• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

joelseph

Happy Birthday sir! your contributions have expanded my music tastes massively so thanks! :)

Going to anything on the weekend you want to see?

I waas going to see Pictureplane do a DJ set last night but got tooo drunk. Might go see an old college buddy DJ at a local spot tonight if I am sober enough after Korean BBQ. My next big show I am looking forward to is Redbull Music Academy next Thursday at Smartbar to see Nguzunguzu and Supreme Cuts LIVE.

For my birthday gift to myself I bought a copy of LOL Boys Heartbreak limited purple vinyl and Main Attrakionz 808s & Dark Grapes II limited purple vinyl.

Thanks for the love!

@Johnlenham I think, I should probably check it some time haha

Shlohmos new Ep is loads better than is old one imo not that it means his old one is bad by any stretch.

Next things im going to are Hernan Cattaneo at ministry of sound next friday and then Jackmaster and Ben UFO at XoYo on Sat. Should be good!

andylsun

qgm4R.jpg

Just arrived! Will be listening to it tomorrow (while working on my taxes, ugh).

Shaneus

Maceo Plex did the latest Essential Mix, went live today. You'd all be doing yourselves a huge disservice by not checking it out.

Also, I'd completely forgotten about this track but you guys deserve to listen to it. Everybody does.

Jay West - Walk the Night

There's the sweetest little cord change a little after a minute or so, it's just bliss.

I want more music like this. Hope this year doesn't let me down in that regard.

Shaneus

A touch too repetitive for me, but I dig the overall sound.

Mic Newman's Janet Jackson rework "Leisure Principle" is hitting the spot this morning. He's got a new EP streaming as well.
It's probably more suited to a bar-type environment where you don't have music as the sole focus of the environment. That whole thing where you don't realise you've subconsciously tapping feet and nodding your head to the track until it's almost over. At least, I get that a lot ;)

Man, Melbourne's so spoiled for choice when it comes to touring DJs. Next Friday I'll be checking out Danny Daze and the week after (the night after we see New Order, actually!) is Steve Bug & =fieldType:track]Silicone Soul. I'm off-the-charts excited about that one.

BTW Happy (somewhat belated) birthday, joelseph! I'll be hitting 32 in August. 1980 was a fucking great year for music :D (it's a version of the track that was looped for this, too!)

Shaneus

Started attempting to learn Ableton today. First reaction: what the fuck have I gotten myself into
Good luck! I always get the impression that it's piss-easy once you know how, but until it clicks with you it's just impossible to do anything. I'm still haphazardly trying :(

Oh, everyone needs to check out the Dimitri from Paris Essential Mix from last year. It's incredibly well done. Also, given that this is the "electronic" music thread, this track made a surprise appearance in it and everyone should be reminded of how good it is:

Electronic - Getting Away With It

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I made a mix to submit to see about DJing at Otakon's dance party, thought I'd share. It's got some uplifting bombastic house music, a bit of electro and "trouse", pretty mainstream in terms of music selection but there are a few surprises in there! Just figured I'd do something for fun on a slightly more commercial tip and see if they (hopefully) pick me to spin in front of 5000 anime fans.

Link to the mix on Soundcloud

I will post the TL later but don't want to spoil anything for now :p I think the actual mixing came out pretty good in this one.

ACE 1991

Good luck! I always get the impression that it's piss-easy once you know how, but until it clicks with you it's just impossible to do anything. I'm still haphazardly trying :(

Oh, everyone needs to check out the Dimitri from Paris Essential Mix from last year. It's incredibly well done. Also, given that this is the "electronic" music thread, this track made a surprise appearance in it and everyone should be reminded of how good it is:

Electronic - Getting Away With It

Yeah, it's a beast of a program.

TCRS

Banned
I made a mix to submit to see about DJing at Otakon's dance party, thought I'd share. It's got some uplifting bombastic house music, a bit of electro and "trouse", pretty mainstream in terms of music selection but there are a few surprises in there! Just figured I'd do something for fun on a slightly more commercial tip and see if they (hopefully) pick me to spin in front of 5000 anime fans.

Link to the mix on Soundcloud

I will post the TL later but don't want to spoil anything for now :p I think the actual mixing came out pretty good in this one.

Listened to an whole hour without realising. Good stuff!

daviyoung

Banned

CHEEEEESSSSEEEE!!!!

Only joking. I can dig it. Good luck!

qgm4R.jpg

Just arrived! Will be listening to it tomorrow (while working on my taxes, ugh).

Got to say this is pretty out there.. kind of remids me of an almost upbeat Burial? Does that make much sense?
Like its not really able to fit into a genre, just kind of sits there in its own kooky corner.

Keep seeing John Talabots name around, should get on and check him out aswell.

joelparrett

Neo Member
I just got banned because I said I wanted to fuck Kelly Clarkson. =( Be back on March 5th boys! Follow me on twitter if you want to get in touch.

that Scuba album is HOTTTT!!!!!!!

joelparrett

Neo Member
joelseph
Banned

? :eek:

Yeah man they couldn't handle my love for Kelly Clarkson!

one more post and then I am out for this ban.

AO-AO Feb Charts

http://aoaoblog.wordpress.com/2012/02/20/february-2012-charts/

ELECTRONIC:

01: Maelstrom – USSR
02: Locked Groove – Rooted
03: DJ Soulja Man – Eski Tech
04: Deebs – Money To Blow (Bootleg)
05: Squarehead – Keep It Moving EP
06: Yuksek – Off The Wall (Brodinski Remix)
07: Kill Frenzy – Booty Clap
08: DJ Sliink – Whine For Me
09: Before Dark – Baby (Brenmar Remix)
10: DJ Hoodcore – Phyre

HIP-HOP & R’N'B:

01: AKA Frank – My Dick Ain’t Racist
02: Meek Mill Feat. Rick Ross – Eryday
03: Usher – Climax (Prod. By Diplo)
04: Action Bronson & Riff Raff – Bird On AWire
05: Miguel – Adorn
06: Lil B – I Own Swag
07: SPVCXGHXZTPVRRP – Mystical Maze
08: Young Jeezy Feat. 2 Chainz – Supafreak
09: Ying Yang Twins – Jigglin (Lucid Bootleg)
10: Zebra Katz – Ima Read (Screwed By Gucci Vump)

MIXTAPES:

01: Mista Men – Valentines Mix (One For The Princess)
02: Bosstone’s Valentines Mix
03: SPACEGHOSTPURPP – God Of Black Vol. 1 Mixtape
04: Jo Kira’s ‘He Loves Me … He Loves Me Not’ Mixtape
05: Radi Dadi’s Valentines Day Mixy Wixy
06: AraabMuzik – Instrumental University
07: DJ Q Live For Just Jam
08: Hudson Mohawke – Valentines Slow Jams Chapter V
09: South London Ordnance – S London Mixtape
10: Total Freedom Mix – OC Mixtape Series #11

SOME PEOPLE WE LOVE ON TWITTER:

01: @GUY_ANDREWS
02: @ROSSJPLATT
03: @YSAAA
04: @PUFFINPIE
05: @BODYHIGH

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Hey guys, my new album is out. Not your typical electronic music. I tried to blend my experience with Metal/Rock and previous orchestral work to form this crazy concoction. I think it's pretty unique.

andylsun

Got to say this is pretty out there.. kind of remids me of an almost upbeat Burial? Does that make much sense?
Like its not really able to fit into a genre, just kind of sits there in its own kooky corner.

Keep seeing John Talabots name around, should get on and check him out aswell.

Listened to Space Is Only Noise a couple of times over the last few days and it's really growing well on me. I like the fact that some of the background sounds continue over track boundaries. I'm sure it will take quite a while to get comfortable with all of it, but enjoying it.

I think this also appears to be what I actually expected from James Blake (prior to hearing him), rather than what was on that album. Still not really sure about James Blake's album, but I can't get some of his lyrics out of my head, so I suppose it's working.

I've been listening to Burial Untrue as well recently, both Space is Only Noise and Untrue are sitting pretty well with me. Not heard of John Talabot, but will keep an eye out.

Top Bottom