• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

thabiz

I love sims style. Only Barry Weaver and Jeff Mills can rock three decks better than him. a true master. a dj's dj.

edit. maybe Carl Cox too. that guy was bonkers back in the day.

Widge

I love sims style. Only Barry Weaver and Jeff Mills can rock three decks better than him. a true master. a dj's dj.

edit. maybe Carl Cox too. that guy was bonkers back in the day.

It was just too much. A minute or two per track. Nothing had any room to breathe or show any dynamics. The actual tracklisting was amazing, not faulting the selection, just horrible to listen to.

Then it was followed up with Pangaea, which was bloody awesome.

Divius

b39fb40a.jpg

- Grimes - Go [soundcloud]

This is the song she originally wrote for Rihanna. #fiyah

injurai

Banned
what the fuck is this. What the fuck. Its like some kind of trance vocal brostep trap mash up.
Disappointed. I really like her album and have seen her live but this is Pop trash

no... no... you be slain and you like it

nah it's obviously for some pop/edm crowd. That brotrap interlude is really unnecessary.

Servbot24

Banned
ooooo i am all about that grimes track and i'm not even too big on her in general

you bros musta not liked that last m.i.a too well either but goddamn was that album good.

actually on second listen this track sucks but i like the idea of it

injurai

Banned
ooooo i am all about that grimes track and i'm not even too big on her in general

you bros musta not liked that last m.i.a too well either but goddamn was that album good.

actually on second listen this track sucks but i like the idea of it

I just like grimes, and some of her certainly shows through. I wouldn't give this track a second listen had rihanna helmed it. But even still that track is marred with production obviously meant for a different crowd. (arguably a crowd with questionable tastes)

M.I.A. I liked quite well, I actually never gave it a full play. I was always a bit bigger on Santigold and her newest stuff was pretty good.

Widge

Luke Abbott's newie is out this week. Is a goodie.

Raw Energy by Imre Kiss is keeping up Lobster Theramin's excellent output.

Klockworks is seeing a load of stuff from Klock's fabric get a release, Sterac's thing should be out around now and DVS1's will fire out next.

Shit loads of remasters appearing too. I just got Mood2Swing's Do It Your Way. Roach Motel's Wild Luv is getting a new showing with a bunch of uninspiring new mixes on Get Physical. Goes to show the class of the original & the DJ Pierre mixes that are included.

Big fan of Gut Nose's EP that is coming out, really textural stuff.

Liking a lot of things but not had a proper check of it all yet, my phone was being a penis yesterday.

BeeDog

that new Roberto Clementi album is dope. DOPE!

Added this as a playlist on Spotify a long time ago, but you reminded me to actually check it out.

THANKS FOR THAT.

Good GOD this album is fucking amazing! Pretty much every track on it is a stormer, jeeebus. Dare I say the best techno album so far this year, which means a lot considering just how much good shit has been put out.

Widge

Halfway through Dettmann's Fabric and it's just not grabbing me. It's solid but not in the same league as Klock/Sandwell District/Pangaea. I can hear that lots of the tracks work really well in a club context but a mix CD needs that narrative edge.

Dreaver

Went Awakenings Festival this weekend, holy shit that was good. I doubt there is a festival with a better techno line-up. Saw Max Cooper, Marcel Fengler, Jonas Kopp b2b Gary Beck, Ben Klock, Blawan, Jeff Mills, Dave Clarke, Dj Rush and The Advent vs. The Industrialyzer. I especially enjoyed Gary Beck's b2b set with Jonas Kopp and Dave Clarke, but everything was really good.

Dave played so extremely hard that he blew up the speakers at the end of the set. The dj after him (Dj Rush) had to wait about 20-30 minutes before they fixed the music. He was not amused to say at least, and decided to pick up the microphone to start raging against the organization. I bet the organization felt pretty ashamed lol.

edit: here is the set from Dave Clarke

fake slightly off-topic dj question edit: I have a Traktor S2 and I'm looking for an extra controller for extra knobs and buttons so I can map more effects and stuff. I'd prefer a solid, cheap controller. Any suggestions?

m3r4

Dufter Typ taking lurking to the next level
I have a question regarding the video Board of Canada's Davyan Cowboy: there's a text that briefly shows up in the upper left of the screen at around 3:22.. Does anyone know what its saying?

okno

Dave played so extremely hard that he blew up the speakers at the end of the set. The dj after him (Dj Rush) had to wait about 20-30 minutes before they fixed the music. He was not amused to say at least, and decided to pick up the microphone to start raging against the organization. I bet the organization felt pretty ashamed lol.
/QUOTE]

Haha, the last time I saw someone blow a fuse was Ben Klock back in 2010 at The Bunker here in NYC. It was 2AM on a hot ass August night, people going hard, sweat dripping off the ceiling, just a wicked party, when BOOM. All the music stopped, and the one light, a lone, dim red light just behind the DJ booth, went out. The place went NUTS, in a good way, for 30 minutes when they finally managed to get it all going again.

Widge

Yssss, I just grabbed that. Its sitting there taunting me, saying "listen... listen..." but unfortunately my in ear headphones died a few months ago and slapping some hefty cans on my ears is a bit of a nono in the office. One for the journey home from work in the sun.

Love Royal Oak, really good quality stuff. Got the SDC Correlation 1 & 2 releases plus something by Arttu as well. The current Headless Ghost effort sounds choice too.

okno

Love Royal Oak, really good quality stuff. Got the SDC Correlation 1 & 2 releases plus something by Arttu as well. The current Headless Ghost effort sounds choice too.

Royal Oak, and Clone in general, is one of my absolute favorite labels. Arttu's newest release is ace, but "Tune In" is the best, by far. The latest SDC is also a pretty great summer release.

CoolOff

I liked the Disclosure-album, but Latch was the one track I found myself skipping over and over again. Can't stand Sam Smiths voice.

Widge

Royal Oak, and Clone in general, is one of my absolute favorite labels. Arttu's newest release is ace, but "Tune In" is the best, by far. The latest SDC is also a pretty great summer release.

Just remembered what it was I grabbed, Arttu UFO Funkin' & Passin Out Privileges. Certainly on my radar as a label now.

Went to get LIES049 today and accidentally grabbed a bunch of other stuff. A load of new and forthcoming Tusk/Horn Wax, a Perseus Traxx newie, Genius Of Time (which apparently featured on the Talabot DJ Kicks) and the korking Erol Alkan remixes of Manic Street Preachers.

I'll dig out some samples for the thread once I'm not being manic.

okno

Just remembered what it was I grabbed, Arttu UFO Funkin' & Passin Out Privileges. Certainly on my radar as a label now.

Went to get LIES049 today and accidentally grabbed a bunch of other stuff. A load of new and forthcoming Tusk/Horn Wax, a Perseus Traxx newie, Genius Of Time (which apparently featured on the Talabot DJ Kicks) and the korking Erol Alkan remixes of Manic Street Preachers.

I'll dig out some samples for the thread once I'm not being manic.

"UFO Funkin'" slaaaaays me every time. If you like Genius of Time, do yourself a favor and grab the Gliese581g EP. Essential.

Nyx

I was really digging a song from a set from Glenn Astro and yesterday I found out who the artist is.

I've been thinking it was a 70s soul track all this time, turns out it's a track from 2011, from a white dude even (which I also did not expect)

Mayer Hawthorne - A Long Time

Seriously, I never ever heard of this guy but it seems he has tons of songs already.
Really wonder why people like Martin Garrix are famous here in The Netherlands but no radio-station ever picked up a song from Mayer...

Amazing video btw

The guy we booked Glacial Sound has done a mini-mix a night in Japan hes playing at., like it alot and the first one done by one of their guys is sick as well
Glacial sound 444-1 mix
Tracklist:

1.Celestial Trax - Verticals

2.Myth - Luminous

3.JT The Goon - Twin Warriors

4.Yung 4Eva - Heights Lane II

5.William Skeng - Inbox Island (Ambient Mix)

6.Chemist - Defiance

7.Novelist - Sniper

8.Novelist - Cadell Coward

Prettybwoy 444-1 mix

1.Vidall & Dactilar - The_Device(Guti Ambient Remix)

2.Murlo - Roman Baths

3.Strict Face - White Rovers

4.Kid Antoine - Expected Encounter

5.Ruff Sqwad - Xtra (Murlo Refix)

6.Zutzut feat. Lao - Momentos De XTC (CYPHR Remix)

7.Escar - Ilde

8.Variete - Closed Orbit

9.NKC - For Yourself

10.Mark Force - Chicago(Trevino_Remix)

11.Rabit-136 track

12.William Skeng - Chromalok

13.JT The Goon - Twin Warriors(Murlo Remix)

14.Prettybwoy - Ballet

15.Slackk - Farenheit

16.TRC vs Murlo feat. Ruth - You & Me

17.Strict Face - Creep Zones II (Miss Modular Club Mix)

18.Sudanim - Floor Lock

19.Prettybwoy - Sharp Nose

20.Prettybwoy - Humid

21.Prettybwoy - Vivid Color

22.Rabit - 140 tool (Prettybwoy Edit)

Top Bottom