• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Dan has some decent matchups supposedly. Gen/Dan is supposed to be in Dan's favor, and Flash Metroid thinks Viper/Dan is 5/5 for whatever reason.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I love when I get into Jumpkick Warz on xbl. he no scare, i no scare, WHO THE FUCK IS GONNA HIT J.HK FIRST, MOTHERFUCKER!!! Shit gets so intense.

I wanna start money matching dudes where the only damage that can be done in the match is from jump kicks. I'll jumpkick dudes through hula hoops.

AZ Greg

Kadey said:
I messed up on the video. I meant to say FOTY not GOTY. :lol

You back on XBL yet? I still need to pay you back!

Oh, and your Eagles better beat the Cowboys a week from Sunday. My Packers need the help to clinch a playoff spot!

GG's AZ Greg!!

You're Vega is a pain in the ass as always. I kept messing up on my ultra after headbutt (I did a taunt instead of an ultra :lol) , arrrgh. I'll get your Vega one of these days.

How in the hell do I stop those wall jumps?

Papi

I started playing this game in July with the release of the PC version. I had been playing on my laptop with two TE sticks.
I eventually bought a 50" Viera and an X360 last month.
SFIV is the only game I make time to play and I'm still so shit at it.
GOTY.

Wallach

haunts said:
Yup, ill post a link when we're live. MAGUS1234 is coming to pick me up now.. not sure how I got suckered into streaming on xmas day but I know it will be fun. lol

You guys wind up not doing this?

AZ Greg

black_vegeta said:
How in the hell do I stop those wall jumps?

I'm assuming you're talking about the grab? A well timed dash might work though I'm not sure. I think I read that a dash counts as being in the air? Your best bet is to get air born as soon as you see me go off the wall and throw out your best normal. But the downside to that is that it puts you at risk of getting hit by the slice if I get the range right. Most people have gotten into the habit of just FA'ing Vega when he goes off the wall because they aren't counting on the person being able to execute the grab since the hitbox is all wonky. But doing a FA just leaves you wide open for the throw. Some rock/paper/scissors action.

GGs Gutabo. The lag actually wasn't as bad as last time. It made AA'ing jump-ins a little tough and walk up throws a little more annoying than they should have been :lol, but it was fun. As for your message, I'd say keep working on your Ryu.

Also, is Honda's rising butt slam thing safe on block or is it just hard to punish with lag/Vega/etc...? I play a lot of Hondas who just spam that out and it seems like even if I just try and hit them with a LP after block their next one will beat me out. :(

MIMIC

Banned
So, um, WTF happened at 5:37 in this clip? I'm a Fuerte player and even I don't know what the fuck he just did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4_FqOoUO_E#t=5m37s

You can hear the videographer go "Hmm" as if to suggest that even he didn't know wtf he did, either.

I can only think of two things that would explain that, and neither of them are possible (and aren't supported by the evidence in the video):

1. EX Run canceled into Super. That can't happen because 1/4 of the Super Bar is needed for the EX Run. After it's used, obviously, a Super Combo can't be done; 3 bars isn't sufficient.

2. FADC. This couldn't have happened because there was no dash whatsoever.

Maybe it was a glitch. It looked like he started the EX Run (backwards) and it somehow canceled into the super.

Nose master is close, but it's not an FA, it's EX run (Notice the reversal message). It's armor canceling or EX kara cancel or whatever name people finally settled on. You can cancel moves with super armor into ultra/super if you get hit within a small window right as the move starts. It won't burn EX meter, which is why super works.

Lost Fragment said:
In the market for a new HDTV. What TVs do ya'll use? Looking at the LG 32LH30 since I keep hearing good things about it as far as input lag goes.

Seems like a good tv, if it has a "game" mode or something similar that turns off all the post processing then you should be gravy.

Keep in mind though, since sf4's native resolution is at 720p, and the tv is at 1080p there will be a slight slight bit of lag on top of things no matter what, whether you actually notice it however is a different story.

Kadey said:
So like, somebody on PSN sent me a naked picture of himself with my name on his chest. :lol

o_0 kinda creepy if he knows your name isn't it? Or was it a friend, in which case carry on :lol

MIMIC said:
So, um, WTF happened at 5:37 in this clip? I'm a Fuerte player and even I don't know what the fuck he just did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4_FqOoUO_E#t=5m37s

You can hear the videographer go "Hmm" as if to suggest that even he didn't know wtf he did, either.

I can only think of two things that would explain that, and neither of them are possible (and aren't supported by the evidence in the video):

1. EX Run canceled into Super. That can't happen because 1/4 of the Super Bar is needed for the EX Run. After it's used, obviously, a Super Combo can't be done; 3 bars isn't sufficient.

Maybe it was a glitch. It looked like he started the EX Run (backwards) and it somehow canceled into the super.

Looks like a Focus dash cancel super, or whatever it's called.

There was a video quite a while ago where they showed Focus into Instant Ultra... I guess you can do the same thing with supers? It's like you dash so quickly that you can super or ultra cancel before the dash is finished. It's a really hard technique, but it is possible.

hitsugi

wow.. page 1000. so much love for SF I could cry ; ;

as for the Fuerte talk:

Teknopathetic seems to be close with the ex armor canceling, but I've only seen that utilized with ultras, and I thought it did take 1 bar..

MIMIC said:

You can kara into super off an FA kinda like kara taunt. The player probably ran his hand over MP instead of just K while doing the super input.

CPS2

MIMIC: I've tested this out and it'd definitely an EX run kara cancelled into super. The input is 23623+PP,6+K. I heard the window for most kara cancels in this game is about 1 frame (except for stuff like Sagat's 6LK and Ken's 6MK) so it might be a short enough time for the game to allow you to keep a full stock. LOL legit 5 bars. It's not that hard to do if you map MK to LP+MP+HP, and piano from that into LK.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Sooo I'm feeling a little better, been sick all week and I will have access to some GOD LIKE (80mbps download and 40mbps upload!!) internet over the next 2-3 days.. I was thinking of doing a haunts vs the world live stream. basically I should be able to play on xbox live and also stream at the same time, so you guys can log on and beat me up in front of an audience.

whattya think? you guys down? :D

haunts said:
Sooo I'm feeling a little better, been sick all week and I will have access to some GOD LIKE (80mbps download and 40mbps upload!!) internet over the next 2-3 days.. I was thinking of doing a haunts vs the world live stream. basically I should be able to play on xbox live and also stream at the same time, so you guys can log on and beat me up in front of an audience.

Do it!

Mr Jared

haunts said:

Haha.. Good lord, where is this?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Mr Jared said:
Haha.. Good lord, where is this?

Im watching my friends place and he has like a T-1 connection or something. :lol

Ive been sleeping all day for like the past week so havent really taken advantage of it though. :\

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
haunts said:

yessir

haunts said:
Im watching my friends place and he has like a T-1 connection or something. :lol

Ive been sleeping all day for like the past week so havent really taken advantage of it though. :\
T-1 is 1.5 megs. Maybe a T-3, FIOS or OC line. But I'd like to see it. AZ Greg, Kadey, Turtle, Caj, Timedog and a few others volunteer. Btw, isn't Justin W. Supposed to be playing in his first West Coast Tourney?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Going to eat some tacos and stuff and set it up a little later, probably around 7 or 8 pst. If it goes well ill try to do it all weekend.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Hi, I translated a huge ass Daigo interview just now... well, i've been working on it for the past two weeks, but it's long and I was busy with work. Anyway, check it out!

http://www.versuscity.net/2009/12/27/daigos-godsgarden-interview/

Here's just one of the questions from it...

Right now the Japanese scene is stronger than the American and European scenes, but how do you think those scenes can evolve?
I think that the overseas scenes can grow stronger than the Japanese scene, and I think that it’s possible that the Japanese can be influenced by the overseas scene. Japanese players don’t really have any information on what’s going on overseas, so if we want to improve everyone else has to improve as well. Right now the level of the Japanese players is really high, but who knows how long that’s going to last.

I think if you look back five or six years ago, the level of overseas players was really low. There weren’t any arcades around so it was a major handicap for them, but once the strong US players are able to play against each other several times, overtaking the Japanese players becomes only a matter of time.

However, one of the weak points that the overseas scene has is their “professional mentality”. Leveling up your game goes hand in hand with the professional mentality, but in reality it can also have an adverse affect, and people will stop sharing information, and stop becoming humble, and it tends to turn into a situation where you won’t be able to amass a lot of strong players to play against each other. That can lead to a situation where you actually take away from your scene.

In Japan you have a situation where there are a lot of people who love to experiment with the game, so when you include those kind of players into the mix, you get to the level where Japan is right now. However, if Japan ever falls into the above situation where people are unwilling to help each other, we won’t be able to maintain our current level.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
haunts said:

That sounds pretty great. Until the shittiness of my Viper is exposed for the world to see.

But I'm down anyway if I'm still up and if KY isn't too far away for your tastes.

ArjanN

Lost Fragment said:
Dan has some decent matchups supposedly. Gen/Dan is supposed to be in Dan's favor, and Flash Metroid thinks Viper/Dan is 5/5 for whatever reason.

I'd say Viper VS Dan is about 6:4.

Gen vs Dan is 5:5 I'd say.

Dan is 7:3 against most of the higher tier guys like Ryu, Sagat and Zangief, but he's about even against the lower half of the tier list.

I think Dan is actually pretty decent against Akuma though.

Top Bottom