• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

subrock

djtiesto said:
Took a listen to this over the weekend, since it's quite a bit along my lines of style. I'll admit I haven't heard a set from you in a while (I think the last one I d/led was the one that introduced me to Dragonette-Competition), but since then I've noticed your mixing has improved TONS. The mixing in this is smooth as silk... track selection is pretty good, dug the Pryda song on there. Is it possible I could get a tracklist?
thanks for the feedback! I like doing really long blended mixes when I'm mixing to please myself. glad you dug the mix though.

I'll be doing a proper release of this with artwork and a tracklist soon, I just thought I would throw it up for gaf since I finished it early (which is extremely rare for me). I'll be doing one more in line with my usual mixes later in july for anyone that cant get into this one :)

Disco Villains Non-Essential Mix (Jun-10-2010)

TRACKLIST:

Faithless - Tweak (Crookers Remix)
Teki Latex & NOOB - Dinosaurs With Guns (John Roman Remix)
Drop The Lime - Sex Sax (Bart B More Remix) [FRESCO EDIT]
Sidney Samson - The World Is Yours
Sandro Silva - Told Ya (Apster Remix)
Boys Noize - Sweet Light (Boris Dlugosch Remix)
AC Slater ft. Ninjasonik - Take You (Urchins Remix)
Disco Villains - Chiketere 2010
Gregor Salto & Kaoma - Lambada 3000 (Bassjackers And Ralvero Remix)
Eddie Thoneick ft. Terri B - Release (Bingo Players Remix) [FRESCO EDIT]
Gramophonedzie - Why Don't You
Justin Martin & Claude VonStroke - Beat That Bird
Swedish House Mafia - Number One [FRESCO EDIT]
ParaOne - Toadstool (Jesse Rose Made To Play Dub)
Hot Chip - Touch Too Much (Fake Blood Remix) [FRESCO EDIT]
Momma's Boy - Give It Up [FRESCO EDIT]
The Bloody Beetroots ft. Steve Aoki - Warp 1.9 [FRESCO EDIT]
D.I.M. & Tai - Lyposuct [FRESCO EDIT]
Felix Da Housecat - Silver Screen Shower Scene (Chuckie & Silvio Ecomo Dirty Acid Remix)
AutoKratz - Stay The Same (Noob Remix)
Round Table Knights - Calypso
Michel Cleis - La Mezcla (Riva Starr Mojito Remix)
Deadmau5 ft. Kaskade - I Remember [FRESCO EDIT]
Sebastian Ingrosso & Steve Angello - Laktos Kids

:OOOOOO

Just wanted to pop in and say I've been banging out Summer Essentials 4 all weekend while working on the yard. I would say that the last four songs were a perfect end, except I'm not really feeling that Louis La Roche song (the rapping in it...MEHHHHHH). But I fucking love that Miami Horror song, and the last two are fucking sweet as well. That is probably going to take over for bang bang disco as the mix I always have at the ready.

PS. I was looking up more about Miami Horror and went to an interview on this page, and look what I found:

americanpshyco.jpg

Patrick Bateman, is there something you want to tell us? :p

subrock

Skiptastic said:
Just wanted to pop in and say I've been banging out Summer Essentials 4 all weekend while working on the yard. I would say that the last four songs were a perfect end, except I'm not really feeling that Louis La Roche song (the rapping in it...MEHHHHHH). But I fucking love that Miami Horror song, and the last two are fucking sweet as well. That is probably going to take over for bang bang disco as the mix I always have at the ready.
love that you are digging it. I always go back to getting warmer, but I like the journey that SE4 takes you on :). As always, a HUGE thank you for listening and sharing. You guys here are one of the huge reasons I keep doing monthly mixes and stay on top of my trade.

Shaneus

Skiptastic said:
PS. I was looking up more about Miami Horror and went to an interview on this page, and look what I found:
Miami Horror are DJing at my local in a few weeks! I'm good mates with the agents that were this [----] close to booking them which meant I probably would've been a support act... unfortunately, someone else booked them first ;_;

Still going though, no doubt it will be a sick event.

Got back from Glastonbury a few hours ago, was awesome.
Managed to see
Boy 8 Bit
Fake Blood (damn good)
Chase and status
Fat Boy slim
Then Sunday
Adam F
Stanton Warriors (amazing)
Jack Beats
Magnetic man

Such a shame they dont film anything other than the 3 main stages, though saying that Stanton warriors came out with camcorders calling it Stanton tv so maybe it will pop up on youtube.

btkadams

Johnlenham said:
Got back from Glastonbury a few hours ago, was awesome.
Managed to see
Boy 8 Bit
Fake Blood (damn good)
Chase and status
Fat Boy slim
Then Sunday
Adam F
Stanton Warriors (amazing)
Jack Beats
Magnetic man

Such a shame they dont film anything other than the 3 main stages, though saying that Stanton warriors came out with camcorders calling it Stanton tv so maybe it will pop up on youtube.
im interested to hear how fat boy slim and jack beats were. they're the ones i'm most stoked to see at south west four.

well fat boy slim i was pretty far gone due to alcohol but of what i remember it was pretty fuckign good.
The whole crowd was jumping, lasers flashing with the video with the ape running (memory failing here) someone in the crowd set of a flare and they shut off all the lights I just remember it being really good.

Jack Beats where also really good, pretty much everything they played was on one of there mix tapes they made awhile back. They had a sick version of stay up for the weekend by Calvin harris

Sorry my description is pretty shitty and I cant comment on how well stuff was mixed etc as I know sod all about it but it was just damn good and well worth going too.

okno

I need help IDing a song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4j-...69B60A2F&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=29

Halfway through a song explodes into play with the lyric, "she's a dancing machine/watch her get down." Included in the link is the tracklist for that section of the mix, but having listened to all of those songs individually none of them have that vocal! I'm beginning to assume that it was just a sample that she used for the mix, but I can't find where it came from at all! It's driving me fucking NUTS, because I love love love love that part in the mix.

If anyone knows what it is or could point me to a better place to find what it is, that would be so amazing.

subrock

Here's the official release with artwork, feel free to grab it again if you want the artwork for the file.

http://soundcloud.com/touch-bass/silvergold

1. Zoo Brazil Ft Rasmus Kellerman - Locus
2. Fries & Bridges - Forever This
3. Pryda - Balaton
4. Compuphonic - Analog Sparkles (2009 Rework)
5. Funkagenda - Breakwater (Dataworx Remix)
6. Filur feat Prins Nitram - 20 Lashes (Filur's Pitchstrumental)
7. Nelsen Grover - Fratres (Arvo Part cover)
8. Mystery Jets - Two Doors Down (Duke Dumont Remix)
9. Sebastien Leger - Indian Shot
10. Jori Hulkkonen - I Dance To Your Bass My Friend
11. Mark Knight and Funkagenda - Man With The Red Face (Club Mix)
12. Husky Rescue - Shadow Run (Arveene & Misk Remix)
13. Jesse Rose - Non-Stop
14. Pantha Du Prince - Stick To My Side (Four Tet Version)

miyuru

Couple mashups for everyone:

Lorcan Mak - 4 The Love (Two Charming Men Remix) (Miyuru Fernando One Minute Moombahton Edit):
http://soundcloud.com/miyuru/lorcan...ix-miyuru-fernando-one-minute-moombahton-edit

Phantom Pt. II (Soulwax Remix) x We Never Close Our Eyes (Designer Drugs Remix) x I Got My Eye On You (DJ Chuckie Remix):
http://soundcloud.com/miyuru/phantom-pt-ii-x-we-never-close-our-eyes-x-i-got-my-eye-on-you

Enjoy! Opening for Foamo this Friday, will be playing out some unreleased stuff from Torro Torro, EtcEtc! & Mr. Vega, will try to post my set if I remember to record it...

miyuru

Shaneus said:
Miami Horror are DJing at my local in a few weeks! I'm good mates with the agents that were this [----] close to booking them which meant I probably would've been a support act... unfortunately, someone else booked them first ;_;

Still going though, no doubt it will be a sick event.

I'd hope they're good. I caught them two years ago at SXSW and was NOT impressed. It looked like it was honestly their first time DJing.

Shaneus

TBH I don't really have any expectations. I've seen guys from other Australian acts (KIM from Presets, Cut Copy) DJ and they've all been pretty shit. Cut Copy DJ's even changed shirts mid-way though their set :lol

In fact, I'm fucking over new-wave cardigan/fluoro model DJs. Give me someone who just gets up there in an everyday t-shirt and jeans and knocks out some fucking unreal tunes.

miyuru said:
Couple mashups for everyone:

Lorcan Mak - 4 The Love (Two Charming Men Remix) (Miyuru Fernando One Minute Moombahton Edit):
http://soundcloud.com/miyuru/lorcan...ix-miyuru-fernando-one-minute-moombahton-edit

Phantom Pt. II (Soulwax Remix) x We Never Close Our Eyes (Designer Drugs Remix) x I Got My Eye On You (DJ Chuckie Remix):
http://soundcloud.com/miyuru/phantom-pt-ii-x-we-never-close-our-eyes-x-i-got-my-eye-on-you

Enjoy! Opening for Foamo this Friday, will be playing out some unreleased stuff from Torro Torro, EtcEtc! & Mr. Vega, will try to post my set if I remember to record it...

Nice remixes! will have to DL later

Bit of a random question but my Mrs asked me when we saw Boy 8 Bit and I didnt know but why do Djs wear headphones or atleast have one ear listening to something?

Oh and some pics from Fatboyslim
34276_405129003580_501068580_4574061_334924_n.jpg

34276_405129013580_501068580_4574063_5694003_n.jpg

34276_405129018580_501068580_4574064_6459212_n.jpg

joelseph

French Fries mixtape for the Senta EP is packing fire!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/mad_decent_.../original/MAD_DECENT_MIXTAPE_FRENCH_FRIES.mp3

001: Four Tet - Sing (Floating Points Remix)
002: Bambounou - Nappy Head (French Fries Remix)
003: Kink - E79 (Original Mix)
004: Wildlife! ft. Terry Lynn - Nocturnal World (French Fries Remix)
005: Christian Martin - Work (Original Mix)
006: Lil' Silva - No Hooks (Original Mix)
007: Ramadanman - Work Them (Original Mix)
008: Lil' Silva - Night Skanker (Original Mix)
009: Redlight - Stupid (Original Mix)
010: Manaré - Pirog (Dubbel Dutch Remix)
011: Untold - Anaconda (Guarachero Mix)
012: French Fries - Senta (Vip Mix)
013: Ramadanman - Perimeter (Original Mix)
014: Supra 1 - Still Believe feat. Amy Douglas (L-Vis 1990 Remix Dub)
015: Crystal Fighters - In The Summer (French Fries Remix)
016: James Blake - Postpone (Original Mix)

joelseph

Johnlenham said:
Bit of a random question but my Mrs asked me when we saw Boy 8 Bit and I didnt know but why do Djs wear headphones or atleast have one ear listening to something?

They are listening to the upcoming track so they can match the beat and find the perfect time to drop it into the current track you are listening to.

Congratulations on seeing one of the great DJs, Boy 8-Bit is a treat!

subrock

miyuru said:
So so so jealous. Kill it man.

Nyx

Was listening to some old CD's and heard an all time favorite I almost forgot, then thought about a search I did for a digital download a few years ago not finding it due to that specific remix being unreleased, and now I finally found it, in great quality even. :D

It's this one :

Space Manoeuvres - Stage One (Mara Remix)

One of the best tracks ever for sure.

Im looking for a remix of Madonna's Get Together with Stardust's Music Sounds Better with you.

I heard the Stardust song today and remembered hearing the mashup with Madonna song on a dance floor long ago.

If someone can direct me to a version of it, I would be most grateful

subrock

miyuru said:
Ah for real! If you're confirmed hit me up if you're looking for an Edmonton date on the tour.
still shaky on the confirmation so I'm waiting a few more weeks to blab about it :D Dont want the promoter stringing me up.

Hi GAF.

I'm new to the music scene, but i'm currently looking to venturing into the world of Producing music.

Here's my site where i'll be uploading my music and such:
http://myspace.com/filthypaw

I was just wondering, what's the Best equipment for a new producer on a budget?

All I have right now is a BOSS DR-5 Synthesizer.

I was thinking of getting Abelton Live as my program to produce music.

Idk though. Any words of advice for a new producer?

subrock

Galactic Quail said:
Hi GAF.

I'm new to the music scene, but i'm currently looking to venturing into the world of Producing music.

Here's my site where i'll be uploading my music and such:
http://myspace.com/filthypaw

I was just wondering, what's the Best equipment for a new producer on a budget?

All I have right now is a BOSS DR-5 Synthesizer.

I was thinking of getting Abelton Live as my program to produce music.

Idk though. Any words of advice for a new producer?
definitely get ableton. there are starter versions if you just need to try it out or limited versions that come with midi controllers like the novation launchpad. if you want hardware maybe try some electribes.

subrock

oh hawaii, you try, but you most often fail. not a single name on that bill I recognize.

edit: well I'm stupid, thought that was actually in hawaii, and I remembered the horrid scene there, but its in the netherlands. might actually be fun in that case :D

Chaplain

subrock said:
might actually be fun in that case :D

On the decks right now: Leon Bolier

01. Roger Shah & Leon Bolier - Eden (Leon Bolier Mix)
02. Mike Foyle - Silver Lake (DNS Project Whiteglow Remix)
03. ID - ID
04. Bjorn Akesson - Robot Religion
05. ID - ID
06. Oryon - Gotham
07. Leon Bolier feat. Daniel Kandi - Symphonica / Leon Bolier - ID
08. Leon Boleir & Joop - ID
09. ID - ID

Shaneus

Patrick Bateman said:
Btw. what do you guys think of Kele - TENDERONI ? It somehow reminds me of some weird early 90s techno. :lol
Yeah, I posted it ages ago. People say it reminds them of the D. Ramirez remix of Yeah Yeah. TBH I reckon it has more of a Mason vibe to it.

Either way, I fucking love it.

Top Bottom