• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Yo, I'll play anyone, anywhere! I'm not really a connection snob unless its just totally unplayable.

I'll let you guys know when its up.

MIMIC

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
On SRK's front page, they have the finalists for the match of the year 2009 poll, Holy ish at the 3rd round on this one :

Fujisawa(Gu) vs. Akimo(Ho)

:lol :lol Great match. Fitting end.

Having a match end as a draw should have been an achievement

I gotta start implementing Guile's "dash > Ultra" into my game. I do the "hop(KKK) > Ultra" a lot with Blanka and it's usually pretty effective.

The marvel match on the front page is ridiculous as well simply due to the tier differential. It's like a Dan that starts the match off with 25% life against Sagat with teleport, simply ridiculous. You then add the exciting finish and holy shit.

ReiGun

haunts said:
Sooo I'm feeling a little better, been sick all week and I will have access to some GOD LIKE (80mbps download and 40mbps upload!!) internet over the next 2-3 days.. I was thinking of doing a haunts vs the world live stream. basically I should be able to play on xbox live and also stream at the same time, so you guys can log on and beat me up in front of an audience.

whattya think? you guys down? :D
This sounds like fun. I'm in, even if it means all will see my bad Chun. :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
OK, going there now to set up. I think tonight will be a test and considering doing a marathon holiday SF4 session tomm all day if all goes well.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Daigo said:
However, one of the weak points that the overseas scene has is their “professional mentality”. Leveling up your game goes hand in hand with the professional mentality, but in reality it can also have an adverse affect, and people will stop sharing information, and stop becoming humble, and it tends to turn into a situation where you won’t be able to amass a lot of strong players to play against each other. That can lead to a situation where you actually take away from your scene.

In Japan you have a situation where there are a lot of people who love to experiment with the game, so when you include those kind of players into the mix, you get to the level where Japan is right now. However, if Japan ever falls into the above situation where people are unwilling to help each other, we won’t be able to maintain our current level.
Heh, you don't say...

I think that's a Cali/Ny thing. You go to the smaller communities (such as Tx) and it's a completely open environment with regards to game info. Unfortunately, Cali/Ny = 90% of the scene in america.

But even then though, you see people like Alex Valle with the "help the scrubs" sessions, so I'd say the issue is a bit blown up. The only time I've really seen the issue blatantly confronted was when Sanford had that video up of him saying Justin Wong doesn't help other players.

My favorite matches were the Honda vs. Guile or the TVC. The TVC was probably the greatest comeback of all time. Ridiculous.

I'd agree with Find, the tier disparity is pretty huge in the MVC2 match. I looked and saw Sentinel, Rogue and Ken vs. yawn Sentinel, Storm, etc. But I think the MVC2 and the Sabre vs. Valle were just a case of character disparity and much less exciting match.

Honda vs. Guile though. They both. And the TVC, that Ryu was down to half life versus his opponent who had 75 percent for his first character and full health reserve.

Yo Haunts, make some magic happen.

Bob White

Someone needs to make a "year in fighting games" thread with all the big shit that happened. Tekken online fail. SF4 reverse window. SSF4 hype. Evo shit. Best trash talk beefs. I'm too lazy though.

Tekken is playable now though lawls

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I sent a few personalized naked pictures of me and my stick earlier, does anyone else want one?

--

Oichi: thanks for putting that up/doing that :D

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
How to beat every character with Ryu, by Timedog

I am using my awesome match up knowledge to create a definitive guide for Ryu players. This is powerful, powerful stuff, so use it with extreme caution, unless you want large amounts of salt in your eyes.

Fei Long: Cr. mk him all day long. It will beat everything he has. DP forever until one finally hits and you can ultra. I think you can lp dp a chicken wing into your ultra but I'm not quite sure cause I've only played Fei Long like 5 times.

Cammy: Crouch all day. There's nothing she can do against crouch. After a blocked cannon strike, take a step forward then do cr. mk into EX tatsu. You should be saving your ex meters for this purpose. In the corner do this combo:

j. mp, cr. lk, cr. lp, cr. hp, hp fireball xx FADC, cr. mk, ex tatsu, ultra

Akuma: dash forward under his air fireballs and dp or sweep depending on the range. Do a shitty jump in to get him to go into ultra, but do an air ex tatsu so you don't get hit. If you get him to waste his ultra. If he wastes his ultra, you win the match. Don't worry about getting hit with any of his moves because his health is so low it doesn't even matter. Taunt him by getting hit with his moves on purpose. Afterwards send some hatemail going into detail about the size and characteristics of your penis (or vagina).

Gouken: Test him out with tons of jump in attempts in the first round. Losing the first round is okay, because he is such a gimmicky character and you need to learn how the other player uses his gimmicks. It's okay to lose the second round sometimes too, but if by chance you make it to a 3rd round, then it's time to go all out. If he's countering you every time, make him afraid to counter by empty jumping and comboing his ass to kingdom come (I reccomend j. hk into sweep for high damage). Once he's afraid to counter, he's done. Also cr. mk into fireball EVERY time on wakeup. If he starts low countering, throw his ass. Get a one pixel health lead, then just run away and taunt. Gouken players are very susceptible to taunt spam because they're really insecure. Once you make him come after you, just dp into ultra.

To be continued...

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
FindMyFarms said:
Yo timedog how I beat random select, n wut about ppl in wheelchairs

Good idea, I'll be adding a random select strategy after I'm done with the entire cast. I've got this game on lockdown, bro.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
33wrvyd.jpg

timedog if we ever play do u promise to go easy on me, i wear braces, glasses, and suspenders

edit - Nice! Ok gaffers, time to give haunts the business!

FindMyFarms said:
timedog if we ever play do u promise to go easy on me, i wear braces, glasses, and suspenders

edit - Nice! Ok gaffers, time to give haunts the business!

I would but my wife is watching Shriek on the TV, FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

Is this 360 only? I'd love to get owned by Haunts as well, but currently I'm PC only :(

Besides, I beat Timedog for free, that's gotta mean something :p

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Rice-Eater said:
Is this 360 only? I'd love to get owned by Haunts as well, but currently I'm PC only :(

Besides, I beat Timedog for free, that's gotta mean something :p

Real talk, you beat me harder than anyone else on GAF.

Threi

notag
oh my god...I just realized I had the stream running on two comps and a torrent downloading while I was fighting haunts :lol :lol :lol

/epic facepalm

I want a rematch >=(

MIMIC

Banned
Excellent Zangief vs. Pretty Good Fuerte: It's almost not even worth it. :lol

I only won after adapting to this insanely good Zangief. I've never been owned so many times on my wake-up. :D I had to change it up if I wanted to win. Vs. my Fuerte, I think it went 4-4

gutabo

Hey is haunts doing the stream tomorrow?

EDIT: Haunts you're going to make me go get my TE to my place at 4am!!!

EDIT 2: Ok I'll play with my old stick ;)

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Hey guys thanks for tuning in and even bigger thanks to everyone I played. too many people to name really but it was a blast for sure. Ill post when it's live tomorrow. Probably just going to chill and play all day. :lol

Top Bottom