• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

MMKirby

Banned
Relaxed Muscle said:
NOOOOOO!! I wanted to slap people with Excella!!!

We're in an era where patches/DLC can change games, capcom really needs to think this through. I've already seen a numerous amount of people not caring any about gold because these new character are only playable with Mercenaries Reunion, a mode only good for premade groups. It will die soon, people will want to fight each other with these characters. I'm hoping for some new maps as well... seriously. I dreamed of a mansion map which looked awesome.

Erebus

MMKirby said:
This sucks. Why is it so hard for them to understand that people will probably want to use the new characters that they paid for in Versus mode?

EDIT
DLC breakdown:

Downloadable Content Characters Unlocked for THE MERCENARIES REUNION

Lost in Nightmares will include Barry Burton and Excella Gionne

Character Pack 1 will include Chris Redfield (Heavy Metal) and Sheva Alomar (Business)

Desperate Escape will include Rebecca Chambers and Josh Stone

Character Pack 2 will include Chris Redfield (Warrior) and Sheva Alomar (Fairytale)

MMKirby

Banned
DarkUSS said:
This sucks. Why is it so hard for them to understand that people will probably want to use the new characters that they paid for in Versus mode?

I would lol if they made a versus reunion.

MMKirby

Banned
DLC breakdown:
Downloadable Content Characters Unlocked for THE MERCENARIES REUNION

Lost in Nightmares will include Barry Burton and Excella Gionne

Character Pack 1 will include Chris Redfield (Heavy Metal) and Sheva Alomar (Business)

Desperate Escape will include Rebecca Chambers and Josh Stone

Character Pack 2 will include Chris Redfield (Warrior) and Sheva Alomar (Fairytale)

Great, I get to play Barry in 6 days!!!

lol Rebecca sprays a first aid into one of their faces, nice reference to RE1 :p

As for playing as the new characters in versus, everyone would need the character data even if they do not want to buy them so they can be seen as another player, and that would mean a large patch over xbox live so everyone has that data :/

Best way around problems like that is to release 1 free character which actually has them all in the download, but locked. It's done well in forza as a lot of people download the free car but can see all 10-11 cars in the pack when they play others online using those cars.

Need to buy RE5 again, not buying the 360 gold edition as it's so pointless because you just get live codes :/ silly dvd limits...

Boo @ REmake Barry.

What happened to bad-ass lumberjack Barry?! It's like Capcom doesn't even want to recognize that the original RE1 existed at all... which is why we have Gonzo Jill in RE5.

Boo-urns.
Still buying it

The excitement is building. For some reason, just seeing the new figures DLC was up made me really, really want to play some more RE5. I don't know why it had such a profound effect on me, but now I'm really hyped for all the DLC.

Can't wait.

Sectus

Diablohead said:
lol Rebecca sprays a first aid into one of their faces, nice reference to RE1 :p

As for playing as the new characters in versus, everyone would need the character data even if they do not want to buy them so they can be seen as another player, and that would mean a large patch over xbox live so everyone has that data :/

Best way around problems like that is to release 1 free character which actually has them all in the download, but locked. It's done well in forza as a lot of people download the free car but can see all 10-11 cars in the pack when they play others online using those cars.

Need to buy RE5 again, not buying the 360 gold edition as it's so pointless because you just get live codes :/ silly dvd limits...
They've got a similar issue with mercs reunion anyway. Any DLC unlocks that mode, but it would be a huge waste of space if every DLC includes the entire mode. They need some kind of way to deliver that separately.

Teknoman

Cant wait to explore the mansion. Wont be able to squeeze in a replay before it, but after playing the DLC, who knows. Wonder if they'll let you use the items you already have, or just give you a default set.

Either way, day 1.

Teknoman

MMKirby said:
We've heard from a moderator already that they're not looking to add them to versus... /rage. Mercenaries Reunion may include new maps, we'll just have to wait and as for versus, considering the era we're in they can always patch/dlc if we request I suppose.

Source: http://www.capcom-unity.com/resident_evil/go/thread/view/7391/22333125/Im_confused...

Considering that RE6 won't be coming out for 6-8 years and is a reboot, I'd think they'd work to boost RE5 more.

What?
Skel said:
When does the mansion DLC come out?

This week. Wednesday and Thursday for XBL and PSN.

20sc5rb.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I am so incredibly tempted to import RE5 Alternative Edition for PS3 right now.

But the wait for the second set of DLC is only two weeks. But I wouldn't mind double-dipping and getting RE5 for PS3. But I would be blowing a ton of cash on a game I already own on 360. But it's RE5 and RE5 is awesome. ARGH temptation!

Teknoman

XxBigP123xX said:
Is the update up on PS3 yet?

No downloads here. And it hasnt been mentioned whether or not weapons carry over to the extra content.

Im thinking they would give you a set inventory the first time through though. Would kinda throw off the old school vibe in the first extra episode if you could just run through with all kinds of weapons the first time.

Daigoro

Diablohead said:
Dunno but come on that will ruin the taste, use a beretta!

agreed. definitly want to play through fresh.

it wouldnt make much sense thematically if you carried over Chris' of Sheva's stash anyways.

Chip N Chance said:
What do the new figures do? Are they literally just to look at?

same as the old one, yes. the make sounds too, but they are just collectibles.

still pretty cool though.

MCD

dunno if anyone still care about the pc version but i found something for ati users just now:

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

# Windows 7

* Performance drop no longer visible on "Resident Evil 5" cinematics scenes

* Corruption in specific chapters are no longer visible during "Resident Evil 5" gameplay

* Corruption no longer visible in "Resident Evil 5" during in game cut scenes with specific settings and HDR value set to high
yay i guess.

Alec

Lost In Nightmares Spoilers

Ozwell's journals in his study talk about how "Alex" is his only hope. Is he talking about Alexander or Alexia Ashford, or perhaps one of the "other Weskers" mentioned at the end of RE5?

Also, in his Butler's journal, it talks about how Ozwell isn't the type of succumb to his death without a backup plan. Return of Ozwell for RE6?

MrOctober

Banned
The mansion was really fun and seriously tension filled, reminded me of old RE's and a steal at 5 bucks. But holt fuck Mercenaries Reunion is amazing. The levels get nuts real quick and the new characters fucking rule. Fairy Tale Sheva is easily my favorite Mercs character now. She is unkillable. What a fucking steal for 7 bucks total.

Daigoro

wow. i picked up the PC version last week. its fantastic. it looks so good.

anyone still playing the PC version? i need a co-op partner.

now ill finally get a chance to check out some of Sectus' sweet mods. :D

MCD said:
dunno if anyone still care about the pc version but i found something for ati users just now:

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

yay i guess.

yay for me. i just picked up the PC version.

randomwab said:
Only yay if they fixed the damn AA problem. The in-game AA crashes on ATi cards, and the CCC AA is pretty shitty in comparison.

im not having a problem with in-game AA. maybe it was fixed a while ago?

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
The Mansion was cool but waaaay to short. I was just getting started and then BAM Wesker-time. I know, 400 points, nothing, but still... I'd rather pay 800 or 1200 for something that lasts a couple of hours. This was like a bite-sized snack.
Seriously, there's basically just one enemy, a cool one though. Kinda buggy AI, they don't deal too well with two people wacking away with just knives. The corpes can hardly be called new. Mansion -> Dungeon -> Wesker, and the Wesker fight offers nothing new, same mechanics and before, *and* you already know the outcome. Kinda boring.

Anyway, I've never played Mercs, so I guess I should look into that now. I hope Desperate Escape has a little more to offer then three-and-a-half hallway.

Daigoro

i played the PC version for like 4-5 hrs yesterday. im doing a clean run on Veteran so there is at least some challenge involved. man, everything looks fantastic locked at 60fps (4xAA everything maxed). a definite improvement over the console version.

i switched over to a controller pretty quickly. the mouse aim seems good, but i really wasnt feeling the keyboard movement controls. the 360 controller feels just right.

i checked out that modding forum that Sectus has all of his stuff posted on too. seems like there are some fun things to try out.

my only complaint is the disc check. so annoying in the DD age. its been a long time since ive bought a PC game that wasnt DD. i need the Steam version to go on sale so i can buy that version too. :lol

randomwab

Daigoro said:
im not having a problem with in-game AA. maybe it was fixed a while ago?

And you're running it with an ATi card? I hope they have, the came looks crazy good maxed out with silky smooth framerate.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Daigoro said:
i switched over to a controller pretty quickly. the mouse aim seems good, but i really wasnt feeling the keyboard movement controls. the 360 controller feels just right.

I felt the mouse almost broke the difficulty in the game because it made it so easy. Once I got Sheva's bow, nothing could touch me because it actually leaves the crosshair on on PC.

unreon

Can anyone help me out? Spoiler tagged for something minor that happens 15-20min in:

After putting in the 3 passwords on the computer, they mention a 'control' located somewhere else...how do I get Jill out of the spiked room?

Curufinwe

Daigoro said:
i played the PC version for like 4-5 hrs yesterday. im doing a clean run on Veteran so there is at least some challenge involved. man, everything looks fantastic locked at 60fps (4xAA everything maxed). a definite improvement over the console version.

I stopped using the mouse on the PC version when it gave me shitty QTE prompts like "F +X".

I got the PS3 version on Sunday and I'm finally going to play LiN tomorrow. I've been trying to collect all but the hardest trophies in the main game before trying the new stuff. The left analog stick on the Dual Shock 3 is pretty good for aiming with - definitely better than the left stick on the Dual Shock 2 was when I played RE 4.

Risible

unreon said:
Can anyone help me out? Spoiler tagged for something minor that happens 15-20min in:

After putting in the 3 passwords on the computer, they mention a 'control' located somewhere else...how do I get Jill out of the spiked room?

Answer spoiler tagged:

Go down the hall to the room that has all the stuff in storage, where you found the burnt password. There's a locked door there. Jill can see the lock and will shoot the lock off after you try to open the door. Once you get in there there's a lever to pull.

Mr_Zombie

Curufinwe said:
I stopped using the mouse on the PC version when it gave me shitty QTE prompts like "F +X".

I don't understand why people just don't change those default keys into something more comfortable, because F+X is surely really painful.
My current keys config is:
Q - Partner
E - Interact/Action
F - Quick Knife
X - Taunt
V - Locate Partner

This way the only QTE I got is E, Q, A+D, Q+E - all of them easily reachable without moving left hand too much.

Fantasmo

Lost in Nightmares is
pretty brutal on Professional

I gotta say, I love the old style of play mixed with the new engine. This viewpoint works with RE1, 4, and 5 and I'm lovin em all! Can't wait for the next full sequel.

One thing I DO miss the gory deaths. Capcom should really bring those back!

Oh and Mercenaries Reunion is top notch. I'm so happy to be playing this again with my friend.

Great job and great price Capcom!

junkster said:
Lost in Nightmares is
pretty brutal on Professional

I gotta say, I love the old style of play mixed with the new engine. This viewpoint works with RE1, 4, and 5 and I'm lovin em all! Can't wait for the next full sequel.

One thing I DO miss the gory deaths. Capcom should really bring those back!

Oh and Mercenaries Reunion is top notch. I'm so happy to be playing this again with my friend.

Great job and great price Capcom!
Blowing the leg(s) off a zombie in RE1 is still something unbeat in any game, watching it fall down to only crawl on towards you and try to munch on your own leg only to either be knifed on the ground or a bullet to the skull, watching it bleed out.

Grim I know but also optional, you can always just blow their heads off with the shotgun or shoot their arms off :p

Alec said:
Lost In Nightmares Spoilers

Ozwell's journals in his study talk about how "Alex" is his only hope. Is he talking about Alexander or Alexia Ashford, or perhaps one of the "other Weskers" mentioned at the end of RE5?

Also, in his Butler's journal, it talks about how Ozwell isn't the type of succumb to his death without a backup plan. Return of Ozwell for RE6?
It's definitely
one of the other Wesker children - you see a note from "Alex W." in the bridge of the ship toward the very end of RE5 as well that makes it sound like he was monitoring Wesker the whole time, and Lost in Nightmares makes it clear that Albert Wesker was #13 and Alex was #12. And it sounds like Spencer WANTED Albert Wesker to kill him - whatever Alex is doing, it probably involves resurrecting Spencer somehow, and Albert hasn't got a clue about it. So going forward we've got both Alex/Spencer AND TriCell as the current series villains, I guess. Have to see if Desperate Escape involves any further story reveals.

Fantasmo

How do I finish Lost in Nightmares on Pro?
I'm Jill, and Chris keeps dying. Is there a time limit? Do I have to keep hitting Wesker? I run out of bullets and health, and once Chris takes enough of a beating, you can't rescuscitate him in time.

Truth be told I have no idea what I did to trigger the end in Veteran :lol

Hyunkel6

I started playing though the main story without carrying any previous weapons. The game is actually pretty challenging if you don't go back to previous chapters to stock up on ammo/herbs. I'm constantly running out of ammo, and actually had to finish 3 chainsaw guys with the stun rod. :lol

Top Bottom