• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

okno

Merry Christmas, y'all

Short and sweet little mix I did last night. Have a happy holiday, y'all.

Wbeeza - Turn the Lights Off
Moomin - I Whisper A Prayer
STL - Leaving Peaceful
Anthony Naples - Dopes to Infinity (4DM Mix)
Sevensol & Bender - Molly
Aphex Twin - Symbonsad
Radio Slave - The Clone Wars (Markus Suckut Remix)
Steve Summer - Shake the House
Cio D'or & Gabriel Ananda - Lauschgoldengel

Nyx

Such a sweet live DJ set from remixer Luxxury:

http://soundcloud.com/luxxury/live-remix-dj-set-hidden-manchester-uk-9-26-15

i cant go for that (luxxury live edit)
once in a lifetime (luxxury edit)
rock with you (luxxury live edit)
every1's a winner (luxxury live cheap edit)
bad girls (luxxury edit)
do ya think i’m sexy (luxxury live cheap edit)
miss broadway (luxxury live cheap edit)
walking on a dream (luxxury live edit)
i want your love (luxxury live edit)
good life/time to pretend (luxxury live blend)
love hangover (luxxury live cheap edit)
sun/god only knows (luxxury live blend)
controversy (luxxury live cheap edit)
i’m a man (luxxury live cheap edit)
dreams (luxxury live edit)
stayin alive (luxxury live edit)
sympathy for the devil (luxxury live edit)
soul makossa (luxxury live cheap edit)
small town lover (luxxury live cheap edit)
nightcall (luxxury live edit)
good times (luxxury live edit)
shake your body (luxxury live edit)
gimme the night (luxxury live edit)
???
riders on the storm (luxxury edit)
i wish (luxxury live edit)

So many classic pop songs with a twist, really enjoying this atm.
Bet it's great for Christmas parties as well!

injurai

Banned
So i've basically kept a lot of my music perusings close to my chest this year. The more I like something and the more niche I get the less I feel like putting it out there. Also explains why these genres are so niche.

But we need show our hands now that it's the end of the year. I'll be working on a few lists.

thabiz

So i've basically kept a lot of my music perusings close to my chest this year. The more I like something and the more niche I get the less I feel like putting it out there. Also explains why these genres are so niche.

But we need show our hands now that it's the end of the year. I'll be working on a few lists.

Simply amazing

injurai

Banned
Yeah hurt was the feeling I had reading that.

I know.

I've been too busy to post about electronic music in here much this year, because the tastes in this thread are a bit different than my own. I go on other forums or mostly share about that music in real life with friends.

yeah to be fair its pretty dead in here bar the same few posters and everyone just posts their owns stuff with very little overlap.
Whats odd is that if you put a thread up about top 2015 lps there will be tonnes of folk posting stuff relevant to this thread.

yeah to be fair its pretty dead in here bar the same few posters and everyone just posts their owns stuff with very little overlap.
Whats odd is that if you put a thread up about top 2015 lps there will be tonnes of folk posting stuff relevant to this thread.
I listen to everything I can from this thread, mixes excluded since I just don't have the time most of the time. And some of it I'm not a huge fan of but I appreciate it nonetheless.

I'd post my own stuff in here if I was confident enough in it but I'm not quite there yet

gdt

I've never really gotten into mixes so I keep to eps and lps.

Listening to the new Grimes and Arca atm. With the new Dusty EP too.

Nuckinya

Neo Member
Hope this is the right thread!

Just went to a New Years Day festival here in Melbourne called Let Them Eat Cake...All I can say is if you haven't seen Âme do a DJ set live before, do it! Never heard such flawless mixing in my life.

Also got to catch Jon Hopkins live which has been a goal of mine for a while. Only did an hour long set, but it was absolutely intense stuff.

bomma_man

Hope this is the right thread!

Just went to a New Years Day festival here in Melbourne called Let Them Eat Cake...All I can say is if you haven't seen Âme do a DJ set live before, do it! Never heard such flawless mixing in my life.

Also got to catch Jon Hopkins live which has been a goal of mine for a while. Only did an hour long set, but it was absolutely intense stuff.

See motor city?

Have a bunch of friends that went to the Animals Dancing party, said it was one of the best shows they've ever been to.

Nuckinya

Neo Member
I keep meaning to check out Jon Hopkins......

Make sure you do it at some point. It's so loud, thick and intense, but at the same time his music makes you feel like you're going through some sort of catharsis. It's really great.

See motor city?

Have a bunch of friends that went to the Animals Dancing party, said it was one of the best shows they've ever been to.

Yep, MCDE was great. Mostly did his usual funk/disco stuff which was fantastic. Great way to start the day.

He's actually playing this Sunday at the Abbotsford Convent. Will be doing a 4 hour set. Definitely worth it if you can spare $60. Harvey Sutherland and Andras will be supporting as well.

bomma_man

Make sure you do it at some point. It's so loud, thick and intense, but at the same time his music makes you feel like you're going through some sort of catharsis. It's really great.

Yep, MCDE was great. Mostly did his usual funk/disco stuff which was fantastic. Great way to start the day.

He's actually playing this Sunday at the Abbotsford Convent. Will be doing a 4 hour set. Definitely worth it if you can spare $60. Harvey Sutherland and Andras will be supporting as well.

Yeah I saw that. I live in Hobart though :(

Harvey Sutherland was great at Meredith.

bomma_man

Yeah he was. Loved the guy with the electric violin. Floating points was another Meredith highlight whilst we're on the topic of that festival.

Yeah loved him too. One of the only mixed genre festivals that gives dance music any respect. Every dj was good apart from Levins, and Plains looks like it'll be similar.

injurai

Banned
http://gizmodo.com/the-technics-1200-turntable-is-back-1751157898

e8juupvolo5ejhhxnhak.jpg

r2dk1l3vr7ve8hlimkvt.jpg

Just did a mix for my buddy who runs Voder Records

https://soundcloud.com/erikmccoy/clarkprice

Tracklist:
Forgemasters - Shall We…
Paul Du Lac - Kira
Jerry Riggs - Streamliner (Hermans Quirk Mix)
Cybersonik - Revelation 928
The Hacker - Jalousy
Derek Plaslaiko - Are You Sure? (Derek Plaslaiko Dub)
FIT - First Found
Kassem Mosse - Staat Aus Glas
Mark Forshaw - The Fuck (Jamal Loves His IBM Remix)
The Suburban Knight - Predator's Language
Compassion Crew - V.H.S.S.
Rhythmus Gunther - Me No Problems
Dark Comedy - War of the Worlds (Epic Mix)
David Carretta - Land of Sin
Miss Kittin & The Hacker - PPPO (Function’s Sandwell District Remix)
DJ Qu - SS1
Alien Rain - Alienated 2B
DJ QU - Be Who You Want (Hardknock Shaker's Dub)
DJ Spider & Marshallito - Nuclear Winter
Charles Manier - Uncompromised Awareness
2AM\FM - Starfist Lazerbeam
Eduardo De La Calle - Untitled
Tin Man - What a Shame (Vocal)
Juan Ramos - Elephant in the Room
Appian - Won’t You

To be honest it looks the same as the 1210s but silver not black.
I wonder what the actual internal difference to a £250 second hand 1210 to £40000 new one of those.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Traumprinz/Metatron apparently played most of his new album(s) on Boiler Room tonight. Figures that I had to be working while he was on...

Nah I'll probably end up investing in the ones you initially suggested lol. Thanks.
I also bought a set of really cheap foam earplugs because they came with a keychain cylinder to put earplugs in so I can keep mine on me all the time. otherwise I forget them at home and then what's the point?

Nuckinya

Neo Member
I assume a few people in this thread dabble in DJing. I hope so at least!

Recently I've been really wanting to try my hand at doing it, for myself at least. I need a creative outlet in my life and feel like this is something I would really enjoy, but I'm starting from absolute scratch here.

Any advice on where to start in terms of equipment? I mean like what are the bare bones things that I would need to learn the absolute basics of mixing etc, as obviously I don't want to put down a lot of money into it just yet until I know that it's something that I'd really enjoy.

Also if anyone has any recommended resources for someone starting out from scratch, that would be great.

Fans of 80s electronic synth-pop will be pleased to know that Pet Shop Boys are teasing a new album - produced by Stuart Price - in the guise of a it doesn't really say it's PSB, but it's totally PSB whatissuper website. It's a countdown in the tradition of so many awful video game countdown teasers. However, this time there will be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Should be good. Electric, their last album, was pretty damn good and was produced by Stuart Price as well. Super!

Top Bottom