• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

TheExodu5

Banned
I really wish there was a filter mod to make the gameplay look like the cutscenes. They are running in real-time, after all.

I want to try that no-sepia filter mod though, for the hell of it. Anyone know where to find it? I had the link a few days ago but lost it.

I had finished awhile ago with rc213. Ehh... I feel RE4 was a better game, this a better action game. Impressions later... I need a Veteran partner.

Steiner_Zi said:
This game now looks so dated compared to Uncharted 2, and all that's because Capcom chose to make it a simple co-op 3rd-person action shooter... With RE6 the series must definitely return back to its survival/horror roots...

1920 x 1080 at 60 FPS with heavy anti-aliasing begs to differ.

Teknoman

Looking forward to partnering up for the DLC chapters. Actually thinking about setting aside some time and going through the game (PS3 online co-op) again on a hard difficulty.

rc213

The Frankman said:
I had finished awhile ago with rc213. Ehh... I feel RE4 was a better game, this a better action game. Impressions later... I need a Veteran partner.

Do a speed run on easy to get some EXP to unlock some Infinite Ammo for Vet/Pro.

Sectus

More mod progress!

I've figured out how to add new enemy spawns. Still need to learn a bit more about the spawn data is structured, but this should give more freedom when it comes to making mods: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t19A2uxlNRQ

It shouldn't be too long before no mercy story mode will be possible to create. Which would be awesomeness.

RE5 on Professional mode can get fucked. Seriously. Sheva AI was tolerable on lower difficulties. Now she's just outright broken. Fuck.

I mean seriously. All infinite magnums and she still can't do a fucking thing right.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Blue Jihad said:
RE5 on Professional mode can get fucked. Seriously. Sheva AI was tolerable on lower difficulties. Now she's just outright broken. Fuck.

I mean seriously. All infinite magnums and she still can't do a fucking thing right.

AI: Attack->RPG
AI: Cover->Magnum

Did most everything by myself. A human partner + whoring RPG will make things faster (provided you don't tag each other with a stray rocket) meanwhile.

Shapingo

Is Magic Box a banned site? They have the famitsu screens of RE5 desperate escape up. they are not scans, so ok to link?
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0912/game091217c.shtml

bh5ae05.jpg

bh5ae09.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
rc213 said:
DLC Trophies have been added on PSN.

[Bronze] Kung Fu Fighting - Inflict a set amount of damage to Wesker in "Lost in Nightmares."

[Bronze] Wish Upon a Star - Destroy all 18 of the Score stars found throughout "Lost in Nightmares."

[Bronze] Must've Got Lost - Complete "Lost in Nightmares" on any difficulty setting.

[Bronze] It's Just a Bad Dream! - Complete "Lost in Nightmares" with an S rank.

[Silver] Night Terrors - Complete "Lost in Nightmares" on Professional

[Bronze] Way of the Warrior - Defeat 150 enemies singlehandedly in one playthrough of "Desperate Escape."

[Bronze] Shoot the Messenger - Defeat 3 Agitator Majini in one playthrough of "Desperate Escape."

[Bronze] Getaway - Complete "Desperate Escape" on any difficulty setting.

[Bronze] The Great Escape - Complete "Desperate Escape" with an S rank.

[Silver] Run the Gauntlet - Complete "Desperate Escape" on Professional.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
There are two added scenarios. One with Chris and Jill at the Spencer Estate. Two is presumably Jill and Josh towards the end of the game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
LiK said:
Wow, so our dreams came true. We were all speculating these scenarios and Capcom listened :)

I have to respect Capcom for taking time to listen to people who complain/suggest things on Capcom-Unity.com. These two scenarios were, without a doubt, the most asked for additions. They also asked for costume suggestions, as well as whether or not we wanted RE:Gold as DLC. The original plans were to not have it available as DLC, if I remember correctly.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
GuardianE said:
I have to respect Capcom for taking time to listen to people who complain/suggest things on Capcom-Unity.com. These two scenarios were, without a doubt, the most asked for additions. They also asked for costume suggestions, as well as whether or not we wanted RE:Gold as DLC. The original plans were to not have it available as DLC, if I remember correctly.

Why can't they ask us PC Resi5er's if we want it? :( I have my monies waiting for you Capcom.

Carlisle

GuardianE said:
I'm still skeptical about the PS3 version being released as DLC. I would think that support for an entirely new controller plus the balancing tweaks you'd need to make to accommodate are a lot to go into simple DLC. Seems more suited for a GOTY Edition disc release.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Stallion Free said:
Why can't they ask us PC Resi5er's if we want it? :( I have my monies waiting for you Capcom.

If you say something on the Capcom-Unity forums, and get others to show their interest as well, I'm sure Sven will actually put it out there into the flow of Capcom. Whether or not it gets picked up is another story.

Knowing the community, there's probably already a thread dedicated to people who want it. I'm sure the PC release is just a matter of time, anyway.

Sectus

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio5/ae/ - Official site is updated with quite a bit of stuff.

Carlisle said:
I'm still skeptical about the PS3 version being released as DLC. I would think that support for an entirely new controller plus the balancing tweaks you'd need to make to accommodate are a lot to go into simple DLC. Seems more suited for a GOTY Edition disc release.
No reason to be skeptical, it's officially announced that it'll be released as DLC on PS3.

rvy

Banned
According to Suzuki, both the Desperate Escape and Lost in Nightmares scenarios were part of Resident Evil 5 from the start of development, but were left out due to balance considerations. For Alternative Edition, the staff thought that in order to allow players to more deeply enjoy RE5, they should fill in the blank spaces.

Fuck off, CAPCOM. It's bullshit like this that makes me want to stop buying your games. The hell are balance considerations? Another way to say "rip off the consumer as much as possible"? Bastards. And where's my Leon and Hunk announcements for The Mercenaries Reunion?

Shikashi said:
Fuck off, CAPCOM. It's bullshit like this that makes me want to stop buying your games. The hell are balance considerations? Another way to say "rip off the consumer as much as possible"? Bastards. And where's my Leon and Hunk announcements for The Mercenaries Reunion?
Oh, come on. The RE5 scenarios were not fully developed by the time of the release, they just planned to include them in the final game. The voice recording sessions took place just three months ago. It's like Separate Ways from RE4: They couldn't meet the development deadline, so the content was cut. Doesn't mean everything was up and running right from the start.

rvy

Banned
Prime Blue said:
Oh, come on. The RE5 scenarios were not fully developed by the time of the release, they just planned to include them in the final game. The voice recording sessions took place just three months ago. It's like Separate Ways from RE4: They couldn't meet the development deadline, so the content was cut. Doesn't mean everything was up and running right from the start.
Doesn't mean they couldn't have delayed 1 or 2 months instead of ripping us off. Was Versus not finished by deadline too? Yeah, right.

Separate Ways was cut? I thought that was just added to make up for the shitty graphics in the PS2 version?

CrankyJay

Banned
Shikashi said:
Doesn't mean they couldn't have delayed 1 or 2 months instead of ripping us off. Was Versus not finished by deadline too? Yeah, right.

Separate Ways was cut? I thought that was just added to make up for the shitty graphics in the PS2 version?

No one's forcing you to buy it. If you really want to play it, rent it or wait a few months until the price comes down. Sheesh.

rvy

Banned
CrankyJay said:
No one's forcing you to buy it. If you really want to play it, rent it or wait a few months until the price comes down. Sheesh.
I must be the only guy that feels ripped off and doesn't enjoy it around here.

Well got a new PC and the RE5 benchmark works at a flawless 60fps
at 720p!

Not buying it again of course, til it's $5-10. Or Gold Edition comes out for it! :p

Sectus

Shikashi said:
Content gets dropped from games all the time, this is no different. The development of those episodes probably didn't get very far at all. The huge amount of requests from fans about playable Jill content during the flashback or during RE5 is probably a big reason why they decided to continue development of those episodes and release it as DLC.

This is nothing like the versus mode which was finished around the same time as the game, or countless of 0 day DLC for other games.

Darkpen

Banned
So I finally beat RE5 after I borrowed a copy from a fellow GAFer. I wish I played this earlier. I hate spoilers and Gametrailer so much.

I found myself enjoying the cutscenes, and the QTEs weren't so bad either. I really like the fact that there's a play all cutscenes option. The helicopter flying into the sunset was a nice touch. Came across a bunch of graphical gitches, though. Playing on 60gb PS3.

I found myself reading all of the files, and came to conclusion and hope for RE6 taking place like... 10 or 15 years in the future, and Jill has a child who inherited her super antibodies. She would be like Sarah Conner/Ripley-style awesome. There would be a return to form with actual zombie outbreaks, and maybe even jump-in-jump-out co-op online play in style of Demon's Souls, except remeniscent of the RE online games on PS2.

What do you guys think will happen next in the canon? Jill's suddenly a special character now, and for all we know, Wesker's dead for good. What's gonna happen next? :S

kuYuri

Darkpen said:
So I finally beat RE5 after I borrowed a copy from a fellow GAFer. I wish I played this earlier. I hate spoilers and Gametrailer so much.

I found myself enjoying the cutscenes, and the QTEs weren't so bad either. I really like the fact that there's a play all cutscenes option. The helicopter flying into the sunset was a nice touch. Came across a bunch of graphical gitches, though. Playing on 60gb PS3.

I found myself reading all of the files, and came to conclusion and hope for RE6 taking place like... 10 or 15 years in the future, and Jill has a child who inherited her super antibodies. She would be like Sarah Conner/Ripley-style awesome. There would be a return to form with actual zombie outbreaks, and maybe even jump-in-jump-out co-op online play in style of Demon's Souls, except remeniscent of the RE online games on PS2.

What do you guys think will happen next in the canon? Jill's suddenly a special character now, and for all we know, Wesker's dead for good. What's gonna happen next? :S

I believe Jun Takeuchi has already said there are plans to reboot the story for RE6.

nightez

Banned
Is anybody else having problems with this game? It completely freezes every 5-10 minutes, every time I play it. I've installed it to the HD but it still happens. This is seriously messed up.

Strider2K99 said:
I believe Jun Takeuchi has already said there are plans to reboot the story for RE6.
I don't think it's been confirmed exactly what this "reboot" was referring to specifically. Some have suggested that it may be just the game mechanics.

I think it would be pretty foolish for them to throw away all the story that's been developed so far.

Darkpen

Banned
nightez said:
Is anybody else having problems with this game? It completely freezes every 5-10 minutes, every time I play it. I've installed it to the HD but it still happens. This is seriously messed up.

I had graphical glitches when I recently played it on PS3, but it was mostly random geometry or textures getting stretched out.

Teknoman

Nothing during my co-op playthrough with Volcynika. Well maybe a small glitch during a cutscene, but I forgot what that was about...think it was inside the old temple.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Gunloc said:
I think it would be pretty foolish for them to throw away all the story that's been developed so far.

Esp. since there still is no MMORPG Raccoon City game.

Gunloc said:
I don't think it's been confirmed exactly what this "reboot" was referring to specifically. Some have suggested that it may be just the game mechanics.

The story they have now is convoluted, confusing, and all around terrible. Besides RE5 closed up most of the important questions, whatever comes next would be a new threat/company anyway. Might as well drop the extra, unnecessary baggage and start over.

Teknoman

Tricell should just pick up the slack where Umbrella left off. Its a cool enough company name, involved in pharmacuticals...and they need to reintroduce an actual virus again with scientists, labs, and actual scaryness.

After playing Darkside Chronicles, i've seen just how awesome virus based monsters can be with current gen technology (you know what I mean).

EDIT: If I wanted to get someone to go back through the game with me on hard mode, would I post it here or in the online forum?

Have they announced prices for the various expansions? I never bought RE5, and I'm wondering whether it would be cheaper to get the old RE5 disc (it's pretty cheap now) and buy the DLC, or wait for the Gold Edition. What would you guys advise?

rc213

Teknoman said:
Tricell should just pick up the slack where Umbrella left off. Its a cool enough company name, involved in pharmacuticals...and they need to reintroduce an actual virus again with scientists, labs, and actual scaryness.

After playing Darkside Chronicles, i've seen just how awesome virus based monsters can be with current gen technology (you know what I mean).

EDIT: If I wanted to get someone to go back through the game with me on hard mode, would I post it here or in the online forum?

I wouldn't mind running through it again, I still need alot of XP to unlock all more of the unlimited ammo weapons.

Finally started playing this guy, I'm a little conflicted on a few things though. Like, I can't help but feeling like chris's model is so damn large combined with the low angled camera , I just think it's a such a pain to see everything in my view. Also god do I want to be able to shoot and move one day in resident evil aside from outbreak # 2, why oh why they still prefer stationary shooting over movement and shooting is beyond me.

Treasures! Should I just sell them for money or is there some benefit to keeping them in my extended inventory?

Sectus

Orangepeel said:
Finally started playing this guy, I'm a little conflicted on a few things though. Like, I can't help but feeling like chris's model is so damn large combined with the low angled camera , I just think it's a such a pain to see everything in my view. Also god do I want to be able to shoot and move one day in resident evil aside from outbreak # 2, why oh why they still prefer stationary shooting over movement and shooting is beyond me.

Treasures! Should I just sell them for money or is there some benefit to keeping them in my extended inventory?
You playing on PC? There's a mod which moves the camera a bit further back and increases the FOV so you see more.

No use to keep treasures, might as well sell them as you get them.

Stationary shooting? One piece of the puzzle that is "unique gameplay".

Dyno

This holiday season I played through the game on PS3, having never played it on my new console. Played on Veteran with starting equipment so it was a good level of challenge.

So many good moments to this game. It's still one of my favs. Can't wait for the DLC.

Top Bottom