• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

New Cashmere Cat mix

tqJqFDY.jpg

I don't think this has been posted yet, but FlyLo played a new song live, sounds neat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcYk2GD_GZg

Also apparently LP5 is finished so it should release this year. I'm expecting a bounce back from UtQC (which was still pretty good).

I actually heard this record front to back a while ago with another GAF member and it was super super super super good. Can't wait to get it home and on headphones. Two or three of the tracks are getting regular rotation at Low End Theory for the past few months.

bowery

sophie - lemonade is going to be track of the year, calling it now, dude stays years ahead of the game with every release...someone needs to get him producing for pop stars

injurai

Banned
MIXED BY Inkke

burnin' naphtha, this is hot!

Dark0 - Sweet Boy Tears
L-Vis 1990 & Sinjin Hawke - The Pit (Unknown Edit)
Kid Antoine - Expected Encounter
Grovestreet - Nocturne
Imami - Contrapposto
Inkke - Thinkk Star (Gage Remix)
Inkke - Ho Ai Ai Ai
Uniiqu3 - 69 (If I Fuck) ft. Kiff
VesperTown - Tuff Love (Club Flip)
Wiley - Shanghai
Fraxinus - All Ends
KW Griff - Ain't None Of Y'all Safe ft. Porkchop
DJ Tamiel - Tek 9 (Uniiqu3 Remix)
Inkke - Simmer
DJ Paypal - Free Spirit
Hektik - War
Inkke - Sosn
Inkke - Daisy Chain
Inkke - Dr. Zoots
Wiley - Eskimo 4 (Braindead Mix)
Wiley - Eskimo 2 (Devil Mix)
Slugabed - Another Chance 2k14
S-Type - Rosario
Inkke - Zen
Gang Fatale - Parched
Inkke - Mekaniks
Grovestreet - Ground Zero
Soloman - Silo Hoe
Bitch Ass Darius - Get It Right
Wiley - I Will Not Loose
Finn - Keep Calling
Blackjack - Have I Told You
Plastician - Cha VIP
Inkke - Zanzi
Hotsound - Untitled
2 Twisted Crew - Strike Da Match

Widge

You've bought half the stuff I have! That Route 8 is great, one track in particular reminds me of ##### from earlier this year.

Doge is good too, prefer some of the other tracks though. And I have my eye on that Levon repress.

okno

You've bought half the stuff I have! That Route 8 is great, one track in particular reminds me of ##### from earlier this year.

Doge is good too, prefer some of the other tracks though. And I have my eye on that Levon repress.

Yeah, I'm torn between B1 or B2 being the best track on Doge, but I'm leaning more towards B1.

The Route 8 record is aces all around, but his release on Nous eclipses it by a mile. He has definitely put himself in the "buy anything he releases the instant it's available" list for me.

Don't miss out on the repress! It sounds soooo good, although I will need to exchange my copy. Mine has a handful of noticeable skips towards the beginning and towards the end.

Widge

Yeah, I got that one. It's a bit rawer and dirtier than the LIES release. A good jaunt nonetheless. Certainly prefer the LIES effort though. Oh on that tip, LIES now have a bandcamp, so you can get their digital stuff officially now!

Noted recently that my local shop (PIccadilly Records) is getting an exclusive vinyl in, nobody else is getting their hands on it. Seahawks remix EP, featuring versions from Pye Corner Audio and Prins Thomas. Desperate for clips to hear what this is like.

Hey John, how was your Converge night/party?

Really good! Im fucking dead though.

Fully stressing from like 6pm till about 12pm haha then I eased up for Glacial/Parris and my mate Wolf and Lye forms set.

The venue was useless so thank god for our friend who is a sound engineer who basically stopped the sound system for imploding.

Parris blew out the sub (or made it overheat) and one of the other tops were reduced to a farting mess so by the end we had the left speaker at 20%, the monitor facing the crowd, a sub at 20% and two other tops/mids at 20% lol

We managed to make a profit of £8? which means we pulled in £548 or so and I think we got like 100+ in the venue.

I have some blurry pic on my phone but our friend who did proper photos said he would upload them to our G drive on monday.

lush

Joy Orbison - BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix [7-26-2014]
Tom Ellard - Anthem 82 [Vinyl-On-Demand]
?
Bobby McFerrin - Thinkin' Bout Your Body (ID Edit)
Lady Blacktronika Pres. Bailey Jemille - Gettin' Heavy (Jordan Fields Re-Edit)
?
Jeremy Greenspan & Borys - But Wait There's More [Hinge Finger - Forthcoming]
Caltrop - Lenny [W.T.]
James Blake - ? [1-800 Dinosaur - Forthcoming]
Bruce - Not Stochastic [Hessle - Forthcoming]
Austin Cesear - The Groove [Public Information]
Jackson Lee - Persistence [Mystical Disco]
Microworld - Big Band [Styrax Leaves]
Jackson Lee - Three Mile Island [Mystical Disco]
Kowton - Glock & Roll [Unreleased]
The KVB - I Only See The Lights (Shifted Version) [Cititrax]
Gadi Mizrahi - I'll Set Your House [Wolf + Lamb]
Tames - Squeeze [Galdoors]
Percussions - No Swimming Class [Unreleased]
Barnt - Under His Own Name But Also As Sir [Hinge Finger - Forthcoming]
Barnt - Chappell [Hinge Finger - Forthcoming]
Detromental - Rewind [Rave]
?
Joy Orbison - Zoo Talking
Morgan Packard & Jay Patrick Ahern - La Pura Vida [Modular Cowboy]
Boddika & Joy Orbison - In Here [Sunklo]
Voiski - Every Cloud Collision [Syncrophone]
Merle - Fannie Likes 2 Dance [Christabel]
Endian - ?
Four Tet - Buchla (Seven Davis Jr. Remix) [Text]
Mike Ink - Playing With Knives [Kompakt]
Roman Flügel - Pattern 7 [Ongaku Musik]
Pearson Sound - Thaw Cycle [Unreleased]
Front 242 - Body 2 Body (2 Trax) (Edit)
Smith 'N' Hack - Falling Stars [Smith N Hack]

Download

miksushag

So good.

Guys this is my first time in this thread but what genres does this thread cover? I see theres a trance music OT and witch house thread.. I'm just so surpised there isn't just a straight House music or Bass (UK bass?) music thread? Im guessing this is the thread for all that music but it just seems so broad.

I guess everything aside from trance, electrohouse, beatport top10 garbage and boring techhouse can go here :) We aren't usually too judgmental. The more people post, the better. And seeing that you like that JoyO essential mix, you'll fit right in!

OG Kush

I guess everything aside from trance, electrohouse, beatport top10 garbage and boring techhouse can go here :) We aren't usually too judgmental. The more people post, the better. And seeing that you like that JoyO essential mix, you'll fit right in!

Nice one. Subscribed. guessing none of that whole "edm" business in here then.

Anyone have any banging disco/house/funk stuff in the 100-120 range?
My friend and I have been asked to play a friend night and we are opening and its 4pm-10pm so my usually dubstep/grime wont fly.

I was thinking ill play the first half hour loads of LNTG type stuff and push it from 100 to 120 then my friend can take over with house etc

BeeDog

Shaneus

Anyone have any banging disco/house/funk stuff in the 100-120 range?
My friend and I have been asked to play a friend night and we are opening and its 4pm-10pm so my usually dubstep/grime wont fly.

I was thinking ill play the first half hour loads of LNTG type stuff and push it from 100 to 120 then my friend can take over with house etc
When do you need to know by? Does it need to be new?

I'm sick so I'm not really feeling any recommendations coming on, but later in the day I may be able to assist :)

Widge

Up for some Balearic fare? I can roll out a few suggestions that I've recently enjoyed. Really fit into that 100-120 bracket too.

Widge

Bought Caustic 3 on the iPad to do some tunes with.

I don't have enough room for a load of analogue gear.
I don't have the time to sit down with Ableton etc.
This seems to fit the bill for now.

I've actually gone through quite a few iOS creation apps, for the curious:

Nanostudio - this was the first. Gave me real Octamed vibe to create music on a simple level. Essentially comes with a synth and a sample based drum machine. Still decent and pretty much on the Caustic level look and feel wise. Caustic, however, offers a whole host more in the realm of sounds (modular synth, subtractive synth, 303 type synth, FM synth).

Cubasis - the look and feel of this is delicious although some parts of it are a bit counter-intuitive. The worst thing is the lack of quality VSTi's built in. I'm not overly convinced about using Audiobus 2 and external synth apps yet, so that is a real killer.

Auria - looks like a more fully featured Cubasis. Where it doesn't have the visual refinement, it has the plugins. For my workflow, I'll probably create in something external and master in Auria.

Outside of that, I've used a fair few of the VSTi apps. But until you can do some key things. Its going to feel really hamfisted if you're used to using a PC. You really need to be able to call up the app from within something like Cubasis and control it and all its parameters from within there. Right now, there is a sort of halfway house. I note Apple are continuing to work on Inter App Audio, so fingers crossed this gets better over time.

Hey Johnbro! Was wondering if you could provide me with some heavy hitters of this particural sound from 2014? Love the melodic style of murlo, dark0 etc! New wave grime or whatever it is called.

Hmm let me think:

Get the Boxed Compilation 2 for:
Chemist- Gloom
Dark0- Sweet Boy posse VIP
Glot- Purple drip (migknight mike remix)
Murlo- Hydra
Theres more you may like but these stick out

Then
Wen- String hoes/ Signals
Slack- Minor triads
Dark0- Bora/ VIP
Mumdance ft Novelist- Take time (riko dan version is also sick but not out)
Peach Bits vol 1
Novelist- Sniper EP
Moleskin- Ep
JT the Goon- Twin warriors
Last Japan- Ride with us Mixtape (12 tracks)
Rabit- Double Dragon
Murlo- Last Dance

Ill up a ropey mix I made and if anything sticks out I can name it for you.
https://soundcloud.com/johnlenham/guiltmix

to those of you who dj, where do you get your tracks? just wondering if there's a specific place to get high quality full mixes (i.e. non radio) of songs somewhere that I don't know

Top Bottom