• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Going to be late for work up fuck it! Night is a GO :)

HvRI5DT.jpg

Converge.London

Event page
Any support in the forms of attendance and likes would be appreciated!

gdt

New Heah High (Shed alias) EP out today. I loved the last HH release.

---------------------------

Scuba is ready to put out Phenix 2, on June 30th. The description is even nutter than before. The Phenix project seems like a reaction to people calling the Adrenalin EP/Personality LP too poppy and melodic or something. I love the absolute shit out of those records so I dunno.

Scuba
Phenix 2
PNX002

Scuba continues his Phenix series with a second installment entirely devoid of the euphoric hallmarks of the Personality era but missing none of the familiar attitude. No trace of vocals, feel-good chords or retro kicks, no real concern for the hour or room, Phenix 2 is instead teeming with mood and spirit.
From the underwater tones of opener, ‘Aphids’, through the hedonist techno grit of ‘Choke’ and ‘Solitary Confinement’, to the free indirect dissonance that is ‘Distance’, on Phenix 2 we see Scuba at his most impenitent. Cocksure improvisation, heads-down escapism and ardor in restraint are all at play on a record that manages to sound distinct from what came before it, yet all the while one which bears an unmistakable signature.

Release date: June 30th 2014

***For the only time in 2014, Scuba will bring his award-winning Live Show to Village Underground, London, on June 20th***

I have no idea what is with the promo art. Even funnier than the last one.

scuba_061714.jpg

Previews here. Tracks 2 and 3 are mega fire, the other two are more moody/early Scuba sounding.

Hopefully he ignore those "but dubstep!" people and makes more Adrenaline/Personality type shit. Those songs make my heart soar. So yeah euphoric I guess.

gdt

Apparently DeadMau5's new album is out today? I'll give it a listen, I liked the last one okay.

Edit: Double album? Damn uh fuck that.

Shaneus

Pretty smart use of Miley. Great little summer track!
Really is! Considering it came out in (your) winter, it should fit in nicely now. Only prob is that I've been listening to it on my studio monitors at home and can hear a number of little intricacies which detract from it a little :( Still, it's great to hear an unpretentious, unabashedly "pop" house track that doesn't have overly aggressive/"digital" synths in it.

La Roche is also the shit, too. I was really big on one of his earlier tracks (can't recall which one) but he has a stack of more free downloads which are all incredibly solid, too.

Fake edit: It was Malfunction, which IMO still sounds like it's held up pretty well. Heard it first on a Phonat mix, which I can't find or link to because I'm at work :(

Apparently DeadMau5's new album is out today? I'll give it a listen, I liked the last one okay.

Edit: Double album? Damn uh fuck that.
Deadmau5 peaked when he did that remix of No Pressure. /elitist

gdt

I was just youtubing around, and man, I had no idea that house was so huge in the UK right now. Like, there is a string of number 1 hits. Duke Dumont, Route 94 (Fly 4 Life!), Second City, Gorgon City, and on and on. Its cool. I see some people are shitting on this mainstream house sound a bit, but I dunno. These are all great artist making good music. I hope they keep making raw shit though. Duke has been a little soft lately. Route 94's My Love was great, and still pretty gangsta.

What do you guys think about this current trend?

Shaneus

I like it. We need more quality house productions that aren't filled with squelchy, aggressive synth lines. Gimme dat smooth any day of the week... so much easier to get lost in.

Dreaver

The 'deep house sound' is getting really popular into mainstream music here as well. I'm often a bigger fan of the rawer, more underground-y tunes of those artists (if we're talking about Duke Dumont, Route94, SecondCity etc.), This ones are more summer-y and feel good, which isn't a bad thing. Still damn good tunes in my opinion and I'd rather hear that kind of music than Afrojack, Tiësto and Avicii shit like crap that's so incredible boring and predictable on radio. I hope this trend continues!

Shaneus

Still damn good tunes in my opinion and I'd rather hear that kind of music than Afrojack, Tiësto and Avicii shit like crap that's so incredible boring and predictable on radio. I hope this trend continues!
Testify!

Edit: Found this in my downloads folder from some ways back (2012?). No idea where I heard it, maybe it was even posted here. But anyway... enjoy the fuck out of it:
Andreas Henneberg - Federschwarz

gdt

Deadmau5's album is pretty good. Much needed after all the big room cookiecutter tracks that are huge right now.

Link your favorite track. Push me into it. Its just that he was very much a gateway artist into electronic for me so I still wanna stay up on his shit, but a double album of DM is kinda unappealing.

injurai

Banned
Anyone else here copped the new Aphex Twin/Caustic Window release?

Just got my copy. I would have been a wee lad when this first "came out." Now I'm getting to experience for the first time, at the same time as everyone else. It's as good anything else that RDJ has put out, a welcome release in this hiatus of his.

Thanks for the support those of you that have whacked "like" on the page, much appreciated. Whole things a bit of a game really with venues wanting to see it and agents too.

We have a promo mix from one of our guys playing and also Ill like a recent radio mix of one of our headliners which if your into grime and that fade to mind kind of sound you may enjoy!

Oh yeah and we have a twitter too now but man I have no real idea how it works haha.
https://twitter.com/ConvergeLondon

Riddles Promo Mix for Converge July 25th

Skream - Blue Eyez [Tempa]
Massive Music - Find My Way(Kode9 Remix) [Hyperdub]
Cyrus - Manhatten Blues [Deep Medi]
Rider Shafique - Gun Talk(Kahn Remix) [Build]
Ruff Sqwad - Xtra [No Hats No Hoods]
Kano - Ps & Qs [679]
Joker - My Trance Girl [4AD]
Kahn & Neek - Percy (Soloman's 007 Refix)
Teddy - Gingerbread Man(ft. Skepta) [Teddy Music]
Glot - Purp Drip(Mike Midnight Remix)[Boxed]
Rebound X - Rhythm & Gash(Zha Remix)[Free DL]
Kakarot - Patrol Riddim [Life Force Sound]
The Bug - Warning(ft. Flowdan) [Ninja Tune]
Skream - Filth [Tempa]
Lye Form - Aggravated [Dub]
Toasty - The Knowledge [Hotflush]
Toasty - The Knowledge(Vex'd Remix) [Hotflush]
Wiley - Eskimo [Wiley Kat]

Glacial Sound: 666 MIXLR June
https://soundcloud.com/glacial-sound/666-mixlr-june-14

Widge

What do you guys think about this current trend?

Well I suppose it is pleasing to see the success but there is a LOT of thoughtless derivative material being thrown out under this banner. Far too much soundalike nonsense.

Also there is huge offence at it being tagged as deep house. It could be one facet of deep house but I wouldn't say it is an exhaustive catch all, Moodymann, Parish and Sprinkles would have something to say about that. Media has started penning it as "tech house" now. I find the genre shuffling futile and a touch elitist.

Has sparked a certain pure house revival though. Lots of re-issues from Mood 2 Swing, Henry Street Music, Nite Grooves and a whole host of Chicago favourites have been popping up on vinyl. Much to the discogs seller's chagrin.

daviyoung

Banned
Just repurposing a genre name for another aim. It used to be electro house, then progressive house, now deep house and soon to be something else. Happens all the time, it's only labels, music goes on.

Techno and house are so inbred these days the quality of the music is better than it has been for years. We are seeing a lot of progressive house sets that are actually progressive, and I love it.

lush

Lorca - Calcutec
Leon Vynehall - Butterflies
Dusky - Love Taking Over
Machinedrum - Want Me
LPLX - STNR (Lapalux)
L - Vis 1990 Live DJ set on Overdrive Infinity #30 13.06.2014
Girl Unit - Night Slugs Mix Show - RInse FM - 25.05.2014

I don't know if I'm LTTP on this but I most definitely heard Disclosure's "Latch" on the radio multiple times while driving through Alabama on my way to Florida.

edit:

USeS7B6.jpg

Kenji Kawaii - Unnatural City 2
Tha Alkaholiks - Killin' It
Mobb Deep - Temperature's Rising
Ghetto Concept - Much Love (Instrumental)
Pete Rock feat. Method Man - Half Man, Half Amazin'
Gangstarr feat. Inspektah Deck - Above The Clouds
Klear Soul Forces - Get No Better
Hieroglyphics - You Never Knew
Lone - 2 Is 8
Boards Of Canada - Opening The Mouth
Theo Parrish - Lost Angel
Urban Beat Dance - Urban Dust
Anthony Naples - Tusk
Seven Davis Jr - Celebrations (Funkineven Edit)
Brawther - Spaceman Funk (Deep Club Mix)
Brownstone Express - Metro
Omar S - Set It Out
Jtc - South Brooks
Greg Beato - Pma
http://www.residentadvisor.net/podcast-episode.aspx?id=420

Pretty interesting looking tracklist, alot more hip hop than you'd normally see on RA.

Saw Lone "Live" last night but it just seemed to be all his old tracks whacked on an album? Ive yet to properly check it out mind you but there was def stuff from Crystal Gardens and prio played.

bowery

Lorca - Calcutec
Leon Vynehall - Butterflies
Dusky - Love Taking Over
Machinedrum - Want Me
LPLX - STNR (Lapalux)
L - Vis 1990 Live DJ set on Overdrive Infinity #30 13.06.2014
Girl Unit - Night Slugs Mix Show - RInse FM - 25.05.2014

I don't know if I'm LTTP on this but I most definitely heard Disclosure's "Latch" on the radio multiple times while driving through Alabama on my way to Florida.

edit:

USeS7B6.jpg

http://www.residentadvisor.net/podcast-episode.aspx?id=420

Pretty interesting looking tracklist, alot more hip hop than you'd normally see on RA.

u forgot the visionist fader mix

injurai

Banned
just kidding I'm not done
Slang Banger - Labrynth / Let There Be Love [RAM Records]
dnb
Rinse FM Podcast - Uncle Dugs - 20th June 2014 jungle
Rinse FM Podcast - Garage Hour: Nice 'N' Ripe - Hybrid Theory - 20th June 2014 garage
Solid Steel Radio Show 20/6/2014 Part 1 + 2 - Fanu, Part 3 + 4 - Mumdance jungle/breakbeat/grime

I know you peeps won't listen to half of this stuff, but hopefully something will catch your eye. Gotta carry the torch since all my fellow jungle heads seem to be lurking rude boys.

This is also what happens when I'm at work and too much good shit is getting posted in my soundcloud feed.

thabiz

dettmann-fabric-77.jpg

01. Ryan James Ford - Arthure Iccon
02. The Persuader - Sun Position
03. Terence Fixmer - Inside Of Me
04. Marcel Dettmann - Apron (PAS The Rhythm Remix)
05. Answer Code Request - Transit 0.2
06. Dario Zenker - Nearlin
07. Monobox - Film
08. FBK - It’s Not The Point
09. Marcel Dettmann - Radar (Byetone Remix)
10. Rod - RSPCT
11. Paperclip People - Country Boy Goes Dub (Marcel Dettmann Remix)
12. Norman Nodge - BB 1.0
13. Francois X - Rising
14. Marcel Dettmann - Lightworks (Phase Remix)
15. Lockertmatik - M_Lock 4
16. Wincent Kunth - Carlre
17. Joey Anderson - Repulsive (Marcel Dettmann Edit)
18. Marcelus - Flash
19. Vril - Torus XXXII

Just played a summer boat party, check it out

https://soundcloud.com/clarkdprice/clark-price-honcho-hey-sailor-boat-cruise-summer-tunes

tracklist:

Gent Mason - Head (Fort Romeau Remix)
Osunlade - Dionne
Theo Parrish - Dan Ryan
Awanto 3 - Su What?
Mood II Swing - Do It Your Way
Spencer Parker - You’re the One (Italo Johnson Remix)
SoulPhiction - Mind & Body
Seven Davis Jr. - One
Storm Queen - It Goes On (Dub)
???? ??????? - ???? ???
Capracara & The District Union - Nickel Ride
Percussions - KHLHI
Rhythm Surf Club - When I See You Out
Low Jack - Late Belated
Ezlv - Ordinary Things
Lauer - Banned
Moodymann featuring Charlotte OC - Hangover
Ron Trent - City Beat
Telephones - Blaff (Rhythm Tool Strip)
Floorplan - Living It Up
Sneaker DJ - Edit Service 37
Rocco - Tbt3
Holy Garage - Surprise (LoSoul Remix)
Venus - Sunshine People
Romanthony - Let Me Show You Love (Mia Dora Remix)
SIS - Nesrib
DJ Jus Ed - Get It Like Jack (Jus-Ed Remix)
DJ Hell - My Definition of House Music
Model 500 - No UFOs
DBX - Electric Shock
Kink - Express
Tevo Howard - Intersection
Soul Capsule - Lady Science (NYC Sunrise Mix)

Top Bottom