• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Mazojin

Neo Member
Greetings!

I'm Mazojin. I've lurked here a bit and decided to sign up. System of choice is the PlayStation, but I love all consoles as long as I'm having fun.

This looks like an active and entertaining forum. Thanks for approving my account, and I look forward to becoming involved with the community.

Last edited:
hello, old Brazilian gamer from early 80s Atari days here - from Defender to Battlezone 2016 in VR, it's been one hell of a ride.

I've been to many web forums before, beginning late in the 90s in places like Eidolon's Inn Tavern and Metroid Database, but first time in Neogaf.

hoping to stay as long as the ban hammer allows

Puncheur

Greetings! Long time lurker. Finally made the leap to join to share in the excitment of the new generation. On and off gamer since PSOne.
Other than gaming I love road cycling and I do a bit of photography when I can.
In these crazy times we're living through NeoGAF seems like the last bastion of sanity.
Can't wait for the new gen to kickoff...

Cheers everyone.

Hey Gaf! Discovered this site way back in college (about 10 years ago) but have been a lurking addict until now.
Saw the site split, horrified. Clueless people jumping ship without looking into the details/doing research. Licked red pill but would be years until I actually swallowed it whole. Still joined Resetera because thought Gaf was dead (and sign up was easy). My mistake. Culture gotten too crazy, I'm out. Unthinkable that we're moving in direction where people don't seem to value free thinking, or free speech.

Right now Gaf seems like an oasis of free thinking (though some swing too hard in opposite spectrum, moderates allowed). Recent events maddening, need an outlet for sane discussion. Live in a progressive bubble and am about to lose my mind.

Plus, video games. Love 'em. N64->Dreamcast->PS2->PS3-PS4->??? With new gen on horizon (forbidden west) and real world in shambles, what better time to join than now?

Jooxed

Gold Member
hello, old Brazilian gamer from early 80s Atari days here - from Defender to Battlezone 2016 in VR, it's been one hell of a ride.

I've been to many web forums before, beginning late in the 90s in places like Eidolon's Inn Tavern and Metroid Database, but first time in Neogaf.

hoping to stay as long as the ban hammer allows
Hey Gaf! Discovered this site way back in college (about 10 years ago) but have been a lurking addict until now.
Saw the site split, horrified. Clueless people jumping ship without looking into the details/doing research. Licked red pill but would be years until I actually swallowed it whole. Still joined Resetera because thought Gaf was dead (and sign up was easy). My mistake. Culture gotten too crazy, I'm out. Unthinkable that we're moving in direction where people don't seem to value free thinking, or free speech.

Right now Gaf seems like an oasis of free thinking (though some swing too hard in opposite spectrum, moderates allowed). Recent events maddening, need an outlet for sane discussion. Live in a progressive bubble and am about to lose my mind.

Plus, video games. Love 'em. N64->Dreamcast->PS2->PS3-PS4->??? With new gen on horizon (forbidden west) and real world in shambles, what better time to join than now?
Greetings! Long time lurker. Finally made the leap to join to share in the excitment of the new generation. On and off gamer since PSOne.
Other than gaming I love road cycling and I do a bit of photography when I can.
In these crazy times we're living through NeoGAF seems like the last bastion of sanity.
Can't wait for the new gen to kickoff...

Cheers everyone.

Welcome to GAF folks! Great time to join up we have a great community.

Hi everyone!

Long time reader here, finally decided to register.

I'm in gaming since "stone age", Pong, Tetris, River Raid, Joust.

welcome. I've played Pong, Galaga, River Raid, Battlezone, Tetris and Wipeout back last century. And again in VR versions of sorts - the only real nextgen gaming around...

supernova8

Banned
Used to be a huge gamer and now I'm approaching 30, somehow found myself just playing the original Candy Crush.

Recently bought a gaming PC and am currently enjoying the Witcher 3 (I finally get it and I love it).

Extremely cynical about how many games will actually make use of the faster SSDs for next-gen in the first year or so. Thought that PS4 and PS5 both being x86 meant that there won't be as steep a learning curve but not sure what happened there. Vast majority of games outside of some first party Sony stuff just looks like cross-gen garbage.

Used to be a huge gamer and now I'm approaching 30, somehow found myself just playing the original Candy Crush.

Recently bought a gaming PC and am currently enjoying the Witcher 3 (I finally get it and I love it).

Extremely cynical about how many games will actually make use of the faster SSDs for next-gen in the first year or so. Thought that PS4 and PS5 both being x86 meant that there won't be as steep a learning curve but not sure what happened there. Vast majority of games outside of some first party Sony stuff just looks like cross-gen garbage.
Hey, welcome. Lots of GAFers are satisfied to discuss older systems as well, so don't feel as though you need to hop into next-gen in order to fit in here.

supernova8

Banned
Hey, welcome. Lots of GAFers are satisfied to discuss older systems as well, so don't feel as though you need to hop into next-gen in order to fit in here.

Hey there thanks for the warm welcome, much appreciated!

I think I'm beginning to enjoy next-gen console buzz less and less with age. Perhaps I find it harder and harder to give companies the benefit of the doubt.

I yearn for the days when you bought a game on a disc in a little independent games store, and that was it. No updates, no 'day-one patch', no season passes, no DLC, microtransactions. When companies only had one shot to get their game out the door they were more polished, at least as I remember it.

Besides, Expansion Paks for N64..amirite?

Hi, I'm StylishMGTOW. I like video games, that's why I'm here.

I used to despise this place before all the mods left in ~2017 or something; but in a strange turn of events, what with all that's going on in the world and the fact that this is one of the only sites that's tolerant of different thoughts/ideas (from what I've observed), I find myself making an account here.

You'll probably find me in the Gaming and Off-Topic discussions. I steer clear of Politics; but if push comes to shove, I'll maybe peek my head in there. Who knows.

Hello everyone! My name is Mykhailo, 23 y.o. - I am Junior game developer from Ukraine, Odesa. I am here to introduce my very first game Sunset Hardcore. I worked for this 3 months and I am exited get to know community opinion!

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
EviLore EviLore Just out of curiosity why did you let the forum be run the way it was run before the exodus?
Fear of change and killing the golden goose? Enjoyed being untouchable in a madhouse?
Not being critical, I'm just honestly curious.

Reactions: Ode

Jooxed

Gold Member
Hi, I'm StylishMGTOW. I like video games, that's why I'm here.

I used to despise this place before all the mods left in ~2017 or something; but in a strange turn of events, what with all that's going on in the world and the fact that this is one of the only sites that's tolerant of different thoughts/ideas (from what I've observed), I find myself making an account here.

You'll probably find me in the Gaming and Off-Topic discussions. I steer clear of Politics; but if push comes to shove, I'll maybe peek my head in there. Who knows.

Welcome to GAF!

Arelyon

Banned
Hi guys, I've been mostly lurking for a while.

How do you upgrade from being a Neo Member BTW?

*Nevermind: I read the OP.

Last edited:

sxodan

Hi fellas, the name is sxodan, like System Shock's Shodan but with the Cyrillic letter H (X)

I'm a big fan of video games, love CDPR, Assassin's Creed franchise and Dark Souls.

Big fan of Liverpool FC.

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks now and decided to register since this forum looks a lot more friendly than ResetEra where everyone is just egoistic assholes.

Cheers and have a nice day.

C4lukin2

Banned
Hi my name is Clay. I have been a part of some version of this community for a good ten years now.

I try to be a reasonable person on all topics.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Hello, I am Greeno. An undergraduate that is studying software engineering.

Hope all of you have a good day.
Hi my name is Clay. I have been a part of some version of this community for a good ten years now.

I try to be a reasonable person on all topics.
Hi fellas, the name is sxodan, like System Shock's Shodan but with the Cyrillic letter H (X)

I'm a big fan of video games, love CDPR, Assassin's Creed franchise and Dark Souls.

Big fan of Liverpool FC.

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks now and decided to register since this forum looks a lot more friendly than ResetEra where everyone is just egoistic assholes.

Cheers and have a nice day.

Welcome to GAF guys!

Finally got approved. Told me too come share some details about myself. Im a Xbox gamer who was also lurking in the shadows from all the PlayStation fanboys on here.

Rikoi

Hello everyone, I lurked some gaming forum and stumbled upon Resetera but I was shocked by the community there the number of banned people because you don't agree with their views in huge.
This one seems way more balanced, so I signed up.
I'm in my 30s and I love gaming, mostly jrpgs/rpgs, adventure, fps and platforms, and some other genres as long as they look good to me or have good stories.
Thanks for accepting me!

PresetError

Neophyte
Hi folks. I'll be honest with you. I ended up in here after finally discovering what the "old site" they keep talking about at ResetEra was. After taking a look I like it better here.

I'm a 39 year old from Barcelona. The type of player that feels almost exclusively drawn to single player experiences and believes in games as art and all that crap. See you around.

Last edited:

Ode

Neo Member
Hello there everyone. I am Edo aka Ode. This seems like a nice place to chill and talk abt games/movies/tvshows etc. Appreciate the fact that I can be a part of all of that so thank you for having me 🙂

Top Bottom