• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Hi, i like video games.
we-dont-do-that-here-black-panther.gif

Hello everybody, my name is Fuhrer-President Banjo.

I like games that don't take too long to "get to the good part". I'm liable to drop a game in the first hour if it doesn't grab me.
I also like MMA, hip-hop, and podcasts.

Nice to meet you!

Aaravos

Neo Member
Hello everyone just got approved by mods I've been lurking on neogaf for a long time exited to chat about games thanks you mods for approval

DirtInUrEye

Neo Member
Like many new users, I'm a sporadic decade-long lurker looking for refuge away from reddit and I'm also hoping this place is still much less militant than the insufferable Resetera crowd.

Cheers.

Lee49

Neo Member
Long time lurker here that has finally been approved after what feels like an absolute age. I rarely post on forums and never on places like twitter but seeing that neogaf is one of the very few places I get my gaming news and to see other people's options on games, it's made me want to go and contribute here and talk about my passions for quite a while now. It's good to finally be here.

StardustJessie

Neo Member
Hello! Just call me Jessie. I'm 23 and from Brazil. I'm very exhausted from seeing all the toxic discussion around gaming as of late, and figured here would be a more genuine and passionate place in comparison to reddit or twitter (Which LOL, can't even access it.) and I hope to have a good time talking to folks!

I also have interest in game development. I'm familiar with programming, but my passion lies in game and art design. I've been writing a documentation for some 2, maybe 3 years now and I hope to someday turn it into a full game.

Londo

Neo Member
Hey there,
from time to time I fool myself into convncing that I'm still a gamer, when in reality I'm just an old man that likes to yell at clouds.

madison32

Neo Member
hello everyone. A 35 yr old gamer here who is currently working a 9-5 job and trying to keep his gaming passion alive by following gaming communities. old neogaf account is lost as my old email id got hacked. I am into FPS games but my life changed when I was introduced to Dota 2. However, its been a love hate relationship with the game for a while now as its getting hard for us old peeps to keep up with the constant game updates. But I am just too lazy to try a new game so that's how it is.

Hey there 👋
Iam the new one and I might show up more often . My interest are mostly gaming, science and technology in general.
Super stoked to be here. I found out only reasently that a company email is not needed anymore lol to that..

yax

Neo Member
Hi members, both new and old. ;)

We've set this imaginatively titled thread up as a friendly, welcoming space for people to just say "Hi" and maybe share a few words about themselves. This was my introduction from the thread we created for staff members, it doesn't need to be anything of that size though, anything would be great.

Maybe tell us what sort of games you like, what games your looking forward to, what non-gaming things you're interested in and maybe even a little bit about your choice of avatar.

REMINDER: THE DEFAULT AVATARS WILL BE REMOVED SHORTLY SO YOU'LL NEED TO UPLOAD ONE VIA YOUR ACCOUNT AT THE VERY TOP OF THE PAGE OR REQUEST A CUSTOM AVATAR HERE - Official NeoGAF Avatar Request Thread (work in progress)
We actually have several hundred brand new members that have just been joined up (Neophytes), I've added a few links below so that newer members can find their way to threads that may be of use to them.

------------------------------
BASIC MEMBERSHIP TYPES

There are three main types of membership on NeoGAF which I'll give a brief overview on below. You may also see other types of members in the community but these are the "standard" membership types.

Neophytes - The absolute newest of members.
  • Unable to create new threads. (Neophytes can now request to have a thread created on their behalf, follow this link for details.)
  • Unable to send messages using the NeoGAF messaging service. Able to receive messages though.
  • Unable to edit own posts after five minutes.
  • All posts are unpublished until a member of staff validates and publishes the posts.
  • Unable to enter NeoGAF Giveaways.

Neo Members - Have been seen to contribute positively to the forum.
  • Unable to create new threads.

Members - Have demonstrated a sustained positive contribution to the forum.
  • No member restrictions.

Although number of posts are also a factor in people moving from one type of membership to another, the reason we're not listing specifics is because it isn't solely based on that so somebody who has contributed positively could well be moved earlier than somebody with twice as many posts. Don't spam posts and expect to be moved earlier because it's very easy for the move to be delayed if we see that you're having a negative effect of the community.

Although being a full Member is permanent, in the general sense, it is possible for people to have rights removed if its deemed fit by the team. This would be unusual but it certainly isn't unheard of.

As some may already have noticed, we now have a Giveaways Tab at the top of the page, we're currently hosting our first giveaway and it's very much a work in progress but each individual giveaway can be set with a required minimum membership level rather than there being an overall requirement, so it's always worth checking there. Neophytes will not normally be able to enter though but as this one is a bit of test run for us, it is actually possible.

If you are a Neophyte and are wanting to contact staff for something and it isn't appropriate to use the Report Function (Reporting inappropriate posts) or the Error Reporting & Feedbackthread then you are able to do this using the Contact Us tab at the very bottom of the page or by using this email address - support@neogaf.com

Although you may find that you have more or less privileges than other members with different membership types, it doesn't mean that one type of member has authority over other members, it's not a rank and should never be treated as such.

------------------------------​

Welcome to all members and thank you all for your contributions here, there's been a lot of support from the community here recently and we all hope that the you will lead by example for the new people rather than just relying on us to tell people what to do.

giphy.gif

USEFULL THREADS

FEEL FREE TO USE THESE THREADS, THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR.​

MOD NOTE - For your first post dont just put "Hi" or "Hey" or "Yo" or something. We get a lot of bots so to distinguish please make your first post at least a sentence to show you arent a robot. And we can learn more about you that way! Thank you.
Hi, I’m sort of a new year and for some reason I can’t start a thread, I always get something like this “insufficient privileges to post “ Anyhelp will be appreciated.

sudolicious

hi, I hate introductions, but I love waifus. All the best games have great waifus, think about it. FFVI on the SNES, RE2 on the PS1, The last of Us on the PS3 ( I'm refering to the adult woman at the start of course). Great introduction, right?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Hi, I’m sort of a new year and for some reason I can’t start a thread, I always get something like this “insufficient privileges to post “ Anyhelp will be appreciated.
I think it’s 6 months membership and a minimum of 50 posts.

the_liam97

Neo Member
Hey everyone, my name is Liam. I'm an old gamer, but these days I barely get a chance to play. Most people here might not understand this, but I’m sure you will when you're my age. I’m just here to stay up to date with gaming news, nothing more.

Neener XIV

Neo Member
Howdy all! I'm Neener, full-time 911 Operator by profession, husband, cat-daddy (2 kitties), and game developer in my off-work time.

Eszti

Banned
Hello, happy gaming guys :)

(im still trying to stomach the ps5 pro price its 920€(thats oover 1000$) with a disc drive here in austria) thats insane.

Last edited:

Eszti

Banned
No but this is pretty popular i see. i just got approved i was surpised too. :)

i mean this gam emade gaming history. albeit not in a positive light

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
The Emirates office Al Quoz is conveniently located in the heart of the city, making it easily accessible for both residents and travelers. It is a prominent city known for its vibrant business environment, and the office is situated in a commercial area that is well-connected by public transportation. The staff at the Emirates Al Quoz office are highly trained and knowledgeable about the airline’s services and travel requirements. Support for modifying existing bookings, including changes to flight details, cancellations, and rebookings. Assistance with any issues related to Emirates flights, such as baggage inquiries, special requests, and travel advice. For the latest information on the Emirates Al Quoz office Address and Other details like operating hours, it’s advisable to check our website or contact their customer service directly.

what a welcome.

Top Bottom