• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Zacfoldor

YES! I'm in. Nice to meet everyone. I actually got started in online gaming forums on gamefaqs, moved over to VGChartz for several years, then moved over to mmo-champ. Though I check reddit constantly for news, I never posted there much. Of course I'd heard of neogaf and followed it over the years, but rarely actually read the forums. Recently I was able to find the forums due to the Elden Ring expansion. Loved the sense of humor and the memes and you just don't get that freedom on other websites to be kinda comical with your posts while also getting across a lot of valid points and criticisms. Love the vibe, so I'm hoping I can be a part of it, just a little bit. I believe in wild takes and outlandish predictions that eventually come true because what is the point of making a prediction if it isn't crazy as hell? Looking forward to dipping my toes into the water over here, haha!

rtoblox

Neo Member
Im roblox fan play bed wars like crazy all day, i love to help other kids who love Roblox and bed wars, my channel youtube call rtoblox rtoblox same nam here so let's rock happy to have you back neogaf

BrassCanuckles

Neo Member
Was shocked to find my account approved but definitely happy about it! Took me ages to join because I had heard this forum slagged off by the mainstream over the years but now I know it’s because of how based it is. Very happy to find a community of like minded enthusiasts who are actually interested in playing games rather than obsessing about the intersection of modern day politics and games.
Favorite games of all time: Katamari, Mirror’s Edge, Portal 2, FFXIII, Okami, Persona series, Bioshock series.
Favorite Developers: Grasshopper Manufacture, Platinum Games, From Software, Vanillaware.
Controversial Take: The entire N64/Saturn/PS1 generation is unplayable due to how ugly the games are.
Thanks for having me!

Lobeo1107

Neo Member
Wow it took 6 months to get approved. I’m not a hardcore gamer. Just play a few here and there since I grow old and lost my deep interest in games.
Not that I completely lost it, I still play games, but I remembered it was so much funnier when I was a kid. Like I can play games but in the back of my mind, I’m aware that there are stuffs that need to be done so I can’t fully enjoy games like I used to. I guess it’s part of the adult life. Btw, it’s nice to have a forum to talk with other people about games. Feeling like the old Internet is back here xD

pudel

Hello and greetings from germany! :messenger_peace:
PC master race gamer here...since 1992 and still enjoying all the good games. Although i am a bit worried in recent years about certain directions the industry is moving. But seems here are a lot of like minded guys. Nice to be here!

kevboard

Yo, out of nowhere I got an approved email...

well, hi guys, I am kevboard
(get it? Kevin + Keyboard 🙃)

I am very opinionated about games and make mediocre youtube videos from time to time (I hate editing 💀)

I've been playing games for as long as I can remember. Quite literally, as my cousin did babysit me when I was like 2-3 years old and I watched him play on his Amiga, and he also let me play (and instantly lose) from time to time.

so yeah... hi!

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

They took 1 month to activate an account lol, sighs that the forum is packing up soon
Pour One Out Malt Liquor GIF

supercapacity

Neo Member
hi from Scotland!

’Mature’ gamer from Scotland (47) who now plays games on the ‘gaming journalist’ difficulty setting due to time constraints, and remembering Miyamoto bemoaning the small amount of people finishing their games, despite the designers saving their best work for the end.

started with Alex Kidd on the Master System (after my folks mistakenly buying me an Atari 800 XL thinking I could play 2600 games on it), remain a console peasant, tho will move to PC if I ever sell some cameras or music gear.

Green saurus

Neo Member
Hola gente!

He leído algunos de vuestros hilos sobre prototipos de consolas de videojuegos y algunos videojuegos, que me han parecido interesantes.
He decidido registrarme, como usuario, para hablar de algunos temas de videojuegos, que me parecen interesantes, y seguir algunos otros, cuando los veo interesantes (como los indies run'n gun: Black Finger Jet, Shadow of the steel Moon,...; y otros videojuegos de tipo arcade (Los juegos de lucha, que es precisamente un género que no me suele gustar, salvo casos muy puntuales como Art of Fighting o Samurai Shodown 2 de Neo Geo, debido entre otras cosas a que no tienen controles complicados.
Currently, games of this genre are characterized by characters with a large number of movements, combos, several bars...etc. The truth is that I must admit that I do not have the ability to learn and memorize combos and combat systems. I prefer the direct fun that other games provide.)).

Well, about me, little to tell, I live in a medium-small city in the south of Spain: Granada (In 2019 it had a population of 232,462 people. In the USA, it would be a village; not even a large town or a small city rural And our PTS hospital would be in the USA, a small medical office. And the highway that we have here, a regional highway, in the USA) Initially I studied an Electronics Training Cycle; initially interested in repairing and maintaining arcade boards; and later on video game consoles and PC Gamers computers. And secondly, in AV receivers and televisions. But electronics are very complicated, and I had no attitudes; changing electronics later, for an electrician FPO course and solar energy, for hot water. For a short time afterwards, I was also interested in a distance learning course on Concept Art Video Games, with various concepts and illustrations. But in the end, things didn't work out. Graphical programming, I imagine, will be even more difficult.

Well, we will see each other here, in these forums, sometimes. Until the next time we meet or read.

All the best

CellarDoor81

Neo Member
Guten Tag!

I'm from Germany, 43 years old. Don't know what to tell. I love cats, I'm gay, I hate pronouns and all that woke shit (those blue-haired twitter-screamers, ugh), my boyfriend is in his midlife crisis right now and I'm new to Instagram which I hate - but I can't stop looking!
My favorite games are everything horror-related. The Last of Us 1+2, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Alan Wake, Until Dawn, Alien Isolation...
And I'm a big fan of all Sony exclusive Games on Playstation. I love my PSVR2!
I can't wait for the Dead Rising Remaster and Silent Hill 2 Remake!
I'm lurking Neogaf for couple of years now.
I'm always in tears when you guys make fun of Resetera - I hate that place so much! I think, some of the most funny people I've ever seen online are members on neogaf! 🤣

Hi,

I am glad that my account was approved after 6 months. I am a legacy gamer from Pakistan playing games on both PC and consoles since 1989 - my first console was an Atari 2600 that my late dad bought me when I was 6 years old.

I am a married gamer with two kids - a son and daughter. I have done MBA with double majors in Marketing and Finance and currently working as a digital marketing executive at a local firm here in Karachi, Pakistan.

On average, I spend about 8-10 hours a week playing games mostly on weekends. My 4 year old kid is also an avid gamer, and addicted to Mario and Astro Bot games.

I love to play mostly ARPGs like Elden Ring and Dragons Dogma, action games like Arcane Asylum, and fighting games like Street Fighter 6 and Tekken 8.

I play games on PS3, PS5 and a 12 gen i7 Intel Iris Xe laptop with 16 GB Ram - it can play emulators and games like Elden Ring and BG3 at medium settings.

Currently I am playing Spec OPs The Line on my PS3, Final Fantasy Rebirth on my PS5, and Elden Ring Deluxe Edition with Shadowtree DLC on laptop and adventuring at level 60s with a Vagabound and Strength build.

What interested me to this forum was that it is relatively active with interesting discussions.

Also, unlike most other popular forums, members here show respect to each other with no flame wars from PC and console fanboys. We need to celeberate and enjoy games on all platforms without demeaning others.

I hope you guys don't look at me with a stereotypical lense of a typical Pakistani Muslim, as I have moderate views who likes to connect with gamers of all creeds and races, and share interesting news about the world of gaming.

Happy gaming!

Top Bottom