• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

HiResDes

OH MY GOD GUYS GET JEALOUS:

secret_party.jpg

...I'm there

okno

Congrats, Johnlenham! It's a bit crazy seeing your shit being posted, isn't it?

This just went up today:
wvuuRnD.jpg

It was surreal to see this when I woke up this morning. You put so much work and effort into something with hardly anything in return, then suddenly your name is up in huge letters on a big ass poster.

Seriously, Ryan, fucking congrats man. I would be there if I could, but I'll be there in spirit ;)

Congrats, Johnlenham! It's a bit crazy seeing your shit being posted, isn't it?

This just went up today:

It was surreal to see this when I woke up this morning. You put so much work and effort into something with hardly anything in return, then suddenly your name is up in huge letters on a big ass poster.

Seriously, Ryan, fucking congrats man. I would be there if I could, but I'll be there in spirit ;)

Yeah man its mad, I saw your banner update this morning! Grats :)
Like the fact that from tomorrow till next week everyone going in every record shop in soho will see our poster, it kind of blows my mind.

bowery

wow thats so cool, who would of knew some gaming forum would attract people who end up starting their own club nights in major cities

Kraftwerk

Probably the 100th time I have posted this...

Incredibly timeless; a masterpiece.

Every time I listen to it, it is as if I am listening to it for the first time. Simply mind bending.

leadbelly

Banned
I love sims style. Only Barry Weaver and Jeff Mills can rock three decks better than him. a true master. a dj's dj.

edit. maybe Carl Cox too. that guy was bonkers back in the day.

I like this set he did from 92.
https://soundcloud.com/djtesttube/carl-cox-club-kinetic-december-1992

I wouldn't say he is perfect the whole way through, but there is point from about 14:13 to 44:00 that is mind-blowing. His track selection there and the way he mixes them in is just perfect. Every track seems right.

miksushag

Probably the 100th time I have posted this...

Incredibly timeless; a masterpiece.

Every time I listen to it, it is as if I am listening to it for the first time. Simply mind bending.

Not to diss or anything, but dub techno just isn't for me. I get the appeal, truly music for a really highend audio system with all those different articulations of the echoes and what not. This all just sounds really samey to me.

Widge

Eric Copeland mini-LP on LIES is properly odd. Like a bunch of disco tracks that have been melted and then placed inside a slowly churning washing machine. Captivating though.

Similarly, the Lowtec Workshop 20 is quite off the wall. One track is like near death soul, the next like a jRPG disco and ghostly house for the third.

wow thats so cool, who would of knew some gaming forum would attract people who end up starting their own club nights in major cities

You can even trawl back and see some of my early forays into "electronic music", kind of strange that its almost like a little bubble.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Does anyone have an alternate stream or dl for this new DJ Sprinkles mix? It's not available in the US. >:|

James Holden - Renata (Daphni remix) !!
Population One (Terrence Dixon) - Musical Promises
Surprise Actress 12" hitting next week

This old school jungle DJ Fierce mix for Rupture is incredible
1. Unofficial Ghost - Doc Scott - Metalheadz
2. Threshold - Cybotron .feat - Dillinja - Prototype
3. Machines - Doc Scott
4. Mad Different Methods - Ed Rush, Trace, Nico - NNU Black
5. Deadly Deep Subs Remix - Dillinja - Razors Edge
6. Spacefunk - S.O.S - Timeless Recordings
7. Shadow Boxin' Remix - Doc Scott - 31 Records
8. What's Up? - Ed Rush, Nico - No U Turn
9. Prototyped - Doc Scott - 31 Records
10. Identity- Dead Calm (Dom & Roland Remix) - Moving Shadow
11. Acid- Dillinja - Pain
12. Break It Up - Lemon D - Reinforced
13. End of Line - Dillinja - Unreleased
14. Untitled - Dillinja - Unreleased
15. Still - Boymerang - Prototype
16. One Nation - Photek - Sanctuary Records
17. Tron - Dillinja - Unreleased
18. Killamanjaro - Ed Rush, Nico - Prototype
19. Locust - Ed Rush, Fierce, Nico - Prototype/Sony
20. Squadran - Trace, Nico - NNU Black
21. Fatneck - Black Grape (Goldie Remix) - Unreleased

Heres another mix from one of the guys on our night. He makes some really good tunes as well.
Lyeform Converge mix

Quadrophonia - The Man With The Master Plan
Dj Reloads - Nuff Duppy
Neana - Realness With A Twist
Shonky - Night Shift
Arka - Reaction
Kalli - Velvet Rum
Neana - Yeezus Bootleg
Della - Descendant
Lyeform - Rudeboy Homebrew
Lyeform - Past Lies (Nick Creechans wiley mashup edit)
Codex - Pulse On Road

Widge

I don't know why but I completely skipped over the Airhead EP.

Biggest tip goes to the Call Super LP. It is SUPREME. He's easily done the best releases on Houndstooth to date and this album is their finest hour. More breadth than the Akkord one, less "of the moment" than the Special Request, and more vibrancy than the Throwing Snow Ghosts efforts.

I can get down with Deepchord stuff, although my favourite diverts from the dub techno template:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh1r31uqo6E

Tend to prefer stuff influenced by rather than being purist dub techno though. Plenty of tracks feature those signature wavetable sounds but put a spin on it.

Thanks, this is great stuff. Reminds me of Biosphere and Yagya.

edit: Whoah!!! I just found a Yagya album remixed by Deepchord. No wonder! what a pleasant surprise.

http://www.beatport.com/release/will-i-dream-during-the-process-deepchord-redesigns/1250510

injurai

Banned
Solid Steel Radio Show 18/7/2014 Part 1 + 2 - Logos

Starts off with some 'idm' and moves into some killer grime.
Mr Mitch - The Man Waits (Logos remix) - dub
D. Edwards - Untitled - The Death of Rave
Oneohtrix Point Never - Midday - NNA Tapes
Jorge Velez - Territories - L.I.E.S
PiL - Careering - Metal Box
M.E.S.H - Scythians - PAN
Strict Face - Creep Zones II (Miss Modular Club Mix) - Her Records
Rabit - 9999 CUNT - dub
Inkke - Swoosh - dub
Rabit - Resin - dub
Logos - Surface Area (Mokona edit) - dub
Plasticman - Aqua Riddim - Terrorhythm
Slackk - Intercept - forthcoming Local Action
Mumdance, Rabit & Logos - Inside The Catacomb - forthcoming Different Circles
Slackk - Inland - Unknown to the Unknown
Strict Face - Python Crossing - forthcoming Different Circles
Kelly Rowland - Dirty Laundry (Rabit rework) - forthcoming Glacial Sound
DJ Punisher - Untitled - LA Club Resource

gdt

Is Blawan gonna ever release new music? He hasn't put out a single track in 2 years. Not solo anyway. Did stuff as Karenn and Trade.

okno

Thanks, this is great stuff. Reminds me of Biosphere and Yagya.

edit: Whoah!!! I just found a Yagya album remixed by Deepchord. No wonder! what a pleasant surprise.

http://www.beatport.com/release/will-i-dream-during-the-process-deepchord-redesigns/1250510

I have been obsessing over 'Sleepygirls' by Yagya. The guy is a serious innovator in the dub techno world. He uses all the cliches and tropes that define dub techno, but puts just enough of a spin on them to make them feel fresh and unique. The fact that he's from Iceland is just icing on the cake for me. It's very, very rare for any Icelandic house/techno artist to gain the slightest bit of notoriety.

I have been obsessing over 'Sleepygirls' by Yagya. The guy is a serious innovator in the dub techno world. He uses all the cliches and tropes that define dub techno, but puts just enough of a spin on them to make them feel fresh and unique. The fact that he's from Iceland is just icing on the cake for me. It's very, very rare for any Icelandic house/techno artist to gain the slightest bit of notoriety.

Yagya is the best kept secret around. The dude is a hypnotic loop master. "Sleepygirls" is great album, I also really like "Will I Dream During the Process?" (what a cool album title). Some people may consider his music simple, but if you listen closely there's a lot going on.

Yagya - Change
Yagya - Rigning Þrjú
Yagya - When They Stood, They Let Down Their Wings
Yagya - Choose

Nyx

Seeing some DJs next week that aren't the usual suspects on festivals, at least not for me.

The Mole
Midnight Operator
Octave One
Chymera
Junior Boys
Monkey Mafia
Mind Against

To name a few, anyone I definitely need to see or avoid? (Junior Boys seem a no-brainer though)

okno

The Mole can be seriously funky live, don't miss out on him and Octave One. Don't know anything about the other guys (except JB, but they've lost a bit of their mojo, in my opinion).

Kraftwerk

Anything else in the same vein? So good.

Honestly look up anyting by ;

Deepchord
cv313
Fluxion
Rod Modell
Rhythm and Sound
Maurizio
Moritz van oswald
Cyrus

There is a 100 more names. The thing is, lot of these guys use a dozen aliases. So you have to keep going into the rabbit hole to experience it all. Like in that list. Rod Model IS Deepchord and cv313, but he releases stuff under both names. Same with Moritz van Oswald. His stuff might be a little heavier compared to the other, sitll incredible.

Here are some favorites of the top of my head;

Rhythm & Sound - Carrier

FLuxion - Prospect II

Deepchord - Grandbend

Substance & Vainqueur - Reverberate

cv313 - Subtraktive

Nyx

The Mole can be seriously funky live, don't miss out on him and Octave One. Don't know anything about the other guys (except JB, but they've lost a bit of their mojo, in my opinion).

Thanks, listened to some of their sounds now as well, will definitely have a look at both.

Top Bottom