I'm not very good at the electronic genre naming game.
the description on youtube fits it pretty well. ambient/chill out is what id call it but im no expert of those genres. have been getting more into chill out music though lately though and i would put it in one of those playlists personally. cool song though! thanks for that

Rktk

David Amo & Julio Navas Feat. Gustavo Bravetti - Raw (Original Mix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDU0oy2ggAo&fmt=18

Jochen Pash feat. Chelonis R Jones - Mathematics (Belocca Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oXVlhep6w0&fmt=18

Breakbot - Penelope Pitstop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDMCd3ckySQ&fmt=18

I've seen Faze Action as part of some mixes posted here, if you're a fan of disco sound then you can't go wrong with their album Stratus Energy (2009). First heard them on the Durrr Podcast last July.

122zp85.jpg

Awesome album art.

Goodlovin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK1pBVJmdDQ&fmt=18
I Wanna Dancer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mftR0sJoTQQ&fmt=18

joelseph

Latest LuckyMe is Kingdom, thank you ladies! Gaf needs to recognize. =)

http://thisisluckyme.com/html/1music/mixtapes.html

69. Kingdom - April Fools Gold Part 2 Mixtape

Peace to Cynthia.

Back when myspace was really fucking exciting Eclair Fifi added a then 'DJ Ezra aka KINGDOM' who we bugged for his flip of Bustas 'Eyes Can See'. We made some swaps and stayed in touch and when we toured the US in late 08 Kingdom came down and we finally met in person right before we blew up the amp in Nu Blu. Jump forward to April 2010 and Kingdom is down with our peoples at Night Slugs (THE TRUTH!!!!) and has put out his first cerftified anthem in the form of his debut 12" - Mindreader ft Shyvonne (Fools Gold Records). With two European tours in 4 months, Miami Winter Music, SXSW, tours of OZ and Radio One shine - man it's looking like this is gonna be the year that Kingdom gets what he's due. His sensibility is perfect. Back in like, February I think it was we played this show for Last.Fm at Cargo which wrapped up about 4 and then we slogged up to the Egg at Kings Cross for the Night Slugs label launch. By the time we got there the smoke was thick in the air and the crowd were grindin on each other. The booth was a who's-who of shit we're excited about right now: Bok Bok, L Vis, Mosca, Greena, Jam City, Ikonika, and Manara on the mic. Then this dancing shape from out the smoke takes to the booth and it's Kingdom, banging out steel drums on some CD-R carnivale. My memory of that night is buckafast-hazey but just in terms of vibe, Kingdom was the most satisfyingly 'on my own shit' DJ I've seen in ages. Every success this year killer. Thank you for the mix. You've been busy.

01. Egyptrixx - Everybody Bleeding (Kingdom Remix ft. Shyvonne)
02. Marlon D - Funky Angel (Edit ft. Lumidee) <3<3<3<3<3
03. Cooly G - Weak
04. DJ Clock - My Feelings
05. Roska - I Need Love (ft. Anesha)
06. Mike Q - Master Blaster 2009
07. Mike Q - Bring You Up
08. DJ Abis - My Derb
09. DJ Otto - Soy El Diablo
10. Girl Unit - I.R.L.
11. No Lay - Unorthodox Daughter (Kingdom Remix)
12. Shareefa - Hustlin'
13. Erykah Badu - Bag Lady (Girl Unit Juke Mix)
14. DJ Pierre - Baby Talk
15. Kingdom - Red Baron Juke
16. Gremino - Let's Jack
17. Plasticman - White Gloves
18. Ciara - Speechless (ft. The-Dream)

Wes said:
My latest audio crush, Florrie.

Call 911 (Fred Falke mix)
Panic Attack (Justin Faust mix)
Panic Attack (Fred Falke mix)
Panic Attack (Def Starr remix)

There's also a mix of Panic Attack out by Bit Funk which is also good. Which is my favourite? I don't know right now. I'm having fun listening to them all.

Holy fuck, I love Fred Falke. This Call 911 mix is fucking ace. Just amazing. This is why I subscribe to this thread. Florrie sounds pretty awesome! :)

If you don't like Fred Falke, I don't even know how to relate. You have no soul. (Not aimed at anyone here, just in general.)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Johnlenham said:
Glastonburys line up got released, few people I liek are there (crystal castles, Jack beats, boy 8 bit) and a fair few I dont recognise. Anyideas if there any good ? (mostly east and west dance stage)
Line up

This is pretty sick aswell.
Mustard Pimp - Kiwi (Gigi Barocco Rmx) Dim Mak

I don't think there's anything that could be more up my alley than this stage:

Glade Stage
Sasha
Quivver
Hybrid
Way Out West
Afrobeta
Husky Rescue
TBA
Charles Hazelwood Allstars

Also, would definitely see Nick Warren's solo DJ set, The Orb, Aeroplane, Banco de Gaia, Above and Beyond, Faithless, Chromeo, Stanton Warriors, Sander K (even though he kinda sucks now, I'd hope for the best). Not into electro at all anymore so dunno who's good in that scene.

Galang

Banned
Wes said:

This is my favorite out of the ones posted. Fred Falke has done a lot of great remixes, my favorite is Lykke Li - I'm Good, I'm Gone (Fred Falke Remix) . Also enjoy Omega Man.

Anyone heard any of the new Crystal Castle tracks this week? I was a fan before, but I think they may just become my favorite group after this. They've really hit a sweet spot with what I've heard so far. Although Doe Deer is kind of grating on the ears, Celestica is beautiful. Though I can see why people would like Doe Deer, its such a raw sound but definitely not easily accessible, Crystal Castles - Doe Deer.

btkadams

i upgraded to 4gb ram and 2 hours into my ableton set there is no stutters. looks like that solved it! i recommend any ableton live performers to use at least a duocore with 4gb of ram. i have over 80 tracks in one session so if you are in the same boat, listen to my advice!

Shaneus

I was about to say that he had a compilation album out a few years ago, but then I remembered that I always get confused between Fred Falke and Alan Braxe :lol

Wes

venison crêpe
Remember guys tonight is the celebration for the 500th Essential Mix on Radio One! Tong is starting his show now and the mix is on later.

The 500th Essential Mix will be broadcast live from the Circus nightclub in Liverpool on 24 Apr from 1am to 3am, followed by live sets from Sasha and Richie Hawtin. The identity of the landmark mixer will be revealed on Pete Tong's show on 23 Apr between 9pm and 11pm.

Hype hype hype!

subrock

Skiptastic said:
The unwashed masses clamor for more touch bass mixtapes. FEED THEIR DESIRE!
I'm getting close, I just dumped an assload of new tunes on my computer so we should be ready to rock in a few days here.

subrock said:
definitely benefits from the remix. the original is a bit BEP for my liking.

idk even with the remix, which I think the tune of it is pretty nice, you still have Pharrell and Uffie on vocals; two people I can't stand on the mic. :/

Shaneus

This just in: Tommie Sunshine is a surprisingly capable DJ. Very impressed!

PS. DJs I'm seeing at Creamfields Melbourne in a weeks time:

Green Velvet
Lifelike
Dave Clarke
Riva Starr
Yolanda Be Cool
MSTRKRFT
Steve Angello

Not as good a lineup as other events this year, but extremely pumped about Dave Clarke and Riva Starr. Looking forward to seeing Lifelike sipping champagne on stage again like last year at another event :lol
http://www.creamfields.com.au/melbourne.html

Top Bottom