• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

http://thisisluckyme.com/slowjams-v/

5 years deep, the kid Hudson Mohawke returns with the definitive soundtrack to Valetines. Look, cancel that reservation. Put the money into good pizza and champagne. You’re getting this shit for free so buy your spiritual counterpoint something: the Heathers DVD. A single rose. Some salted caramels. Whatever. You got all the other magic you need right here. And if you’re alone tonight that’s okay; being into shit like this you’re gonna be fine. Trust us. Buy yourself those caramels. Get naked enough. Let a lil Mo get inside you… Happy Valentines everybody.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say

Divius

Unofficial James Blake live album.

^Click to download. Tracklist:

1. Unluck (Live)
2. The Wilhelm Scream (Live)
3. I Never Learnt To Share (Live)
4. Lindisfarne (Live)
5. Limit To Your Love (Live)
6. Give Me My Month (Live)
7. To Care (Like You) (Live)
8. Anti-War Dub (Live)
9. Klavierwerke (Live)
10. CMYK (Live)
11. Once We All Agree (Live)
12. A Case Of You (Live)
13. Enough Thunder (Live)
14. Love What Happened Here (Live)
15. Tep And The Logic (Live)

okno

Thanks for reminding me about this! Almost bought the vinyl last week, but decided tO wait for the digital release. Such a fire ep. He's done nothing but gold, such an amazing talent. That Ancient Methods/Regis collab you posted before is dope, too! Sandwell District is doing a showcase here soon, with Function, Rrose and Silent Servant in the back and Morphosis in the front. Last time I saw Function, my bowels felt loose for days.

andylsun

Just heard "With Just one Glance" by Nicholas Jarr on Pete Tong's Essential Selection - wow that's beautiful.

Going to have to pick up Space is Only Noise now!

joelseph

Just heard "With Just one Glance" by Nicholas Jarr on Pete Tong's Essential Selection - wow that's beautiful.

Going to have to pick up Space is Only Noise now!

Pick up all his older work. I am undecided on his latest ventures. The kid keeps getting stranger and stranger!

andylsun

Pick up all his older work. I am undecided on his latest ventures. The kid keeps getting stranger and stranger!

Will start with the album (going to Newbury Comics right now)!

Edit: Damn, nearest store that carries it is miles away - ah well, will try a few other stores - Nope, looks like will have to order online - should get here next week. Which EP's are worth picking up first?

Ill Saint

Thanks for reminding me about this! Almost bought the vinyl last week, but decided tO wait for the digital release. Such a fire ep. He's done nothing but gold, such an amazing talent. That Ancient Methods/Regis collab you posted before is dope, too! Sandwell District is doing a showcase here soon, with Function, Rrose and Silent Servant in the back and Morphosis in the front. Last time I saw Function, my bowels felt loose for days.

Objekt is indeed an exciting producer with an impeccable ability for sound design. That Sandwell showcase should be an amazing show, especially with Morphosis involved.

Watch out for Shed's 'The Praetorian' on 50weapons. He's amongst the most consistent and genre-boundary pushing producer working in and around hybridised dance music today.

Kraftwerk

Such a great album.

This particular song : MIRROR

Perfect for lounging. I went for a ride with this track playing last night. It was around 2-3 am. Just took all the stress out. Synched perfectly with the night. Made me very nostalgic too.

Again, great album.

John Roberts - Mirror

uhbg7l.jpg

Miroku

Some awesome pics on Flickr from my era of raving. Lots of great Chicago talent here, whoever shot and collected these did a great job!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oldschool_rave/

Reminds me of my very first parties, back in the day. Awesome. I think it was Acidic Pyramid w/Hyperactive and Woody McBride.

I never got to hear Dan Efex play but I have a bunch of his old goa trance mix tapes from gramaphone records...

/nostalgia

Miroku

Where is "here" ?

I've got to get a break from North Carolina and go hear some real music.

Unofficial James Blake live album.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fn44in4f4gpzqvt

^Click to download. Tracklist:

1. Unluck (Live)
2. The Wilhelm Scream (Live)
3. I Never Learnt To Share (Live)
4. Lindisfarne (Live)
5. Limit To Your Love (Live)
6. Give Me My Month (Live)
7. To Care (Like You) (Live)
8. Anti-War Dub (Live)
9. Klavierwerke (Live)
10. CMYK (Live)
11. Once We All Agree (Live)
12. A Case Of You (Live)
13. Enough Thunder (Live)
14. Love What Happened Here (Live)
15. Tep And The Logic (Live)

Thanks for this! Listening to it now.
Pretty unreal he's the one guy I consistently manage to miss -_- Even had tickets to see him back in January and ende dup at a random persons house party till 6am instead (got smashed and forgot to actually leave).

Anyone have any idea what im in for if I went to this.

The Gaslamp Killer / Kutmah / Darkhouse Fam / Patchwork Pirates / more tbc

Someone has suggested it to me and my google skills are failing right now.

joelseph

Anyone have any idea what im in for if I went to this.

The Gaslamp Killer / Kutmah / Darkhouse Fam / Patchwork Pirates / more tbc

Someone has suggested it to me and my google skills are failing right now.

LA turntablism / vinyl performance / beat production / no idea

LA turntablism / vinyl performance / beat production / no idea

Intresting! from a few youtube videos ive found of them it looks like it could be a laugh.

That James Blake live album is too good! Hes missed a trick there as Id have paid cash money for this thing. Unluck and Anti War dub are my favs at the moment.

Not to get caught up in the hype but the new Burial EP is pretty sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC16FJTI6XM
These two posts have made my week, thanks guys. I didn't realize the Burial EP was already out. Not sure if anyone has noticed or had it pointed out to them, but he samples himself on Ashtray Wasp (definitely uses Endorphin and I recognized another snippet of a song, but haven't tracked it down yet).

Experiencing CMYK live is one of my favorite musical moments in my life. Here is the video. 2:30 is when it goes off and magic happens.

One day I will!

Gilles Peterson Mix 2011
shlohmo

1. Nathan Johnson - Emily's Theme (Brick OST) - [Lakeshore]
sounds
2. His Name Is Alive - One Year (Four Tet Remix) - [Domino]
3. Emily Reo - On The Beach - [self released]
sounds
4. Drake - Club Paradise (RL Grime screw) - [OVO]
5. Jon Brion - Phone Call (slow) - [Hollywood]
+ found voicemail
6. Dimlite - Roo - [self released]
7. Asura - Her Tearing - [Non Projects]
8. M83 - I Guess I'm Floating - [Gooom]
9. Evenings - Softly, We Go.. - [self released]
sounds
10. Little Dragon - Twice - [Peacefrog]
11. Groundislava - Culminate - [Wedidit]
sounds
12. D'Angelo - Africa - [Virgin]

Divius

Experiencing CMYK live is one of my favorite musical moments in my life. Here is the video. 2:30 is when it goes off and magic happens.
Yeah that was so great. I saw him in Amsterdam and the bass was fucking insane. Here's a vid of I Never Learnt To Share, when that bass kicked in at 3:16 that was crazy. Too bad the quality isn't that great, but you can tell by the crowd that it was awesome.

Can't wait for him to come again.

okno

Where is "here" ?

I've got to get a break from North Carolina and go hear some real music.

Hah, sorry, NYC. It's happening at this monthly party, Bunker, which is easily the best big name party in the city right now. Peter van Hoesen is also doing a super super limited engagement (150 max) in their glorious loft. Stoked!

To anyone who hasn't listened to the new Talabot, DO IT! It's phenomenal! "So Will Be Now..." is a stunning track. I found an old ass harddrive of mine and stumbled upon an old EP of his, 'Families', the track of which is a collab with Glasser and is a gorgeous, gorgeous progressive house track. Highly recommended.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Hah, sorry, NYC. It's happening at this monthly party, Bunker, which is easily the best big name party in the city right now. Peter van Hoesen is also doing a super super limited engagement (150 max) in their glorious loft. Stoked!

To anyone who hasn't listened to the new Talabot, DO IT! It's phenomenal! "So Will Be Now..." is a stunning track. I found an old ass harddrive of mine and stumbled upon an old EP of his, 'Families', the track of which is a collab with Glasser and is a gorgeous, gorgeous progressive house track. Highly recommended.

Just finished listening to it, I'm pretty partial to Destiny, Estiu and When The Past Was Present myself! That Families track is awesome: link for interested parties - I'd probably classify it as nu-disco rather than progressive house although it has a few influences from the "Renaissance: The Mix Collection" era of prog.

Speaking of which I'm kinda in the mood to post some classic prog house so here we go:

Killahurtz - West On 27th
Mandalay - Deep Love (Charlie May mix)
Bedrock - Set In Stone
Evolution - Solina
Breeder - The Chain
Fathers of Sound - Water
Miro - Paradise (Red Jerry mix)
Sander Kleinenberg - Venus and Mars
Steve Lawler - Rise In
Slacker - Scared (The Lonely Traveler) (RIP!)
Ayumi Hamasaki - Vogue (Junkie XL mix)
Steve Porter - Mindless
Chris Micali - Song For Lauren
Medway - Trauma (Inkfish remix)
Panoptic - Surface
Chable and Bonnici - Ride
Matthew Dekay - Beautiful Monday
Aural Imbalance - Aural Navigation (Part two)
Yilmaz Altanhan - Eighties (Ozgur Can mix)
Spooky - Little Bullet
Redanka - Waves
Leama - Requiem for a Dream
Sarah McLachlan - World On Fire (Junkie XL mix)
Bedrock - For What You Dream Of
Markus Schulz presents Elevation - Clear Blue
Echomen - Perpetual (Retrofuturevocal)
Alice Deejay - Celebrate Our Love (Solid Sessions mix)
Solid Sessions - Janeiro
James Holden - I Have Put Out The Light
Satoshi Tomiie - Love In Traffic

okno

Just finished listening to it, I'm pretty partial to Destiny, Estiu and When The Past Was Present myself! That Families track is awesome: link for interested parties - I'd probably classify it as nu-disco rather than progressive house although it has a few influences from the "Renaissance: The Mix Collection" era of prog.
Yeah, sorry, worked all day and brain be fuzzy. I meant to go on and talk about it further, haha. By prog, I meant in the sense that the track just builds and builds and builds before coming to a perfect close. It's such an emotionally charged track that lifts you up so high, and makes you wish it'd never stop. It's the same feeling I like about prog house, that immense sensation of euphoria and nostalgia.

joelseph

And it's my birthday today! 32 years young. The perfect age to enjoy electronic music! Hope all my favorite gaf posters have a great weekend!

And it's my birthday today! 32 years young. The perfect age to enjoy electronic music! Hope all my favorite gaf posters have a great weekend!

Happy Birthday sir! your contributions have expanded my music tastes massively so thanks! :)

Going to anything on the weekend you want to see?

Top Bottom