• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

Sectus

Considering the amount of people who complained about the forced coop in the game, this mod might be for them. Alone in Africa, aka single-singleplayer:
14v01nk.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9wJtPnzRqE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5hLg1Mcijw

The mod isn't perfect as Sheva is technically in the game. But since she's invisible, invincible, deals no damage and makes no sounds, it's a pretty effective illusion. And it's a nice way to make sure all the scripts still work (as there's plenty of areas where both players needs to be present in order to advance).

thechemist

Blueblur1 said:
A new patch? For what?

'II recently downloaded a patch for Resident Evil 5 on the PS3 that had the title Patch 2.0. When I opened the game, there was another sub-menu titled Extra Content, with most of the Gold Edition content there, although they were locked. There's Versus, Lost in Nightmares, Desperate... Something, The Mercenaries Reunion and Extra Figures. Only the last one is unlocked. Does anyone have any clue on how to unlock the rest?'

Thats from gamefaqs, I have not downloaded it myself yet.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=929198&topic=53081919

Edit - Beware - 'Hey i am just wondering why that when i turned on my resident evil 5 game i had to update it which i dont mind doing but then i lost all my previous game data!!!!
is that normal :('

from gamefaqs as well.

Nice to see a big patch supporting the original releases like that, but when you buy the gold edition you are buying a pre-patched copy on dvd/bluray anyway :p

Let's hope the PC version gets a sneaky 2.0 patch.

It looks like Capcom also thinks that the REmake models is able to compete with the current generation.

j5d0ft.jpg

2czvmlj.jpg

I hope this means that Barry and Rebecca will be playable charachters in mercenaries.

Aspiring

This was one of my most anticipated games this gen. However the Forced Co-op fucking killed it for me. I wish they would just change the name because this is no Resident Evil. Anyway, i am only up to chapter 3-1, and i have had it since launch, but i WILL be buying the DLC. Anything with Refrences to classic RE i am there and i cant wait to revisit the mansion.

I didnt mind RE5, just the forced Co-Op killed the game for me. Will be digging back into it though once i finish AC2.

And IMO they will make another Resident Evil game just like the old ones. There seems to be so much demand for it. It will happen. Once Capcom see sales of RE6 decline, and the hype for an old skool game increase, above what it already is.

neogaf1.gif

1138 said:
It looks like Capcom also thinks that the REmake models is able to compete with the current generation.

j5d0ft.jpg

2czvmlj.jpg

I hope this means that Barry and Rebecca will be playable charachters in mercenaries.
FUCKING MOTHER FUCKING BARRY BURTON :D :D :D :D :D

Aspiring said:
This was one of my most anticipated games this gen. However the Forced Co-op fucking killed it for me. I wish they would just change the name because this is no Resident Evil. Anyway, i am only up to chapter 3-1, and i have had it since launch, but i WILL be buying the DLC. Anything with Refrences to classic RE i am there and i cant wait to revisit the mansion.

I didnt mind RE5, just the forced Co-Op killed the game for me. Will be digging back into it though once i finish AC2.

And IMO they will make another Resident Evil game just like the old ones. There seems to be so much demand for it. It will happen. Once Capcom see sales of RE6 decline, and the hype for an old skool game increase, above what it already is.

neogaf1.gif

The forced Co-op made it feel more like a FPS or action game too. If Sheva was AI controlled or only in part of the game like Ashley in RE4 it wouldnt have felt like that. It just had too much action and not enough "evil" :D

VaLiancY

I'm trying to get SS on all the characters and believe it or not I'm not doing good with both Wesker variants. It's "dat ass" Jill that I feel great with that I'm getting SS scores with. If anyone is interested in doing some Mercenaries, feel free to add me "Valvodka" on XBL(If I'm not playing Mass Effect).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
VaLiancY said:
I'm trying to get SS on all the characters and believe it or not I'm not doing good with both Wesker variants. It's "dat ass" Jill that I feel great with that I'm getting SS scores with. If anyone is interested in doing some Mercenaries, feel free to add me "Valvodka" on XBL(If I'm not playing Mass Effect).

Are you doing headshot-> cobra strike? Because that's pretty much Wesker Midnight's entire strategy.

VaLiancY

GuardianE said:
Are you doing headshot-> cobra strike? Because that's pretty much Wesker Midnight's entire strategy.

Yeah, I'm doing that tactic but I always get grabbed from behind and they break my combos.

Any further reports on the safety of current game saves? I have mine backed up, so I may just give it a try.

black_vegeta said:
So is the bonus content on the gold edition going to be available for download for those who already have the regular edition?

For the 100th time, yes, it will be available for everyone.

Philanthropist said:
Any further reports on the safety of current game saves? I have mine backed up, so I may just give it a try.

For the 100th time, yes, it will be available for everyone.

Someone didn't have their happy cereal this morning...anyways, thanks.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
black_vegeta said:
Someone didn't have their happy cereal this morning...anyways, thanks.

People keep asking when it's mentioned a few posts before them. Just look on the previous page for an example.

MMKirby

Banned
Can't wait for LiN, has anyone seen the gameplay video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro_9UnBjAE4

Perhaps there will be new additions to versus due to what this guy had typed in his video descriptions for mercenaries reunion, although it might be a typo. I found it weird to be just a coincidence though when Sheva Business/Chris Exoskeleton have the versus comment, but not Folklore warrior.

netguy503

MMKirby said:
Can't wait for LiN, has anyone seen the gameplay video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro_9UnBjAE4

Perhaps there will be new additions to versus due to what this guy had typed in his video descriptions for mercenaries reunion, although it might be a typo. I found it weird to be just a coincidence though when Sheva Business/Chris Exoskeleton have the versus comment, but not Folklore warrior.

"An hour and a half-2 hour experience"?:lol Man, even if your SLOW that's alot of BS. Seriously why the huge gap in time difference? Why not go for an hour and a half- 3 hour experience?

Teknoman

Turned on my PS3 version and no update prompts popped up. Messed with join game, new game+ and other options, but still nothing.

EDIT: Guess they took it down or something because of that save file wipe problem.

Aspiring

So as i said earlier this was one of my biggest disapointments this gen. But my brother's 360 shit itself, so he picked this up on PS3, as it was on sale for half price, and it is cheaper to buy it half price and buy the DLC on top rather than buy it all packaged brand new, and we have been flying through it. It still is not the best, and sometimes i feel like i am just going room to room clearing enemies, open door, rinse and repeat.

However
i just got to the underground part, and fought the giant spider
and man has the game picked up speed. The constant little refrences to Umbrella tickle me in a good way and the story is at last getting interesting. Also, even though i hate the co-op, when playing with someone you know in Real life, it does feel a lot better. Its a lot more fun, and i am actually enjoying it now.

Cant wait for the DLC to hit, should be amazing.

Also i hope online mercanaries is as fun as i am hoping its going to be.

Sectus

Teknoman said:
Turned on my PS3 version and no update prompts popped up. Messed with join game, new game+ and other options, but still nothing.

EDIT: Guess they took it down or something because of that save file wipe problem.
I'm pretty sure the early patch release was accidental. Capcom has been taking down videos showing the figures in the patch.

Ember128

Anyone have the 360 Version? Hit me up on XBL, GT: Ember512. I still need to get through it the first time, I smoked it on the PS3 but never got around to finishing the 360 Version.

aristotle

Has any information been released about whether the new version of RE5 will be compatible with the old saves? I'd rather buy the new version since I got rid of RE5 since I've beaten it, but I don't feel like starting over again.

Blueblur1

Whoa, I had not seen the Barry and Rebecca figures until now. Surprised spoiled, I guess. I would have preferred Leon and Claire but these two are new characters nonetheless. I fuckin' hate that Capcom has been counting skins as characters.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sectus said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylrN5ddvnDQ - Resident Evil 5 with classic RE static camera angles, and Wesker behaving like Wesker.

What Biohazard 5 should've been. :( ;___;

Teknoman said:

Wait, wut? The DLC is in a patch or is that the merc's rebirth mode?

Erebus

MMKirby said:
Hey guys, check out Barry/Rebecca Mercs videos.

Barry looks just too great.
I love the new music! Hopefully all these new characters will be available in Versus too.

Have they said whether or not Mercenaries Reunion will include new levels as well?

MMKirby

Banned
DarkUSS said:
I love the new music! Hopefully all these new characters will be available in Versus too.

Have they said whether or not Mercenaries Reunion will include new levels as well?

We've heard from a moderator already that they're not looking to add them to versus... /rage. Mercenaries Reunion may include new maps, we'll just have to wait and as for versus, considering the era we're in they can always patch/dlc if we request I suppose.

Source: http://www.capcom-unity.com/resident_evil/go/thread/view/7391/22333125/Im_confused...

Considering that RE6 won't be coming out for 6-8 years and is a reboot, I'd think they'd work to boost RE5 more.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
My two favourite characters have returned! Can't wait to smack some majini with THIS, and then have Becky
with the body of an 11 year old boy
spray them in the face.

Top Bottom